Chapter 29

Will You Be Mine?
c  h  a  p  t  e  r    t w e n t y  n i n e
stranded [2] 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTE: Sulli's replies and though in pink; Kris in blue; The other characters will be black

SULLI's POV

 

My phone’s alarm stirs me up from my deep slumber. I tried to open my eyes slowly, rubbing it with my hands softly as I adjusted to the light. I was about to get up when a heavy thing keeps me from doing so. My eyes darted to the arms on my waist, blinking at it. I already knew whose arm is it.

 

I turned my head to the side, my eyes sight sliding towards the owner of the said arms. Kris oppa is still sleeping, the barrier I made last night is nowhere in sight. His legs are also entangled with mine. I gulped, how did we end up like this?

 

I lift his arms off my waist when he stirs, unable to process anything; I lie down once again and close my eyes, pretending to sleep. I felt a pair of eyes, looking at me but my stubborn self don’t want to be caught so I continue to pretend sleeping. I felt his hands caress my hair.

 

‘Omo, what is he doing? Oh please stop that.’ I said to myself, trying not making any noise that will give me up.

 

The arm that is wrapping around my waist has been remove, as well as the legs that are entangled with mine. A part of me feels disappointed at the emptiness I felt when he remove it but I kind of relieve that he do so because if not, I don’t if I can still contain myself.

 

Soft noises around the room was heard when he gets up, this is the time that I should ‘wake up’. Trying my best to act, I stir up into bed and open my eyes. He’s nowhere in sight, maybe he’s in the bathroom. I sat up on the bed and breathe heavily; the thumping of my chest didn’t help either.

 

I am still in my own world when he gets out of the bathroom, he look at me with a smile.

 

“Good morning sleeping beauty.”

 

‘What’s with this new nickname omg, my poor heart.’ I sighed mentally; I can’t keep calm about this.

 

“Good morning, oppa. How’s your sleep?” I asked him, trying to compose myself.

 

He walks to me and pats my head.

 

“It is perfect. How about yours?”

 

“I had a very nice sleep.” I said nodding.

 

“Good. Now, take a shower and we’ll have breakfast downstairs before you start your shoot.”

 

I hurriedly skip to my bag, take out clothes and went inside the bathroom.

 

‘This is better, I need my air.’ I mumble as I closed the door behind me.

 

*****

 

After getting ready for the scheduled photo shoot, Kris oppa and I went down to eat our breakfast. The others we’re already on the location to set the place.

 

At exactly 8 am we both headed to the location which is not that far, we just walked our way to the said location. When we arrived, the stylist immediately drags me to the set up tent on the corner.

 

“Come on. We need to get you ready, Minho is waiting.” She said to me before making me sat down on the chair in front of a mirror.

 

I nodded with a smile, and looked at oppa. He nodded back at me and followed us to the tent.

 

The shoot starts as soon as the stylist finished dressing me up. I feel like a Barbie doll when she do that honestly.

 

“Okay Sulli, don’t smile this time. Make a serious face while looking at any directions you want.” Minho said as he repeatedly clicked his camera.

 

I did what I was told. This time, the shoot doesn’t like the previous ones that I just need to smile and that. It is like a gloomy concept but I love it but I don’t know if I really look good when I have a serious face.

 

 

The wind blew suddenly since we’re in an open location. Minho looked up at me, and smile. He walked to my direction and brushes a few strands of hair out of face. I bit my lower lip, trying not to blush from the gesture.

 

But I actually failed because I my cheeks felt hot all of sudden and all I did is avoid looking at his eyes. I felt his fingers brush my cheeks and tilted my chin to look at his.

 

“You look pretty when you’re blushing.” He said that made me blush much harder if that’s even possible.

 

“Aish Minho yah, stop it.” I said trying to be casual about it.

 

He just smiles at me. “Alright alright.”

 

Walking to his previous spot, we resume the shoot. Several photos we’re taken when the shoot wrap up. Everyone starts packing since the sky looks like it will be raining soon.

 

 

Since we finished the shoot earlier than usual, the team decided that we all should go home to rest.

 

I walked to where Kris oppa is standing earlier, he have this dim face and I thought that he’s jealous for a minute but maybe I’m just dreaming.

 

“Oppa, come on. Let’s pack our things so we can go home as well.” I said looking at him.

 

He doesn’t even utter a word and just nod at me. He turned to his heels and proceeded to get in the house. I was left dumbfounded with his actions. ‘What did I did I do this time?’

 

Sighing I just followed him and went upstairs in our room and starts packing. Silence engulfs our room until he looked at me.

 

“Are you finished?” his face shows no expression at all and scares me.

 

I nod, looking down at my bag, afraid to look at him in the eye.

 

“If that’s so, let’s go.” He said before picking up his and my bag and walking out of the room. I just followed him unconsciously.

 

My mood instantly drop below the ground, the way he treats me just saddens me. Are we back to phase one?

 

When we got to put the bags on the car, Minho come up to me and pat my head.

 

“You always amaze me Sulli on how good you are in this job. So, I’m going first. See you in Seoul, alright?”

 

I nods, a small smile crept on my face as he walk to his car. I turned around just to find oppa looking at Minho’s back as if he’s going to kill him anytime soon.

 

‘Is he jealous of Minho? Tss. Why would he though, he doesn’t like me.’ Shrugging the thought off, I get in the car and waited for him to do the same.

 

He started the engine without saying anything and in a few minutes, we’re now on the highway. Glancing at him secretly, I can see that he’s brows furrowed and he looks like he’s thinking something deep.

 

“Oppa. Did I do something wrong?” I asked him when I can’t take it anymore.

 

He shakes his head in response not uttering even a single word.

 

Sighing, “But why are you ignoring me? Your mood has been dark since the shoot finished.”

 

“I am not ignoring you. I’m not just in the mood to talk.” He said.

 

“I’m sorry. If you want I’ll just take a bus home. Sorry for bothering you.” I said, looking down at my lap.

 

In my surprise he parked the car on the side and punches the driver’s wheel. I started to tremble in fear; I don’t know what to do. My mind is clouded and panic eats me up.

 

When he turns his head to look at me I immediately back away and scoot closer to the door.

 

His softened when he saw me, his hands reaches out to touch my cheeks then he grabbed my arms and wraps his arms around my waist as he buries his face on my shoulder.

 

“Sulli ah~ don’t be afraid with me. I’m so sorry if I scare you.” He mumbles.

 

For I was shocked at the moment, I just sat there stiffened but as soon as I got over it, tears starts flowing out of my eyes. I was honestly scared, I’m scared that he’s mad at me and we’ll be back to what we used before and I don’t want that. Call me selfish but I want to be closer to him than before.

 

He leans back a bit to look at my face, he sighed while wiping my tears with his thumb.

 

“Don’t cry. Oppa is sorry. I didn’t mean to.” He told me softly. I just nod.

 

He smiled at me, one of his precious smiles; A genuine one.

 

“You want to know why I acted like that back there?”

 

I shyly nodded at him. His fingers that wipe my tears is now caressing the side of my face as she he stare at me softly.

 

“That’s because……….I’m so jealous.”

 

Blinking to what he just said, “J—jealous? But why? To whom?”

 

“With Minho. The way he touches you, the way you smile back at him as if you two are lovers.”

 

I internally smile at that. He got jealous! Yes! I’m so happy right now that I could hug him tight but I need to restrain myself until I know if he really likes me back.

 

I stubbornly press the subject as I cross my arms over my chest.

 

“Why would you be jealous though? We’re not in a relationship and you don’t like me.”

 

He cups my face to make me look back at him.

 

“How sure are you that I don’t like you?”

 

That caught me off guard.

 

“I… just thought you wouldn’t since you’re cold to me since day one.” I stutter.

 

He smirks and leans in until our noses touch each other.

 

“Do you want to know the truth?”

 

Gulping, “What truth are you talking about and…can you lean back now. This is so awkward.” I said trying to push him off but he didn’t budge, he just leans in closer and now resting his forehead to mine. I can smell his minty breath and it put me into bliss.

 

“I don’t want. I like how close we are right now and the truth is I like you Sulli.”

 

My mouth hangs open and couldn’t reply.

 

He pushes my chin upward and closes the gap to kiss my lips. Just a soft brush but that’s all it takes to make my heart melt. The teasing and all of his actions, I couldn’t take it anymore, I wrap my arms around his neck.

 

The kiss is just overwhelming that we didn’t notice that our lips are still locked to each other for a few minutes not until we both need air. Pulling off away from the kiss, we both gasp for air. He rest his forehead back to mine as he close his eyes.

 

“Could you wait for me a little bit more, Ssul?” he asked.

 

I have waited enough so what a little longer can do. “Okay.”

 

“That’s all I want to hear. After I fix myself, I’ll be free to be with you.”  He smiles down at me.

 

I know he’s talking about his past and I am more than willing to wait. That’s all what I’m holding into, his words. I nodded and hug him.

 

He wraps his arms around me as he buries his face into my neck before pulling back and patting my head. Then he straightens himself and starts the engine. Felling giddy and embarrassed, I looked out the window as I wait for him to drive off again when I heard his curse.

 

I frantically turned and looked at him. “Oppa what happen?”

 

He looked back at me. “The engine won’t start.”

 

My eyes widen, “What?”

 

We are in the highway and the sky looks like the rain will fall anytime soon; talking about bad timing.

 

“I’m sorry. I’ll try to fix it before it rain, alright? Stay here.” He said before getting out of the car and opens the car’s hood.

 

Sighing I waited patiently inside the car but unfortunately the rain suddenly pour down. Taking my umbrella out my bag, I hurried out to Kris oppa.

 

“Come on, it’s already raining. Let’s just wait until it stops oppa.” I said as I tug him inside the car.

 

He closes the hood and followed me. I immediately offer him a clean towel so he could wipe his body that got wet because of the rain. I helped him to dry his hair when he locked his gaze to me.

 

I blinked at him and lean back to my seat. He reaches out to me and pinched my cheeks lightly.

 

“You’re so cute when you got shy.” He said while chuckling.

 

I just puffed my cheeks as I pout. What’s with the teasing my goodness---

 

“Don’t do that.”

 

I looked back at him, confused. “Don’t do what?”

 

His fingers brush my lips. “Don’t pout or I’ll kiss you.”

 

I slap his hand away shyly. “Yah! Stop teasing me.”

 

“Okay okay. You can sleep Ssul, I think the rain won’t stop for a while longer. I’ll just wake you up when it’s over, alright?”

 

I nod. Actually I kind of sleepy but because of him I don’t have the guts to fell asleep but now the he mention it I suddenly yawn and leans my head to the door.

 

A hand grabs my head and I know for a fact that it belongs to oppa, he rest my head to his shoulder.

 

“Now, sleep princess.” I nods and close my eyes.

 

*****

 

A woke up with a soft tapping in my nose. Wiggling my nose as it itch because of tapping, I heard a soft laugh that made me sat upright. Looking around I found myself still inside the car and my seat is inclined backwards while Kris oppa is looking at me from outside, he’s leaning down on the window in my side.

 

“What time is it, oppa?”

 

“It’s 5 am already, sleeping beauty. I already fix the car when the rain stops last night.”

 

“You should have wake me up.” I said rubbing my eyes slowly.

 

He pats my head and smiles. “You look so peaceful so I didn’t wake you up. I fall asleep as well so it’s okay. We can go home now.”

 

I nod and he rounded to the driver’s seat and gets in. He holds my hand and starts the engine.

 

“Remember what I told you alright? Wait for me.” He said and we drove off.

 

I wide grin crept onto my face, I was afraid that he forget about that but the assurance he gave me, gives me hope. This is the best day of my life and I will treasure this forever.

 

 

 
_____________________________________________________________
 
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
»  Dear Reader’s I’m so sorry it took me so long to update. I got stressed and pressured this semester and I can’t find myself to write these past weeks. I’m deeply sorry so here’s my update. Forgive me guys. I actually wrote this before but stop midway because of school. I hope you like it though. This story is kind of nearing to its end so maybe a few chapters more and done. I love you guys for bearing with me all this time. You’re all the best. You’re comments made me keep up. Thank you so much. I will try my best to write more fanfics in the future so please continue to support me.