Chapter 24

Will You Be Mine?
c  h  a  p  t  e  r    t w e n t y  f o u r
amber's childhood friend 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTE: Sulli's replies and though in pink; Kris in blue; The other characters will be black

SULLI's POV

 

Minho and his friend Key invited us all out in a dinner after the shoot. Aunt Boa, Kai and Luhan gege decided to leave first since Uncle Yunho is waiting at home, as well as the other members of EXO. The people who left are just me, my four friends, Kai, Kris and Lay.

 

Kris and Lay actually stayed maybe because Luhan gege told them to look out for me and my friends.

 

 Amber unnie is really quiet after she confirmed that she knows Key and likewise Key has been quiet as well on our way to the restaurant.

 

The sitting arrangement is this: Vic Unnie, Luna Unnie, Amber Unnie, Me and Krystal. On the other side of the table is: Key, Minho, Lay and Kris.

 

Minho ordered the food and we all start talking, introducing their selves to our new acquaintances: Minho and Key. Everyone is very curious about Amber unnie’s relation with Key but no one has asked about it since Amber unnie seems dropped her mood down. But Minho asked about it.

 

“By the way, Amber how did you and Key knew each other?” he asked her.

 

We all turned our attention to Amber unnie and Key. They both lifted their heads up and accidentally looked at each other, Amber unnie shift her gaze away immediately. Key sighed.

 

“Amber and I were childhood friends.” He said simply.

 

Minho then again pressed the issue. “Were? As in past tense or I just heard it wrong?”

 

Amber unnie looked up this time and glare at Key. “What he means is we’re ex-lovers.”

 

My mouth hangs open while the others choked.

 

I blinked looking back and forth from unnie and Key before asking.

 

“Urm, you mean…you’re not just childhood friends but you two actually had a past?”

 

I heard Key sighed and nods.

 

“Yes we do Sulli.”

 

I nodded sheepishly.

 

“I’m sorry for asking though.”

 

“Don’t worry about that baby Ssul. I know all of you will definitely figure it out even though I won’t tell you about it.” Amber unnie reassured us.

 

“So what happen though, if you know what I mean?” Minho asked once again.

 

All of us gaped at his blunt question but decided to remain silent since we really are curious about the two.

 

“Choi Minho. Stop it. I will tell you about it privately not in here please.” Key told him.

 

“But I bet all of us are curious, right?” he said, looking to us.

 

We all nodded.

 

“If Amber and Key isn’t comfortable talking about it then we should leave them alone.” Kris suddenly butts in.

 

“Yeah I agree as well. We won’t force you to say anything if you don’t want to so I think we might as well leave the topic alone for now.” Lay said in agreement.

 

My four girl friends nodded in understanding while Minho sighed since he won’t be able to know the reason why the two broke up in the first place.

 

Minho raised both of his hands up in surrender when Amber unnie said something.

 

“No, it’s okay. It is in the past already so I don’t mind telling you the story.”

 

I saw Key gulped in my peripheral vision.

 

Amber unnie leaned forward to start her story as we intently wait for her.

 

“I and he were childhood friends back then. My family and his are friends so basically grew up together. We were classmates when we enter school, we were very close that our friends mistaken as an item. So we decided to bring our relationship to the next level. We became lovers. Then one day, I found him cheating on me. He skipped class telling me that he’s sick but I saw him in the mall with another girl so I broke up with him. I really think our relationship is just a result of pressure from friends and family and we really don’t love each other that way.” She said in one go.

 

“I did not cheat on you Amber.” Key mumbles but is loud enough to be heard by all of us.

 

We remained silent, thinking that this might be the right time that they should clear they’re misunderstanding. No one dared to talk as we watched them. Amber unnie widened her eyes at Key as she heard what he said.

 

“What do you mean? I saw you and I’m neither blind nor lying.”

 

“You misunderstand things.” Key looked back at her with intensity in his eyes.

 

She scoffed. “Misunderstand things? How come? You were with that girl and she’s clinging to you. You’re supposed to be at home since you told me that you’re sick.”

 

“Yes I did lie to you about me being sick but there’s a reason about it.” Key admitted.

 

She laughs bitterly. “See? You admitted it finally. Now I’m really thinking if I’m really important to you back then or did you even love me?”

 

Key looked at her, disbelief was written all over his face. “How can you say that? Of course you’re important to me back then and I did love you. The problem with you is you didn’t even listen to my explanation. You just left and transfer schools without knowing the reason why I did that.”

 

Amber pointed at herself in outrage. “So you’re blaming me for what happen then? You could have find me but you didn’t.”

 

“That time I thought that if you didn’t even want to listen to me why would I bother finding you. All I ever wanted is you for to understand and listen to me.”

 

“Once again you just admitted that I’m not important so you wouldn’t bother. How can understand if you didn’t come to see me nor call me, you know what they called ‘effort’? You’ve lacked with that.”

 

“You’re asking me, how are you going to understand? If you could have stayed and listened to me then you’ll never have to leave. If you could just let me explain then you would know the reason why I lied. Do you really want to know now?” he said with intensity to emphasize what he wanted to say.

 

As of now I really feel what Key and Amber unnie is feeling. But as far I know, they’ve been eaten up by pride. They both have a point but the fact that they both close their ears and doors for each other is what gotten between of them.

 

This is actually an awkward situation since they’ve been arguing about their past in front of us. I feel like we’re really watching a movie right now.

 

Amber unnie looked back at him and nodded, she crossed her arms over her chest.

 

“Go on. Explain. But I won’t assure you that it will change anything.”

 

Key nodded and breathes deeply.

 

“Did you know what the date that day? The occasion that day?” he carefully asked her.

 

She tilts her head as if thinking then shakes her head after.

 

“No. What is the occasion?”

 

He sighed once again at unnie’s answer. “See, you’re the one who didn’t even remember the first time we were introduced by our parents when we’re only 5 years old. I didn’t even once forget that date because it is so important to me. It was the day that I found my best friend and the girl I love.”

 

She just looked at him with guilty eyes.

 

“That day, I told you I was sick because I am planning a surprise for you. I asked a friend to help me find a gift for you. That was the scene you saw that day. I run after you but you ignored me, I even waited outside your house but you didn’t even come down to see me. I give you three days to calm down but when I visit your house again your maid said you left to study in Seoul. Did you know what I felt that day?”

 

The rest of us exchanged glances and silently communicating in our eyes. We feel the pain that Key is feeling right now and the atmosphere just become gloomy as we have been enlighten to what really the reasons are.

 

Amber unnie shake her head, tears are now clouding up in her eyes, likewise with Key.

 

“I lost you. I feel that I’m not worth of you. I feel that you don’t need me anymore. I feel like I lost a part of me. You’re so important to me that it hurts to know that I’m the reason why we’re like this. With the pain, I tried to move on thinking that maybe if I let you go and let you do what you want, you’ll be happy and yeah so I never did followed you because of that and I never even thought that we’ll find each other again after 2 years.”

 

His tears flowed down his cheeks as he said that, Amber unnie did the unexpected as she rose up from her seat and hug him tight.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m at fault too. I’m so jealous that time and didn’t even think about the consequences of my action. I have lost my best friend. If I could I would like to return back the time.”

 

Key hugged her back and smiled. She then released him from the hug and he wiped her tears.

 

“Don’t cry. You know I’m happy that we got this chance to clear things up even though we got some audience in here.” He said as he looked at all of us.

 

We just give thumbs up to him and gestures for him to go on. The food finally arrived after years of waiting but its okay since we got a moment in here. Amber unnie went back to her sit as we all eat.

 

But I really feel that they’re meeting isn’t finished and I just silently prayed that they’ll be finally got to be friends again. After eating, we decided to go home. Since Lay, Minho and Kris bring their cars, they’ll be driving as home.

 

Lay offered to drive Amber, Luna, Vic unnie and Krystal since they’re on the same way while Minho will drive Key since they’re living in the same apartment. On the other hand, ma and Kris will be going together since as you all already know, I’m living in their house.

 

But before we can climb inside the designated cars, Key called Amber unnie.

 

“Amber, would you like to start a new? I mean as friends just like we used to.” He asked hopefully.

 

She smiled back at him and nods, she then extended her hands to him. “Of course I would love to. Okay then, hello I’m Amber Liu and its nice to meet you.”

 

He gladly took her hands. “I’m Kim Kibum, you can call me Key for short and it’s nice to meet you too. Let’s be friends.”

 

She then again nods at him, we all called for them, happy that finally they reconciled and willingly start a new

 

After that unforgettable scene we all say goodbye to each other before climbing up to the cars we’re going ride. Here I am in the passenger’s seat of Kris’ car, sitting awkwardly as he drove.

 

It just a 10 minute drive as we reached home and we’re I’m about to get out of the car when he hold my wrist, pulling me down again on the seat. He shifted his body so he’s looking at me.

 

“Ssul, you looked beautiful today.”

 

I blinked at him, trying to decipher his words.

 

“urm thank you?”

 

“But one thing is don’t let that Minho guy get close to you.” He said seriously.

 

“But why?” I asked, confused as to why he said that.

 

“Isn’t it obvious?” he raises his brows at me.

 

This guys is really weird at times, is he bipolar?

 

“Obvious what?” I pressed.

 

He groans and runs his fingers through his hair. He then gets out of the car and I followed him, wanted to know what he would have to say.

 

“What is it? Tell me.” I demanded, I didn’t even care that I’m still avoiding him.

 

He turned around to face me and shouted: “I AM JEALOUS OKAY.”

 

I stopped dead in my tracks and looked at him, mouth hanging open.

 

“Happy now Choi Sulli?” he asked and when he didn’t get an answer, he just stomped his way to the front door and get inside the house.

 

I was left dumbfounded still standing outside the house.

 

“Are you just going to stand there forever?” someone asked. That voice. It’s Kai’s.

 

I turned to my left and saw Luhan gege and Kai knowingly grinning at me. Oh no, no way. I’m pretty sure they heard what Kris said.

 

“And princess, close your mouth. We don’t want you to get a fly inside it, wouldn’t we?” Luhan gege said as he walks to me, he puts his arms over my shoulder as he guided me inside the house.

 

I unconsciously followed, still shocked.

 

 

 

 
_____________________________________________________________
 
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
»  Hello I’m here once again to give you an update. This is probably the longest I’ve written so far. It is actually 10 pages in MS Word so I hope you’d like it. I’ll try to update again quickly, ara? So please don’t leave me. Continue to support me. Tell me what you think about this chapter, ara? Gomawo! Good Day !