Chapter 31

Will You Be Mine?
c  h  a  p  t  e  r    t h i r t y o n e
shattered 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTE: Sulli's replies and though in pink; Kris in blue; The other characters will be black

LUHAN's POV

 

When Kai called me about Ara, panic rushed over my body. I couldn’t help to be worried about Kris. I’ve seen how he acts after that incident and I don’t want to see it ever again. It pains all of us, not just me, Kai, Mom and Dad too.

 

We are close and happy but then it all changed when it happened. Kris who’s been the joker and sometimes the mood maker suddenly becomes the quiet and cold person. Before, he would tell us everything but now he keeps everything to himself.

 

I miss the old Kris, I miss my brother.

 

I run my finger through my hair, frustrated as I look over Kai and back to my wrist watch as we wait for Kris to arrive.

 

“Hyung, why do you think Ara’s back?” Kai asked me.

 

Shrugging, “I don’t really know and I’m worried…so damn worried about Kris.”

 

“I don’t want Kris hyung to go back on what he’s used to now that Ara’s back. I mean he’s opening to Sulli now, I can see that he’s smiling at least and that’s because of Sulli.”

 

I smile at him, I know about that. When he thinks that no one’s looking, he smiles as he watches Sulli. Sulli just made him smile and he’s doing it openly now.

 

“Me too Kai.. me too.” I nod as the main door open and Kris walks in.

 

 

SULLI's POV

 

It’s been 2 days since that Ara girl is back. I don’t have anything against her really but my heart isn’t stable right now. All I can think of Kris oppa getting back with her and that pains me a lot.

 

Walking like a zombie in the school corridors, I didn’t notice the wet floor in front of me that I almost slipped but fortunately someone caught me before I hit the ground. The person steadied me while I unconsciously bow gratefully.

 

“Thank you so much, if it weren’t or you---“ I babble when a pair of hands cups my face.

 

“Ssul are you alright? You’ve been spacing out.” Lay looked at me worriedly, still cupping my face.

 

I smiled at him and nod my head.

 

“I am totally fine, there’s just something that is bugging me. Thank you though.”

 

“You’re always welcome and it’s a good thing I pass by or else.” He said releasing my face and leaves a pat in my head.

 

“Yeah, you’re a knight in shining armor.” I chuckle and poke his cheeks playfully.

 

“I wish you would say I’m your prince charming instead.” He said smiling.

 

Not knowing what to say I averted my gaze and it falls to the person who’s bugging my thoughts.

 

‘What a perfect time for him to appear’ I silently murmur.

 

“What did you say?” Lay asked confusedly as he looks over to what I’m looking at.

 

“Ah nothing. Kris is coming.” I nod at Kris as Lay looks at him as well.

 

“Hey dude. How’s you?” Lay asked as soon as Kris stood beside him, giving him a pat on the back.

 

“I’m fine. Why do you ask?”

 

“You know everyone in the school’s talking about the girl waiting for you in the gate last time. I know Ara’s back.” Lay said meaningfully.

 

“Let’s not talk about that right now.” Kris said while eyeing me.

 

I know he doesn’t want to talk about that while I’m in there, maybe he wants to lessen my pain or not. Of course, Lay knew about his past, they’re friends even before I knew them.

 

“Uhm I probably should go now. I need to do something before the bell rings.” I said bowing at them.

 

Lies. I don’t have anything to do but I can’t really stand in there anymore. I want to escape, my body shifted ready to walk off when Kris’ hands stop me from doing so.

 

“Wait, I want to tell you something first.”

 

“Can it wait until the end of the class?”

 

“No.”

 

I sighed and nods.

 

“What is it?”

 

He look over my head past to Lay, “Lay can you go to the classroom first? We need to talk about something.”

 

Lay look at me but he hesitantly walks off towards the classroom. Kris suddenly grabs my hands and walks off to one of the empty classroom, dragging me with him.

 

“So, what are you going to tell me?” I asked after a few minutes of silence.

 

“Wait for me after the class. I’m going to show you something.” He said looking down at me.

 

“Can’t you show that to me now? Why later?”

 

 A feeling of giddiness overwhelm me even if it’s not necessary, just thinking that he’s going to show me something makes me happy. I don’t even know why, maybe I’m just weird that even though I’m hurting a few minutes ago, here I am getting excited to what he’s up to.

 

He shook his head and taps my nose, “No. You’ll see later. Come on, let’s go to class now.”

 

He said before grabbing my hand and walking together to our classroom. A few whispers around us starting to bug me like ‘Are they dating?’, ‘I thought Kris’ dating the girl waiting at the entrance the other day?’, I could clearly hear them and they’re not being discreet about it.

 

Sensing that I did hear it, Kris looks down at me and whispers. “Don’t mind them. Ignore.”

 

I nod even if still worries the hell out of me.

 

 

*****

 

The bell rings indicating that the classes are done for the day. Being too excited to what Kris’ going to show me, I hurriedly went out of the classroom and didn’t bother say goodbye to my friends. Knowing that he’ll be looking for me mostly at the parking lot, I sat on one of the plant boxes and wait for him.

 

10 minutes…

 

15 minutes…

 

30 minutes…

 

The students are starting to decrease and the school grounds looks deserted right now but Kris is nowhere to be found. I craned my neck to look if his car or motorbike is in there but none. Slowly, my hearts starting to feel heavy but instead I still wait and wait.

 

1 hour…

 

2 hours…

 

The sun already set and it was almost dark when I feel my eyes water.

 

He’s not here. Did he just give me false hope? Did he or did I just thought he feels something for me too but all along I’m the only one who feels this way.

 

One-sided love. Yes, love.  I fell in love with him but it seems he wouldn’t return it.

 

Tears fall from eyes little by little until I can’t stop it anymore. It rolls down my cheeks uncontrollably; good thing is there’s no one around. They already went home.

 

I sat there and cried my hearts out. No one will be able to her me anyway or so I thought. Looking down as I stare at my hands clutching my skirts not until someone kneel down in front of me and cups my face.

 

I thought it will be him; I can forgive him if he comes here even though he’s 2 hours late but it’s not him.

 

It is Lay.

 

He looks at me softly, he’s eyes looks worried and concern as his thumb wipes the tears just below my eyes. Why couldn’t I just fall in love with this man? Why?

 

Before I could think of I throw myself at him and wrap my arms around his neck and hug him with all my might. All I need for now is a comforting hug and I know he’ll give it to me. He rubs my back soothingly as I cried onto his shoulders. He didn’t even ask me why but we stood there as I cried and cried until there are no tears left.

 

I’m so sure my eyes are already red and puffy when I stop crying. He guided me to sit on the hood of his car and hands me his handkerchief. A small smile plastered across his face as he pats my head.

 

“Come with me, I’ll show you a nice place and I’ll buy you ice cream.”

 

I smile at that, Lay really knows how to comfort me. He’s effort is just so nice that I couldn’t say no to him. I nod and gets in his car as he starts to drive off.

 

And then we arrived at the kiddie playground not that far from our school. He forcefully makes me sit on the swing as he pushes it for me.

 

“Yah! Be careful or I’ll fall on my .” I said, laughing.

 

“What if I don’t and push you harder?” he grins at me playfully.

 

“That’s unfair, come on let’s compete who’ll reach the highest.” I grin back at him.

 

“Are you challenging me Jin?”

 

“Jin? Are you calling me Jin?”

 

“Uh huh, that wil be my new nickname for you. They all call you Ssul so I’ll call you Jin.” He nods as he sat on the swing beside mine.

 

“That’s cute, I mean the nickname. It is unique. Are you accepting my challenge then?” I asked as I eyed him.

 

“Of course, but what will I get if I win?” he raises his brow as he gets ready.

 

“Hm, anything you want I guess but if I win you’ll buy me a tub of ice cream.”

 

“Anything I want? Sure.” He said before walking backwards and releases his feet from the ground with me following suit.

 

Laughter echoes on the playground as the passersby eyed us as if we gone insane, two teens playing like kids. The pain I’ve been feeling earlier was forgotten for a while.

 

“I win!” Lay exclaimed as he look at me with a big grin on his face.

 

“Tch. Alright, what do you want to get?” I scoff.

 

He rubs his chin as if he’s thinking, “I’ll save it for future purposes though. I can’t hink of any right now but because I promised you earlier, I’d still buy you ice cream. Come on.” He said before walking to me and holding my hands.

 

“Really? You’ll still buy it for me?” I grinned at him and he just nods and ruffles my hair.

 

Then we walked to the nearby ice cream parlor and order. He handed me my ever so favorite cookies n’ cream flavored ice cream as we both walked out of the parlor. my ice cream, my gaze stop by the car who’s parked just a few feet away from where we standing.

 

My body stiffens when I recognized the person inside the car, Kris. He’s not alone; he’s with the girl I saw on the entrance before. The girl called Ara.

 

They we’re talking and I want to move but I can’t move my feet. It suddenly felt numb and all I can think of is the pain. My eyes widen when the Ara girl leans in to kiss him.

 

A tear escape from my eyes as I felt a hand holds my head and Lay’s puts himself in front of me, blocking my view of Kris and Ara. I know he saw it too.  A good thing is our ice cream was on cup not on a cone.

 

I don’t know what happen but I find myself on Lay’s car eating my ice cream as the tears flows out nonstop. All I can hear is my own sobbing while Lay sat there with me.

 

“I’m so sorry, Lay ah~”

 

He smiles at me as he took the empty cup out of my hands and throws it aside. He pulls my arms and hugs me once again, the thing I need.

 

“Shh. I’m glad I’m here with you so I could comfort you. My shoulders are always free and my ears are ready to listen anytime. Don’t be embarrassed about crying, it is normal. Let it all out.”

 

“There’s no tears anymore. Thank you Lay for being here with me. Your hug comforts me just like the first time.” I lean back to smile at him and he wipes my tears with his fingers.

 

“Come on let’s get you home. You need to rest, tomorrow is another day. You’ve got to be strong.” He said.

 

I nod and release him from the hug and drove off silently to my house. I was about to get off his car when he his hand stop my arm and pulls me back, he grabs my head and places a kiss on my forehead.

 

“Forget what you saw and dream sweetly. Think of good things, if you need me, just call me.”

 

 I was taken aback from his action but I only nodded before getting off the car and enter the house.

 

 

 
_____________________________________________________________
 
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

»  See what I did there? Luhan’s POV! HEHE. Hope you enjoy. Comments are always appreciated, so don’t forget. I love you all. I actually drafted this month ago but didn’t have the inspiration to finish and don’t know why. I think I got block because of school stuffs. Sorry my lovelies. I’ll give you Lay and Kris’ POV next chap.