Chapter 17

Will You Be Mine?
c  h  a  p  t  e  r    s e v e n t e e n
curiousity kills the cat [2] 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTE: Sulli's replies and though in pink; Kris in blue; The other characters will be black

SULLI's POV

 

I silently cried to release what I felt at this moment. I think everything wouldn’t be the same after this night. Burying my face on my knees, I started to rethink what I feel for Kris.

 

“I will never like her, she’s not my type”

 

It still rings in my head that he will never like me. Maybe this is the time to give up. This is been a long night, and it’s suppose to be went well but it turns out that it’s not my day at all.

 

 

LAY's POV

 

Sulli, the girl with beautiful eyes, smiles that lights the room and the girl I found myself mesmerize to.

 

Ever since I first saw her at back of school, when she caught us beating someone, I’ve find her pretty and every day I find myself staring at her in the distance.

 

I even help Kris hyung watch over her since the time someone tried to get her with a bet; it is suspicious though because for what I heard he’s been rude to her ever since she transferred here and its one month ago.

 

 I huff a frustrated sigh, this is not what I wanted to feel. I’m starting to like her or should I say I already like her.

 

Imagine my shock when Suho hyung found her on Kris’s kitchen just a few hours ago. I don’t know what to say so I remained silent, contemplating the situation.

 

Well, Kris hyung explained about her staying here, her mom left her here to stay to take care some business. Her mom is hyung’s moms’ best friend so it is given that she will stay here. That explains why she’s here, but I saw from the way hyung looked at her. There is something I can’t pinpoint yet.

 

I notice that hyung has been looking at her once in a while. I’ve been drifting to my own thoughts when Sulli looked at me.

 

 “Uhm you’re Lay, am I right?”

 

I nodded. “Well, can we call you Ssul like your friends? Sulli is a bit too long to pronounce.”

 

“Sure” she said, smiling at me. That smile that can melt someone’s heart and includes mine.

 

*****

 

Sulli have leave the room about an hour ago and we decided to drink a few cans of beer. We don’t care even if its school night, well that’s what bad are for.

 

We’ve been playing XBOXX when Suho hyung opens the topic about her once again. My ears perked up hearing Sulli’s name so I put down the controller and make myself comfortable in the couch facing the living room’s door.

 

“Why didn’t you told us about Sulli living here?” he asked Kris hyung.

 

“Well, I know you’ll react like this. See? You’re making a big deal out of it.” He answered, rolling his eyes.

 

“Who wouldn’t?” Chanyeol butts in.

 

“You always save her secretly, and you haven’t told us the reason why?” he continued.

 

“She’s living here that’s why, I need to look out for her and she’s a girl.” he answered uninterestedly.

 

“If that so, why don’t you let her see that. That you’re looking out for her?” I curiously asked.

 

“You even scare her many times and you always so rude to her.” Baek intelligently analyzes.

 

Suho rose his brows, “Well, do you like her perhaps?”

 

A long silence, all of us stared at him, waiting for his answer. He kept his mouth shut for a moment.

 

“No way. I don’t like her she’s just another girl that caught my attention” he said after a few minutes.

 

“Are you sure about that hyung?” Xiumin hyung asked him this time.

 

“I will never like her, she’s not my type” he said defensively.

 

My eyebrows instantly perk up. ‘Am I hearing right? Did he just say the he doesn’t like Ssul? How come? She’s very pretty, brainy and sweet as I observe.’

 

A shadow behind the door caught my attention. I sneakily lower my gaze under the door; I can see a shadow behind it. Someone is in there. Who could possibly be in there?

 

My question was answered when the shadow shift its place, the light coming from the living room illuminates the side of that person’s face.

 

It’s Sulli.

 

******

 

I keenly observe Sulli’s frame outside the door for a moment, and after a few seconds she was gone.

 

‘Did she hear us? Did she hear Kris hyung?’

 

“Ah, I’m sleepy. Let’s go sleep now bro.” Chanyeol whined.

 

“Yeah. We still have school tomorrow.” Suho hyung agreed.

 

“Okay, go upstairs now, in my room. Just sleep in the comforter, it’s under my bed. I’ll just clean this up.” Kris hyung said.

 

We all stood up and proceed to the room, hyung enter after 10 minutes.

 

They instantly fall asleep when they hit the comforter, Kris hyung lie down as well. I can’t sleep, my mind is flying through a certain person. This is so frustrating.

 

I get up and went down the hallway through the kitchen. I need some water or coffee.

 

“Where is she? Is she sleeping already? Ahhhh! Why I am thinking about her?” I mumble silently while making my coffee.

 

I sat at the island counter as I sip at my coffee. A sound caught my hearing. ‘WTH! Is there a ghost in this house? I’m sure I’m the only one who’s awake now.’

 

I decided to shrug it off. I’m a man, I shouldn’t be scared. A sobbing sound came up. Seriously? Is someone messing up with me?

 

I get down the island counter and follow the sound. I slowly open the backdoor at the kitchen, stepping out the freezing midnight air, I instantly hug myself. The sobbing sound continues and it leads me to the pool.

 

It’s her.

 

She’s crying. What happen?

 

I walked to her, she haven’t felt my presence yet so I decided to just sat down at the edge of the pool next to hers. She snapped her head towards me, shocked.

 

“What are you doing here?” she asked, quickly wiping the tears from her cheeks.

 

I shrugged. “I can’t sleep.”

 

“Oh, is that so? I need to go now.” She said, and about to stand up.

 

I grabbed her arm before she can actually left.

 

“I just stay here. I will keep my mouth shut I promise.”

 

She looked at me for a moment and sighed. She stayed with me. I smiled at this.

 

Silence took over us but she finally breaks it.

 

“Do you like someone Lay?” she asked me.

 

I stared at her side profile. She’s really pretty.

 

“Of course.” I simply answered her.

 

“That’s good.”

 

“What do you mean?” I asked, totally confuse.

 

“You said you like someone, and you’re lucky coz she probably like you back.”

 

“Yes, but it doesn’t mean that she likes me back.”

 

“But you’re good looking, who wouldn’t want a guy like you?” she asked, tilting her head; making her cute in my eyes.

 

I laughed. “Well, if you say that but I haven’t told her I like her though.”

 

My tongue is itching to tell her that she’s the one I like.

 

“Why?” she asked me.

 

“Because I’m not brave enough to tell her that I like her.”

 

forms an “O”. I laughed at her cute reaction.

 

“Ssul, I know you heard what we’re talking about.” I told her.

 

She instantly felt uncomfortable when I brought that topic again.

 

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

 

“I understand but if you a shoulder or an ears. I will lend you mine” I smiled at her, trying to ease the tension again.

 

She smiled back, the precious smile she possesses.

 

“I am hurt, yes. I don’t know what to feel anymore. Yes, I heard you guys talking and I also heard what Kris said about me. It hurts coz I like him but yeah maybe I’m just too pathetic to think that probably he likes me back.”

 

Tears flow her cheeks. I scoot closer to her, grabbing her head I put it on my shoulders.

 

“You can cry in my shoulder, let it all out.”

 

She nodded, while crying. He patiently waits for her to calm down. When she did, he wipes her tears with her thumb.

 

“Thank you Lay” she smiled at him, streak of tears is still on her face but still she’s very pretty.

 

“Shhh, it’s okay. Beside, we’re friends, right?”

 

She nodded again and rest her head on my shoulders once again. I felt her breathing getting steady.

 

Looking at her face, I realized she fell asleep. I smiled down at her.

 

“You know Ssul, you’re the one I like” confessing to her while she’s asleep.

 

I lift her up, trying not to wake her up. It’s very cold outside; I need to take her to her room.

 

Unknown to them, someone is watching them.

 

 Walking inside the house, he climbs upstairs just to be cornered by their subject earlier.

 

Kris.

 

 

 
_____________________________________________________________
 
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
»   Hi guys! I’m here again. So here’s a new update for you, hope you like it.

I personally like Lay here, who else like him? Weet Weet!

Stay tuned. Please vote and comment :)