Chapter 32

Will You Be Mine?
c  h  a  p  t  e  r    t h i r t y t w o
their side 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTE: Sulli's replies and though in pink; Kris in blue; The other characters will be black
 

LAY's POV

 

It was already past 6 o’clock when we finished our practice for the recent competition. Well yeah, I’m a member of the soccer team so I need to stay a few more hours than the other students just to practice. I was about to walk to my car when I spot a familiar figure sitting on one of the plant boxes on the corner of the parking lot. It was already dark so I can’t really see what’s that person doing, she’s obviously a girl. Her hair is long, wait it’s Sulli.

 

A smile instantly crept onto my face as I walk to her but the smile soon replaced by a frown when I hear her soft sobbing. For that I know she’s crying. Before I can think of something, I found myself crouching in front of her and reach out to gently cup her face. Her eyes were red and puffy that gave her in that she’s been crying for so long now.

 

My thumb trails the tears that fell down from her eyes and I was taken aback when she throw herself at me. I sighed inaudibly and wrap my arms around her sobbing figure, rubbing her back in the process. I don’t know for how long she’s been in my arms crying her hearts out but one thing I know, I want to comfort her let alone protect from anything that makes her cry.

 

I couldn’t help myself but to think if whether she’s crying again because of Kris, well I don’t know. If that’s so, I won’t hold back anymore. If he does hurt her again, I won’t think twice but to make a move.

 

But for now all I want to do is to stop her from crying. An idea popped in my head.

 

“Come with me, I’ll show you a nice place and I’ll buy you ice cream.”

 

With that, I brought her to the playground nearby. Before I buy her the ice cream, I forcefully make her sit on one of the swings and push her.  We played a few minutes and I’m glad that she’s laughing right now forgetting the pain for while.

 

I realized… as long she’s fine, I’m fine.

 

But the happiness was gone in a blink of an eye when I felt her stiffen, her gaze was fixed in front so I trace where she’s looking at. I can’t believe I’m seeing Kris hyung with Ara. As soon as I look for Sulli reaction, my heart clenched when I saw a tear drop from her eyes again as her eyes widen.

 

Looking back at Kris hyung, he and Ara were kissing. So that is it. My fist balled as I moved in front of her and blocked her view of them.

 

My eyes water as I watch Sulli eating her ice cream inside my car as she sob. If I could take the pain away I would.

 

“I’m sorry Lay ah~” she mumbles but enough for me to hear.

 

I pull her to my arms and engulf her in a tight hug as I whisper comforting words but in the back of my mind all I want to say is, ‘I will be here until you see me, until I’m the only one you can see. That’s my wish that I want you to grant.”

 

But I know all I can do is to be here for her and not ask for anything. I knew for a fact that not all of my wishes can be granted. Just like what I realized earlier, as long as she’s fine and happy… I’m fine and happy as well. Her happiness is what matters to me the most.

 

I would protect her even if it means I need to fight against Kris hyung. I won’t let him hurt her again.

 

 

KRIS’ POV

 

She’s back. Ara’s back, the girl who betrayed me 2 years ago came back. But after we talked I realized she’s no longer in my heart. The pain of losing her before and her betrayal doesn’t matter to me anymore.  There’s no love left for her in my heart, nothing more.

 

All I can see her now is old acquaintance who came back from a long hiatus; I can’t even see her as a friend. Yes, I can forgive her but can no longer trust her.

 

I can still remember the conversation between me and my brothers the other day.

 

“Kris. Tell me, what did you feel when you saw Ara earlier?” Luhan hyung asked me.

 

The three of us we’re sitting on our living room. They purposely wait for me and I know they have a lot of questions that I need to answer and make clear.

 

I sighed and clasp both of my hands as I looked directly at him.

 

“I felt the anger again after long years and I didn’t even want to talk to her but she insisted. I know I sound bitter and all but I give her a chance to explain.”

 

He nods at me to continue.

 

“Yes, I felt betrayed by her before. You two know how much I love her. Hell I’ve been miserable when I learned that she used me and you’re there too witnessed what I’ve become after that but all for once I want to forget the anger and everything that links me to her and our past.”

 

I looked at Kai and back at Luhan hyung. After 2 years, I once again open myself open to my own brothers and I know they’re the person who would support and understand me the most.

 

“She asked me to forgive her and I want to give it to her.” I nod.

 

Luhan hyung smiles at me.

 

“I’m glad that you want to do that. It is time to forgive and forget and start a new life. It is better to live without regrets and do your best to stand up once again.”

 

“I can forgive her and forget what she did but I can’t let her get into my heart again.” I nodded firmly.

 

Kai furrowed his brow, “What do you mean hyung?”

 

“She told me that she still loves me and she wants me back.”

 

Luhan hyung’s eyes widen as he stare at me.

 

Just before he can comment about it, “I won’t let her because someone already owns my heart.”

 

My two brothers blinked before broking in a wide grin.

 

“I think I know who’s the one who finally able to come in your heart.” Kai teasingly nudge my shoulder.

 

“Who?”

 

“Who else? Of course it will be our princess, Sulli.” Luhan hyung answers for him.

 

Well my brothers really know me well after all those years. I couldn’t still keep a secret to them.

 

“We hit it, right hyung?” Kai smirks at me and I want to erase that from his face.

 

“Yeah, alright. It is Sulli all along since the first time we met. She already captures my eyes. I act cold to her so she won’t get close to me but I failed, I failed to stop myself from getting close to her and always watch over her.” I finally admitted with a tint of red crept on my cheeks.

 

“Oh wow, Kris hyung is blushing. That’s the first and finally you admitted it. She’s been waiting for it all along.”

 

“I know.” I sighed as I remember the first time I felt jealous when Lay touched her, I went to her room and asked her to wait for me while she’s sleeping.

 

“But you should tell her what you feel already. You don’t know what will happen to the next few days, Sulli is one of a kind. Many boys would want her to be theirs so get your up and tell her quick or you’ll lose her. Just like now, Ara is on the way.”

 

So here I am now decided to finally tell Sulli what I feel. As soon as I arrived at school grounds, I look for her immediately and found her with Lay. They’re talking about something and she might sense that I’m watching them that she looked over to my direction.

 

Lay likes Sulli and I know that. He told me himself and he even warned me that if I hurt Sulli then he’ll make a move ad take her. But I won’t let that happen now, I’m going to finally confess my feelings.

 

I ask Lay to leave first and as soon as he left I dragged her to one of the classroom.

 

“So, what are you going to tell me?” She asked without calling me oppa.

 

I want her to call me oppa but that didn’t matter for now.

 

“Wait for me after the class. I’m going to show you something.” I said to her.

 

She agreed and we went back to our classroom but I didn’t fail to notice the whispers around when we walked by. I looked down at her and saw an expression close to worry on her face.

 

After what I’m going to tell her later, I’m sure she will never have a doubt on me like this. I want to see her smile like she used to, I don’t want to see her crying because of me again. I will make sure that I’m going to give her the assurance.

 

 

*****

 

30 minutes before the end of class I receive a text message from an unknown number.

 

[SMS unknown] Meet me later at the central park, please.

 

Curiosity gets the best out of me, a sudden thought that it might be from Ara came to my mind. The central park isn’t that far from the school and if I get to leave early then I’ll be able to come back on time to meet Sulli later.

 

Once and for all, I’m going to settle everything to Ara. This might be the best time to do it then I’m going to confess to Sulli after.

 

As the bell rang I immediately went out and took of riding my car, I drive off to the park in just 10 minutes; I just need to talk to her real quick then I’m going to be back at school. I didn’t bother to text Sulli that I’ll be late for about 15 minutes since my mind is starting to practice what I’m going to tell Ara.

 

Once I park, I already saw her sitting on one of the benches. Ara’s been waiting for me and I’m right, the text message was from her. Walking to her, she slowly looked up and broke into a smile when she notices me.

 

Going off to the point I asked, “Why did you want to meet me here?”

 

She stood up and holds my arms.

 

“I just want to see you and I want to spend some time with you.” She said as she smiles brightly at me.

 

“Well, I don’t want to spend some time to you.” I shrugged nonchalantly.

 

“Then why are you here? I thought you’re just going to ignore my text. It must be you still care for me.”

 

“Why would I care for the person who betrayed me?” I raised his brow at her, I didn’t fail to notice the flashed of hurt in across her face but I ignore it.

 

“Don’t say that, I know I still have at least a little spot in your heart.” She points at my chest close to my heart.

 

“Don’t dream on that. I have something to tell you that’s why I went here.” I remove her hands from my arms and walk towards my car before looking over my shoulder.

 

“Follow me in the car. Let’s talk there.”

 

As we both get inside the car, I heaved a deep breath before opening my mouth to talk just to be cut off.

 

“I know what you are going to tell me.” She looks at me and I just look back at her urging her to go on.

 

“You’re going to tell me that you want me to leave you alone. That it’s too late to take you back beca—“Her voice cracked and in instant I know she’s about to cry. “Because there’s someone else who holds your heart.”

 

She got it right. When she didn’t get any response from me; her sobs echoes inside the car.

 

“I actually hired an investigator to find out what new to your life. Just a few days before I came back, I already know that you might be in love with somebody else but still I pushed my luck and tried to get you back.” Her hands clutches the hem of her skirt as she cry.

 

I should have felt angry with that but I didn’t, all I feel for her is pity. I chose to remain silent since I know there’s still more she wants to say.

 

“Is she the girl who rides behind your motorbike that day when I came to see you?” She asked as she turned to me.

 

I nodded in response. Her lips quiver as she continue to cry, I let her which I didn’t notice the time.

 

“Did I really lose you to her?”

 

“Yes. Sulli opens my heart again which I enclose to others for 2 years. She managed to break though.” I smile as I remember how we first met at the corridors.

 

“Is she really that amazing that she manage to replace my place in your heart?”

 

“She doesn’t need to be compared to you. Sulli’s one of a kind and I love her. I really do.” I shouldn’t be opening this to Ara but I felt the urge to do so.

 

Her next move surprises me; she grabbed my head and crashed her lips to mine. My eyes widen in surprise but I didn’t push her since I want to prove my point. That she’s no longer in my heart and I can’t feel any spark with it.

 

After a few seconds, she’s the one who pulls away.

 

“Are you finished?” I asked her.

 

She looked at me incredulously, “Even if I did that, you still don’t feel anything?”

 

“Why would I? I told you I don’t love you anymore and that kiss is nothing to me.”

 

“You’re so cruel.” She mumbles.

 

“You don’t have the right to tell me that. You’ve been cruel as well. We’re truce.” My eyes caught the time in my car. 2 hours! It’s been two hours; we’re talking for about two hours.

 

I cursed mentally. Sulli she’s waiting for me. I looked at Ara impatiently.

 

“Is there anything that you still want to tell me, or did I make myself clear to you already?”

 

She just nods and opens the door of my car and get off then I sped away my car to the school.

 

But I didn’t see Sulli. She’s nowhere in the area, I didn’t need to realized that she went home after waiting for me for 2 hours. She must be angry at me now. I fished out my phone out of my pocket and call her number but it is out of coverage area.

 

It is already late and I think I need to give her time and just talk to her tomorrow to explain everything. Then, I went home with a heavy heart.

 

 

 

 
_____________________________________________________________
 
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
»  This is the side of Lay and Kris, so what do you think? Do you know now what Kris feels, is it clear now? Hehe. Thank you for the comments for the previous chapter and I really love it a lot. Don’t forget to comment, okay? XOXO. By the way, someone actually ask me to write a Sesul one shot and I think it’s a good idea, so if you want me to write a story then you can request, okay? Don’t be shy but I cannot promise that I’m going to post it that quick. It might take some time though but I’ll be surely doing it. So just give me a short plot and the pairing you want. You can private message or post in my wall so I can see it immediately. That’s all bye bye. Mwuah.