Chapter 16

Will You Be Mine?
c  h  a  p  t  e  r    s i x t e e n
curiousity kills the cat [1]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTE: Sulli's replies and though in pink; Kris in blue; The other characters will be black

KRIS's POV

 

Looking around my living room, my idiot friends silently watches me.

 

As soon as they learned that Sulli is living here, they literally drag me to tell them about the whole story. I don’t know if they’re real men, with this excitement I am seeing in them, they are worse than a girl, such gossipers.

 

I sighed, knowing that I can’t escape this. Turning my gaze to the girl who will be our topic this evening, she’s sitting uncomfortably beside me, not too close though.

 

I returned my gaze at my friends in front of me, eyeing me like a hawk.

 

“Don’t look at me like that” I said, a low growl escaping me.

 

Chanyeol smirked at me; there is something at his smile though.

 

“Dude, tell the story to us now, we’re itching to know the reason why Sulli is here”

 

“Tch, you’re starting to sound like a girl Yeol”

 

Chanyeol frowns, Suho and the others laugh, Lay is unusually quiet and I swear I hear a sound coming from Sulli, like she’s trying not to laugh.

 

Cute. Wait how many times did that word came from me because of her. Aish. This is not good.’

 

“Where do I start?” crossing my arms on my chest.

 

“From the start” Suho answered.

 

“Well, my mom and her mom turned out to be college best friends. They lost contact but they found each other recently, but her mom needs to go to Jeju to take care some business with her dad. My so ever kind mom offered that their daughter can stay with us until they get back.”

 

I turned my head to see what Sulli’s reaction will be. She’s looking at me, listening to what I said.

 

“Since when did you live here?” Suho asked her.

 

“Since the day I transferred schools” she answered.

 

“What? It’s about 1 month ago.” It’s Chanyeol.

 

“Yeah. I’ve been living here since then” she said.

 

“Why didn’t anyone in school knew about this?” Lay asked out of nowhere.

 

 

“I forbid her to tell anyone about it” I said.

 

“And why is that?” Chanyeol with his teasing voice again. I swear I will kill this punk.

 

“Because I want to. No further explanation.” I said, warning him with my eyes.

 

“So who do you ride with when going home?” Suho asked her again.

 

She looks at Suho, smiling a little.

 

“Aunt Boa gives me ride but when she’s busy it’s a rotation whether Luhan gege or Kai will take me home”

 

“How come we didn’t notice it?” Chanyeol asked her.

 

“I think we’re to engrossed with our own business to notice” Baekhyun answered him.

 

 

“So are we the first one to know about this? Xiumin asked, looking at me.

 

 

Still glaring at him, I said.

 

“Isn’t it obvious, you idiot”

 

He chuckles, like he’s not afraid on what will I do to him.

 

“How about your girl friends Sulli?” Lay asked this time.

 

She shakes her head.

 

“No, they didn’t know. I don’t have an idea if they suspect anything though”

 

“Wait, we’re been asking you questions but we haven’t introduce ourselves.” Suho said, being the well mannered guy again.

 

Ssul smiled at him.

 

“It’s okay; I know you already since you’re Krystal’s older brother”

 

Suho scratched his head, “Did she tell you anything about me? Is it good?”

 

“Oh don’t worry, she tells good things about you and congratulations.” She said, flashing her smile again.

 

“For what?” Suho asked, confuse.

 

“With your reconciliation with your sister.”

 

“Oh that, well, it’s long overdue but I guess we both need it.” He smiled back.

 

“How about me? Do you know me?” Chanyeol asked, trying to get her attention. I rolled my eyes with this. He’s an attention seeker at times.

 

She looked at him and smiled. “You’re Chanyeol right? The one who fought with Luna unnie at the mall.”

 

He frowns, remembering the scene at the mall but nodded.

 

“Yeah, that feisty friend of yours.”

 

She looked at Lay. “Uhm you’re Lay, am I right?”

 

Lay nodded. “Well, can we call you Ssul like your friends? Sulli is a bit too long to pronounce.”

 

“Sure” she said, smiling at him.

 

The rest also introduced themselves to her.

 

“So that means we’re your friends now?” Chanyeol asked her again. This punk won’t shut up, won’t he?

 

“Of course, if you want to”

 

“Great” Baek said, grinning.

 

She turned to me, smiling. We stared for a moment, I looked away first. ‘What is happening to me? It’s just a smile Kris

 

“If you don’t have any questions, let her sleep.” I said to my friends.

 

They all nodded at once.

 

“Go Ssul, you can sleep now.” Suho said to her.

 

“It’s nice to meet you guys and good night” she said before standing up and walking out of the living room.

 

“Night” they simultaneously said.

 

*****

 

 

As soon as sulli walked out of the living room, their heads all turned towards me.

 

“What?” I asked, annoyed.

 

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Suho asked me, his eyebrows rose.

 

“It slips in my mind” I replied, uninterested.

 

“Slips? What the hell dude? You’ve been watching over her at school and then we actually help you, and this just simple fact that she’s living with you, you kept it from us?” Chanyeol said, faking hurt.

 

“Stop that, you’re so overdramatic. You get it from watching too much drama”

 

He throw a pillow from the couch to me, I catches it before it hit my face.

 

I looked at Lay, he’s in deep thinking, he’s brow we’re even touching each other. He’s a bit strange today, he’s not like that before we arrive here, and he’s unusually quiet. I wonder why.

 
 
 
SULLI's POV

 

 

I’ve been staring at the ceiling for a while now. I can’t asleep, the fact that I’ve been busted and all the questions a while ago from Kris’s friends had been clouding my mind. I looked at the clock at my nightstand table.

 

“12:00 am. Ugh why can’t I sleep?” I sat up, frustrated.

 

‘Milk should do the trick, they’re probably left by now so I can come down to get a glass of milk’ she mumbles to herself.

 

I walks down the hall up to the stairs silently when I notice the there still a light coming from the living room.

 

I tiptoed up to the small opening of the door, peeking inside. Kris and his friends are still here, talking with some can of beers in front of them. Isn’t it school night? Why are they drinking?’

 

I was about to walked away from the door to get my milk when I heard my name being mention. I walked back at the door, drawing my ears near to it.

 

“Well, do you like Sulli perhaps?” its Suho’s voice, asking Kris.

 

A long silence, just their breathing and mine as well. I want to know too. He doesn’t tell me he like me specifically, last time I ask him in the beach he just said “maybe”.

 

“No way. I don’t like her she’s just another girl that caught my attention” he said after a few minutes.

 

“Are you sure about that hyung?” Chanyeol asked him this time.

 

“I will never like her, she’s not my type” he said defensively.

 

My heart dropped. Is he playing with my heart? Is he? Wait, why I am hurt? He didn’t give any clear answer at the beach though. I am the only one to blame for thinking that maybe he likes me back.

 

 I feel like crying, tears start to crowd my vision. I tear myself away from the door and walks towards the back door in the kitchen; walking out of the house to the garden. I sat on the pool’s edge, dipping my feet.

 

I allowed my tears to roll down my cheeks, knowing that I can’t hold it any longer.

 

“Am I wrong to like him? Do I need to stop? This is what I get for eavesdropping, it’s true that curiosity kills the cat” I mumble to myself as tears continuously to flow out of my eyes.

 
 
_____________________________________________________________
 
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
»   Oh hi guys, a new chapter for you.

 Teehee! Well, a twist in the story will be nice, right?

Sorry for the grammatical errors though, please tell me if you notice it.

See you all again on the next chapter; please don’t forget to vote and comment. I will appreciate it very much. Ciao!