Chapter 19

Will You Be Mine?
c  h  a  p  t  e  r    n i n e t e e n
new circle 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTE: Sulli's replies and though in pink; Kris in blue; The other characters will be black

SULLI's POV

 

Freaking school day; arriving at school too early and ending up doing nothing since the teacher is absent.

 

Just wow. My friends and I hang around at our usual place, talking about everything that comes of our mind since we’re bored.

 

Here I am, thinking how my day will get better when Lay sat beside me. I’m too stunned to react, as well my friends who just keep staring at them. Chanyeol put his arms on Luna unnie’s shoulders, but she slaps it away glaring at him.

 

We really didn’t notice they’re arrival. These guys must be a freaking ninjas. Suho sat down beside his sister; in return Krystal offered her lunch to him which he gladly took.

 

On the other side, Kris plopped himself and look at me; talking about awkward.

 

“Hey you! What are you doing here? This is our place.” Luna unnie pointed an accusing finger to Chanyeol.

 

He smirked and holds her hands, putting it down.

 

“Aww babe! We’re hurt. Can’t we hang around here as well?”

 

”Don’t babe me, you womanizer!” she retorted back, folding her arms.

 

“You two, shut it out.” Suho said, frustrated at the bickering.

 

“Actually, she’s right. Why are you here? Aren’t you supposed to be at the far end of the school?” Vic unnie asked, eyeing them curiously.

 

“Well, we decided to hang out with you guys from now on, since Suho and Krystal are okay now.” Lay answered.

 

I looked at him, he smiled down at me. Well, remembering what happen last night. I mouthed a “thank you” at him; he just gives me okay sign.

 

“If that’s the case, did you ask for our permission first?” Luna unnie scoffed.

 

“Do we really need to? Can’t we just be friends and stop this nonsense fight. It is getting into my nerves.” Kris butts in.

 

“Uhm, guys let’s settle it down like a normal people.” Amber unnie said.

 

“Okay! Fine!” Luna unnie answered.

 

“Let’s start. Girls, can we hang around here from now on? I just want to make it up to my sister and this will be the start, if it’s okay to you?” Suho asked all of us politely.

 

“You know its okay. Right, girls?” I said.

 

“Well, if Suho asked so politely then it’s settled.” Luna unnie replied.

 

I smiled at her, knowing that Krys will be happy.

 

“Thank you!” Krys exclaimed.

 

We all smiled at her, and then I notice Kris staring at me. I just turned my head away, and looked at Lay instead.

 

“So Sulli, did you sleep well last night?” Chanyeol asked out of nowhere.

 

I don’t know what to say, the warning that Kris told me keeps ringing in my head. My friends still don’t know I’m staying with them. What to do?

 

“I suppose so”

 

“What does that mean?” he continues to ask and now my friend’s attention we’re solely focused to me.

 

“Uhm, well kinda just something bother me before I go to sleep but it’s all okay now” I said trying to have a straight face.

 

“Oh sorry Ssul, I think we’ve been very noisy last night that’s why you’re bothered.” Suho said.

 

“No, it’s not about you guys. Just not been myself last night.” I said, noticing the gazes at me.

 

“Just wait, what are you talking about? Are you with them Sulli?” Vic unnie asked confusion visible in her face.

 

Uh Oh! Crap! Please God help me. I close my eyes, praying that my spot open and eat me.

 

“Actually, she’s been living with my family” Kris said.

 

I opened my eyes, shocked; my friends faces mirrors mine. Why did he blurt it out?

 

A unison of “What?” came through after that.

 

My friends looked at me, sending me a message to explain everything.

 

I sighed, I know eventually they’ll know about this but I don’t know that it will be this early. Just thanks to that Chanyeol and he’s big mouth.

 

“Remember when I told you that I am staying at my mother’s bestfriend’s house?”

 

They all nodded at once. “Well, the bestfriend I’m talking about is Kris’s mom, Boa Wu”

 

Their eyes widen I surprise.

 

“Whoah, I can’t believe I didn’t see that coming.” Luna unnie breathed out.

 

Krystal, Vic and Amber unnie nodded.

 

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Krys asked, raising her brows.

 

“Yeah. I thought we’re you’re friends.” Amber unnie said, looking hurt.

 

“I didn’t mean to hide it from you guys but ~”

 

“But what?” Vic unnie asked again.

 

I looked at Kris, he’s looking straight back at me. ‘Should I tell them?’

 

I turned to look at my friends, with their hurt expression I don’t know what to do. I saw Kris sighed on my peripheral vision.

 

“I told her not to tell anyone that she’s living with us.” he supplied them the answer.

 

My head snapped at him. Did he just tell them that? Unbelievable.

 

My friends face frowned simultaneously.

 

“And why did you do that?” Kryst asked him.

 

“Because I said so.” He said shrugging.

 

“Seriously?” Amber unnie glared at him.

 

“Why do you want to know?” he asked uninterestedly.

 

“Just answer the damn question Kris.” Vic unnie said impatiently.

 

“Whoah whoah. Chill guys.” Suho stood up, trying to ease the tension.

 

“Tell that to your friend, he just have to answer the question and done.” Krystal said to her brother.

 

Suho stood beside Kris and whispers something to him.

 

He sighs.

 

“I just want to keep her away from harm.”

 

“What kind of harm?” Amber unnie asked.

 

I sensed that they’re keeping something from us with the way they exchanged looks.

 

“You don’t need to know about that, the less you know the better.” Lay said for the first time.

 

My friends looked confuse as well I am but we didn’t push through the topic. The bell rang, signaling that it’s our next class, we all separate ways to our classes.

 

Lay and Kris share the same class with me so we all walked our way in there.

 

Explain awkward when Lay sat beside me and Kris on the other side.

 

“I can sit here right, Sulli?” Lay asked me as the teacher comes.

 

“Oh yeah. Sure!” I said smiling at him.

 

The teacher cleared his throat to gain our attention and I instantly focus on his lecture.

 

All throughout, I tried my best to ignore Kris. It’s so good that Lay is here, so I can divert my attention.

 

A paper slide right in front me as the teacher turn his back on us, as we work on his exercises.

 

The notes say: What’s with you and Blade?

 

I looked at Kris, he’s the one who gave it. My brows furrowed. What is he talking about?

 

I ignore him once again, not wanting to talk to him. I turned my head to Lay to find him still working on the exercises. I looked at my paper and continue answering when after a few minutes; another note was slide through my desk.

 

It says: Are you ignoring me?

 

For the second time, I tried to ignore him. I was going to put the note in my pocket when a hand stops me. Looking at the owner of the hands, Kris hands holds my wrist. His brows were shot up as his eyes show’s bemused expression.

 

I glared at him, snatching my hand away. His shock expression crowded his face; I think he doesn’t expect me to glare at him. Well, I never did but this time is different. I’m sticking to my promise at myself that I will stay away and forget my feelings.

 

But as I glare at him, my knees gaze started to drop off when the bell rang. Whoah, that was close. I quickly avert my gaze away from him and start packing my things, getting ready to leave the room.

 

“Are you going home already Sulli?” Lay asked from beside, he just finished packing and is waiting for me.

 

“Yeah. I don’t have any assignments and the girls don’t have any plan for today so I’m stuck at home.” I replied.

 

“So you’re going to ride with Kai then?”

 

“That’s right. He’s my ride every day.”

 

“I’ll walk you on the parking lot.” He offered.

 

“Okay.” I said smiling at him.

 

He looks at Kris.

 

“Aren’t you going home yet?”

 

“I will. I’m riding with Kai as well, I didn’t bring my bike” he replied back, standing up.

 

My ears perked up, what did he just say? He’s riding with us. Oh no.

 

“Come on then, let’s all walked up to the parking.” Lay said, gesturing for me to lead the way.

 

I instantly walked pass him and reaches the door, them trailing behind me. But suddenly, Lay keeps up with my pace and walked beside me and Kris on my other side.

 

I sighed silently, so much for ignoring him.

 

Arriving in the parking lot, I immediately saw Kai’s car. He’s leaning on his hood while tapping on his phone. When he noticed our presence, he smiles and waits for us to reach him.

 

“Ready to go home bro and Ssul?” he asked, looking between Kris and me.

 

Kris just shrugged his shoulders as he opens the door on the passenger’s seat.

 

I turned to look at Lay, he’s smiling down at me. Can’t help but to smiles back to him. He’s been a good friend to me last night up until today.

 

“Thank you again Blade and see you tomorrow.”

 

He nods; “Bye Sulli. See you.”

 

He then walks off, walking to his car.

 

Kai nudged my side, wiggling his brows. “What’s with you and Lay?”

 

“Nothing.” I then slipped myself on the backseat of his car, and he walks off to the driver’s seat.

 

As he buckled his seatbelt, I turn to find Kris looking at me at the driver’s mirror. Immediately, my face started to heat up and shrink myself into the seat as I turn my head off him, looking out the window.

 

‘Just ignore him Sulli. It’s your goal, right to move on from your feelings.’ She mentally notes herself.

 

 

 
_____________________________________________________________
 
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
»  I’m sorry for not updating in weeks. I’m just been busy with school stuff.

Please forgive me.

Here’s another chapter to make up on my absence. Hehe

Hope you like it; let me know what you think? Thank you OuO