past and future

My Namja Is A Kingka

School was chaotic. Timetables changed, extra classes infused. horror for every senior student as  their futures was on stake. Hanuel sat in the library her head full of charts, graphs, classification and what not to memorize. 

Her study table was full of notes and books. Focusing on a classification Hanuel memorise them repeating it again and again, scribbling on a white paper to make her remember more easily. 

Time passed by as Hanuel scan the book slowly, reading it topic by topic.  But her brain neurons weren't as amazing as she thought as slowly her concentration shifted away and thoughts of Danny appeared. 

It was truly a break up. nearly 3 months had past and Hanuel felt like she crawled every single day of her life, trying to stand up again. With the different time tables it was nearly impossible for them to meet in school as breaktime is also different. Except once when she had to walk to the toilet and bumped into him. Hanuel sighed. 

He no longer send her back home as he couldn't due to the new timetable but..they both know the real reason why. 

Joon and Junsu have been pestering them wanting to know what happen but Hanuel and Danny just gave a smile and an assurance that everything is alright. lies lies lies. Days were dull but each day was better than the other. With the exams coming up biology, chemistry and all those pain in the subject are filling up her mind. day by day it was less painful, less sad. 

But she couldn't fight the adrenaline rush everytime she waits for danny infront of her house for school. Yes he still sends her to school and as ashame as she feels, its the only thing that she could hold on to. The only thing that could connect her to him. Eventhought it was always silence between them, it was enough for Hanuel. More than enough. 

Her hand slowly reached up for an object that should be hanging on her neck but she only touched air and her fingers land on her bare collor bone. Danny's necklace is no longer there but its pressence is vivid in her mind.  

Hanuel blinked her eyes, trying to chase the thoughs away. They weren't even official. How follish of her to fall so hard and worst she used to despise him like crazy. She'll forget him one day. That was bound to happen. Yes it was bound to happen but for now it seems a tad to impossible. 

A group of people sitting at the corner of the library attracted her attention. Danny and his classmates. Hanuel stared at him as he lowered down his face scribbling something on a book infront of him explaining something. Hanuel silently observe how he frown, deeply thinking. His hair is now short like 3 months ago. Seems like he's liking the new style. 

Hanuel forced her eyes away from him and she lowered her face to look at her books. Starting all over again forgetting about the kingka infront of her that holds her battered little heart. Little that she knows danny slowly looked up and stared at her, longing filled his heart. 

=== 

The whole school was filled with screams of happiness coming out from students. Students ran around, hugging each other. It marks their last day of school and exams. 

Hanuel giggled with happiness as everyone were so filled with joy, jumping around. Talk about hormones Hanuel snickered. 

Hanuel waited for her dad infront of school but he was not there, could he be late? Hanuel slowly took out her phone. a message from appa

'Haneul, I'm sorry appa is caught up in a meeting, congrats for finishing your exams love, told danny that you'll be following him. be safe' 

Hanuel shook her head in horror. no, she's not going back with him. she had it, her heart had it.  She'll take bus. Rushing to the bus stop Hanuel started to think how to reach her place as she never actually used one. sigh. She stood infront of the bus stop turning to a board trying to search which bus to use. 

A honk was heard and Hanuel turn. Danny. He lowered down the window 'Hanuel, where are you going? come in!' he said, his voice a bit annoyed. 

'errrr. its ok, appa said I can take bus' everyone in the bustop watching them 

'come in Hanuel, If your appa knows...' 

Hanuel went into the car and closed the door. 

The scent of the car itself is familiar...wait...lavender? since when? 

Hanuel sat silently while Danny drove. She looked down, fighthing the urge to feast her eyes on her. She don't understand herself. Its like his pressence lifted up her spirit. made her happy. made her feel a little bit alive.

'congrats Hanuel, we finished school' 

Hanuel looked at the road. yes finished school and soon thousands of miles apart. she never really got over him,did she?

she grew up with him, played doctor nurse with him, bicker with him, watch him got bullied, what him became a kingka, with him, hold his hand, became his fake girlfriend, believed for a while they were real and now won't see him anymore.

'congrats too Danny' 

'when are you going to America?, I heard appa talking about it' Danny's voice controlled. 

'emm, next week, I got enrolled trough my pre-exam results, I heard you too?' 

'ehem, but you're going first' 

'ok' 

silence. How did they end up like this? Its like there's no hope left. 

=== 

Danny side glanced Hanuel as she just look at her fingers. He focused back at the road. a little of himself felt broken. The necklace is no longer there. 

Exams were now done and thank goodness it was an easy flow for him. With the late nights studying and grusome extra classes everything paid off. 

but now when its all over his attention flew back to this pretty girl beside him. She's going to leave soon. next week. 

He gulped dreading the moment. How many times did he had to fight the urge to come to her, shake her into senses or kiss her into senses and just tell her they could try long distance. That they could try and make it happen.

How many times did he lay on the bed exhausted with studies but still his mind could think of her again and again that it hurts.  

It gets easier day by day but he can't see the day where he'll forget her. 

This girl next to him. She imprinted herself without his permission and he;s helpless under her spell. 

He wants to tell her things but he can't do that because he doesn't want to hurt her in the end. 

Maybe truth is, this is the best for them.  

Maybe he needs to let her grow and let her grow. 

Maybe love is like that. Maybe if you are sincere enough you'll let her go and allow her to grow. Tying her down seems not an option. They are so young. 

His shoulder slumped a bit. Sweet moments flashed behind his eyes. 

 

 

:"( damn this is sad