Me Not!

Crazy Little Thoughts
The rooftop’s my sanctuary. I usually buy food from the cafeteria and bring it here. Yeah, I eat alone, not that I don’t have friends. I’m just avoiding Sandara Park. Gah! I swear, that girl got it so bad. Aside from that, this is the only quiet place in school. With this kind of environment, I can freely dream of Victoria, longing for the day that she’ll finally notice me. I think there’s just something wrong with her eyes. I mean, how could she not see what’s in front of her already? I mean, what more could she ask for? I’ve got everything already! I’ve got good looks (duh?! Isn’t it obvious?). I’m very sweet, caring, charming and cute. I’m patient and kind, too. Oh, I’m also INTELLIGENT. I’ve got all the qualities for a perfect boyfriend. But why can’t she see that? Ugh! Girls! They’re very hard to please and understand.
 
“So, what do you want to talk about?”
 
Eh? Who’s disturbing my peace? Aish! Can’t they see I’m here? Oh, stupid me! How could they see me when I’m hidden in a corner? But didn’t they even sense that the great Kwon Jiyong is HERE?! I mean, my presence is not just noticeable, it’s exemplary. I peeked around the corner I’m in and voila, my one great stalker is here! What is that Sandara Park up to now, eh? I think I should file for a restraining order against her. She’s really scaring the hell out of me! I mean, how in the world did she know I’m here?!
 
Oh, right! She’s my stalker. Of course she knows everything about me. How stupid of me to forget that detail (wait, did I just call myself stupid for the second time? Aish! I’m not stupid, okay?). I bet she knew I’m here and she just brought whoever that person is as an excuse to go here. Ha! I’m betting she’s trying not to make it too obvious (being my stalker, I mean). But she’s way too obvious already! Even the blind would see that!!!
 
“What about us?” my stalker asked.
 
“Dara, I think. . . I think we’re not going along well already” a male voice answered. Omo! What is this, eh? I leaned in closer and strained my ears.
 
“W-what do you mean?” she stammered.
 
“Let’s break up”
 
OHOHOHO! What conspiracy is this?!
 
“You don’t mean that. . . .”
 
“I’m sorry but. . . I like someone else now” the guy said. “You’re just too good to be true”
 
“What did I do wrong?”
 
“That’s exactly the problem” he answered. “You just do everything I say! You don’t have your own decisions”
 
I must say, they’re doing a pretty good job on this acting stint. Oh well, I might as well entertain myself with this.
 
“I can still change” my stalker cried. Oh dear, are those real tears in her eyes? Whoa! I’m amazed! She really is good! I didn’t know she can act this well. I didn’t even know she’s part of the drama club. I mean, why else would she be acting like this? I’m being stupid again. How would I know she’s part of the drama club? I’m not the stalker here, am I?
 
“I’m sorry, Dara but I don’t feel the same for you anymore”
 
“Nickhun, please don’t do this”
 
Nickhun? NICKHUN?! Why does that name sounded familiar? Hmm. . . where have I heard that name again? I tapped my chin thoughtfully. Oh, right! He’s that ugly frog-looking guy!
 
“I’m sorry. But it’s over” Nickhun said.
 
“Khunnie, please. . .”
 
I heard footsteps followed by the closing of the door. I stuck my head out from my hiding place and saw Sandara Park kneeling on the ground. She had her head bowed, making her hair fall over her face but I know she’s crying even if I can’t see her face. She was crying pretty loudly, you see. I got it all wrong. I really thought she’s my stalker. I thought they were just rehearsing for the drama club. I’m entitled to make mistakes once in a while, am I? But seeing Sandara Park crying right now made me realize what’s really going on here. Yes, I finally see the truth. I’ve been a bit slow a while ago (I’m not a slow person but there are times that my brain needs to rest).
 
Sandara Park isn’t my stalker. She just leveled up to being a SUPER STALKER of mine and she’s obviously head over heels in love with me. Yes, that’s right. There’s a big difference between a stalker and a super stalker. I bet she asked Nickhun to act like he’s breaking up with her here, on the rooftop knowing that I’ll be around, listening. She would then cry her heart out, acting all miserable so I’ll pity her. She must’ve known about my kindness. As the gentleman that I am, I can’t just let a girl cry alone. It’s duly right for someone like me to comfort a crying girl. See? She planned this all! And she planned it well.
 
The sound of her cry was really convincing, though. I heaved a big sigh and decided to have a serious talk with her. She has to put this stupidity of hers to an end. She needs to understand that I will NEVER feel the same way towards her. I already gave my heart to Victoria.
 
“Hey, what’s going on?” I asked. I don’t want to be accused of eavesdropping so I have to play innocent with this. Sandara Park looked up, making me take a step back. Whoa! Her tears are real, man! They’re REAL! I should give her a standing ovation or something but then again, I don’t want to let her know that I’m aware of what she’s ‘trying to do’. More than that, her face looked. . . it looked. . . . mmm, how should I say this? Some people say girls look ugly when they cry while others state the opposite. Let’s just say Sandara Park got the both looks of a crying girl – she looked beautiful and ugly.
 
Gah! I feel like puking! I just didn’t thought of her as. . . as beauti-! I can’t even repeat the word in my mind anymore. That word’s for Victoria only! Sandara Park’s acting ability’s really good! Imagine, she almost fooled me?! Gawd, this super stalker sure is lethally dangerous!
 
My eyes grew wide when she jumped to her feet and threw herself at me. Whoa! What is this? WHAT IS THIS?!? OMONAA!  Is she. . .?! Is she planning to . . . . R-R-R ME?!?
 
GAAAH! RUN! Run, Kwon Jiyong run! My mind screamed those words at me. But for some WEIRD, UNKNOWN and STUPID reason, I can’t seem to move my feet. Eh? Did she inject something in my legs without me noticing? Aish, this girl’s really going overboard! I have to put an end to this. Good thing I can still move my upper limbs. I grabbed her arms and pulled her away from me.
 
I was about to tell her off when she beat me to it. “I-I’m s-sorry for throwing m-myself like that at y-you” she sobbed. “I just need. . . it just hurt so much! I don’t know what I did wrong. . . I did everything he said, I tried m-my very best to be the perfect girlfriend f-for h-him. . . b-b-but h-he. . . he. . . he broke up with me!”
 
She’s really into this acting thing, huh? Okay, okay, she does look pitiful already. Now how am I going to tell her to stop her ‘act’ and her fantasies about me without being harsh or rude? Oh well, I just have to tell it to her straight.
 
“As much as I appreciate your efforts for-,”
 
“Can you accompany me somewhere?” she cut off.
 
Uh-oh. This doesn’t sound good. It doesn’t sound good at all. “I-I s-still h-have c-c-classes” I stuttered. Gah! Isn’t it obvious? I’m scared to death here! Where would she take me if ever I go with her? Gah! I should really run now.
 
“I know” she sniffed. “Sorry for disturbing you. I-I’ll j-just go by myself”
 
“Okay. I should go, too” I sighed in relief. Whew, that was close! Hey, I don’t really want to be rude or something but she’s just going way, way, way over the borderline of being my super stalker. I’ll just tell her to stop her fantasies next time. Wait, I take that back. I don’t want to talk to her again! I’ll just tell her NOW!
 
Eh? Where did she go? How come I didn’t notice she’s not in front of me anymore? Oh well, maybe because I simply don’t give a damn about her. Why did she suddenly disappear, though? Oh, I know! She must’ve felt depressed for not getting what she wanted. Ha! What did she think of me? A moronic fool?! She must’ve seen that I’m planning to tell her off that’s why she ran away. Tch, poor, desperate girl! I don’t really want to hurt her feelings in any way. I mean, I understand why she’s SOO into me but she has to know that there’s a borderline to that. With a shake of my head, I started heading towards the door but even before I could reach the door, my ears pricked at the sound of a stifled sob. I glanced sideways and saw Sandara Park’s back facing me. She was heading towards the – oh my gawd! She’s gonna jump off the roof! She’s gonna commit suicide!
 
Cold dread washed over me. As much as I wanted her to stop fantasizing about me, I’m not that evil to wish her dead. Jeez, my slight rejection a while ago must’ve hurt her so bad. Gawd, I didn’t know she’ll reach this far. She must be really desperate to think of taking her life away just because I don’t feel the same way to her. I mean, am I really that worth it? Well, the answer’s pretty obvious, isn’t it?
 
“Don’t!” I shouted, running towards her. Gawd! I can’t believe this is happening. Sandara Park suddenly stopped and faced me. The act was too abruptly done that I wasn’t able to break on my steps at once. I collided into her and we fell to the ground, with me on top of her. I heard her moaned in pain but I couldn’t care less. I quickly pushed myself up before she gets the wrong idea. She might interpret our positions to something else. “Listen” I started. “I know it’s hard to accept the truth but that’s just it, you have to accept that. . . that I. . . . that I, Kwon Jiyong don’t feel the same for you”
 
There, I finally said it. FINALLY!
 
At long last!
 
Ah, I feel like a thorn in my chest has been pulled out. I’m so proud of myself! I sighed in relief and was on the way to smile when I was stopped by the sound of Sandara Park’s laughter. I stared down at her as she rolled on the ground, laughing like there’s no tomorrow. I took a step back, my eyes growing wide from fear. She totally lost it! She’s out of her mind! SHE HAS GONE MAD!
 
I turned around to escape but even before I could take a step away from the crazy girl, a hand suddenly encircled around my ankle. Oh dear Lord! I don’t want to die yet! Why are you doing this to me? Gah! I could just feel how my blood dropped to my feet. I felt dizzy and cold.
 
“That was really funny coming from you!” she laughed. “Ahhh. Thanks a lot, I needed that”
 
EH?
 
What is this crazy girl talking about?
 
“I still need to drink this down, though” she went on. “I’ll treat you, come with me”
 
I closed my eyes and didn’t say anything. I already told her I don’t feel the same way for her but she still wants to go out with me? And she’ll even treat me! Girls don’t treat guys they like if they’re not that desperate. I know I should turn her offer down, I know I should say no but my natural kindness and concern for the welfare of others (even if she’s my super stalker) prevailed. Now that I know she’s capable of taking her life simply because I rejected her, scared me off. I can’t just let her go alone, can I? Much more turn her offer down. Very well, for now, I’ll accompany her. Yes, that’s right. I’ll just ACCOMPANY her. Nothing less, nothing more. But sooner or later, I really have to put an end to her madness. Her fantasy of us being together won’t happen. I’ll never let that happen. I’ll just have to think of another way to tell her. Being straightforward and honest obviously didn’t work.
 
- - -
 
I felt dizzy. Argh, just the smell of the alcohol makes me dizzy. I feel like I drank one bottle of alcohol in one go. I don’t drink. I don’t smoke, either. I’m a healthy person living a healthy life.
 
“Ya!” Sandara Park called. “Why aren’t yo. . .hic. . . drinking?”
 
“I don’t drink” I told her for the nth time. Ha! What did she think of me? A fool? I know this kind of stuff. I’ve seen this in movies a lot of times. The girl would get the guy drunk then she’ll bring him to her apartment and take advantage of him. Then, she’ll claim she’s pregnant. They guy would be then left with no choice but to marry the girl. Ha! I know that this is what Sandara Park had in her little Kwon-Jiyong-obsessed mind. But that won’t work with me.
 
As Sandara Park ranted about Nickhun (I must say, I’m pretty impressed with her consistency. I mean, aren’t drunk people supposed to talk about err, the truth? So why isn’t she ranting about me?), my mind traveled to the bed at home. Ah, how I long to be in my bed and have sweet dreams about me and Victoria. Just by the mere thought of her makes me giddy.
 
“Damn!” Sandara Park suddenly cursed, bringing me back to my senses. I grimaced. A girl who drinks alcohol is a big no-no for me. A girl who swears is a big turn off. Sandara Park just narrowed her chances to be with me. She’s my super stalker, for Pete’s sake! She should have known my likes and dislikes! But she’s obviously didn’t do her research assignment pretty well. I should teach her how to properly stalk someone. Tch, she obviously needs to learn a lot of things. Wait, that didn’t sound right! Ugh, the smell of the alcohol has totally befuddled my mind. I can’t possibly teach MY super stalker how to properly stalk ME, can I?
 
“It’s getting late” I said. “I think you should go home”
 
“I don’t want. . . .’ome” she whined.
 
I froze. Okay, Jiyong just calm down. “You have to. Your parents must be worried about you already”
 
“They. . . . they’ll kill me when hic. . . they shee I’m hic drunk”
 
“You can’t stay here ‘til morning, you know”
 
“I know” she nodded. “Can I hic shtay at yoh hic place?”
 
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Oh, how I desperately wanted to scream that word but my conscience got the best out of me. But. . . but. . . but. . . what if she’ll do something to me while I’m in tralalala land? Wah! I quickly covered my chest with my arms as a shudder shook my whole body. It’s possible! That event is so possible. What if. . . what if she’s not really drunk? What if she’s just acting so I’ll bring her home with me and let her sleep in my house? Then, when the world’s asleep, she’ll crawl to my bed?!?
 
My eyes grew wide in fear when Sandara Park stood up from her seat and swayed her way towards me. Before she could even reach me, I quickly jump off my chair. “Don’t go near me!” I half-shrieked, half-cried. But she just grinned at me and held her arms out. OH MY GGAAAAWWWDDD!!! She’s going to me in a public place! She-!
 
She tripped.
 
I don’t know what happened.
 
I don’t know how it happened.
 
My brain wired up that I didn’t process everything at first. One moment, she was in front of me and then, I just found myself lying flat on the floor with her on top of me. And not just that, her lips – oh my gawd!!!
 
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
OMONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
YUCK!!!
 
My innocence is gone! How could this be? My dignity, my purity –everything’s been stolen from me! My most treasured possession has been snatched by Sandara Park! How am I going to face the world now? How am I going to face Victoria now that my reputation’s been tarnished? HOW?!?
 
I want to die NOW. Someone please take my life! I can’t face tomorrow after this very tragic event. I can’t, I just can’t. I want to cry. I really want to cry now.
 
My most treasured first kiss is GONE!
 
IT’S GONE!!!
 
And then, I out.