Say Whuut?!

Crazy Little Thoughts

 

I think I’m beginning to understand what Sandara Park meant with distraction. The girls were exceptionally attentive to me and everytime I try to talk to Sandara, one or two of the girls would suddenly throw a topic at me to get my attention back to them. But the most distracting person was Vicky. She seemed to be not paying attention to her boyfriend, which is a good sign but of course, I don’t want her seeing hurt as well. I wonder what’s going on between her and the frog. I wanted to ask, of course. But since the other girls were with us, I refrained myself from doing so.
                                                            
When we were all complete and was about to take the service bus, I started looking for Sandara so that we could share a seat. But Krystal suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me with her. Since I’m naturally polite, I just chuckled and went with her. She made me sit beside her and I obliged. I mean, how am I going to turn down the celebrant’s request? The others then started climbing in, looking all excited. Then, the frog and Vicky came in as well. Vicky gave me probably the brightest smile I’ve ever seen in the whole world so I smiled back. Ah, my heart. . . . aigoo, I think my soul just left my body and went to heaven. But then, my moment was ruined when my eyes darted to Mikmun. Upon seeing me, a frown in his face formed. He then glanced back at the bus’ door. Curious, I followed his gaze and saw Sandara Park climbing in; just behind her was Lee Junho.
 
“Thanks,” she murmured to Junho as the guy assisted her with her things. She had a smile on her face, you know, her usual sun-like glowing smile. But when she looked up, it suddenly disappeared. Our eyes met for a few seconds before she looked away and glanced at Junho. “Mind sharing a seat with me?”
 
“Sure,” Junho responded. I opened my mouth to say something but no words or sound came out. What am I supposed to say, anyway? They then passed by us without any sound.
 
As the bus started moving, I can’t seem to shake the guilt I’m feeling. Krystal was talking nonstop and I nodded, smiled and laughed at the right parts. But then a while later, she grew weary and started to fall asleep. Her head was bumping here and there until it finally reached my shoulders. Taking the opportunity, I grabbed my phone from my pocket and started typing a message. I’ve never really used my phone for typing any message. My phone – it’s more of being a display. I rarely use it – just during phone calls with Uncle.
 
I was in the middle of typing a lengthy message when I decided to delete it and typed another one. But then, I decided to delete it again. What am I supposed to say? Ah, Kwon Jiyong, think! Tch, how come your supernatural brain is slow today?
 
In the end, I decided to type a simple, Hey.
 
I waited for her response but it never came so I let it go for a few minutes. But half an hour later, when there was still no response. I started typing another message. I’m annoyed, how can she ignore a message from someone like me?
 
YA! SANDARA PARK! HOW COME YOU’RE NOT RESPONDING? ARE YOU IGNORING ME? WHO ARE YOU TO IGNORE ME? I’M NOT A PERSON TO BE IGNORED! RESPOND!! NOW!!!
 
I gave it a few minutes again but when I received no response. She might be busy or something or she might be even asleep – I thought of that. But I wanted to make sure so I decided to check what she’s doing. Since Krystal’s head was resting on my shoulder, I carefully turned my head instead to check her out. It took me a while to see her since I’m quite restricted with my movements. I saw Sandara Park laughing with Lee Junho. I felt offended of course! How dare she ignore my messages for just someone like Lee Junho?! Huh! That girl. . . .! She didn’t have any taste! None at all! I felt so frustrated for some weird reasons that I stood up at once, not minding if I wake Krystal up or not. I heard gave a surprised squeak but I ignored it. “YA!” I called out. “SANDARA PARK!”
 
The whole bus went silent. The girl looked at me with raised brows.
 
“I HEARD YOUR PHONE BEEPED,” I said. “You’ve got a message.”
 
There was awkward silence. I could feel everyone’s eyes on me. Then, what I just did slowly dawned on me.
 
KYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
THAT’S EMBARRASSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Aigoo, ottokae? What did I do? What am I going to do now? Aigoo, aigoo, aigoo.
 
What would my Vicky think of me? HOWMHAYGAWD!!!
 
Think Jiyong, think!
 
I cleared my throat and chuckled awkwardly. “Err, well. . . Krystal was sleeping, so I thought it’d be great if all phones have been turned off or placed in silent mode so. . . .”
 
“Aww, that’s so sweet of you!” Krystal gushes. She suddenly pulled my arm and made me sit beside her again. “You’re so sweet!” she said and encircled her arms on my arm and rested her head on my shoulder.
 
Ugh! What did I just say? I’m supposed to act as if I’m head over heels with Sandara Park. I should have told her that I sent her a message and should have asked why she’s not responding. That would have been better  - that would have made the frog or Vicky jealous!
 
Ah, stupid Jiyong!
 
The sound of my phone beeping suddenly pulled me back to my reverie. I glanced down at Krystal and when I saw that she had her eyes closed, I pulled out my phone and opened the message. It was from Sandara Park and it said, What do you want?
 
I was slightly offended with the way she responded. What were you doing? Why didn’t you respond to my message?
 
I was talking with Lee Junho.
 
What did you talk about?
 
Why would you want to know?
 
I sighed. Ah, what’s her problem? Why is she being like this? With another sigh, I typed in, Did I do something wrong? You sound a bit annoyed with me.
 
Sorry.
 
I frowned at her response. What did that mean? Girls, why are they so hard to understand? Aish! Eventhough I’m a genius, that doesn’t mean I know how a girl’s mind works all the time as well. Ah, this girl. . . seriously. She’ll be the death of my brain cells. With a sigh, I typed in another message. You haven’t answered my question.
 
Let’s just discuss this later, I want to take a nap.
 
My eyes widened and I felt like my nostrils flared. Why . . . ! How dare. . . did she just dismiss my attempt to talk to her? I closed my eyes and chanted a calming mantra in my head. Keep calm, Kwon Jiyong.
 
But fine, I’ll give her a few minutes to take a nap and think of a pretty good reason as to why she’s being cranky with me and why she’s ignoring me. We’re supposed to be in this together, I mean, we already agreed to. . . . my train of thoughts then stopped as the word together buried into my head. Guilt suddenly washed over me. Maybe she actually felt like I’ve abandoned her that’s why. . . aish! Then she should have just told me, right? She didn’t have to be cranky and all.
 
I sighed and closed my eyes. I’ll let her take a nap first. I’m aware of how tired she was for preparing our camping things. Well, I don’t really do camping that much so she said to leave the things to her and she’ll see to it.
 
Aish! I feel guilty! Huhuhuhu!
 
About quarter of an hour had passed when Krystal’s head swayed to the other side. I took that as a chance to get to Sandara Park so I slowly stood up from my position and looked to where the girl was located. What I saw made my nostrils flared and my ears produce steam. Sandara Park was half asleep and her head was resting on the window of the bus while Lee Junho, the person sitting beside her was also sleeping – with his head on Sandara Park’s shoulder! Why, the nerve of that guy! And he had his mouth open! How disgusting. Tch, I think I’m the only gentleman left in this world. Why, it should be Sandara Park leaning on him, not the other way around!
 
As I was walking through the aisle, I saw Vicky leaning her head on the frog’s shoulder with her eyes closed. I feel like my heart constricted at the scene. As much as I want to take Mikmun’s place at the moment, I know I can’t yet. I have to be patient. Time would come for me and Sandara Park to be with who we really like.
 
 
Huhuhuhu, but I really want to be with my Vicky right now.
 
Aish, focus Kwon Jiyong!
 
With a deep breath, I focused my attention to Lee Junho and Sandara Park. I cleared my throat loudly but the guy just went on sleeping. The nerve! How come he’s not aware of my presence, of Kwon Jiyong’s presence?!? Aish! But of course, I didn’t want to create another scene so I tapped his shoulder lightly (well, it is light) several times. He jerked and then blinked his eyes in confusion. He looked at me with a frown. “Let’s change places,” I told him. He just blinked up at me, pouted, hugged Dara’s arm and went to close his eyes again. My eyes widened. Did he just ignore me? DID LEE JUNHO JUST IGNORE ME?
 
He did!
 
And how dare he hug Sandara Park’s arm like that? What does he take it for, his teddy bear? I looked around me just to be sure no one’s looking. Everyone seemed to be either taking their naps or too preoccupied talking to their seatmates. Without warning, I gave Lee Junho a gentle whack in the head. He jerked up again and this time, he actually stood up mechanically and blinked around him. since he’s already up, I pushed him out of the way and dropped myself beside Sandara Park. I gave him a sheepish grin although deep inside I wanted to laugh at him and say that he lost against me, hahahaha! Junho seemed not fully awake yet so I took advantage of it. “Let’s change places,” I said cheerfully. “You go sit with Krystal.”
 
“Oh okay,” he answered blankly and then turned away. I then reached for Sandara Park’s head and let it rest on my shoulder. I smiled. Now this is better.
 
Since I’m hypersensitive to my surroundings, I then realized that two pairs of eyes were on me. I looked for the source and saw Mikmun staring. I pursed my lips. Eh? What’s his problem now? But then, he looked away so I just shrugged it off. As I stared forward, I saw Junho almost halfway through the aisle. Then, he stopped. I suddenly had this feeling that he’s now fully awake. So I immediately closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep before he could even turn around.
 
 
 
 
 
A while later, I felt a gently tap on my cheek. “Hmm,” I murmured and refused to open my eyes. Can’t the person see I’m sleeping? Duh?!
 
“We’re here,” a familiar voice said.
 
Eh? And then, the familiarity of the voice then dawned on me. my eyes snapped open and I saw smirking Sandara Park with a very arrogant look in her face. I then realized that my head was actually in her shoulder and my arms were wrapped around her waist! Wait, what? Her waist?!?
 
She must’ve read what’s on my mind because she smiled at me mischievously. “Enjoying yourself too much, huh?”
 
I jerked away from her. “I. . . I definitely did not enjoy hugging you!”
 
“Really?” she asked, leaning her face closer to mine while still wearing that playful smirk on her face. “Why was your hug so tight, then?”
 
“I. . . I didn’t hug you!” I defended myself. “You must’ve wrapped my arms around your waist, that’s why!”
 
“You were even dreaming of me!”
 
“I did not!”
 
“You did!”
 
“YA!”
 
She just laughed out loud in response. Aish, seriously, what’s wrong with her?
 
“Let’s go, High and Mighty Jiyong.”
 
“I did not enjoy it,” I mumbled while I followed her with a pout.
 
I tried arguing with Sandara Park that I did not enjoy hugging her and that I certainly did not hug her willingly when our discussion got cut off by Lee Junho who offered to carry her handbag.
 
Wait! Before you get the wrong idea that I’m not being a gentleman, think again. I, actually am, carrying all of her other things. Yes, all of the other things she brought for this camping trip. Now, she only had to carry her handbag which would probably just contain some vanity stuff inside. I mean, if you think of it, she’s already quite lucky to have some like me, yes, someone like Kwon Jiyong carry her things for her.
 
“That’s not necessary,” I butted in. “I can carry that myself.”
 
“Pfft,” she snorted. “You look like you can’t walk anymore with all those things.”
 
“I can handle it,” I told her through gritted teeth and giving her signals using my expressive eyes. But of course, since she’s just an ordinary human being, she was not able to comprehend or decipher the message my expressive eyes were trying to convey. She then handed her handbag to Lee Junho. I was about to argue with her again when I felt some of the bags being taken away from me.
 
It was Mikmun the frog.
 
“Ya!”
 
“These are your things Dara, right?”
 
“Y-yes.”
 
“I’ll bring some of them,” he said, smiling at her. And the girl smiled back! The nerve! How can she smile like that to him! Mikmun the frog has a girlfriend! With the way they were communicating with their eyes, Vicky might think they still have feelings for each other! And she might get hurt.
 
Wait a minute, but isn’t that what we’re trying to do? Make them jealous and make them realize who they really belonged to? So, what’s with the fuss, Kwon Jiyong? Aish!
 
“You don’t really have to,” the girl said, blushing a little. “He got it covered.”
 
He? She addressed me as he?
 
This girl is pissing me off! So, she doesn’t want Mikmun to be tired in carrying her things but it is fine with her if I lose all my bones from carrying them for her? Huh! Who does she think she is?
 
Huh!
 
HUH!!!
 
Fine, then! If that’s what she really wants, fine. “Here you go,” I told Mikmun. “If you really wanted to carry them all for her, by all means, carry them,” I added and threw all the bags to the frog’s direction. I walked out on them, stomping and pouting when my eyes landed on the most beautiful girl on earth, Victoria! Yes, she’s more beautiful than that Sandara Park!
 
Eh?
 
Aish! No, Victoria could never be compared to anyone! Not even Sandara Park!
 
I cleared my throat and approached Vicky. She must’ve sensed my presence because she looked up from the screen of her phone. She smiled as soon as she saw me that made me smile as well. Ah, she just made my day and my mood better! That’s the power of Vicky’s smile!
 
“Hey!” I greeted her.
 
“Hey,” she greeted back.
 
“Need any help?”
 
“Ah, not really,” she said, smiling. “Got everything covered. They boys already carried my things up.”
 
“Oh!”
 
“Jiyong!” Krystal’s voice called out. I was about to turn around when I suddenly felt someone hugging my arms. Looking down, I saw a grinning Krystal looking up at me. “Let’s go?”
 
“I. . .” I hesitated and looked back to Vicky but I found out she already went to Mikmun, who was with Sandara Park. I saw how her smile faded as soon Vicky approached them. I frowned and was about to go to her when Lee Junho suddenly came into the scene and placed his arm on Sandara Park’s shoulder.
 
My eyes widened as I gaped at them. Huh! And the girl is smiling at the guy! Hmph! She must’ve sensed me looking at them because she looked at me. The moment our eyes met, she grimaced. Huh! The nerve! This is unbelievable. But when she looked back at Lee Junho, a smile curved her lips!
 
This is unacceptable! Totally unacceptable! Who does she think she is to treat me like this? Annoyed, I freed myself from Krystal’s grasp and marched towards the four. I walked over to where Sandara Park and Lee Junho is, who was now carrying some of her bags as well. “Hey!” I greeted, laughing a little as I removed Lee Junho’s arm off Sandara Park’s shoulder and replace it with mine. “Krystal is looking for you,” I lied to Lee Junho and stirred Sandara Park away from them.
 
“What was that?” she asked.
 
“How could you smile at Lee Junho then grimace at me?”
 
“Well, I find him more fun to be with than you lately.”
 
“What?”
 
She rolled her eyes and removed my arm off her. “Whatever.”
 
“YA!”
 
I tried arguing with Sandara Park but she seemed to be quite speedy today as she was walking in a fast pace, considering that we’re going in an upward slope.
 
“Look at her,” I heard Vicky’s voice just above me. “How could she keep up with them?”
 
“Dara’s an adventurous person,” Mikmun answered.
 
“I bet you used to do this a lot together with her.”
 
“Well. . . yes, we do a lot of hiking, trekking and mountain climbing. But of course, that was before.”
 
“She seemed to be in a good league with Junho all of the sudden.”
 
“She likes adventurous people as well.”
 
Ah, this guy is insensitive! Insensitive, I say! How could she share that information to Vicky? Of course she’ll be hurt and jealous! Aish! He doesn’t deserve Vicky at all! He – my thoughts stopped when he suddenly gave me a brief glance and smirked.
 
Eh?
 
What did that smirk mean?