Run, Run, Run!

Crazy Little Thoughts

 

I felt heavy. I don’t know why, but I feel like there’s a weight placed on my body and I wanted to get away. I just felt my hands balled into tight fists. No, that frog might say hurtful things again to that clumsy girl. She might get hurt again and as her bestfriend, I don’t want her to get hurt.
 
What should I do then?
 
Before I could even come up to an answer, I was distracted with Sandara Park’s sudden pause. She stopped wading her way back to the shore and just stood on her spot, half of her body still in the water. I’ve never seen someone with a milky smooth skin like her before. It’s like the water was reflected in her body, not the other way around. She then slowly turned around and looked at me, wearing an expression I couldn’t interpret. Then, a small smile started forming her lips as she started making her way back to me. I suddenly straightened up and I could hear hooves of horses somewhere.
 
Eh?
 
What’s that?
 
While she was making her way back to me, she stretched out her arm, her hand opened towards me. I reached out for her hand and enclosed it in mine.
 
“Do you have any idea how cute you are when you are pouting childishly?” she asked.
 
When she smiled at me, when that smile reached her eyes, I just pulled her into my arms and hugged her tightly. She seemed surprised as I heard her squeak but that did not matter. Then, I heard myself whisper, “Thank you.”
 
“Hmm? What for?” she asked and tried to pull away but I didn’t let her. I just tightened my arms around her. Instead of answering, I stayed silent and buried my face in her neck. As if I don’t know what I’m doing, I gave her neck butterfly kisses, making her chuckle lightly. “That tickles,” she said and pulled away. I let her this time.
 
“So. . .what made you. . .?”
 
She shrugged. “I remembered, I’m a firefly right? The frog might eat me if I go alone.”
 
A smile broke into my face until it eventually turned to a laugh. “That was a good one,” I told her.
 
“Of course,” she winked. “I learned from the best. And besides, I intend to push him to the edge and you haven’t got your Vicky yet.”
 
“Oh right,” I mumbled.
 
“I’m going to create a y image about you,” she said matter-of-factly. “That might trigger Victoria.”
 
“Eh?”
 
“Here’s the plan,” she said and pulled me closer to whisper in my ear. And when she was done, I could feel myself blushing to the roots of my hair. I think I’m not a tweety bird anymore. . . I think I just transformed to Hellboy with smoke coming from my nose and ears. Where did Sandara Park get all of her ideas?
 
Geez, seriously, it’s scary!
 
“Ready, lover boy?” she asked mischievously.
 
“I’m. . . .” I stuttered and before I could even say another word, she already took my hand and started dragging me with her to the shore. Then, she slowed a little and let me walk ahead of her. Just when we were near the shore, I felt a tiny bit on my shoulder. It wasn’t painful though. It was. . . it was. . . I don’t know what it was – all I know is that my breath seemed stuck in my throat. I glanced down at her and she winked at me.
 
“Just warming up,” she said. Her mood was so infectious that I smirked and chuckled.
 
Upon reaching the shore, the girl faced Mikmun the frog and my beautiful swan Vicky who looked like she was on the verge of crying. Aigoo, my poor Vicky! I wanted to comfort her but I still have a role to portray.
 
“What is it?” Sandara Park asked. As planned, I went behind her and wrapped my arms around her tiny waist from behind. I rested my chin on her shoulder and gave Vicky a wink.
 
“Can we talk?” the frog croaked.
 
“We’re already talking,” Sandara Park answered. Yay, that’s my bestfriend!
 
“In private,” he said.
 
Sandara Park tilted her head a little to face me. “Babe?”
 
“Hmm?” I murmured as I started planting butterfly kisses from her shoulder up to her neck, which she responded with a giggle.
 
“Stop that,” she giggled, playfully slapping my cheek. “It tickles.”
 
“Sorry,” I responded with a chuckle. “You’re too irresistible.”
 
“Dara,” Mikmun’s voice came in again.
 
I look up and returned the guy’s stare. “I see no reason for you to talk with my girl in private,” I started. “But, it’s her choice, she’s free to make her own choices. Although I don’t trust you, I fully trust my baby girl so it’s up to her.”
 
“Well. . .” Sandara Park hesitated for a moment. “I think there’s nothing wrong with it,” she said with a shrug.
 
I lowered my head again and as instructed by her a while ago, I bit her earlobe while giving Victoria a brief glance. “Be quick, okay?” I said in a low voice but loud enough to be heard by the other two. “I miss you already.”
 
She turned around then, with my arms still around her. I was caught by surprise when she tiptoed, wrapped her arms around my neck and reached for my lips again!
 
GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!
 
ABUSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
THIS IS !
 
THIS IS. . . . .
 
Sandara Park is soft.
 
No, I didn’t mean it in a malicious way, I mean, she’s. . . she’s. . .
 
She broke the kiss and chuckled. “Easy baby,” she said, placing a finger in my bottom lip. “We’re in a public place.”
 
Eh?
 
“See you later,” she then winked and turned back to the other two. I held her hand while she slowly started going after the bullfrog. I then had this sudden urge to pull her back to my arms and continue kissing her.
 
What?
 
WAAAAAAH!!
 
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
 
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
 
I didn’t just. . . . kyak! I’m just in the prime of my youth, yes! There’s no malice to my thoughts or whatsoever! And Sandara Park’s a good. . . ehem, kisser as well.
 
Gaaaaaah!
 
I think I just turned red again.
 
It was then when I heard Victoria sighed and dropped herself in a nearby wooden chair. Guilt suddenly washed over me. I slowly walked towards her and sat at the end of the chair as well. Something was bothering me and I know I have to ask her. “Can I ask something?” I started.
 
“Hmm?”
 
“Why are you letting him do this to you? I mean, he. . .”
 
“He already hinted on a breakup,” she said. “But. . . I’m just stubborn I guess because I told him I will hold onto him no matter what.”
 
“Why?” I blurted.
 
She smiled but it didn’t reach her eyes. “What do you mean by why? I mean, if Dara would break up with you, will you let her?”
 
“Well. . . if that would make her happy, yes.”
 
Victoria laughed. I can’t help but compare it to Sandara Park’s laughter. Sandara Park has more of a. . . careless or should I say carefree and adorable high pitched laughter while Vicky has more of a refined laughter, with manners. “You’re so selfless,” she said. “I can’t afford that. If I would, then who would be left for me?”
 
Me, I wanted to answer but of course I didn’t. “I just think of it as not meant to be,” I said. “Maybe someone else is destined for me.”
 
“I wish I could think the same way as you do.”
 
“Maybe we should be friends so you’ll adapt some of it from me,” I joked.
 
“I would love that,” she said which surprised me.
 
OH-EM-GEE!
 
IS THIS FOR REAL?!?
 
I am so not hearing this!
 
She then looked up ahead and chuckled. “To tell you the truth,” she said. “I found you weird and a bit. . . crazy before but after that party, when you had a different look and I’ve got the chance to talk to you, I then thought that Dara is one lucky girl.”
 
“I don’t think she’s lucky,” I voiced out. I mean if she was, she and Mikmun would have still been together. And she would not have the chance to be my bestfriend! Ha!
 
“What made you say that?” she asked.
 
“Dara. . . I don’t think she’s lucky, more of determined. If she wants something, she’ll make sure she’ll get it.”
 
“Did she make sure she’ll get you as well?”
 
I laughed. “Sort of,” I said. “She sure is one determined girl.”
 
“Does that -?”
 
Babyyy!” a whiney voice called out.
 
I followed the source of the voice and saw Sandara Park pouting while making her way towards my direction. I stood up and gave her a smile. She then broke into a run so I had my arms wide open for a welcome. Upon reaching me, she threw herself to me in a jump. I laughed when I caught her in my arms. She’s so little that she just fit my arms like a baby. She buried her head in my chest and rubbed her face against it. “Hey,” I chuckled. “What are you doing?”
 
She pulled her face away from my chest and glared at me accusingly but it wasn’t really that effective as she was pouting so cutely. She then glanced sideways then buried her face to my chest again. I glanced sideways and saw Vicky watching us. With a grin, I said, “Sorry about this. She can be pretty childish sometimes.”
 
“I’m not childish,” she said through muffled voice.
 
“Hmm, what does my baby want then?”
 
She pulled her face up. “I want to eat.”
 
There was a spark of mischief in her eyes. And for some weird reason, I know where her thoughts were going to so I just ride along with it. “What exactly do you want to eat?” I asked, smiling meaningfully.
 
“Ya!” she protested half-heartedly. “I’m hungry.”
 
“For what? For my kisses?”
 
“For food!”
 
“Oh!” I chuckled. I glanced at Vicky and gave her an apologetic smile. “Excuse us,” I told her. “I have to feed my little girl first.”
 
When we were a few good feet away from her, Sandara Park then said, “Good job!”
 
“So, what did he want?”
 
“Same old, same old.”
 
“What does that mean?”
 
“Oooh, grilled beef!”
 
“Ya!”
 
She turned to me and wrapped her arms around my neck. “Are you jealous, baby?”
 
“Dara. . .”
 
She laughed. “Oh, he was just ranting about public display of affection and that we’re still basically not in the right age to do such things. Huh, as if he’s not. . .”
 
“He’s not what?”
 
“Never mind,” she waved off.
 
“Let me guess,” I insisted. “He’s very caring towards you in public?”
 
She sighed, unwrapped her arms off me and stepped away. I wanted to stop her but I was frozen. “He used to be caring both in public and private.”
 
“Oh.”
 
Awkward silence then enveloped us but then, she suddenly clapped and ran to the others to join them. “Grilled beef!” I heard her say.
 
It was then when I noticed Lee Junho drooling over her. Why this janitor fish! Hmph! I then looked for my towel. Upon finding it, I picked it up and walked over to where my supposed girlfriend is. I wrapped the towel around her body while she was carelessly eating. “Hungry?” she asked.
 
I just glared at her.
 
“What now?”
 
“You’re supposed to be in a relationship with me.”
 
“O-kay.”
 
“So, you’re not supposed to. . . to. . . to be drooled upon by other guys!”
 
“What?”
 
 
 
 
So the river party was over and we were back to the camp again. Sandara Park was with the others in a circle, chatting. I was about to head over their direction when Mikmun beat me to it. Her smile faded as the guy joined the circle. He said something that made everyone laugh. I saw her trying to fight the smile from curving her lips but then, Mikmun said something again and it was directed towards her and this time, her face broke into a smile.
 
Out of nowhere, I saw Victoria ran towards the direction of the forest. I looked back at Mikmun. He was too busy trying to get Sandara Park’s attention who was talking to the janitor fish. With a sigh, I followed Vicky into the forest. I saw her scooted against a tree, crying.
 
“Vic?” I called out. She looked up and with a sob, she stood up and threw herself to me. It caught me by surprise but then, hearing her cries was disturbing so I returned her embrace and tried to console her, to comfort her. And she just cried and cried and cried. Somewhere in between, I heard a branch snapped somewhere as well as a gasp but then, I must have just imagined it because when I looked around, I saw nothing.
 
It took a few more minutes before Vicky stopped crying.
 
She talked for a while.
 
I just listened.
 
We both walked back to the camp.
 
They’re having another bonfire party. Sandara Park was nowhere to be found. I went to ask Krystal for her whereabouts but she just shrugged. It didn’t escape my notice that Mikmun wasn’t around as well. So I joined the others with Vicky sitting beside me.
 
It was late when Mikmun joined the party. I didn’t want to ask him but I was starting to worry with Sandara. I was about to swallow my pride and ask him if he’d seen her when Lee Junho beat me to it. “Has anyone seen Sandara?”
 
“She’s already asleep,” Mikmun answered, looking at me.
 
I looked back to our tents and saw her tent closed. I stood up and excused myself from the others. I went to her tent and started calling her name but she wasn’t answering. But I didn’t give up. I was about to open her tent when a voice then came out from her tent.
 
“I’m tired,” she said. “I want to sleep.”
 
Oh,” I mumbled. “Wait, I’ll just get the light from –”
 
“I want to sleep alone in my tent,” she cut me off.
 
That stopped me. And it bothered me. I know I should not ask but the word just came out from my mouth. “Why?”
 
“I’m tired, Jiyong.”
 
“I know, I heard you the first time.”
 
“Just enjoy the party.”
 
“Did Mikmun say something mean to you?”
 
“Nothing.”
 
“What’s wrong then?”
 
“Nothing’s wrong.”
 
“Then why don’t you want us to sleep beside each other?”
 
“I just don’t want to.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Jiyong, please let me sleep.”
 
“Did I do something wrong?” I asked. I waited for her answer but nothing came. “Dara?”
 
“Nothing Jiyong, you did nothing wrong.”
 
“If nothing’s wrong, then I’ll sleep beside you.”
 
“Jiyong, don’t be stubborn,” she said but I ignored her and went to get my source of light from my tent and brought it to Sandara Park’s tent. I attempted to open her tent but she was preventing it from happening.
 
“Sandara. . .”
 
“Jiyong, not tonight, please.”
 
I sighed. “I’ve got something to tell you,” I started. “I had a talk with Vicky a while ago.”
 
“I know,” she softly said.
 
“What do you mean. . .?”
 
“I saw you two disappear in the forest a while ago.”
 
“Oh, well. . . wait, is that the reason why you’re being like this?”
 
“Of course not!”
 
“You sound defensive!”
 
“I am not!”
 
“Let me in, then. If you won’t, that would prove that I’m saying the truth.”
 
“Aish!” she breathed and opened her tent angrily. “Get in then.”
 
I went in and settled my light in one corner. I lied down comfortably on one side. When I glanced at her, she was at the far end corner of the tent with her back facing me. “Ya!”
 
She didn’t answer. I reached out for her arm but she pulled it back. “Jiyong, I want to sleep.”
 
I moved towards her and placed one arm around her. “Good night.”
 
“Jiyong, move to the other side.”
 
“No,” I said.
 
“Do you have any idea how hot it is?”
 
“It’s not hot.”
 
“Aish, just move to the other side,” she said and removed my arm off of her.
 
Eh? What’s wrong with her? Is she having her period or something?
 
But I can be persistent so I grabbed her shoulders and turned her body to face me. “Ya!” she protested. “You know I can’t sleep with a light on and besides, it’s –”
 
I pulled her body to mine and her face to my chest. I then wrapped my arms around her. She started wriggling and pushing me off but I didn’t budge. I pulled her in tighter and kissed her forehead. “Let’s sleep.”
 
“Jiyong, I’m –”
 
I shut up with my fingers. “You talk too much.”
 
“Jiyong. . .”
 
“Shh, I’m sleeping.”
 
“Aish! Why are you so stubborn?”
 
“If you won’t stop talking, I’ll kiss you.”
 
“And who gave you the right to –”
 
With a sigh, I tilted her chin up and kissed her lightly in the lips. “I want to be with my girlfriend so don’t deprive me of that right, okay? Now go to sleep.”
 
 
 
-------
*kyak! TWEETY BIRD SCORED AGAIN! WHAT SAY, YOU?
 
Photobucket