The Strong Feeling

Crazy Little Thoughts

 

*banner by OhItsLai
----
 
“A what?!?” everyone chorused.
 
This is a disaster! How am I going to face the world now? How am I going to face Victoria now? No, I can’t even imagine what she’d say once she saw my new look. I really thought. . . .
 
“He’s just joking!” I heard Sandara Park said. “I mean, look at him, he’s –”
 
“Gorgeous!”
 
“y.”
 
“I totally agree!”
 
“Good job, Jo,” Sandara Park smiled, clapping her hands. Then, everyone clapped as well.
 
Waah! They’re making fun of me! They’re mocking me! I turned around and immediately dragged her with me in the room. “What’s the meaning of this?!”
 
“What do you mean?” she asked.
 
“You said they’re the best! You said you’ll help me in making Victoria like me but look at this!” I said, pointing a finger at my hair. “I look like tweety bird! TWEETY BIRD!”
 
She chuckled. “Jiyong, you don’t look like tweety bird. You don’t even look funny or any cartoon character.”
 
I blinked as she stared at me with a smile on her face. “Don’t look at me that way!”
 
“What way?”
 
“You’re mocking me! You’re silently laughing at me!”
 
She rolled her eyes. “I’m not mocking you or laughing at you. I’m telling the truth, Jiyong. You look really. . . handsome.”
 
My eyes narrowed. “I look funny!”
 
“No! I can assure you that when Victoria sees you, she’ll go after you in just a few seconds.”
 
“I want my black hair back!!!” I whined childishly. “NOW!!”
 
“You can’t change your hair color in just a blink of an eye. It’ll only damage your hair. Don’t you trust e enough to believe my words?”
 
“That’s exactly what I’m worried about,” I pointed out. A thought suddenly came to my mind. “You did this on purpose, didn’t you?!?
 
“What?”
 
“You told them to make me look like a cartoon character so Victoria will be off then you’ll have for yourself!” I finished accusingly. I expected her to look at least guilty but that didn’t happen. Instead, she burst out laughing.
 
And not just that! She threw herself to me and wrapped her arms around my neck (eww! She’s trying to seduce me again! But that won’t work!). Now , what is the meaning of this?
 
“Ah, Jiyong, you never fail to make me laugh!”
 
“Err, okay-okay. Enough with the hug, you’re creeping me out already.”
 
She chuckled first before pulling away. “You’ll be a big hit, I’m telling you.”
 
I grimaced. “Look, I don’t want to be rude or something but I really find it hard to trust your judgment.”
 
“And why is that?”
 
I rolled my eyes. Gah! Is she really asking met hat question? How thick could she get? Oh well, I have to point it out to her then. “Isn’t it obvious?” I asked. “You fell in love with Mikmun, I mean, Kimkum. No offence, but you really don’t have a taste.”
 
I expected her to grimace. Heck, I even expected her to get upset or angry at me but she didn’t do any of those things. Instead, she threw her head back and laughed out loud that it almost destroyed my eardrums. Eww, this girl can be pretty loud and unlady-like. I wrinkled my nose as she went on laughing while clutching her tummy.
 
Sandara Park is CRAZY.
 
It’s already eleven in the evening but I still can’t sleep. Sandara Park told me to get a good night sleep for tomorrow’s event right before we separated. I sighed upon seeing my reflection. No matter what I do, my hair really reminds me of tweety bird. Eventhough Sandara Park and the others said I looked. . . . good with my new look, I can’t help but feel a bit stupid about it. If this won’t work, I’m going to punish Sandara Park for real! Oh, Victoria please be mine!
 
I sighed again. I need to apply everything I learned from Sandara Park tomorrow. I know I won’t mess up, I mean, I’m Kwon Jiyong and the word mistake is not included in my dictionary. But even if that was the case, I can’t help but feel. . . anxious. Just the word party made me uneasy, it’s like something sharp’s poking my brain and I can’t even explain or understand it. As I thought of it, something white flashed into my mind so fast that it made me head throb. I cupped my head in between my hands as the painful throbbing intensified. As it grew and grew, I fell to my knees. I was about to scream when the sound of my phone ringing stopped the throbbing pain.
 
I blinked and reached out for my phone. Sandara Park’s name was on the screen. I sighed and closed my eyes for a moment before answering the call. “Hello?”
 
“Hey!” she greeted enthusiastically.
 
“I’m already sleeping. Call again tomorrow.”
 
“YA!”
 
I sighed again. “What do you want?”
 
Silence.
 
Ah, you just wanted to hear my voice, didn’t you?”
 
“I. . I just want to thank you and say good luck.”
 
I snorted. “I don’t need luck. I know I’m going to nail it although I still have some doubts with this new look your friends gave me.”
 
She chuckled. “Conceited. You look really good, though.”
 
I rolled my eyes. “To tell you the truth, I was actually more confident with my look before than now.”
 
She laughed out loud again. “Seriously, though. Believe me when I say that every girl would agree with me in saying that you’re looking your best right now.”
 
Heat crawled to my cheeks. Omo! Am I blushing? For real? Aigoo! Kwon Jiyong should ONLY blush when Victoria’s around but why am I blushing right now? This is just Sandara Park I’m talking to. “I still don’t feel confident and I really have this weird suspicion about your real intention.”
 
“Don’t be too conceited. I love Nickhun and there’s no one else I would want for this lifetime.”
 
“Ah, so you’re saying that in your next lifetime, you’ll want me instead? I knew it!”
 
She chuckled in a low tone. “I doubt it.”
 
I don’t believe you,” I counted with narrowed eyes.
 
“You’re impossible!” she exclaimed.
 
“I know I’m impossibly charming, no need to rub that in.”
 
“You’re impossibly crazy.”
 
“Just telling the truth,” I shrugged even if she can’t see me. “Anyways, do you have other things to say? I need myhandsome rest now.”
 
“Oh, nothing. I’ll see you tomorrow.”
 
“Okay.”
 
I shook my head as soon as the call ended. Huh! If I didn’t know better, I’d say that Sandara Park’s just making excuses to hear my voice. But then, since I’m not that confident with my new look, I can’t really say if that’s a good thing or not.
 
Aish! I don’t really have a choice, do I? oh well, I’ll just have to blindly trust Sandara Park, then. mind over matter. Yes, I’ll just do that. I’ll just think that my new look is better than the old one (aigoo! But that’s really hard!)
 
“Mind over matter,” I muttered under my breath with my eyes closed. I opened my eyes again and went to bed, feeling a bit lighter. With the light on, I then went to sleep.
 
- - -
 
A consistent sound woke me up. It took me a few seconds to realize that my phone was ringing. I groaned out loud as I reached for it. I grimaced upon seeing Sandara Park’s name. “Ya!” I answered. “Why are you calling this early? I’m taking my handsome sleep so I’ll be –”
 
“Early?” she trilled. “It’s already one in the afternoon! I’ve been calling you since this morning. You need to prep up.”
 
I rolled my eyes. “What’s with the hurry? The party’s still hours away.”
 
“I’m in front of your house. Open the door.”
 
“WHAT?!?” I screamed, sitting up from the bed. “Ya! You can’t just order me around, especially in my own house!”
 
“Open it or I’ll kick it down!”
 
“I’d like to see you try! Hahahahaha!!!”
 
“Okay,” she answered carelessly. Then, I stared hearing loud thuds.
 
“YA!” I whined. I quickly jumped off the bed and ran to the front door. I exhaled in relief upon seeing that my door’s still intact. I pressed on the end button on my phone and reached out for the knob. I opened the door and was about to retaliate when Sandara Park’s thin body slammed against my oh-so-delicious body. Everything happened so fast that I didn’t have time to avoid her that we ended up falling to the floor. It took me some time to realize that Sandara Par’s body’s on top of mine. HOMAYGAWD! My eyes grew wide. “RAAAAPE!!!” I screamed. She squirmed and tried to cover my mouth but I was flailing around. “Please don’t! Huhuhu. . . .”
 
“Oh, shut up!” she gritted. “You’re being ridiculous again.”
 
“Then get off of me!”
 
“You’ve got your arms around me, how am I going to stand up?”
 
I paused then blinked at her. She was so close to me that I can even see my reflection in her eyes – her brown eyes. I didn’t know her eyes were brown. I can also smell her fresh breath and it was mingling with mine. This close, I also noticed how smooth her skin was. I lifted my eyes back to hers and saw a hint of irritation there. I suddenly remembered the situation I’m in. “I didn’t wrap my arms around you!” I defended myself and pushed her off me. “YOU probably wrapped MY arms around you while I was distracted!”
 
“You’re impossible!” she breathed.
 
“What are you doing here, anyways?” I asked as we both went to our feet.
 
“Picking you up, of course,” she said. “And besides, you need to prepare, WE need to prepare.”
 
“This early?!”
 
Just save your questions later. We have to go.”
 
“But it’s too early! And besides, I have to take a bath first.”
 
Sandara Park just gave me a weary look.
 
- - -
 
I can’t understand why Sandara Park’s panicking. “Why don’t you get yourself fixed? There’s no need to panic. I know what to do later.”
 
She gave me a doubtful look. “Jiyong, please take this seriously.”
 
“I am taking this seriously.”
 
She gave me another long look before sighing. “Let’s talk later. I’ll just. . . get my hair fixed.”
 
I’m still not that confident with my new look but it rust my acting abilities. But I swear, I really look like tweety bird! Huhuhu. . . I hope Victoria won’t laugh at me. If ever that happens, I’m going to the mountains, hide in a cave and never return again!
 
Hours later, I was set to go but Sandara Park was nowhere to be seen yet. I can’t understand why she had to get herself fixed in a private room or parlor. What’s with the suspense? It’s not like she’s going to transform from an ugly duckling to a beautiful swan, right? I mean, only Victoria’s beautiful –
 
“I’m ready, let’s go,” Sandara Park emerged from her room all of the sudden. “What are you staring at?”
 
- - -
 
I’ve been staring at Sandara Park for God knows how long. She already snapped at me twice but I still didn’t learn my lesson. But when she finally burst out for the third time, I managed to look away. She looked. . . . different. Of course, Victoria’s still the most beautiful girl for me but – aish! Never mind!
 
I started getting nervous a while later as we neared to the venue and seeing Sandara Park being tensed and stressed wasn’t helping, too. I went back to staring at her but she reprimanded me again. I tried to distract myself by looking outside the window of the car. Different thoughts came into my mind. But I’m mostly worried about Victoria and the others’ reactions to my new look.
 
I was in the middle of imagining different scenes that would greet me later in the party when Sandara Park’s voice broke into my ears. “We’re here,” she said.
 
I straightened up and paid attention to the venue. A frown immediately marred my forehead. “This place looks familiar.”
 
“You’ve probably seen it in television or magazines,” Sandara Park said.
 
“I’ve been here before,” I softly said and I can’t understand why I said that. I know I’ve never been here before but something’s telling me that I’ve been in this place a couple of times already. I have a strong feeling about it – no, I’m sure of it.
 
“What did you say?”
 
I blinked and unwillingly glanced at my companion. “Nothing.”
 
-------
Sorry for the late update guys! Got so busy then I got sick.... but i'm okay now...