Under Pressure

Crazy Little Thoughts

 

 
Ah. . . . I really have to do something fruitful already. “Ya, Sandara Park!”
 
She looked at me with a grimace on her face. “Why do you keep on calling me by my full name?” she asked. “We would not come out convincing if you’re too formal. Call me Dara.”
 
“Sandara Park,” I called again. “We have to start doing something really fruitful,” I said.
 
“Like what?”
 
“Let’s take our jealousy mission on the next level!”
 
“And what do you have in mind, your Highness?”
 
“Tell me every romantic thing that Mikmun did –”
 
“It’s NICKHUN,” she emphasized.
 
“It’s mouthful!” I whined.
 
“No, it’s not!”
 
“Yes it is!”
 
“Aish!” I exhaled. “Why are you arguing with me? Just tell me ever romantic thing he did, come on! And will you please let go now?”
 
She grinned at me. “But I enjoy hugging you! And smelling you!”
 
HOMAYGHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
This is abuse! ABUSE, I’m telling you! And to my dearest life, she suddenly tiptoed and kissed me in the cheek!
 
I think I just died from all of the abuse I went through. I’m tainted, I’m no longer the innocent Kwon Jiyong that I’ve known myself for. I’ve been abused, , harassed. . . DEGRADED!
 
I could feel myself turned into stone. Sandara Park kissed me. . . on my cheek. She’s. . . abusing me. I should call the police.
 
“KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKK!” I screamed. “RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPEE!
 
I pushed her off of me and ran to get my phone. “I’m calling the police! I’m calling the police! This is !” I cried out, traumatized.
 
As i ran back to my room, I could hear Sandara Park’s loud laughter following me. “Kwon Jiyong!” she called out in a sweet voice. “I’m coooommmiiinng!”
 
HOMAYGHAAAAAAAD!
 
“I’m coming! Bwahahahahahahaha!”
 
For some weird reason, my heart started beating fast and my palms started sweating. Seriously, I don’t want to be ! Huhuhuhuhuhuhu.
 
I could hear footsteps. “Run!”
 
A scream came. . .
 
I suddenly felt dizzy. I leaned my hand against the wall.
 
“Jiyong run!”
 
The alley. . . there’s no end to it. It went on and on. The scream of a woman behind me rang inside my head.
 
“Gotcha!” Sandara Park’s voice sounded distant. She jumped on me and I felt myself falling to the floor but it seemed endless as well. I could not comprehend what’s happening around me. All I could see is the dark alley in front of me. As if an echo, Sandara Park’s laughter broke through my head. I blinked and looked up. She was hovering above me with a mischievous look on her face, laughing. She looked. . . beautiful and it was making the pain in my head fade. But when she looked down at me, the laughter was wiped off of her face, replaced by a worried look.
 
No, don’t stop laughing, I wanted to say but my voice locked up in my throat as I was again caught by something I can’t explain and understand.
 
“Jiyong?” a small voice called. “Are you alright?”
 
I wanted to say yes but I can’t move, I can’t think, I can’t speak.
 
I don’t know. I honestly don’t know. And then, I out.
 
 
 
I sighed. There was something comfortable with the hand that’s petting my head. Slowly, I blinked my eyes open and found myself inside my room. Sandara Park was there as well, looking at me with an unreadable expression on her face. I didn’t say anything. Was I even supposed to say anything?
 
“How are you feeling?” she asked.
 
“I don’t know,” I answered. “What happened?”
 
“You out when I was about to you,” she jokingly added. “You’re really scared, huh? I was just joking, you know.”
 
For some reason, I can’t seem to find the energy to react appropriately. And then out of nowhere, I just blurted out, “I want to do bungee jumping!”
 
“What?”
 
And then, as if nothing happened, I found myself enjoying the look on her face. She looked really. . . hesitant. The next thing I know, I just found myself laughing. It seemed that Sandara Park is scared of bungee jumping. It’s time for my revenge! Hahahahaha.
 
“Yes!” I said. “I want to go and do some bungee jumping!”
 
“Oh, okay,” she said. “Go ahead and have fun.”
 
“Oh no,” I said to her, grinning. “You are coming with me! Consider this as a part of our plan, a date!”
 
“I’m not in the mood,” she said, crossing her arms.
 
“Oooh,” I teased. “You’re scared, aren’t you?”
 
“Of course not!” she defiantly said. “Fine! Let’s go then! Just don’t go screaming like a girl or. . . or back out when we’re there!”
 
“Definitely!” I said.
 
“Huh!” she snorted. “I could just tell that you would not be able to go through it.”
 
“Just wait and see!” I confidently retorted. “HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
 
Seeing Sandara Park all gloomy and moody lifted my mood up. Ha! It’s payback time you little angel!
 
I was whistling happily as we went to the bungee jumping center. The staffs welcomed us warmly and there were other people there as well. I watched as most girls were obviously frightened why their boyfriends looked excited.
 
There was this girl who started crying from fear and I could just imagine Sandara Park being like that. Hahaha. Then, the boyfriend consoled the girl. To my surprise and dislike, the guy connected their harness then wrapped his arms around the girl. The girl wrapped her arms around the guy as well. After a few seconds, the guy let himself fall backwards, with his arms tightly around the girl. I looked down at Sandara Park and she was looking at the couple as well.
 
“Haha,” she laughed awkwardly. “That was cute. . . and the guy was really sweet.”
 
I just grunted in response.
 
“Oppa!” she suddenly said in a sweet voice. “Let’s do that as well!”
 
I leaned down on her. “And what? Give you the chance to harass me again? No way!”
 
She glared at me. “Don’t pee on your pants, Kwon Jiyong.”
 
“Why would I? I’m not afraid of heights, mwahahahahahaha.”
 
“I’m not afraid of heights, either!”
 
“Oh really? Hahaha, I shall found out later.”
 
Huh! Who was she kidding! I’m pretty sure she’s scared! She’s just showing up a brave face for everyone. Hahaha. I’ll be the one laughing at you later, Sandara Park. How dare you kiss me on the cheek without my permission!
 
When it was our turn, I was smiling smugly to myself. I glanced at Sandara Park and she was obviously not in a good mood. I walked to her place. “Scared?”
 
She looked up and glared at me. “Why don’t you go first if you’re so brave then?”
 
“Sure!” I answered, shrugging. I walked over to the edge of the platform with a confident smile. Ah, the wind is blowing my hair. I love it! I looked down and I suddenly felt the smile off of my face. I stepped back a little and gripped the railing.
 
HOMAYGHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!
 
It looked scary! No, it is scary! Gaaaaaah! My knees are trembling! HOMAYGHAAAAAAAAAD!
 
It’s like all the blood in my head went to my feet.
 
“What’s the matter?” a voice asked, making me jump and squeak. “Scared?”
 
I composed myself first before looking behind me. “Of course not!”
 
“Why don’t you go ahead and jump then?”
 
“I’m. . . I’m still. . .enjoying the wind blowing my hair and – aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!” I screamed when Sandara Park suddenly pushed me. “I’M GOING TO DIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
 
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
 
I’m dyyyyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggg! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I’m going to DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
 
I can’t take this anymore! I can’t take this anymore!! Someone stop this!! Waaaaaah!
 
It went on and on and on. I just went on screaming until it felt like my throat was too dry and worn out. Aigoo!
 
When it was all over, I gripped the railings tightly, feeling dizzy. I feel like puking and I could just hear everyone laughing at how I sounded like a girl.
 
“What were you saying again, Kwon Jiyong?” Sandara Park asked. I didn’t say anything. I really do feel like puking. I walked slightly out of the edge, still gripping the handrail. I slid down on my . Gah! That was scary!
 
“Wow, you look so pale!”
 
I looked up at Sandara Park. Aish! Now she’s going to laugh at me. And I was right. After a few seconds, she just burst out laughing, sending the birds to North America from the sound of it. Jeez!
 
She was still laughing her head off when I was calmed down already. I glared at her.  “Ya! It’s your turn now.”
 
But she just went on laughing.
 
Aish!
 
I stood up and grabbed her hand, dragging her to the edge of the platform. I suddenly gripped the handrail for support when I accidentally looked down. I trembled upon remembering what it felt like falling. Gah!
 
Sandara Park was facing me, still laughing while clutching her tummy. She had her back at the edge. Although I know it’d be rude, childish and mean, I suddenly had the urge to push her off as well. As she went on laughing, I felt bad, in a way. Like a child, I gave her shoulder a slight push. She suddenly stopped laughing and looked at me with wide eyes. She had her harness on anyway, so with a playful grin, I gave her another push.
 
She started leaning back and a few seconds from now, she’ll fall. But there was something on her face that made me lean forward and dive for her. Upon reaching her, I wrapped my arms around her and endured the earth-splitting scream that seemed to have broken my eardrums. She buried her face in my shoulder as her arms wrapped tightly around me as well. I wanted to scream myself but the way her body was trembling stopped me from doing so. “I’m sorry,” I whispered and hugged her tighter.
 
The moment I said those words, she stopped screaming and gave a slight whimper. She molded her body on mine and went silent. But she was trembling. . . trembling. . .
 
 
“I’m sorry,” I whispered again and again and again until she stopped trembling.
 
“Thank you,” she whispered back.
 
 
 
 
I was walking her to her house. At first, no words were exchanged between us but then, we started laughing at each other. We talked about what happened in laughter as we walk to her house. It somehow felt good that we can now laugh it off. But I swear, I would never do bungee jumping again.
 
“Ah. . .” she sighed. “I felt like my soul left my body a while ago.”
 
“You did scream like one,” I returned, chuckling a little. “You were really trembling hard, though.”
 
She chuckled. “I used to be really scared of heights.”
 
“Aren’t you now?” I asked.
 
“No, not really,” she answered quietly. “What happened a while ago was different.”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
She sighed. “Me and my friends, including Khunnie and Victoria went to that place long time ago. I’m really scared of heights and they were all teasing me about it. I felt bad for being a coward as well. But Khunnie. . . Khunnie said he’ll jump with me. We did couple bungee. I remember how tight he hugged me when we jumped and how I screamed at the top of my lungs. Then, when we were going up and down, he kissed me. At first, it felt like he just kissed me to stop me from screaming. But after a while, it felt like he was taking away my fear. It felt good.”
 
I didn’t say anything.
 
“Then, he asked me to be his girlfriend in front of our friends.”
 
I still didn’t say anything.
 
“Being in that place just brought memories that I felt uncomfortable doing it.”
 
“Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked. “I wouldn’t have insisted.”
 
She stopped from walking and looked at me with a smile. She reached out to brush a few strands of my blond hair off my face. “You were not feeling better a while ago, so I thought maybe going with you to do bungee jumping would make you feel better,” she said. Then she went on walking again. “It turned out the other way, though, hahaha. I was aiming to make you feel better but you made me feel better and you even made me laugh. So, thank you!”
 
I stopped from walking. I don’t know why, but my heart was squeezed by something painful. I reached out and grabbed her arm, pulling her a bit roughly to my chest. I hugged her tight. “I’m sorry.”
 
“What are you saying sorry for?”
 
“I’m sorry for being ignorant,” he said. “I mistook your hesitance to do bungee jumping for something else.”
 
She was quiet for a while. But then, I felt her smile against my chest as she hugged me back. “It’s okay.”
 
We stood there for a while, hugging each other. It was then, in that moment, that I somehow. . . understood what she said about being comfortable when being with me. For a moment, I felt comfortable having her in my arms as well.
 
 
 
 
--------
 
Ah, so GD is a Bad Boy
 
 
 
And what would Dara say to that?