Long Night

Crazy Little Thoughts

 

*banner by G-Dara21
 
witness a very different side of the story, LOLz
 
---
 
“I don’t think I can do this,” I told Sandara Park for the nth time.
 
“Where did your confidence go?”
 
“My confidence ran away with my old look!” I breathed. “If only the makeover was better than my old look, I would totally feel –”
 
“Jiyong, you look amazing, trust me.”
 
“Oh really?” I asked sarcastically. “Then I would assume now that you’re going gaga over me inside your head now?”
 
She chuckled. “No, stupid. Don’t you trust my judgment?”
 
“I told you, that’s exactly my problem here! Your judgment.”
 
“And what’s wrong with my judgment?”
 
“I can’t believe you’re asking me this again!” I groaned. “I’ve already told you before; I don’t trust your judgment because of Mikmun. I mean, no offense but Mikmun is not really that –”
 
“It’s Nickhun, Ji.”
 
I paused then blinked at her. “What did you call me again?”
 
She rolled her eyes and grabbed me by the arm. My eyes widened at her hand on my arm. “Don’t even dare saying I’m attempting to molest you again,” she said.
 
“I’m not going to say anything like that,” I murmured.
 
She looked at me. “Jiyong, once we stepped out of this car, you have to start acting the way we practiced before, okay?”
 
I suddenly had this weird feeling in my stomach. I feel like puking! OH-MAI-GAH! This might be what they call stage fright. Jeez, I’m Kwon Jiyong, I should not have any of these stage frights. Right, I took a deep breath. I’m better than Brad Pitt so I don’t have to worry. Yes, that’s right. I bet, if I would give Hollywood a chance, all those famous actors would lose their job. Hahaha, yes, that’s right. I’m pretty sure once I’m casted in a movie, my sidekick would be the likes of Brad Pitt, Leonardo de Caprio or Keannu Reeves or, well, I don’t have to enumerate them all. And I’m certain the likes of Angeline Jolie, Megan Fox, Anne Hathaway or Halle Berry and other famous actresses would be given the roles of bystanders in my movie. And in my mind, I could just imagine them walking by with the camera focused on me.
 
“I’m ready,” I told her. “This would be a piece of cake to the great Kwon Jiyong.”
 
“Okay,” Sandara Park exhaled. “Let’s go.”
 
“Don’t be nervous,” I told her. “You’ll be fine.”
 
“I’m not worried about myself,” she said.
 
“Aww, are you worried about me? You’re so sweet! But I’m sorry to remind you, Sandara Park. My heart has been stolen by Victoria already so if you’re thinking of getting it away from her, you’ll have me to answer for.”
 
She gave me a weird look. “This is a disaster. Let’s just. . . go home.”
 
“What?!” I burst out. “Just a while ago, you were questioning my confidence and now, tsk. . . Where did your confidence go, Sandara Park?”
 
“Well, it obviously abandoned me ever since I decided to ask for your help,” she answered sarcastically.
 
“What are you talking about? You don’t have to worry about anything now. I’m ready,” I told her, grinning confidently.
 
- - -
 
I don’t know why but the moment we stepped out of the car and started heading towards the entrance of the venue, I started feeling different. It’s like. . . like. . . .like. . . different. I don’t know how to explain it. I felt Sandara Park’s grip on my arm tightened. I looked down at her. It was then that I noticed that she looked worried and a bit pale.
 
“Are you alright?” I asked, cupping her face. Err, what am I doing? Oh right, I’m acting!
 
She looked up at me, her brown eyes looked worried. A frown marred her forehead as he met my gaze but then, she nodded. “Y-yeah, I am.”
 
“You look a bit pale,” I told her.
 
“Really?”
 
“Yeah, nervous?”
 
“You could say that,” she chuckled.
 
“What are you nervous about?”
 
“About this whole thing,” she said. “And for Khunnie’s reaction.”
 
I smiled. “I should be the one worrying.”
 
“And why is that?”
 
“You look exceptionally stunning tonight and I could just imagine that every eye will be on us,” I told her. “Girls will envy you, guys will try to talk to you and get your attention.”
 
She rolled her eyes. “And why would you be nervous about that? I already gave my heart to Khunnie and no other man could get that away from him.”
 
“Hmn,” I grunted. I looked around the place and noticed that a few people started noticing us. As my eyes scanned the place, a strong indescribable feeling surged through me. As if in a faraway distance, like an echo, I could hear soft laughter in my ears. It sounded so familiar yet, strange. I shook my head and scanned the place again.
 
 The hall was filled people in formal attire. I looked up. There was a giant chandelier at the middle then it extended small bulbs of light to the right and circularly to the left. There was a long buffet table at the far end left and right while chairs were settled against the walls of the hall. Mostly, the people were interacting at the sidelines. I’m assuming that the middle part of the hall would serve as the dance floor later. At the front, a platform stood in between two dragon statues. There was something about those statues that straightened up my spine, like the statues were compelling me to behave like a true gentleman, like a true. . . . a sharp stab of pain hit the side of my head. I closed his eyes and moved my head, attempting to shake the pain away.
 
When I felt the grip on my arm tightened, I opened my eyes again and glanced down at my companion. I frowned for there was something familiar with the way she was nibbling down on her lips. A sense of protectiveness then came over me.
 
“It’s starting,” she whispered.
 
“What is?” I asked.
 
She looked at me then smiled. The pain in my head ebbed away. No, I must have made a mistake a while ago. I was sure she was nibbling on her lip a while ago, a sign that she’s nervous. But. . . she’s smiling brightly at me right now. “It seemed that I was right,” she smiled wider.
 
“About what?”
 
“Your makeover’s a success,” she said. “If you’ll only look at the people around you instead of those dragon statues up there, you’ll know.”
 
I pulled my eyes away from her and looked up. I was greeted by eyes. I could just tell what the people nearby were thinking from the look on their faces. And if I’m not mistaken, the news about Sandara Park and a new Kwon Jiyong arriving together is starting to spreadout. “It’s show time, then.”
 
“It is,” she quietly agreed and when I looked down at her, I can’t help but smile at the confident smile on her face.
 
“Let’s get your guy back,” I said.
 
“Let’s,” she chuckled. “So you’ll have your Victoria, too.”
 
- - -
 
It was weird because normally, I would react differently to the attention being thrown my way. I usually spazz but I was able to keep my composure until Victoria and my rival approached us.
 
“Jiyong, is that really you?” Victoria asked. “Wow! You look. . . .”
 
“Handsome?” Sandara Park filled in. “He has always been handsome, he was just hiding it before.”
 
Nickhun was staring at me but I’m not feeling friendly at the moment so I kept my mouth shut. I just returned his stare steadily. Then, he looked away and turned to Sandara Park. “I’m glad you were able to come,” he said.
 
“I would not want to miss it,” she chuckled. “I mean, who knows? You might just drop the bomb and announce that you and Victoria are engaged. I don’t think I could bear missing that.”
 
I had the urge to smirk upon seeing the look on Nickhun’s face. Obviously, he wasn’t expecting Sandara Park’s response. I had to commend her acting skills, too. She sure does know how to make a guy. . . uncomfortable.
 
“Well,” he cleared his throat. “It’s just that the last time we talked, you were quite. . . let’s just say you were quite firm in saying that you don’t want to have anything to do with me or see me so I thought you would –”
 
“I know what you’re trying to do Dara,” Victoria said. “I think all of us know that.”
 
“Really?” Sandara Park calmly answered.
 
We were slowly gaining attention and I could just sense Sandara Park’s uneasiness inside although she looked calm inside. “Would you like a drink, Dara?” I broke in. “I mean, you were complaining a while that you’re thirsty after the. . . uhm, you know, what we did.”
 
She glanced at me, a blank look on her face. She blinked several times. “I. . . well. . .”
 
“I’ll take that as a yes,” I told her smiling. “I’ll be back,” I added then slowly took her hand off my arm. I lifted it up to my lips and planted a soft kiss on her palm. A surprise look came to her face but it was replaced by a knowing look.
 
She smiled at me. “Don’t be too long, okay? You know I don’t like being away from you for so long.”
 
I couldn’t help but laugh at what she said.
 
This will be a long night.