Hover

Crazy Little Thoughts

 

I did not notice the time. Time sure flies when you’re having fun. It was only cut off when one of our schoolmates came to ask Vicky for a dance. Of course I did not want to let her go but since I’m being a gentleman at the moment, I graciously stepped down and let the guy have his time with Vicky. Vicky. Ah, just the thought of her name makes my heart go thump thump inside my chest. Aigoo! I feel like a high school giddy boy. Wait a minute, I am a high school student. Aish! Aigoo! Love, it really makes you crazy, kekekekeke. Speaking of crazy, where did that Sandara Park go?
                                                   
I looked around but I did not find her. Eh? Where did she go? Eh, could it be that she realized that I’m better looking than Mikmun that she’s now sulking somewhere because I danced with Vicky? Ah, girls. They are so hard to understand, neh? I better start looking for her and try to console her, I mean comfort her. She did help me with the makeover anyways. Now that I think of it, I think I’m starting to like my new look at the moment, kekekeke.
 
Anyways, enough of that, I need to look for that ex-stalker of mine. So I started looking for her everywhere. When I say everywhere, I meant everywhere – inside the bathroom, inside the toilet bowl, under the table, under each chairs, under the glass of punch, etc.
 
Eh?
 
Where did she go?
 
I then went outside after inspecting behind each curtain. On my way to the pool area, I heard her soft voice drifting calmly my way. I smiled and was about to step into the light when I noticed she was with Mikmun. I backed out at once and hid behind the bushes. I’m not eavesdropping or anything, okay? I’m just curious.
 
“Don’t you think it’s funny?” she asked, chuckling a little. “We already talked a while ago but here we are now.”
 
The guy just snorted back in response.
 
“I’ve never been a fan of parties, to be honest,” she said.
 
“So am I,” he quietly said.
 
Silence came over.
 
“You asked me a while ago about Jiyong,” Sandara Park opened up.
 
Omo, did she just mention my precious name? Did she just do that?
 
She did!
 
“Maybe I can ask something in return as well,” she said. “I’ve been asking you this question for a while now but you never answered me directly.”
 
“Dara. . .”
 
“Why?” she asked. “Why her? What’s wrong with me?”
 
Mikmun sighed heavily and looked far up ahead. “There’s nothing wrong with you, Dara,” he said.
 
“Don’t give me that bull!” she retaliated back.
 
The bull-frog looking guy’s head suddenly snapped to her direction, looking surprised. Then, a small smile curved his lips.
 
Eh? What is he smiling about?
 
“I missed that,” he said. “I missed this feisty side of you.”
 
“That doesn’t answer my question.”
 
He sighed again. “Dara, people make mistakes and I –”
 
“Are you saying that I’m a mistake?”
 
“No, let me finish first,” he said, facing her now. “To tell you honestly, I got bored. Before, you were quite unpredictable. I tried to tame you but you became too tamed that I got bored of it. you became too sweet and clingy that I felt suffocated and so, I turned to  a different direction. That’s probably the biggest mistake of my life but Vicky was there.”
 
“Do you love her?” she softly asked.
 
It took him a while to answer. “I don’t want to hurt her. But I. . . love her.”
 
“I see,” she whispered.
 
Aish! What’s wrong with this girl? Isn’t she the one who started this and now she’s giving up? And she’s blowing our cover up! Ah, I think her heart is taking over her rational mind. I should take over! Yes, it’s time for gentleman Jiyong to come to life again.
 
I backed out from my spot and took a deep breath first before barging in. “Little angel!” I called out in a cheerful voice. “I’ve been looking for you everywhere.”
 
Sandara Park looked back. There was something on her face that moved something inside me. I smiled at her encouragingly. “It’s cold out here,” I went on, shrugging my coat off. I wrapped it around her as soon as I reached her. “Ah, good thing I have the sense to think of your welfare, hmm? I could just see how cold you were a while ago. Boy, you were trembling! Come here, let me wash away the coldness that you’re – oh Nickhun, you’re here as well.”
 
“Yeah,” he answered. “It’s quite amazing how you didn’t notice me when I’m just a few inches from you.”
 
“Ah well, forgive me,” I said. “I rarely notice people who don’t have presence. . . if you know what I mean.”
 
He suddenly grabbed my arm. “What does that mean?”
 
“Hey,” Sandara Park said in a warning voice.
 
“Sorry,” I said, looking at him straight back in the eyes. “I just don’t tolerate boys who make women cry, especially if it’s someone as special as Sandara Park. Now, if you’ll excuse us. I need to take my date home.”
 
I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and started leading her out of the way. We were about ten steps away from him when the guy spoke. “If you make her cry, you’ll have me to answer for.”
 
I stopped in my tracks. I can’t help but smile at the irony of it all. “Don’t worry,” I said. “I’m not like you.”
 
With that, we left.
 
Ha! That departing line is to die for!
 
Bwahahahaha! I nailed him, I totally nailed him! Hahahahahahaha!
 
I should receive an award for my performance tonight. Come to think of it, I should ask Sandara Park to buy me a trophy. “Hey, Sandara Park, I did very well tonight, didn’t I? I deserve a trophy for this. And I know just the right place where you could buy from!”
 
No answer came.
 
I looked at her. She was staring at me with eyes shining with angry tears. Then, her hand flew to my face. “Don’t talk to him like that! He’s not a bad person!”
 
“Isn’t he?” I quietly asked.
 
Her chest was heaving up and down. Then, she suddenly dropped on her on the ground, bawling like a child.
 
I sighed and stared at her. I shook my head and went down on my knees, gathering her in my arms. “Sorry,” I whispered. “Stop crying now. If Mikmun would see you crying, he might end up punching my handsome face. And you know very well that my handsome face is the most precious thing to me.”
 
She chuckled lightly against my chest. And then, she stopped crying. “I’m sorry too,” she whispered. “I. . . I don’t know what happened to me.” She then looked up and stared at my face. To my surprise, she caressed the side of my face where her hand landed. “Let’s go to your place. Your handsome face has been smeared by my mere hand,” she added with a light chuckle.
 
- - -
 
“Turn your face to the other side so I could put this ointment,” Sandara Park said. “Then, after this, I’ll apply ice packs as well.”
 
“Is your ointment safe?” I asked.
 
“Of course it is,” she said, rolling her eyes.
 
“Put it on then,” I told her. “I need to walk you to your home and it’s really getting late.”
 
“You don’t have to do that,” she said.
 
“What do you think of me?” I demanded. “I am a gentleman and as a gentleman that I am, it’s my duty and responsibility to walk you home.”
 
She sighed. “I’m not in the mood to go home,” she said. “Would it be alright if I crash in for the night?”
 
“Eh?!” I exclaimed, hugging my chest tightly.
 
She rolled her eyes. “I’m not going to do anything to you,” she said, pointing a finger at me. “You’re not my type.”
 
I exhaled in relief. “Good,” I nodded. “Oh well, you can sleep here.”
 
“I’ll sleep in your room.”
 
Eh?!?
 
“You can’t sleep in the same bed with me!” I exploded. “It’s. . . it’s unthinkable! I do have my. . . my reputation and values in life! I could not just sleep around with some. . . some random girl!”
 
“You’re a gentleman, aren’t you?” she evilly said. “And as a gentleman, it is your duty and responsibility to let a girl sleep comfortably in a bed.”
 
“But. . . but this is my house!”
 
“I know,” she said. “But that does not change the fact that I’m a girl and you’re a gentleman.”
 
“Aish!” I exclaimed. “You’re being unfair!” I whined.
 
“Aigoo!” she chuckled. “Aren’t you cute?! Kekekeke. Okay, let’s have a deal then. Let’s both sleep in your bed.”
 
My eyes widen.
 
“We’re just going to sleep, we’re not going to do anything else than that.”
 
“I know that,” I said. “But I don’t trust your hormones. What if they suddenly have a brain on their own and decided that I’m too hot to handle for them? How are you going to handle that, eh?”
 
“Hormones don’t have their own brain,” she said. “And I can assure you that my hormones are way too far in reacting to your hotness.”
 
I hesitated for a moment. But then, I gave in. “Fine,” I said. “Just make sure you have your hormones under control.”
 
“Believe me, my hormones are far too way in losing out of my control.”
 
 
 
And so, we went to bed together. Kyaa! Why does that sound. . . creepy? Eww!
 
“I’ll close the light –”
 
“No!” I said. “I can’t sleep with the lights closed.”
 
“Why?” she asked.
 
“I love being under the spotlight.”
 
“Be serious for once, will you?”
 
“I’m being serious!”
 
“Whatever!” she said and closed the light.
 
As soon as darkness filled the room, my head suddenly felt like it’s going to explode.
 
And the next thing I know, Sandara was hovering above me wearing an anxious face. I groaned as I was momentarily blinded by the light. “What happened?” I asked.
 
She bit her lower lip. “I’m not sure,” she said. “You. . . you. . . sort of. . .I don’t know. . . lost control? Had seizure? I can’t describe it. Then, for a moment, you looked as if. . .you were being tortured or something. Your eyes looked crazed and unfocused. . .”
 
I frowned. “I can’t remember. . .”