Got To Make A Move

Crazy Little Thoughts

 

I tightened my arms around her. She was thin, yes but she was so small that I can’t help but find her adorable and. . . cuddly. She even smelled adorable. I can’t help but chuckle to myself. Since when did I start praising other people? Most especially Sandara Park, whom I’ve considered as my stalker before?
 
“What are you chuckling about?” she asked, her face still buried in my chest.
 
“You,” I answered.
 
She pulled her face away from my chest, making me feel like there’s something missing. She looked up at me with a frown in her face. “Me?” she incredulously asked. “You’re laughing at me?”
 
“No,” I answered, chuckling. “I just find the current situation a bit ironic.”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
I placed one hand on her head and pulled her face to my chest again. “Remember how I used to address you as my stalker?”
 
She chuckled at that. “Yeah.”
 
“I just find it funny that I used to call you that but now, I actually think you’re unbelievably adorable.”
 
She pulled her head up again, a mischievous smile curved her lips while her eyes sparkled with playfulness. “Is that so?” she asked playfully, wiggling her eyebrows at me.
 
“Ya! Don’t do that!”
 
“Why?” she asked, quickly switching to an innocent look now. Aigoo, this girl is a chameleon!
 
“Aish!” I exclaimed, and tried pushing her away from me but she only tightened her arms around me.
 
“Oppa!” she then whined. “Why are you pushing me away?”
 
“Y-ya! What are you on about?” I asked, looking around. It was then that I realized that there were a few people passing by us.
 
HOMHAYGAAWD! My reputation! I can see it turning into dust and being stepped on! Gaaaaaah!
 
“Don’t be mean, oppa!”
 
“YA!” I exclaimed again, trying to pry her arms off of me. Oh boy, she sure has a tight hold. Gah! What am I supposed to do? The girl is whining and crying like a child! Huhuhuhu. This girl can never be trusted! How can she be this unpredictable? I swear, she’s a chameleon or. . . a wild tigress! This girl, she sure does enjoy messing my life. “Ya, stop it already!”
 
“I will if you kiss me!” she said, pouting.
 
My blood dropped to my feet; my soul abandoned me and I feel like life has given up on me. “W-what?!?”
 
“You said you find me adorable! You should kiss me then!”
 
My eyes widened in fear as she puckered her lips and tiptoed. Her face was slowly inching its way towards me. My system totally stopped working. The next thing I knew, I out.
 
 
 
 
 
Someone was my head gently. It was so gentle that I can’t help but sigh in contentment. The person was also holding my hand that’s placed on top of my chest as well. It was soft and smooth. Driven by curiosity, I opened my eyes. a face was hovering above me and there was a strange light surrounding the face that it glowed like a halo. The person must be an angel. I blinked my eyes twice to clear my vision, wanting to get the full detail of the angel’s face. When my vision cleared, a face with an expression too far from being of that an angel greeted me. With wide eyes, I screamed and instantly straightened up. But the act turned out to be stupid because our foreheads bumped into each other, bringing my head back to her lap, to which I belatedly recognized as well.
 
“Oww!”
 
“Ouch, that hurts!”
 
I quickly rolled off her and found out that were still out in the streets. She was sitting in a gutter with her legs stretched out in front of her. I jumped to my feet and massaged my forehead while my other hand tried to feel if I still have my clothes on, I mean, what if she took advantage of me while I was out? Good thing I still have my clothes! Gah, that’s a relief!
 
“Ya!” I called out. “What do you think you’re doing? Harassing me in the middle of the street?”
 
She glared at me, her hand on her forehead.  “I was just playing with you a while ago, who would’ve thought that you’d faint? And besides, you didn’t expect me to carry you all the way to my house, did you?”
 
“What were you doing while I was out then?”
 
“I was taking care of you, of course,” she said. “Did you prefer it if I left you in the middle of the street unconscious?”
 
I didn’t say anything. But I was still suspicious. I better start doing really something to make her and Mikmun back together and then, I can have my Vicky as well. This girl. . . she can drive anyone crazy. I wonder if she’s like this with Mikmun. Maybe this is the real reason why that frog-looking guy broke up with her? She’s just too unpredictable, playful, mischievous and. . . vulnerable and adorable.
 
Eh?
 
Say what?
 
Did I just. . . did I just actually think that she’s vulnerable and adorable? Gah! I should stop being a gentleman to girls. Yes, I’m just being like that. End of story, period!
 
“Help me up,” she called out, stretching her hand towards me. I clicked my tongue and shook my head while walking to her. I grabbed her hand and was about to pull her up when her hand tightened around mine and an evil look played in her eyes and curved her lips. With a force I never expected that she could muster, she pulled me down on her, making her lie on her back on the ground and with me, on top of her. Her arms suddenly went around my neck. My eyes widened as I felt her pulling my head down.
 
Then, out of nowhere, she laughed out loud, in an evil sort of way. “Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha! Look at your face! Hahahahahaha! Aigoo, so funny! Hahahahahahahahahahaha!”
 
She laughing so hard but I just remained on my spot, not moving. It was when I noticed that she’s really not that thin; that she has a fresh breath – it smelled sweet and feminine. There was something with the angle of her head that made it look like she has a halo, her face glowing and her cheeks flushed with pink. She must’ve noticed my silence because she stopped laughing although the ghost of her laughter was still visible in her face. How come I didn’t notice it before? Sandara Park is actually. . . pretty, no. . . she’s not just pretty. She’s beautiful.
 
She stared back at me, still wearing a playful expression. I don’t know what she had seen in my face because the playful smile started fading away. It was replaced with something I can’t quite describe. All I know is that she was staring back at me and I could see my reflection in her eyes. It was then that I noticed that the tips of our noses were touching each other. How did our faces ended up this close? Moreover, when did it become this close?
 
I don’t know. The words just popped up into my mind. The weird thing to that, I wasn’t really sure what were those words for. Where they for the question of how and when our faces ended up this close? Or are those words for something else?
 
And then, she chuckled and gently pushed me away. I didn’t even notice that she pulled her hands away from my neck and placed them instead in my chest to push me away. “I think I had enough teasing you for today, hehe. I mean, you’re feeling a lot better now, aren’t you?”
 
“Yeah,” I nodded slowly.
 
She chuckled again and jumped to her feet. “We better get going.”
 
We started walking again when out of nowhere, she suddenly jumped on my back. “Ya!”
 
“Ah, my legs are cramped because I placed your head on my lap. I think it’s only fair that you carry me home.”
 
“Get down!” I told her.
 
“I don’t want to!”
 
“Aish! Why are you being like this? If other people see us, they might think –”
 
“That’s what I’m aiming for,” she said. “Maybe the news would reach Khunnie’s ears and. . . .” she trailed then turned silent. “Fine, I’ll go down now,” she sighed and jumped off of my back. But she tripped and almost stumbled on down. Good thing she was able to gain balance. “Haha, sorry about that,” she said and started walking ahead of me.
 
I remained on my spot for a few seconds. Then, I followed her. As if on its own accord, my hand reached out for hers, entwining our fingers together. She looked at me with surprise and confusion. “You might trip and stumble,” I told her carelessly, shrugging off.
 
She smiled and squeezed my hand. “Thank you.”
 
“We’re in this together, remember?” I asked, smiling back.
 
She chuckled. “Of course,” she told me. “Don’t worry, you’ll have Victoria pretty soon.”
 
“And you’ll have Mikmun soon enough as well.”
 
“It’s Nickhun,” she emphasized.
 
“Mikmun,” I repeated.
 
“NICKHUN.”
 
“MIKMUN.”
 
She glared at me, stomping her feet childishly. “Nickhun, Jiyong, it’s NICKHUN.”
 
MIKMUN,” I said, puckering my lips.
 
“Aish!” she irritably said. “It’s N-I-C-K-H-U-N, Nickhun!”
 
“M-I-K-M-U-N, Mikmun.”
 
And it went on and on until we reached her house.
 
“Ugh, you’re hopeless!” she sighed but she sounded more tired than irritated.
 
“Hopelessly cute and handsome?”
 
She rolled her eyes but there was a small smile in her lips. “You really are hopeless,” she said again but she sounded amused this time.
 
I just chuckled. “You better get inside.”
 
“Yeah, I should.”
 
Tick tock.
 
“Err, shouldn’t you be getting inside?” I asked awkwardly.
 
“I should but I can’t.”
 
“Why?” I asked.
 
“Err, ‘cause you won’t let go of my hand? I’ve been trying to pull it out form your grasp.”
 
“Oh!” I mumbled and quickly let go of her hand. “And correction! I would let go if you were trying to pull your hand from my grasp! But you didn’t do that, you were enjoying holding hands with me, weren’t you?”
 
“Oh gosh! I got caught!” she dramatically said.
 
“Just get inside,” I told her, laughing at the dramatic expression on her face.
 
“I will. See you tomorrow then?”
 
“Yeah, see you.”
 
She turned around and started pushing their gates open when she stopped and turned back to me again. She smiled, tiptoed and kissed me in the cheek. “Bye, take care on your way home.”
 
I think I just turned into a statue.
 
 
 
 
I arrived home a while later. While on bed, I can’t help but think of Sandara Park, Mikmun and Vicky. I can’t help but think of the current situation I’m in. I thought of the way Sandara Park looked when she was telling me about the story of Mikmun and the way he confessed to her during their trip to that scary bungee jumping place. I closed my eyes and a split image of Sandara Park invaded my mind – a sad face and a playful one. I remembered how disturbed I felt seeing her sad face. I remembered how uneasy I was with her playful look. Well, there’s only one solution to have those split faces turn into a happy one, right? It’s time to unleash the romantic side of the unbelievably handsome Kwon Jiyong.
 
Hahahahahahaha!
 
I’m sure if Vicky would see how romantic I could be, she’ll swoon over me. Hahaha! Then, we’ll be together! Yay!
 
But my happy thoughts suddenly stopped upon remembering Sandara Park. No, I can’t be with Vicky until she gets her Mikmun. Huh! Just wait and see Mikmun guy, I’m gonna make you envy me to the pits of the earth!
 
 
 
 
 
The next day came. I’m probably the very first person to arrive in school. It was still dark when I arrived. And now, students are starting to arrive in numbers. Talks are starting to spread out now. To those who arrived an hour early had gathered around the hall. The girls were whispering to each other while the boys looked curious. I’ve talked to some of the students who arrived early to help me later and they all agreed. Well, I guess Sandara Park was right. My tweety bird looks must have been quite appealing to the girls because they squealed in agreement without hesitation. I just hope Mikmun and Vicky would arrive before Sandara Park does.
 
As if fate was smiling down at me, Mikmun and Vicky did arrive a few minutes later. Mikmun frowned at the scene that greeted him while Vicky looked around in awe. I smiled to myself and felt like patting my back for a job well done.
 
I’ve decorated floor with petals of roses. I mean, the floor’s literally covered with petals. I built up an arch made of white flowers at the middle. There were balloons as well and different small blinking lights. I had curtains cover the windows or any holes to prevent the sunlight to stream through so the lights would sparkle.
 
Amidst the whispers, I suddenly heard a very familiar voice from afar. “What’s going on here?”
 
I can’t help but smile at the annoyed sound of her voice. I could just see the top of her head trying to make her way through the gathered crowd. Then, she finally made her way through, looking flustered and annoyed. With a frown on her face, she looked around. But her expression suddenly changed upon seeing me underneath the arch I’ve made, sitting on a white stool with a guitar on my hand. “I’ve been waiting for you,” I told her through the microphone in front of me. She blinked several times, as if trying to absorb her surroundings. Without wasting another minute, I started strumming the guitar to the chords of Bruno Mars’ Just The Way You Are.
 
I know this is all for a show. I know that she knew this is just a show, just part of our plan to make Vicky and Mikmun jealous. But there was something in her face that made me think that I would not forget this moment even when I get old. There was something in her teary eyes and gentle smile that made this show appear somehow magical.
 
. . . just the way you are. . .” I finished. “Sandara Park, look up,” I said through the mic and gave my cue the students I’ve talked to a while ago. Obediently, she looked up. I stood up from my stool and placed the guitar on the stool. I turned around and looked up as well. One by one, the letter shaped-balloons started going up. The first letter-shaped balloon that went up was the letter P in pink, followed by L, E, A, S and E. Maybe a second or two passed before the blue letter-shaped balloon came up: B and E. the green letter-shaped balloons followed next. They were in the forms of M and Y. And the last letter-shaped balloons with a heart-shaped balloon at the end of the last letter were all in red. The letters were G, I, R and L.
 
PLEASE
BE
MYGIRL
 
 
I smiled to myself. I then turned around to face Sandara Park, to face everyone. The girl was still looking up, transfixed with the balloons. I can hear some girls squealing and some boys whistling. But those sounds didn’t matter. I waited for her to look at me. I waited for her to pull her eyes away from the balloons. And when she did, I smiled at the look on her face. If she was acting, she was doing pretty good at it. She had tears in her eyes and she looked genuinely touched. “So. . .” I said through the mic. “Will you be my girl?”
 
She gave me a soft smile as she started walking towards me. She stopped just in front of me and grabbed the microphone out of my hand. She was about to say something when our principal’s loud, booming voice echoed around the hall. “WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? WHY AREN’T YOU IN YOUR CLASSES? THE SCHOOL BELL RANG A FEW MINUTES AGO!
 
 
 
 
 
I ended up in the principal’s office a while ago and was scolded the whole time. Afterwards, I decided to go to the rooftop since it was already lunch break when the principal set me free. Upon arriving there, I saw Sandara Park sitting on the ground with lunchboxes with her. I walked to her with a smile. “Hungry?” I asked, nodding to her lunchboxes.
 
She rolled her eyes. “Stupid, the other one’s for you.”
 
“Oh, great!” I said. “The principal wore me out, honestly. Tch, I can’t believe he had the guts to scold someone like me. Huh!”
 
“Whatever,” she chuckled.
 
We then started eating in silence. Afterwards, I felt her head on my shoulder. “Thanks for the lunch,” I told her.
 
She didn’t say anything. Silence enveloped us once more.
 
“Jiyong?”
 
“Hmn?”
 
“I haven’t answered your question yet,” she said.
 
“Oh,” I mumbled. “That’s okay. I think I already made an impression to everyone and to Vicky and Mikmun.”
 
“Still,” she said. “I want to answer your question.”
 
“O-kay.”
 
She straightened up and looked at me with a smile on her face. “Kwon Jiyong,” she said. “Sandara Park is informing you that she wants to be your girl.”