A Revelation

Crazy Little Thoughts

 

I was all smiles as I was on my way to my room. The look on my uncle’s face when I told him I remembered where my room was could only be spelled as E-P-I-C!
 
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
 
If this was a film, instead of being action or drama, this would have been a comedy! Ah, I wanted to laugh out loud but I have to stop myself. I am a person of fine manners and grace.  I don’t break under pressure, I always am under control and calm. With a satisfied smile on my face, I continued heading towards my room with grace when I suddenly heard squeaky sounds. I stopped and looked around.
 
Eeehhh? What was that?
 
When I saw nothing, I shrugged it off and was about to take a step forward when I heard the squeaky sound again. It sounded like it came from. . . I looked down and saw a mouse as tiny as my thumb staring at me with menacing eyes. I suddenly felt like my soul parted with my body and flew somewhere safe. I took a step back when the tiny mouse made a squeaky sound again and moved forward. My heart was beating so fast inside my chest I feel like I’m going to faint anytime soon.
 
When the mouse moved forward again, I wasn’t able to stop myself. I screamed at the top of my lungs, turned around and ran away with the mouse trailing behind me. “Heeeeeeeellllllppppppppppppppp meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!” I screamed at the top of my lungs.
 
“Jiyong!” I heard Taeyeon called. “Are you okay?”
 
I started heading towards the direction where I heard her voice. I saw her after a moment, heading my way with a worried frown on her face. “Taeyeoon!!” I whined and went behind her. I wrapped my arms and legs around her and she almost stumbled if she wasn’t able to lean her hands against the wall. “A mouse is chasing me!”
 
“A what?” she asked.
 
“A mouse! It was glaring at me!”
 
There was silence and then she laughed. She laughed so hard that we actually stumbled on the floor.
 
 
Minutes later, Taeyeon was still laughing and I can’t help but pout. Even the bravest people would have something to fear about! How can she laugh at me like that?! Hmph!
 
“Seriously, Jiyong! You got scared over a mouse as tiny as your thumb? Hahahahahahahaha! You could have killed it by just stepping on it!”
 
I gasped, my eyes wide. “I’m not a killer! How could you even think of me that way? I can’t even hurt a mosquito!”
 
Taeyeon just laughed at me.
 
“I thought you’re my friend! You should be comforting me instead of laughing at me!”
 
“I’m sorry,” she said. “I just can’t. . . bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!”
 
I glared at her as she laughed relentlessly while rolling on the floor. With a stomp, I walked away and went to my room, banging the door closed behind me. I dropped myself on the bed and closed my eyes. What should I do next then? Seriously, I don’t have that much of an idea on what to do next. I’ve already had Kang look for the family lawyer. I’m not really expecting that Kang will be able to get some information from the person especially if Uncle has bribed him to shut up already. The vitamins that uncle gave me will be checked later on as well. I’ve already given instructions to the others about it.
 
Ugh! This is making my head ache! All I want is to remember my past, to understand why I act the way I do sometimes. I was in that thought when an image suddenly flashed in my mind. I sat up so quickly that it made me dizzy for a moment. I remember my mom and her diary. She has a collection of diaries that she kept in her room.
 
I stood up immediately. I have to get those diaries. I’ve never felt this anxious and. . . scared in my life before. I almost ran to my parents’ room only to find it. . . different. It wasn’t the same room as before. It looked like an office now. With hesitant steps, I went inside. A row of bookshelves at the far right end corner of the room stood with an office desk and a swivel chair in front of it. There were folders, papers and books on the desk that were neatly filed. As if mesmerized, I walked towards the desk in a daze. I went through the folders and papers on the table but found nothing unusual. They were mostly about financial reports and marketing strategies of the shipping line as well as the laboratory. There was one folder that I found interesting but not helpful. It seemed that my uncle ventured into pharmacies as well according to the papers I have. Not finding anything helpful, I went through the drawers and found nothing at well, except for a photograph, a family photograph. I stared at it and felt my head throbbed again. I pocketed the picture and decided to stare at it later as it’s making my head ache and I can’t afford that right now.
 
I turned to the bookshelves and checked the titles of the books. It was mostly about business, medicine and a few literary works of fiction. I went through all the titles and found nothing extraordinary until I came up with a black book that doesn’t have a title on it. With a frown, I reached out for it and started pulling it off of the shelf when I heard a crack followed by a rumbling sound.
 
Whoa.
 
My mouth fell in awe the same time the book slipped through my finger as the bookshelves parted in the middle and revealed another room. Wow, I feel like I’m in a movie, right now! Maybe I should seriously consider being an actor! The signs are showing themselves to me! Ah, but if I’m going to pursue acting, what will happen to Ian Somerhalder or Zac Efron or Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt or Alex Pettyfer? How about Robert Pattinson? And surely, Justin Bieber would be devastated if his fans abandon him because of me? Of course I don’t want that to happen! I’m a kind-hearted and giving person. I don’t want to be the cause of someone else’s loss. Although the world’s going to miss a talented person like me, I think it’s for the best to just be a normal person.
 
Oh well, that’s life. You can’t always get what you want. Sometimes, you want something too much that it’ll make you desperate to have it and when you do have it, you’ll realize that it’s not as important as you think it is. Sometimes, the smallest and littlest things are what matters the most.
 
Hahahahahaha.
 
Maybe I should consider being a philosopher. I’m such a wise person.
 
Aha! Or better yet, I should be a detective! I wouldn’t discover this hidden room if I don’t have it in me to be a detective. Speaking of detective, it’s time for me to look into what’s inside this hidden room.
 
A few steps of stairs greeted me and so, I descended and looked here and there. Bricked walls surrounded me. I looked here and there and was able to catch a glimpse of a switch. I turned it on. The moment the light , the bookshelves closed in on me. I swallowed hard and tried to ignore and deny the fear building up inside my chest. Have I been claustrophobic? I can’t remember but I do feel like one right now.
 
I walked ahead and saw a door. I hesitated for a moment before reaching out for the knob. I took a deep breath and was about to pull it open when I backed out. Ah, this is scary!
 
I started pacing back and forth, thinking if I should open the door or not. What if. . . what if it’s a room full of mice? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh! I’m going to faint if that’s the case.
 
But, I should have heard squeaky sounds already!
 
Wait, what if the room’s full of snakes?! Kyaaaaaa!
 
Spiders?
 
Cockroaches?
 
Ants?
 
My goodness, my heart’s going to die on its own if any of those are inside that room.
 
But. . . but. . . what if my mother’s diaries are inside that room and it’s surrounded with trolls and giant spiders and moving plants?
 
Wait, that’s Harry Potter. Aigoo, my imagination’s getting the best out of me again!
 
I took a deep breath. If there will be rats in there, I can just scream right? With determination this time, I went to reach the knob of the door again. My hand encircled the tiny thing. When I pulled it open, I anxiously waited for something to attack me or worst, see some creatures inside. But nothing came close to my assumption.
 
Beyond the door lies another room, a windowless bedroom to be exact. The walls were painted yellow. A bed was shoved at the far end corner of the room. My heart gave a jolt when I saw a person, a woman, sitting there facing the wall. She was wearing a red night gown and she had her head thrown up and she was whispering.
 
I hesitated for a moment but then, I took a risk in stepping inside the room. I looked around and saw a tiny table opposite the bed with books on top of it. I froze when the woman stopped whispering. She started humming this time. A frown marred my forehead. There was something very familiar about the tune. I didn’t move as I listened to the woman’s humming. My eyes blinked rapidly as I feel like I’m being lulled to sleep. I shook my head to drive the sleepiness away. It was then that I realized why the tune sounded familiar.
 
It was my mother’s lullaby song.
 
With my heartbeat rapidly increasing by the minute, I took a few steps closer towards the bed. There’s this nasty thought in my head about the identity of the woman but I strongly denied it. My mother’s dead. She can’t be my mother, can she?
 
I opened my mouth to call her attention but my throat was too tight that no sound came out. I realized I was too scared to even speak or move. My head was spinning for some unknown reason and it’s a miracle to me that I’m still up and standing. I took an unsteady and audible breath that made the woman stopped humming. Her head was no longer thrown up. She started whispering to herself again, this time, she sounded angry and scared. As if in slow motion, she turned around the bed and faced me.
 
Eyes of clear brown met mine.
 
I felt like the time has stopped.
 
I felt like my heart stopped beating.
 
I felt like I’m merely an existence with no physical being, no body. I can’t feel any of my limbs or any part of me. I feel like I’m floating.
 
The woman’s head tilted to the side. “You’re not him,” she whispered, then smiled.
 
I felt something hot and warm in my cheeks. My tears were uncontrollable. I still can’t move or speak. I just stared at her with tears blurring my vision.
 
“Why are you crying?” she softly asked.
 
“I. . .” I tried to speak but my throat was too tight and hot for the emotion I’m feeling right now.
 
“Hmmm?” she murmured. “Are you crying because you feel sorry for me?”
 
I shook my head.
 
“You’re lying!” she suddenly shouted, her eyes ablaze with anger. “You’re one of them, aren’t you? You’re one of the demons who drove my child away!”
 
“No. . . .” I whispered.
 
The look on her face suddenly changed. She now stared at me like she’s some sort of a guardian angel rather than the woman blazing with fire from anger a while ago. Then, she started laughing. “My child. . . my child is still alive, isn’t he? You can’t kill him until he turns the right age to inherit everything! Hahahahahahahaha! I’m not going to tell you how old he is right now! You don’t have to know that!”
 
“I do know how old he is. . .”
 
The laughter in her face instantly died away and I regretted what I said as now, she looked so afraid that her eyes were about to pop out from their sockets. She jumped from her bed and thinking that she was going to attack me, I stepped back. But then, she went down to her knees and hugged my knees. “Don’t. . .” she begged. “Please don’t kill my son! Please! Not Jiyong, not my baby. . . not my baby Jiyong, please! Take me instead!”
 
“No. . . I’m not here to –”
 
She suddenly stood up and gripped my arms. Her grip was so tight I feel like the blood stopped running in my arms. She looked at me with crazed and determined eyes. “I’ll do anything!” she whispered a bit urgently and desperately. “I’ll do anything! I’ll make all the drugs you want! You can use my body anytime you want! You can lavish all our money you want! Just don’t kill my Jiyong!”
 
To my surprise, she took a step back and took off her night gown. I looked away at once and took a step back. “No. . .”
 
“Take me!” she said and jumped on me. I held her by the shoulder firmly and kept her at an arm’s length. “Take me!
 
“Mom, stop!” I shouted.
 
My mother stopped and stared at me. “What. . . what did you call me?”
 
“Mom. . .”
 
She laughed. “My son is dead!” she said.
 
“No, I’m not.”
 
She stepped away from me, laughing while pointing a hand at me. “My son is dead! My son is dead! My son is dead!”
 
I took the blanket from the bed and wrapped it around her. I pulled her into my arms and hugged her so tight. I buried my face in her neck and cried. This is far from what I was expecting to see. I was happy to see her alive but somehow, I can’t rejoice. “Mom. . . what happened to you?”
 
“My son. . . he’s dead. . .”
 
I pulled away from her. “No, I’m not dead. Mom, listen. I’m Kwon Jiyong, I’m your son.”
 
“My son is dead. . .”
 
“No, Mom… it’s me!” I desperately begged.
 
She looked at me. We stared at each other for a few moments until she suddenly screamed at me. “You murderer! How could you kill your father? How could you kill your grandparents? How could you let him use and abuse me for so long?!”
 
“Mom! I didn’t kill anyone!”
 
“Yes, you did!” she screamed at me.
 
“No, I didn’t! Mom, Uncle lied to you! I didn’t kill anyone!”
 
“Don’t lie to your mother, Jiyong,” a new voice joined in.
 
I turned around instantly and saw my uncle at the doorway. My eyes widened when I saw my mother ran to him and hid behind his back. “My murderer son is back!” she whispered.
 
I balled my fists. “You lied to her!”
 
“No, I didn’t. . .” he quietly said. “You did kill your parents and grandparents, Jiyong.”
 
I laughed. “No, I didn’t but you did.”
 
He shook his head with a grave expression. “Do you want me to remind you?”
 
“There’s nothing to remind!”
 
“Have you ever wondered why you can’t remember everything in your past?” he softly asked. “It’s because me and your mother planned it so. You were found guilty poisoning your father and grandparents but since you were a child, you can’t be put into jail, can you? Your mother developed a medicine to suppress some of your memories to tame your evil side.”
 
“That’s a lie!” I whispered. But then, a memory of me putting something into my father’s drink and food flashed in my head.
 
“I only wanted to protect you, Jiyong.”
 
No, that can’t be. . .
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
------------
A/N:
 
A bit more of the serious side for this chappie, kkkkk
 
Sorry for the long wait guys, tehee. I don't have any excuses. I'm just being controlled by my laziness, LMAO.
 
Anyhoo!
 
Two more chappies and this story will be completed.
 
I want to thank everyone in advance who will be keeping up to this story up until the end.
I want to thank everyone as well for making it possible for tweety bird and firefly's story be featured in AFF.
Thank you to all banner whippers! I love you!
Thank you to all subscribers and comments for this story! You're my source of inspiration!
 
Thank you everyone!
 
 
 
hagocimit
Sandara Park Is My Muse
Kwon Jiyong Is My Prince
Choi Seunghyun Is My Bigbang Bias
DaraGon is my OTP
DaraYang Is My Refuge
TabiSan Is My First Love
DaraHae Is My Secret
PandaRa Is My Pet
YOUR FOREVER LAZY DARAGON FANFIC AUTHOR! (that's me!)
ppyong!