Here It Is

Crazy Little Thoughts

 

Kang raised his brows at me. “Did you cry?”
 
“Of course not!” I denied.
 
“What’s with the puffy red eyes then?”
 
“He’s heartbroken,” Taeyeon then said.
 
“Ya!”
 
“What? It’s the truth. . .” she said, shrugging.
 
“But you shouldn’t have broadcasted it out loud,” I said, pouting.
 
“I say,” Taeyeon said, “let’s give him a week to recover.”
 
“I don’t need a week.”
 
“Heard him crying last night,” Kang said as if he didn’t hear me. “Maybe we should give him a month.”
 
I felt myself turned red. “Ya!”
 
“Look, Jiyong,” Kang said. “We’ve been trying to work on our plan for hours now but you’re preoccupied. Look, we don’t really have to rush things. Let’s take time in thinking through on what we’re supposed to do. But for the meantime, try to rest.”
 
I sighed. “I would prefer to have something to do, it will distract me.”
 
“That’s called escaping,” Taeyeon said. “Heard of that word before?”
 
I grimaced. “I’m not escaping.”
 
“It is to me,” she said. “If we continue trying to talk about the plan, you’ll get distracted from thinking that she’s marrying a different man, yes. But after that, you’ll still end up thinking about it.”
 
I grimaced as they made fun of me. “You don’t understand,” I burst. “Dara is my first love. She’s not like any other girls! She’s different, she’s special, she’s unique! She’s - !”
 
“You make her sound so perfect,” Taeyeon interrupted.
 
“SHE IS!” I exclaimed. “She is perfect for me! And I was so stupid not to see that at first! I thought I was in love with someone else but it was just an infatuation and when I realized I was in love with Dara, I can no longer stay with her! She doesn’t deserve someone who’s mentally unstable and was stupid enough to just leave her like that without telling her how I really feel! Now, it’s too late! She’s getting married to someone else! That guy doesn’t even deserve her! He broke her heart before and she was really devastated. . . . .”
 
“Hey, hey, hey. . .” Taeyeon interrupted with her hands up in the air as if in surrender. “Can you please pause for a second and take a deep breath?”
 
I did as what I was told. I didn’t realize I was ranting without pausing to breathe. “Now what?”
 
“Your uncle left,” Kang said. “He said your school called him, telling him you’ve gone missing so he’s on his way to –”
 
“Oh no!” I whispered, my eyes widening. “Dara reported I was missing and I told her I’m with uncle.”
 
“Call her,” Taeyeon suggested.
 
“Why?”
 
“Well, you have two choices,” she said. “It’s either you’re going to tell her the truth, that you’re hiding from your uncle or it’s either you’re going to tell her that you lied in saying that you’re visiting your uncle.”
 
“But. . . what should I tell her then if I’m going to choose the second one?”
 
There was a pause. “Leave it to me,” Taeyeon winked.
 
“Y-you call her then!”
 
She rolled her eyes. “You need to talk to her first,” she said. “If I’m going to talk to her directly, chances are, she won’t believe, would she?”
 
Hearing Dara’s voice again was so tempting but would I be able to handle the heartbreak again? I don’t even know if I would have the strength to even whisper a word. “I. . . I don’t think I can,” I said. “I might end up asking, no begging her not to marry him.”
 
“Well, if that’s the case,” Kang said. “Let’s just wait for your uncle to be back. Surely, he’ll find it weird that you told her you’re with him when he doesn’t even know you’re here.”
 
“Don’t worry,” Taeyeon said, placing a hand on my shoulder. “I’ll take the phone away from you after you’ve greeted her.”
 
My finger fiddled on number 1. Well, I got her number on speed dial 1 while my uncle’s on speed dial 2. Their numbers are the only ones I’ve got saved up in my phone, anyways.
 
“I can’t!” I whined. “I’ll end up begging her not to marry him and I can’t have her right now especially with what’s going in my life right now!”
 
“Well,” Taeyeon shrugged. “If you prefer it that way, then face the consequences.”
 
“Fine!” I pouted and I pressed number 1. My heart started beating so loud inside my chest when the other line started ringing. I silently hoped that Dara would answer the phone, not the frog. My heart stilled when the ringing on the other line stopped and a very familiar voice entered my ears. The moment I heard her voice whispering my name, I suddenly asked myself, what was I doing here? Why was I not with her right now? Why am I not doing anything to stop her from marrying that frog? That frog doesn’t and didn’t deserve her! He hurt her!
 
“Dara. . .” I whispered.
 
There was silence and then, “WHAT DO YOU THINK ARE YOU DOING?!?” she screamed. “AFTER EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED BETWEEN US, YOU JUST LEFT LIKE THAT?! HOW COULD YOU, YOU STUPID LITTLE TWEETY BIRD! IF YOU DON’T DARE COME BACK HERE AND EXPLAIN EVERYTHING, I’M GOING TO –”
 
I’ll-come-back-on-one-condition-and-one-condition-only-you’re-not-allowed-to-marry-that-Mikmun-frog-how-can-you-marry-a-frog-who-hurt-you-and-are-you-really-that-stupid-to-think-that-I-don’t-remember-everything-that-happened-especially-the-kisses-
 
The phone was stolen from me, I didn’t even realize I saying everything without pausing or taking a breath. I saw Taeyeon staring at me with her eyes widen opened. I panicked and tried to steal the phone away from her that it ended up flying against the wall, all smashed up. I stood up. “I have to stop her from marrying him,” I whispered and went to ran off even before anyone could stop me.
 
I was on my way to the gates when a car drove in and stopped just in front of me. I tried to look for a way through it but then, the door opened and my uncle stepped out.
 
“Jiyong!”
 
I stood for a moment, unsure of what to do. “Uncle!” I greeted enthusiastically and gave him a hug. “Surprise! Haha, you’re surprised, eh? I missed you uncle! It’s good to see you again!”
 
My mind started to work double time as my body was itching to just let go of my uncle and ran to Dara. I know I’m going to regret it but. . . since it’s already here, I have to choose facing my uncle first.
 
“What are you doing here? I’ve received a call from –”
 
“Uncle,” I cut him off. “It was just some girl who’s head over heels in love with me trying to make me return there so she could stalk me. I am so handsome, eh? HAHAHAHAHA!”
 
“You should have informed me you’ll come here. I would have prepared something for you to welcome you,” he said. “How did you remember how to go this place?”
 
A frown was threatening to appear on my face but I tried to stop it by flashing my most innocent smile. “This is my home, uncle! Of course I remember how to go here, hahahahaha!”
 
He knew!
 
He stopped for a while. “W-what did you just call this place?” he asked.
 
“Eh?” I asked, laughing. “My home, uncle. Tsk, aigoo, you’re probably tired. Let’s go inside so you can rest. Then, I want to talk to you about my parents,” I told him.
 
“What about them?” he asked at once.
 
“I just can’t remember them that much,” I shrugged. “It’s kind of weird how I can’t remember them at all, don’t you think?”
 
“You were still young when they died,” he said. “Childhood memories do not retain that long.”
 
“That’s why I want to remember them, uncle,” I said, smacking my lips. I know uncle would not tell me the truth directly himself but I’m going to wring it out from him, slowly, without him even realizing it or I could work it out with the others.
 
No matter what, I’m going to find out the truth.
 
I might have to change my plans. First, I need to know what those tablets or “vitamins” were for. But I need to have it checked with someone who isn’t under my uncle’s influence. Then, I need to talk to our family’s lawyer as well. I should learn how to stand up and fight for myself first before I could fight for others. Yes, once I’m done here, I’m going to get Dara back from that frog – by hook or by crook!
 
Now that I’ve remember my life is in jeopardy, I can’t allow Dara to be part of it. Maybe, it’s a blessing in disguise that uncle came just before I go and do a stupid thing that might endanger her.
 
But the frog should not be too confident because tweety bird is gonna paint the town yellow pretty soon with my firefly.
 
 
 
 
I could tell uncle was trying to act normal. I tried to act normal as well, just telling him random stuff. I didn’t ask or mention anything about my parents as well. Uncle’s been very cautious the whole time we were conversing. Time passed and dinner came. The helpers eyed me questioningly but I tried to assure them that I got this, I will handle this. I have to.
 
I stretched out my arms lazily and faked a yawn. “Uncle, I feel so sleepy. Can I use one of the rooms now?”
 
“Why?”
 
“Erm. . . well, sleeping in the servants’ quarters fine with me but. . . it’s been a while since I’ve been here, I kind of missed it. I want to sleep in my room, my old room.”
 
My uncle gave me a long look. I just gave him a grin. He then clapped a hand and gestured a maid forward. “Kindly lead him to –”
 
“I remember where my room is, uncle,” I told him.
 
He froze and I swear, he paled! Now, this will be interesting.
 
 
 
 
 
 
-------
Around 2-3 Chapters more to go guys. Huhuhu...
Many thanks, as always!
 
Poll Poll Poll