Holding Hands

Crazy Little Thoughts

 

I stared at her for a long time, dumbfounded. But then, I just found myself laughing. “Aigoo!” I told her. “That would have been a bomb! Too bad the principal intervened! I could just imagine Mikmun’s face if you’re going to say that and –”
 
“It’s Nickhun,” she tiredly whispered.
 
“Anyways,” I said. “I think we should prolong the courting act, so Vicky would see how romantic I am, hahaha. I’m pretty sure after the show a while ago, she’s having second thoughts with the guy. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”
                                                                     
When I didn’t receive any response, I glanced at the girl and saw her leaning against the wall and looking up at the sky. There was something in her face that I could not comprehend. Ooh, is she having second thoughts with Mikmun as well? Aha, that’s it! maybe she’s starting to think that I’m more romantic than Mikmun and she’s starting to think that I’m much better than that guy! Ah, this could not be! We had a deal, she should stick with it.
 
“Ya!” I called her attention. “You can’t have second thoughts!”
 
She blinked and looked at me as if she just noticed I’m beside her. “What?”
 
“You can’t have second thoughts!” I said. “We had a deal.”
 
“What second thoughts are you talking about?” she asked.
 
“I’m having this feeling that you’re having second thoughts with Mikmun because of what I did earlier. Well, aside from better looking than Mikmun, I think I’m more sweet and romantic and cute and charming and – aw!”
 
I caressed the part of my head which she whacked. “Don’t be stupid!”
 
“Ya!” I protested. “How dare you call the great Kwon Jiyong stupid?!”
 
She just rolled her eyes. “By the way, were you really playing the guitar or you were just playing the music along and moved your fingers with it?”
 
“Wow,” I said. “You’ve just insulted me. You should know by now how talented I am, it’s just that I don’t show it much to people. I’m already perfectly handsome. If I show how talented I am, people might think that life is unfair and they might start thinking of suicide. I don’t want the burden of that.”
 
There was silence for a moment. Then, out of nowhere, she burst out laughing. She was laughing hysterically and with a high-pitch voice that would make anyone cringe. Before, I would have felt disgusted with it and think that the girl does not know the word poise and manners. But looking at Sandara Park almost rolling on the ground with laughter while clutching her tummy made me smile – the reason to that is that, I know her laughter’s real. It’s not a forced laugh. “I’m going to miss that,” I heard myself say. I paused and frowned a bit, surprised with the words that came out from my mouth.
 
“Eh? What?”
 
“Nothing,” I said.
 
“No, I heard you.”
 
I rolled my eyes. “Then why ask if you heard it?”
 
“I meant to ask why.
 
I didn’t answer for a while. Why? Why did I say that in the first place? I feel like there’s another person inside me. “Well,” I said. “I mean, if you and Mikmun will get back together and me and Vicky will be together as well, we would not be able to do things like these, would we?”
 
The laughter in her face started to mellow down as she straightened herself up. “Yeah, you’re right,” she said after a while.
 
Another minute of silence engulfed us. To my surprise, I felt her head on my shoulder. I froze and stared out far with wide eyes. Omo, omo, omo. What is going on? Aigoo, Sandara Park is taking advantage of me again!”
 
“Do you think you’ll miss me as well?” she asked.
 
“Eh?” I mumbled. “We’re still going to see each other here at school, anyways.”
 
“I know Victoria,” she said. “She can be pretty jealous.”
 
“Well, I would not give her any reason to be jealous of another girl. She’s all I want so there’s no need for me to look around.”
 
“I see,” she said.
 
“Ya!” I said. “What’s with this seriousness?”
 
“You started it!” she said. Based on the tone of her voice, I could just imagine her pouting. When I took a peek, I found out I was right. She was pouting!
 
I patted her head and chuckled. “Don’t miss my handsome face that much, eh?”
 
She chuckled back. “Conceited,” she said then sighed. “How did you learn to play guitar?” she then asked.
 
“I’m naturally talented,” I replied. Well, it’s the truth. “Name every skill you want, I can do them with no sweat.”
 
“Delusional,” she chuckled.
 
“I’m telling the truth!” I said. I am offended! How can this talentless girl insult a person such as myself? Huh! She doesn’t know who she’s talking to!
 
“Whatever,” she said.
 
“Do I look like a liar to you?” I asked her. “I can do everything! But I’m really proud of how I can write lyrics and poems! Although of course I’m proud of my other skills but writing is my favorite skill!”
 
“You write poems and lyrics?”
 
“I just said that, didn’t I?”
 
“I don’t believe you,” she said, her eyes narrowed as she looked up at me.
 
Eh? She doesn’t believe me?
 
EH?!
 
This is an insult! How dare she humiliate my skills! Huh, I’ll show her! Ooh, I’ll show her how talented I am when it comes to writing! With narrowed eyes, I looked at back at her. “Did you just insult me?”
 
She shrugged. “Prove it then.”
 
“Oh, I will!” I declared. “Just wait, I have a poem here which I wrote for just a minute, one minute.” I pulled my bag and looked for the piece of paper where I wrote my poem. “Oh, here it is.”
 
“Let me see,” Sandara Park said, snatching the paper from my hand. “Oh, Jiyong,” she read. She then glanced at me. “You’ve entitled the poem with Oh Jiyong?”
 
“Well, it’s my poem, isn’t it?”
 
She shook her head and glanced back down on the paper. “Oh Jiyong, Oh Jiyong you handsome lad,” she read then stopped. With a grimace, she gave me back the paper and stood up, mumbling something in between stupid and conceited.
 
“Ya!” I called. “Where are you going?!”
 
“To my classes,” she replied without glancing back to me.
 
Eh? What’s wrong with her? Tch, women – they have a lot of mood swings!
 
 
 
 
 
Classes ended. I was waiting for Sandara Park at the school gate. Of course, I had to play the perfect prince charming for her, hehe. Ooh, I hope Vicky would see this as well. Sandara Park smiled at me brightly upon seeing me. “Hey,” she greeted the moment she reached me.
 
“Hey,” I smiled brightly back.
 
“Ahm, what are you doing here?” she asked. There was shyness with the way she was talking and I was about to tell her off when I’ve noticed the other students looking at us. Oh, she’s playing.
 
“Waiting for you, of course,” I said in a loud-enough voice for the others to hear.
 
“Oh, why?”
 
“I’ll walk you home, of course. Did you expect me to let someone as pretty as you walk home all by yourself?”
 
She gave me a look that clearly says I think you’re going overboard. But the nearby students seemed to think otherwise, especially the girls. But Sandara Park played it cool by chuckling demurely. “That’s so sweet of you,” she said.
 
“Anything for you,” I said. Eww, I think that was too cheesy.
 
We casually talk as we walked since there were other students walking with us. I asked her about her day, about her classes, etc. It was a casual conversation. But as I listened to her, I realized that there was more to Sandara Park than being my ex-stalker and my accomplice right now. I think I now understand why Mikmun fell for her before. I’m not sure if it’s just her aura but there’s something luring about her – it’s like she’s glowing or she has this bright aura that you can’t resist
 
“You’re beautiful,” I told her. She then stopped talking, even stopped walking. She glanced at me with a surprise look in her face.
 
But then, she rolled her eyes and said, “You’ve just noticed? I already knew that ever since I was born,” she finished with a laugh. She then started walking ahead of me.
 
I watched her walk with her soft laughter lingering in the air. Then, she almost tripped again – good thing she was able to regain her balance. I walked over to her and took her hand. “Let me hold your hand, you might tripped again.”
 
She glanced up at me with a frown on her face. “But you said we're supposed to be on the courting stage of the act.”
 
“Oh right, I forgot about that,” I chuckled and let go of her hand. We then walked in silence. But then, she joined our hands together again.
 
“It's pretty late anyways and no one's around so it would be safe if we hold hands. No one will see.”
 
The silence between us was deafening but it was comfortable. As we reached her house, we bid farewell to each other but she just stood in her spot. “My hand,” she said, chuckling.
 
“Oh!” I mumbled and let go of her hand quickly.
 
“See you tomorrow,” she said.
 
“See you,” I nodded. With a small smile, she tiptoed and gave me a peck on the cheek. I’m beginning to think that it’s becoming a habit of hers. My innocent cheek is now corrupted, again!
 
With a shake of my head, I started walking home. It was already six in the evening when I arrived. As I was drinking a glass of water, I heard the doorbell rang. Eh? Who could that be? I walked to the door and was surprised to see Sandara Park standing in front of my door. “What are you –?”
 
“I just thought of bringing you dinner,” she said. She then pushed a paper bag to my hand then ran away with a wave of her hand.
 
“You –,” I muttered but she was already gone. Eh? What was that? She came all the way here just to give me this? Tch, that girl. Nevertheless, I was grateful. I’m pretty hungry and I don’t really cook that much, although of course I can be the best chef in the world if I want to.
 
Later that night, after eating dinner and as I was preparing for sleep, I can’t help but smile to myself. And then, an idea just popped up into my mind. I stood up and went to my study table. I took out a pen and a paper. I started writing down. As soon as I was finished, I took the guitar beside my table and started strumming.
 
 
 
 
 
The following day, at lunch time, I went to the school’s broadcast station. I talked to the professor there and the person in charge for almost half an hour. After using my ultimate, undeniable and irresistible charms, they finally agreed to what I was requesting. I jumped and hugged them both in gratefulness, much to their disapproval.
 
“Ten minutes only,” they reminded me.
 
“Yes,” I nodded. “That’s all I need.”
 
I stepped into the studio with my guitar and a paper. I cleared my throat first before speaking on the microphone. “Hello, mic test.”
 
 
----
 
Omo, omo, omo!
 
HAPPY 3RD YEAR ANNIVERSARY APPLERS!!!
 
Aigoo! We should all give thanks to the DGH admins, fanvid-makers especially to ryelsi7 who turned me to an Appler, banner whippers, all fanfic writers for spreading DARAGON love. And of course, to all APPLERS around the world! Wow, it's been three years! Keep spreading Daragon love, guys!
 
I, on the other hand would like to personally thank everyone for supporting me. TBP, CLT and TOW turned a year old this month. I never had an ongoing fic ran this long, sorry about that. I'll try to post the remaining chapters before the year ends, LOL. Also, I would like to thank those people who exerted effort in making banners and creating vids for my fics; to those who read my fics and shared it with others (forcing friends, cousins, etc to read my fics - LOL); to those who shared their thoughts with me by leaving comments. I appreciate it a lot! Thank you guys!
 
Huhuhu, I love y'all!