Listless

Crazy Little Thoughts
“I think you’re just not confident to act your part well” Sandara Park said in a mocking tone.
 
She leisurely welcomed herself in. she looked so cozy and comfy sitting on my couch with her arms across her chest and an arrogant smirk on her face. I already told her no countless of times a while a go but she seemed unperturbed by it! Gosh! She doesn’t know how to give up just like that, either! What’s wrong with her? Jeez, I think she’s C-R-A-Z-Y. And now, she got the guts to QUESTION my ACTING ABILITIES?!? Bwoh! Did mine ears deceive me? Me, Kwon Jiyong is not confident to play my part well? ME??? Seriously? How dare her question my talents and abilities when she can’t even do half of what I can (well, that’s what I think. I’m pretty sure about it, though). That right there is an insult! Grr, she’s challenging me! Oh, someone stop me right now! I might just mince her to pieces!
 
“You don’t know who you’re dealing with, Sandara Park” I told her as darkly as I can. “Me? Not confident? You might be surprised with how good and talented I am!”
 
“Let’s put it to a test, then” she said. “If you’re really. . . talented as what you said, then it’d be easy for you to act as my admirer”
 
“Me? Act as your ADMIRER?!” I almost screamed in disbelief. “Maybe we should set things straight here first. If we’re to make Victoria and Mikmun jea-.”
 
“Nickhun” she corrected.
 
“What?” I asked blankly, blinking.
 
“His name’s Nickhun, not Mikmun”
 
“Aha! I knew it! I got a feeling I got his name was wrong and I’m right” I chuckled lightly. “But you can’t blame me, can you? He’s so easy to forget, not worth a second look. Anyway, if we’re to make Victoria and Mik- I mean Nickhun jealous; shouldn’t YOU be the one acting as MY admirer and not the other way around? I mean, we have to present a BELIEVABLE story and me acting as your suitor is SO UNBELIEVABLE”
 
She was speechless. She just blinked at me. Hahaha. Obviously, she’s dumbfounded what I said. Yes, I’m a genius, I know. Judging by the look on her face, I could tell what’s going inside her mind. She’s thinking: ‘wow. Why didn’t I think of that plan first? It makes sense. Me, acting as his admirer seemed BELIEVABLE. I mean, he’s Kwon Jiyong. He doesn’t easily get attracted with girls. He GOT some STANDARDS. And besides, I AM his admirer so it would be easy on my part.’
 
Yes, that’s what she’s thinking right now.
 
Out of nowhere, she burs tout laughing. Yes, I think she’s rejoicing the brilliant plan of Kwon Jiyong. But then again she sounds disturbing. It’s so official. Sandara Park is C-R-A-Z-Y. What planet is she from? Jeez, she should return there and never visit earth again. She is SCARY!
 
“Omo. . .!” she laughed while holding her stomach. “Omo, omo, omo. . . HAHAHAHA! Aigoo!”
 
I grimaced. “Are you in any way. . . crazy?”
 
She laughed harder. I suddenly had another round of goosebumps. Stupid me! Asking her that question was like asking a drunk person if he or she was drunk already. I mean, why ask the obvious? Ah, my brain, what’s happening to you?
 
I can’t help but feel a bit disgusted at how Sandara Park’s laughing her head off. I mean, I don’t find anything funny with what I said. So why was she laughing?
 
“This is such a waste of time” I told her. “I’d rather be in my bed right now and have some daydreams about Victoria than listen to your horrible and unladylike laughter”
 
“I-I’m s-sorry” she laughed. “I c-can’t help it. . . haha. . . you’re so funny. . . aigoo. . . hahaha. . . give m-me. . . a few m-more. . . haha. . . minutes to settle down”
 
I don’t know why I’m tolerating this. But a few minutes later, she stopped laughing. When she looked at me though, she started laughing again. Jeez, she doesn’t know how to stop, does she?
 
“Ah. . .” she breathed. “Sorry, I just, hahaha. Aigoo. If I knew you were this finny, I should have turned to you when I need a good laugh in my life, oh never mind”
 
I’m glad she sensed that I’m not interested with her past relationships or breakups with Mikmun, oh, I mean Nickhun. “Are you done laughing now?”
 
“Yeah” she nodded, chuckling a little. “So. . . do we have a deal?”
 
My eyes narrowed. “I’m a talented actor. I don’t act without TALENT FEE”
 
She rolled her eyes. “Your makeover will be charge on me”
 
“I don’t need a makeover” I scowled.
 
“Trust me, you do. Look Jiyong, if you really want to get Victoria, you have to take a girl’s advice for it. GIRLS usually have the same ideal guy, ideal dates, etc so you’ll have to listen to me. I’ll help you out, don’t worry”
 
Gah! Why am I so tempted to say yes? Aigoo.
 
I’m tempted, I’m tempted, I’m tempted!
 
Then, a realization suddenly hit me. Sandara Park is really into Nickhun, isn’t she? I mean, why would she go this far or bother to do things like these if she isn’t? Wow! That’s really shocking! Did I just misinterpret her friendliness and kindness into something else? Nah. . . I still believe she has a thing for ME.
 
But. . If by doing this, I’ll have a shot or just a teeny weeny chance to be with Victoria, shouldn’t’ I just accept it? It’s easy for me to think that I’ll get Victoria on my own but seriously, I need help, especially now that Nickhun poisoned her mind. The question is, will Sandara Park be able to really help me get her?
 
Well, there’s no harm in giving it a shot, is there? Aigoo. “If I’m going to agree with you, I’ll demand for some limitations and conditions”
 
Her face brightened up. “Oh, okay. No problem”
 
“It’ll be in contract form” I emphasized.
 
“Like I said, no problem. I’ll think of my conditions over the night. So. . . what are you conditions?”
 
Wow. She sounded serious, dead serious. She’s really talking business here. “I’ll have to think about it, too” I told her.
 
“Okay. Let’s discuss the conditions tomorrow, after class” she said.
 
- - -
 
I glanced at the clock. It was past 12 midnight already. Whoa, I didn’t notice the time. Hahaha, I put so much time and effort on writing my conditions. I scanned the list I made and felt satisfied with it. I leaned back on my chair and closed my eyes for a moment. I yawned and stretched out lazily. I stood up from my chair and lazily head towards the bed. As usual, I left the light opened. I don’t sleep without a light on, you see. Even in sleep, I want to be under the spotlight. Hahaha. Ah, I should go to sleep now. Victoria’s waiting in my dreamland already”
 
- - -
 
Morning came. I went through my visual routine before heading to school. I didn’t see Victoria or bump into her in the halls. Oh well, if Sandara Park’s plan work, I’ll just have to be patient. I’ll be with Victoria anytime soon. Ah, finally.
 
I was surprised with my self when I felt so excited after my last class ended. Don’t get me wrong, oaky? I’m NOT excited to see Sandara Park. I’m excited for the things that we’re going to discuss. Also, I’m excited to show her my list of conditions slash limitations. Ah. . . I’m pretty sure she’ll be amazed with it. This has got to be the BEST CONTRACT ever written in the world in all aspects and angles! Hahaha. I’m SO read to laugh at her poorly written document. I’m sure it’s poorly written. Duh?! I don’t have to explain why, do I? It’s WAY TOO obvious already. Hahaha.
 
I was a bit disappointed when I reached the rooftop and found out that Sandara Park’s not here yet. Ah, I can’t believe this! She’s seriously making me wait? She’s the one in need so she should be here earlier. It was her idea to have this whole jealousy thing, right? I honestly could not believe this! Imagine, a mere Sandara Park is making the oh-so great KWON JIYONG wait?!?
 
When I started hearing footsteps, I can’t help but roll my eyes. Aish! She better have a good document with her or else. . . huh! She’ll get a lot of insults from me! I swear, she’s going to get what she deserves! Mark my words, ooh, just mark my words!
 
“What took you so long?” I demanded.
 
“Sorry” she said, totally not sounding apologetic. Tch, did she seriously think I’ll buy it? This girl got a lot of things to learn. “I got wired up with some of my groupmates for a project. Anyways, I didn’t make any written document since I’ve only got one condition to ask from you”
 
“And that is?”
 
“You have to listen to my advice and well. . . follow everything I say”
 
I frowned. “I thought you said you only got one condition? What you said counts as two”
 
She rolled her eyes. “Fine, I’ve got two conditions then. How about you?”
 
“I wrote them all down” I proudly informed her. “Here”
 
She took the paper I handed her and settled down on the floor before unfolding it. She then turned silent. Huh! I knew it! I could just hear her thoughts right now. She’s TOTALLY DUMBFOUNDED with my brilliance and the terms of agreement I wrote. I admit I’m disappointed with her, though. I really thought she could at least come up with a poorly written document but she came up with NOTHING AT ALL! Ah, how disappointing!
 
“I think you gave me the wrong paper” she said a bit awkwardly.
 
“Ha?” I blinked. I snatched the paper away from her.
 
 
KWON JIYONG’S TERMS OF AGREEMENT
 
1. Sandara Park is not allowed to kiss ANY PART of Kwon Jiyong’s body and face.
2. Sandara Park is not allowed to touch ANY PART of Kwon Jiyong.
3. Sandara Park is not allowed to flirt with Kwon Jiyong AT ALL TIMES.
4. Sandara Park will be sole responsible for all the expenses due for this whole deal.
5. Sandara Park is REQUIRED to praise Kwon Jiyong’s amazing abilities.
6. Sandara Park is allowed to spazz over Kwon Jiyong’s AWESOMENESS in front of everyone.
7. Sandara Park is - .
 
I stopped reading and lifted my eyes to her. How pitiful I think she didn’t understand how these agreement thingy works. “This is the right paper” I told her.
 
She rolled her eyes. “You’re joking!”
 
“Do I look like I’m joking?”
 
“That won’t work Jiyong!”
 
“Why not?” I demanded.
 
“You said I’m not allowed to drool over you, to have you as the subject of my dreams and other pathetic things, believe me, that aren’t going to happen. But I certainly can’t NOT touch you. How are we going to make them jealous if we’re to have two feet distance away from each other?”
 
Oh, she got a point.
 
“But I’ll shoulder the expenses” she went on. “You don’t have to worry about that”
 
My shoulders fell. She only accepted one condition out of twenty five conditions? But I spent all night brainstorming for this! Aish. “Wait” I straightened up. “Don’t you think it’s unfair?”
 
“What’s unfair?”
 
“You’ve got two conditions while I only got one?”
 
She sighed. “Okay, to be fair, you’re allowed to give one more condition but don’t get anything from your list”
 
I paused. “I’ll think about it”
 
She nodded. “So. . . do we have a deal?”
 
“I think so” I said a bit hesitantly.
 
“Let’s shake hands” she said.
 
I shook hands with her briefly. Omo! It’s official. I just agreed with her. But I don’t know why. . . I’m really hurt with the rejection of my conditions. And I can’t seem to think of any excuse or happy thought to bring my pried back up again.
 
“We need to exchange numbers”
 
My eyes narrowed instantly. “Why?” I asked.
 
“We need to be in touch” she said, rolling her eyes. “What’s your number?”
 
“Err, I’m not sure”
 
“You don’t know your own number?”
 
“I don’t walk around giving my number, you know. I’m a very private person” I told her defiantly.
 
“Fine” she sighed. “Hand me your phone”
 
I handed her my phone a bit grumpily. I’m not really in a good mood right now. As she took my phone, she then started typing a message.
 
“What are you doing?” I asked.
 
“I’m sending a message to my phone so I can save your number” she explained. “Then, I’ll save my number here so you can contact me – wait. You only got one contact here in your phone?”
 
I scowled at her. “I told you, I’m a very private person”
 
Jeez, how slow could she get? Do I really have to tell her over and over again that I’m a very private person? So what if I only got my uncle’s number on my phone? That isn’t a crime, is it?