Campus Heartthrob (That's Me!)

Crazy Little Thoughts

 

Everyday – no, every second, I lived in fear. And every damn second of my life, I tried my best to face it. I’m still young – my heart’s desire I still longed to fulfill, my mind’s ideas I still longed to prove. Youth at its ripest, that’s what I am. But life, moreover fate, has been selfish to me. Fate has stripped me ; ruthlessly left me in the cold and dark; even selfishly decided for me. But I stayed optimistic. I will never stop hoping that I’ll be given the opportunity to reach my dreams, to have a family of my own, to live in a place where fear does not exist and to experience happiness at its peak.
 
Life is cruel, they say. And I say yes, life is cruel. Out of the millions, or even billions of people in the world, I was mercilessly chosen to live such a life. I asked countless of times, “Why me? What have I done wrong to have such cruel fate?”
 
I stared at my reflection. Slowly, a smile lit my face. “Kwon Jiyong, it’s not your fault if you’re handsome. Just live with it” I told my reflection. Yes, that’s my cruel fate. I was born with good looks that everyday; I have to face the fear of being beheaded by one of the heartbroken boys in school. Everyday, I fear the girls would kill and behead each other just to solely have me.
 
This saddens me. Why do people have to get hurt just because of my awesomeness? My handsomeness? My hotness? My iness? My amazingness? Ah, such cruel fate. I sighed. Time for school again. Another day of being envied and admired for being too damn handsome starts again.
 
Kwon Jiyong, the campus heartthrob. Yeah, that’s me. Believe me, it’s hard to live to that title. Everyday, I have to deal with screaming fan girls and sulking boys. What can I do? I’m simply charming and irresistible. I shouldn’t be blamed for it, right? Blame it to the jenes. Wait. That’s not it, right? Oh, it’s GENES. Ha! I’m not dumb, okay? Sometimes, it’s fun to fool and goof with your own brain. Hahaha!
 
With steps oozing with confidence, I strutted down the corridor. “Hey, Sohee!” I greeted. She’s a fan girl of mine. “Ah, it’s so nice to see your smile this early. It brightens my day more than the sun brightens the world”
 
“Jerk” she muttered and walked away. Well you see, she’s just playing hard to get. Tch, I guess girls will be girls. They think it’s cute when they’re acting ‘hard-to-get’ to the guy they like. Ha! It’s cute alright, but I don’t really waste time running after girls who loves playing around.
 
As I went on walking, I saw another fan girl. “Wassup, Sulli? Having a nice day? Ah, your eyes. Your eyes sparkle brighten than the stars in-”
 
“Bastard”
 
I chuckled. Seriously, girls love to pretend that they don’t like me but I know deep inside they’re melting from giddiness. She’s obviously one of the girls who love playing hard to get. I can’t understand why girls have to play hard to get. I mean, what’s the use? They’d go on pretending that they don’t like the guy but when that guy (meaning ME), turns his attention to another; they’d go all-whiny and cranky. Girls, they’re the most complicated species that ever set foot on this planet.
 
“Sunmi, my angel! Why is it everytime I see you, I feel like I’m being held in the clouds?”
 
“What an ”
 
Do I really have to say that she’s another case of those pretending girls? I inwardly rolled my eyes. The mind games that girls use sometimes are pretty tiring. Not that I’m saying my ultimately superior brain can’t keep up with their mind games, okay? I’m just saying that it’s pretty tiring. Aish! Why am I defending myself from my own. . . self? Hahaha! That was tricky. Ah, I’m simply. . . . AMAZING. Yeah, that’s the right word to describe me, Kwon Jiyong. My mere name itself screams the word AMAZING.
 
As I continued ramping down the corridor, I stumbled with my other fan girls. I greeted them, waved and winked at them but either they roll their eyes or snob me. Huh! Obviously, they’re all serious cases of PRETENDING girls. Oh well, I guess it’s in their nature to be like that just like how I’m NATURALLY handsome. Oh yeah.
 
I stopped in my tracks when I saw her from afar. She was fiddling with her phone while wearing the most beautiful smile I’ve ever seen. Suddenly, it’s just the two of us. I can see bright colors everywhere but the color surrounding her seemed to be the brightest of all. Her color NATURALLY stood out. Ha! We have something in common! We both have NATURAL characteristics. OMONA! It’s so confirmed (though I confirmed it a million times before)! WE ARE SOULMATES! Jiyong and Victoria are SOULMATES! Mwahahaha! It’s the SUREST thing in this world (alongside my AWESOMENESS, of course).
 
My heart’s thumping like wild horses on the loose. I could just hear a choir of angels singing. Oh my gawd! My hands lifted to their own accord to my chest where my heart is. I think I’m going to explode. Omona! She’s starting to look up now. What should I do? What should I do? WHAT SHOULD I DO?! Calling all gods and goddesses out there! You’re most brilliant masterpiece needs help. And I need help NOW!
 
I raised one hand to wave at her, my mouth opening to say HI but my body chose to disobey my brain! My left hand froze in the air; it’s as if I’m making a bad oath. No words came out from my mouth but they remained hanging (I can even fell my saliva dripping down). I think I’m going to faint. Ten steps – there are only ten steps separating us.
 
Ah, the way her hair dance with the wind was so breathtakingly beautiful. (Nine steps left).
 
Her face, her beautiful face. What a sight to behold! (Eight steps left now).
 
Her oh-so glistening teeth are marvelous to look at. (Seven steps! Oh my gawd!)
 
The way her luscious and kissable lips gracefully lift for a smile is oh-so blindingly uplifting. (Six steps left but I’m still immobile!)
 
Don’t even get me started with her eyes! Oh, her eyes, her eyes, her eyes. No RIGHT adjective could describe them. They’re just the best thing to stare at. (Aside from my face, of course). Ah, I feel like a little lost child whenever she stares at me so INTENTLY. (I’m pretty sure she feels the same everytime I give her a TINY glimpse). I can’t help but feel giddy everytime her eyes sparkle like diamond everytime she sees me. (Five steps. OH MY GAWD! I need to move and wipe my saliva away. . . .)
 
The choir of angels is singing loudly in my ears now; the colors around us exploded beautifully in my eyes. (Four steps to go and she’ll be in my arms where she belongs!)
 
I don’t really want to give special treatment or attention to any of my fan girls but Victoria is an exception to that! (Aigoo, three steps to go!)
 
The only thing that’s stopping me from giving my oh-so sweet yes to her is her SAFETY. I know if I make her my girlfriend, my fan girls would be so HELPLESSLY DEVASTATED. And worst of all, they might volt in and join force to harm my dearest Victoria! That won’t do, that won’t do. (And she’s just two steps away from me now).
 
Yes, that’s the prize of being overly popular. You can’t be with the one you really want to spend time with. (Just a step now).
 
I don’t really want to understand why the guys are so desperate to be in my shoes. Being a campus heartthrob bears a very, very, very, very great responsibility. (And she walked past by me).
 
The choir of angels suddenly stopped singing. The bright colors surrounding my world were now replaced by black and white – lifeless. It’s like everything’s been devoid of life, like how I feel dead right now. She’s gone. . . . she’s gone and I just let her.
 
Time went past by me. My hand’s still frozen in the air, my mouth still hanging open, my saliva continuously rolled down my chin. I remained on my spot like a frozen statue. I think this is my punishment for breaking everybody’s hearts. I’m a heart murderer. That’s right, I’m being punished. What good is it to have a soulmate when I can’t be with her? Rather, when she can’t be with me? She doesn’t deserve to be punished like me! She deserves to be happy. And for her to be happy, she needs to be with me.
 
As if answering my prayer, I felt a soft hand on my shoulder. I knew it! I KNEW IT! She can’t last that long from being away from me. Ha! I knew it! Come on, bring the choir of angels back and the bright-colored background. I felt myself unfroze. I quickly and discreetly wiped my saliva away and slowly turned around, making sure that I’m wearing my most dashing and heart stopping smile. Just as my world came to life again, it went crashing down in heaps. My smile quickly disappeared. No wonder I didn’t hear the choir of angels sing anymore or see the bright colors everywhere. The girl standing in front of me with her hand still on my shoulder was not Victoria. It’s Sandara Park, my notorious, die hard, inconspicuous stalker fan girl.
 
OKKKKKKAAAYYYYY! I surrender. I’ll come clean now. The thing about me being a campus heartthrob was just my little fantasy (I mean, anyone can dream, right? So back off, close your mouth and mind your own business). The fan girls and being the envy of boys were just my. . . fantasies. Yes, I can be delusional sometimes. I do it on purpose sometimes, just to amuse myself. My life’s pretty boring, you know. I need to do something to add spice into it. As much as I hate to admit it, I don’t think Victoria even know a certain Kwon Jiyong exist.
 
BUT! Yes, a very big BUT. B-U-T. But. But this Sandara Park is different! I swear! She’s for real! I’m not being delusional here but gawd! The way she looks at me gives me the feeling that she wants to devour me whole. Creepy, right? Tell me about it, huh! And the way her eyes twinkle everytime she looks at me is SCARY!
 
“Are you alright?” she asked, face and voice full of worry.
 
See? SEE? She is so into me! And take note, her hand’s still in my shoulder! Gah! She’s taking advantage of me. She’s taking advantage of my innocence and kindness. How could a girl be this. . . . ert? She’s a MANIAC!
 
 
“I-I’m fine” I gave a light chuckle, gently shrugging her hand off my shoulder. I’m still a gentleman, you know! Eventhough I just want to run away from her because of fear, I stayed put. That’s how a real gentleman is! She’s still a girl after all.
 
Pity. She can be quite charming, actually. She’s not ugly either, but pretty ordinary looking. Poor her. No matter what she do, I will never give in to her. . . ministrations.
 
“Are you sure?” she worriedly asked.
 
“O-of course I am!” I cheerfully answered. Ugh! I hate lying. But I don’t have a choice. My knees are really trembling from fear now.
 
“You’re sweating” she noted. “Wait, I’ve got tissues here”
 
Uh-oh. She’s definitely scaring me off now. In my mind, I could just see what’s about to happen. She’d take some ply of tissues out, wipe my sweat off and keep those tissues in her bag. Once she goes home, she’ll sleep smelling my sweat. Disgusting, right? Who in their sane mind would smell another person’s sweat? Gross! Or worst! She could some voodoo-voodoo to it! Gah! But then again, I’m not just any other person to her, am I?
 
“No need” I waved off quickly. “I need to head for class now. I’m running a bit late”
 
I turned around and started walking. When I heard her calling me, I quickened my pace. When she called again and I started hearing footsteps behind me, I broke into a sprint. Oh God, I think the girl has gone out of her wits. What if. . .  what if she’s planning something to me?! Gah!
 
“Jiyong, wait!” she called again. “You dropped your notes!”
 
I pulled to a break. Eh? What did she say?
 
“Why did you run off like that?” she panted, stopping beside me. “Here, you dropped your notes”
 
I can’t remember anything about my notes dropping! Oh, I know! She discreetly took it from my hand a while ago so she’ll have an excuse to prolong our conversation. This stalker is unbelievable. I held my breath as she handed me my notes back. She deliberately let our fingers touch. Wah! She’s taking advantage of me again! As she smoothly pulled her hand back, I can feel a shiver ran down my spine. She purposely caressed her fingers on mine. Gah! She’s a nutcase! A total psycho. A stalker!
 
“T-thanks” I forced a smile.
 
“No problem” she smiled back. “I’ll go ahead. See you around”
 
In your dreams!
 

 

 
-------------
*a/n:
Whoa! WHOA! Thanks so much for the warm welcome guys!! Aigoo, i read all your comments.. Tsk, I wasn't really gone that long, was I? Hehe.. Anyways, thanks so much, really!! Aigoo. Please don't expect too much from any of my stories, 'kay? Still a noob writer here..
 
sorry for the typos and grammar errors!!
 
and thanks for all the love! love y'all!!
mwah!!
 
xoxo
hagocimit