UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

 

 

 

UNREQUITED LOVE

CHAPTER 8

 

 

Seohyun kept turning around her bed, trying to find the peace of mind she always had back when her life only rotated at home. The darkness of her room and the small lamp that illuminated it, only reminds her of how small and unknowing she really was, and right now, she’s simply lost in that dark place; a dark mysterious place that she wants to discover. But all she had was that small light to illuminate it.

“I’d like to know what’s running through your mind right now, Yong.” She thought with a moan and covered her face with her huge heart shaped pillow.

Meanwhile, in the other part of the building; it was almost one in the morning when Doojoon arrived after sending Hyoyeon and Sooyoung home.

He was vaguely confused to see that their room was still, slightly illuminated by a faint glow of light.

“Oh, you’re still awake?” He asked Yong who was sitting in their couch, holding his guitar.

“Are you trying to work on a new song?” He asked again wondering why he’s still so silent.

“Nah, I just can’t sleep.” He calmly answered.

“Well, if you’re still awake at this hour, either you’re working on something or something’s bothering you. What is it?”

 “It’s nothing.” Yonghwa answered.

“Is it about your dad?” Doojoon insisted on knowing the truth.

“No, not this time.”

“Maybe I can guess what it’s about.” Doojoon had a pleased look on his face.

“Enlighten me then.” Yonghwa simply answered, obviously irritated with his best friend’s assertion.

“It’s about that new girl right? Seohyun?” Yonghwa looked at him sharply upon hearing Seohyun’s name and Doojoon quickly backed off.

“Well, that explains it. This is about her.”

“Stop acting like you know it all.” Yonghwa answered, stood up and went to his bed to get some sleep wherein he unfortunately, did not get any.

“Well I think she’s cute.” Doojoon teased, seeming to enjoy his best friend’s sudden mood swing.

The following day came and everybody was finally in their classroom. Seohyun entered the room, looking graceful and innocent as always. A lot of guys approached her and she simply sent all of them her sweet smiles.

“Hey! Seohyun! Goodmorning!!” Hyoyeon went to hug her. Seohyun was caught off guard by the familiarity and closeness Hyoyeon showed since it was all new to Seohyun.

“Hi, Hyun!” Sooyoung also followed Hyoyeon and all the guys around them were merely drooling because of the attractive girls in front of them.

When all three of them went to their seats, Seohyun’s eyes got locked into Yonghwa’s.

He was staring at her. It was the first time today that Yonghwa stared at her. And with that, Seohyun’s heart skipped a beat.

 “It was merely seconds when we looked at each other, but it was enough to start my day.” She thought.

 Their class discussions have been dull and uninteresting. Seohyun noticed that Hyoyeon stopped passing notes after yesterday’s event and Sooyoung was quite listening well in class.

She looked at Yonghwa again; seeming not to control herself from looking at him every now and then.

But when she looked at him, he was for a second looking at their window, but was now staring at her again.

Seohyun quickly looked the other way, a blush creeping through her face; mortified of being caught staring at him twice for today. Yonghwa proceeded into looking incessantly back to their window; thinking deeply about something.

When their break came, Hyoyeon took a large box from her bag which held different dishes that her mom cooked for her.

“Hyun! I asked my mom to cook a lot today for you.” Hyoyeon said enthusiastically.

Seohyun and Sooyoung went to her and started eating the food.

As the three of them continued to talk, Seohyun could not help but feel as if somebody was looking at her. As she looked back at the door, she noticed Yonghwa walking away from it.

“Uhm guys, I have to do something. I’ll go back quickly okay?” Seohyun left Hyoyeon and Sooyoung who both had a puzzled look on their face.

Seohyun hurriedly followed Yonghwa and at the same time, trying not to get caught.

“What are you doing Hyun!” Seohyun scolded herself but kept on following him.

Yonghwa started to walk faster which needed her to keep pace with him too.

By the time Seohyun looked for Yonghwa at the back of their school building, he was already lost.

She moved further to look for him but couldn’t find him.

“Why did Yong disappear all of a sudden?” Seohyun thought out loud.

Just then, Yonghwa’s voice interrupted her.

“Do you need anything from me?” Seohyun’s eyes grew bigger. She turned around and tried to see where he is, but she couldn’t find him.

Suddenly, a strong hand pulled her back to a near tree and pushed her flat against it. Yong’s face was inches above hers, one of his hands placed on the tree behind her head.

“Oh my, is he going to kiss me again?” Seohyun thought and shut her eyes as Yong’s face slowly came to hers.

Just when there were mere inches between their lips, Yong spoke first. “I’m not going to kiss you right now. I’m just asking you, why are you here?” He asked.

Seohyun could feel his breath on her lips, then he suddenly freed her.

She opened her eyes and realized that Yong has released her and was now simply staring down at her.

He took a sit on the ground beneath the tree and said,

“I like this place; no one can find me here.” Seohyun who was still shocked, slowly got her senses back and took a sit a few inches beside him; their hands nearly touching each other.

There was an awkward silence between them, then Seohyun tried to talk.

“How are you related with Doojoon?”

“Just a friend.” Yonghwa briefly answered.

“Ohh.” Seohyun replied.

“Have you eaten?” Yonghwa asked her in monotone.

“Yea! Hyoyeon’s mom cooked something for us.” Seohyun answered with a pitch slightly higher than normal.

Yonghwa did not answer this time, and they simply sat silently beside each other underneath the tree.

When their school bell rang, Yonghwa swiftly stood up and extended his hands to Seohyun,

“Here.” He said. Seohyun took his hand and an electric feeling shook her when she touched his hands.

Seohyun controlled herself and tried to stand. Yong also pulled her, but he pulled her too hard so as when Seohyun finally stood up, she lost her balance and pressed herself on Yonghwa’s chest.

Yonghwa held her shoulders and looked down at her.

Seohyun blushed furiously upon realizing what happened.

“Are you ok?” Yonghwa asked.

“Uh yea.” Seohyun answered shyly.

When the two of them came back to the classroom, everyone was already on their seats, including their teacher. Everybody looked at both of them and their teacher said,

“Yonghwa and Seohyun, where have you been? You’re late.” He inquired the two.

“Yonghwa unworriedly bowed at him and went to his seat. Seohyun also followed his lead and went to her chair as well.

“This is your first warning, both of you. If you come to class late again, I’ll have to punish you.” Their teacher threatened them.

“Yes sir.” And Seohyun was the only one who answered.

 

“Where were you awhile ago?” was the first interrogating question Seohyun received from Hyoyeon when their class was over.

“I- I went to the Comfort Room” Seohyun tried to lie to them.

“With Yonghwa??!” Hyoyeon almost shouted.

“NOOOO!” Seohyun laughed with her outrageous question.

“Oh well, do you really like him huh?” Seohyun could not answer Hyoyeon’s question but then she realized, “

Yeah. I really like Yonghwa.” She thought hoping Hyoyeon would understand the feeling she has right now.

“Hyo, I really like Yong.” It felt good to say it out loud; Hyoyeon was surprised by Seohyun’s outspoken words.

“It must have taken a lot from her to say it out loud, though it’s pretty obvious just through her actions. Hyoyeon thought about the honesty Seohyun showed.

Sooyoung came to them with a huge sigh. “Phew. The room’s finally clean!”

“Today’s your schedule to clean the classroom?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Yeah.” Sooyoung answered while she busily prepared her things to leave.

“Isn’t it supposed to be in pairs? Who are you paired with?”

“I didn’t want to pair with anybody since I’m pretty used to cleaning alone. I just feel that they’ll get in my way if I had a partner.” Sooyoung replied and came to them, smiling.

When the three of them neared to the gates of Seisho High, they saw Doojoon waving his hands up high, with the same huge grin he always had on his face.

“Babe!” Hyoyeon called out.

“Hey babe! How was your day?” Doojoon answered and kissed Hyoyeon in the cheeks.

Sooyoung rolled her eyes because of the public display of attention the two always show.

“It became perfect when I saw you.” Hyoyeon answered cheerily.

Seohyun also smiled because of the different energy Hyoyeon shows when Doojoon was around.

“Hey, did you know that Seohyun and Yonghwa were together during our break? They even came in late in class.” Hyoyeon teased Seohyun who got surprised by the sudden change of topic by Hyoyeon.

“Really? That’s new! Yonghwa doesn’t usually talk to people whom he’s still not close to.”

Seohyun thought about Yonghwa and whether to tell her friends that they’ve already kissed.

She blushed with the thought again. Sooyoung, who was listening attentively with them, did not say anything about Yonghwa.

As the four of them walked along the streets,

“Hey Seohyun, do you wan’t to see Yonghwa’s other job? He’s a DJ in a radio station. He’s in there today. We can visit anytime.”

“Huh? Uhm. . .” Seohyun was tempted to go and see him.

“We’re already friends right? Seohyun thought

“it would be embarrassing if we suddenly went there and disturbed Yonghwa at work.”

“Yeah! I want to see it too!” Hyoyeon excitedly jived in and asked,

“Why won’t Yonghwa take the modeling jobs offered for him, just like Sooyoung? I’m pretty sure after winning Mr. Shibuya, he also has a number of offers.”

“He’s just not the type to pose in front of everybody Babe.” Doojoon explained.

Due to a number of mentions about Mr. and Miss Shibuya, Seohyun could not help but to get interested on the events that occurred in it. S

he looked at Sooyoung and said,

“Sooyoung, can I see pictures from your Mr. and Miss Shibuya contest, that is if you have any. I think it was enjoyable, right?” All three of them looked at Seohyun, surprised by the sudden interest she showed about it.

Sooyoung hesistated but then smiled at Seohyun and answered,

“Uhh, sure Hyun. I’ll show it to you next time.” Seohyun noticed the swift change in their look when she mentioned the Mr. and Miss Shibuya Contest.

It was like something happened in the past that all three of them doesn’t want Seohyun to know.

“I’m probably overthinking it.” Seohyun thought.

When they reached Yonghwa’s work place, Doojoon lead the way and entered into a large studio.

They saw Yonghwa busily reading some greetings through the radio.

“Yonghwa will be finished shortly after a few songs, and then we can go out to dinner together.” Doojoon told them.

As they continued listening to the songs played by Yonghwa whom they see only through a glass window across them, a girl approached her.

Yonghwa gave out a huge smile and stood up then hugged the girl who approached him.

All of them gave out a surprised look aside from Doojoon.

They talked a little and when they finished, Yonghwa kissed the girl on the cheeks just before she left.

Hyoyeon and Sooyoung looked at Seohyun, who was partially immobilized by the scene that she just saw.

“Hyun. .” Hyoyeon said.

Seohyun looked down and said,

“I- I have to get going. Sorry I can’t join dinner.” She quickly ran out of the room to prevent them from seeing her cry.

The other girls followed her while Doojoon was left stunned by the impulsive outburst of Seohyun.

 

 

Author's Note: Hi! Thanks for reading! I'm sorry this chapter was very late. It's our premidterms week but I will try my best to keep on updating everyday :)))

What do you think about this chapter? :)))))