UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

 

UNREQUITED LOVE

Chapter 15

 

It was a perfect morning. The weather is agreeing with the bright feeling that Yong was also having.

But still, he couldn’t seem to shake off the uneasy feeling he had ever since he found that note on his door after he came back to see Hyun last night.

FLASHBACK

As Yong went back to his room, he noticed a note signed –J.J. which wasn’t there when he left to go to see Hyun. The note said;

“Tick Tock Tick Tock, time’s running out.” –J.J.

He knew that the note came from the person who wants to hurt them because it’s the same as the one he received when he found out that Sooyoung was kidnapped by men who were paid by this guy too.

He could not forget when he received that phone call two years ago.

He quickly went to where those guys took Sooyoung and without knowing it, Doojoon and Hyoyeon also found their location and they were almost beaten to death by those guys.

He did not even meet the person in charge of doing that to them.

Yong’s mind started running and thinking hard while the note was still in his hands.

What does the note even mean? He was pretty sure that time is of the essence, but from what?? Could it be about Sooyoung? What if it’s about their Dad? What if Doojoon and Hyoyeon might get in the way too? Or worse, what if it’s talking about Seohyun?

Then Yong thought, time running out or not, nothing can stop him from being with Seohyun. As long as she’s safe, he will always be there for her.

He quickly dialed Sooyoung’s number, hoping that she was still awake despite the late hour already.

“Yong?” Sooyoung spoke with a sleepy voice.

“Sooyoung? Where are you? Are you ok?”

“Yeah, I was just sleeping like normal people do. Why are you calling this late?”

“Do you know if dad’s okay? Did he tell you something?”

“Yeah, he’s okay. We talked yesterday. He did not tell me anything though. He just kept on telling me to be careful. He told me to tell you too. Then I told him about Siwon, and then he said that he’s happy but I still have to be careful though. Why, what’s wrong?”

“Sooyoung, I received a note. It was on my door and; when I left around 12am awhile ago, it was not yet there, but now, it’s here.”

Sooyoung quickly bolt up upon hearing what Yong said.

“Really? What note? Do you think I have any? I’m going to my door right now.” Sooyoung continued to say as she walked to her door.

“Wait! It might be dangerous and it’s still dark.” Yong said while Sooyoung also paused, thinking about that possibility.

“I’ll just go and check.” She continued and took a piece of knife from her kitchen.

She slowly went to her door and looked from the peep hole to see if someone was there. She tiptoed, trying hard not to make any sounds. She held on the knife tighter and her heart was beating fast. She took her door knob and slowly unlocked it. Then she pulled it open and prepared herself to launch at someone. But when she opened it, no one was there.

“Sooyoung?” Yong said from the other line.

“Oh Yong, no one’s here.” Sooyoung said as she looked from left to right. Then she noticed a note on her floor, near her door. She quickly picked it up and opened it.

“Tick Tock Tick Tock, times running out? –J.J.?” she read it out loud for Yong to hear.

“Yong, what’s this about?” She asked.

“I don’t know too Sooyoung, I think the two of us received this.”

“Could it be talking about us? Our friends? Dad?” Then Sooyoung let out a small cry and said,

“Oh Yong, what if it’s talking about Siwon and Seohyun?”

“I won’t let that happen Sooyoung. I’ve also decided that this won’t stop me from making Hyun happy. So should you.” Yong told his twin.

“O – okay. I understand.”

“I’m sorry if I woke you up at this time. I just wanted to tell you what I have decided. I knew that you would start thinking hard once you receive the note. Ignore it. Okay?”

“O – okay.”

“Go back to sleep. Bye.”

“Bye.”

END OF FLASHBACK

Yong stood in front of their building and gave out a huge yawn. He slept late last night worrying about the note despite telling Sooyoung not to think about it.

But not even that can destroy his bright mood today.

He has been standing there, waiting for Hyun to get out of the building. He started to pace around, practicing what he would say when Hyun came.

“Oh, Hyun? You’re still here?” Yong practiced lamely.

When Hyun came, he looked back and a light feeling of happiness came into him.

He then tried to act cool and nonchalant.

“Oh, Yong?” Hyun looked at him in wonder and continued,

“You’re still here?” Hyun directly said the words that Yong has been practicing all morning.

Yong was unable to say anything, thinking that he might get caught waiting for Hyun outside their building for awhile now. Then he lied to look cool in front of Hyun,

“Uh, yeah. I was just on my way to school.”

“Really? Can we go together?” Hyun asked with a bright smile.

Looking at her, everything felt perfect for Yong. Never mind the complications.

He let out a relieved sigh and said,

“Ok.”

Then he walked ahead of Hyun to hide the huge grin on his face.

When Hyun tried to walk beside him, she smiled at the thought of going to school with Yong for the first time together.

As they walked, Yong quickly grabbed Hyun to his side. They looked in each other’s eyes and Yong said,

“My mom told me that when I’m with a girl, the man should be the one walking outside or beside the street. To keep the girl safe. I mean, that’s a rule for being a gentleman.” Yong explained to Hyun.

Hyun simply followed Yong’s lead and thought that seeing Yong act gentlemanly this way is very cute.

As they continued walking, Hyun started to talk first.

“Yong?”

“Yeah?” Hyun looked down, feeling shy to ask a personal question to Yong but continued,

“If you don’t mind me asking, are you close with your mom and dad?”

Yong looked at Hyun and simply nodded with a smile.

“Do you remember that time in the school clinic?” She continued.

Yong’s look became different thinking about that time.

“No, I – I didn’t mean about the k – kiss. I remembered back then when you read Hyo’s note, you said that you went to this country because you wanted to find yourself and -”

Yong definitely remembered that time when he read that note to Hyun.

Every last detail of it; that was the first time he did have no absolute control of himself and stole Hyun’s first kiss. He still hasn’t forgiven himself for stealing it, but he also still could not forget how their first kiss felt like.

How innocent Hyun’s response to the kiss was and how much he wants to do it again.

Only Hyun can give him that kind of feeling. Only Hyun can.

Then he heard Hyun’s voice again, 

“Yong? Did you hear what I said?”

“Huh?” Hyun gave him a pout that made Yong’s insides curl on how cute she looked and said,

“I said, do you still communicate with your parents after you left?”

“Yeah, I talk to my mom once in awhile. I think they also know that I’m okay.”

“You’re close with them?”

“I’m not really sure. I’ve never been the clingy type of child but my parents and I used to talk and spend time together. We usually go out with Shin-hye’s family. Then I -” Yong paused, arguing with himself whether to tell Hyun more about his life.

He decided to tell her, thinking that he would try to be honest with her, especially with his personal life. He thought at what Doojoon told him about Hyun already being a part of all the mess they are in.

No matter how he tries to, everything that has to happen will happen.

As long as Hyun’s safe, he would continue doing anything to make her happy.

Then he continued to say,

“Then I found out that I was a foster child.” Hyun definitely gave a surprised look at Yong.

She never knew that Yong could be a foster child and she was speechless as for the moment.

She gave Yong a worried look and Yong simply gave her a reassuring smile, saying that

“He’s fine.” and answering her unspoken question.

Then Yong continued,

“The moment I learned that I was adopted, I focused myself into music , but music did not seem to complete me and so I went out to find my true self. My real identity.”

Yong gave out a slight smile and said,

“Actually, I learned that I had a twin sister. But we don’t look exactly alike since we’re fraternal twins.”

Hyun was very surprised by this revelation.

“Yong has a twin?! What does she even look like? She must be pretty and nice. And . . . I remember Sooyoung also having a lost twin. They can be twins as far as I know.” She thought at the slim possibility of Yong and Sooyoung being twins.

Hyun looked at Yong, touched by the depth of his willingness to open everything up to her.

“He must really trust me that much.” Hyun thought.

Before Yong could continue his story, they noticed that they were already in front of Seisho’s gates.

They both looked in front of them, surprised to see Siwon and Sooyoung together, smiling and talking to each other. 

 

Author's Note: Hi everyone! Happy New Year! I'm back FINALLY!!! I hope you like this very short chapter. I would be uploading three chapters TODAY as my new year gift to you since it's already 2013!!! :))))

I hope you stay tuned for the other two chapters. Thank you so much!!

Comments are very welcome and Subscribe if you want to ;) Thanks!