UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

 

UNREQUITED LOVE

CHAPTER 31

 

After the long day they had, Yong and Hyun went home hand in hand, just like they always did these past few days.

They’ve cherished every moment they had, focusing only on the present. Tomorrow, it’s about to slowly change… bit by bit… slowly by pieces… their relationship with one another will not be the way as it is now.

“Well, I still have one week left to be with Hyun… the week of our school trip.” Yong thought to himself.

When they reached Hyun’s apartment, Yong yearned to stay with her and just talk to her, spend the time with her… but still, reason prevailed over the urge to be with Hyun…

He thought it would be uncustomary for a man to stay in a woman’s apartment even if he doesn’t have any intention of doing bad with her.

Hyun faced him and smiled at him. They were still holding each other’s hands, neither one seems to want to let go of one another.

Slowly, Hyun pulled her hand back and said…

“Yong, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Yong smiled back at Hyun and slowly let go of her hand too. He waited for Hyun to enter in her apartment before he went back to his apartment.

Hyun went and dropped herself to her bed… her mind was blank aside from thoughts of Yong… then she slowly drifted her way to sleep.

Yong on the other hand could barely close his eyes. He replayed the scenes that happened earlier and his mind can’t keep from thoughts of what’s going to happen in the following days.

----

Morning finally came and Yong opened his eyes forcefully. He slept for only two hours and in that time, he woke up and saw the darkness almost ten times.

His body was heavy but he saw that the sun’s already up and so he forced himself to go and get his towel and went to take a shower.

When he finished, he felt fresher and a clearer minded. It was Saturday and as he remembered, today was the day that Hyun’s parents visit.

He quickly changed and hoped that Hyun’s parents wasn’t around yet.

Doojoon went out of his room, his pajamas still hanging loose in his waste and still wearing a white crumpled shirt; as crumpled as his hair too.

He went to their ref to look for food and noticed that Yong was already dressed.

“Oh Yong? It’s still…” he paused and took a drink from a bottle of fresh milk and looked at the clock hanging in their wall…

“It’s still 6am and you’re dressed. Where to? Oh by the way, how did the talk go yesterday?”

Yong was putting on his shoes and when he finished, he grabbed the bottled drink that Doojoon threw towards him as Doojoon also took a sit across him.

“I’m hoping to see Hyun today.” Yong said.

“This early? You came home late last night… you haven’t finished talking yet?”

Yong stopped fixing his shoe lace and looked at Doojoon… he paused for a bit then said…

“Nahh… I just want to see her and you know…” He tried not to mention about Hyun’s parents since he was tired of explaining things at the moment.

“How about you, any plans for today?” Yong diverted Doojoon’s attention.

“Yeah… Hyo and I are going on a date.” Doojoon smiled like a school boy who got an award for oding something good in class.

“A date? Don’t you go out all the time?” Yong laughed.

“Nahhh a date for girls are different. We’ll spend the entire day together since I won’t be seeing her, and apparently all of you guys, because of your stupid school trip next week.

Yong smiled at his friend, feeling bad for him. But right now, there’s only one thing in his mind…

He just wants to see Hyun and so when he finally finished, he gave Doojoon a pat on the back and said…

“Well have a great time man.” And then he left.

With a smile on his lips, Yong walked towards Hyun’s apartment… but before he could take a turn, he heard voices coming out from Hyun’s apartment.

“Mom… Dad… you’re here!” He heard Hyun’s voice and so he figured that Hyun’s parents were already here.

“Hyun baby… you lost some weight. Have you been eating?” Yong heard Hyun’s mom asked.

“Mom… I’m fine. I’ve actually grown more mature in here compared to my life in the mansion…”

He heard Hyun’s door close and their voices simply became inaudible sounds.

Yong stood where he was and argued with himself whether he should just go back to his apartment or not.

“But if you’re not going back Yong… then where are you going?” he thought.

Then he heard Hyun’s door open again and their voices outside the apartment. They were walking his way and Yong did not know what to do!

His feet simply stayed unmoving to where he was standing and if he doesn’t move, in a few steps… Hyun and her parents will see him!

When Hyun and her parents took the turn, they paused and saw Yong looking surprised at them…

Hyun’s eyes also opened wide and then a smile tugged in her lips. But both her parents did not show any emotions or familiarity towards the man standing in front of them.

“Yong?” Hyun said while looking at him. Hyun’s parents looked at her and realized that their daughter knew the man in front of them.

For the first time in his life, Yong did not know what to do. “Come on Yong, speak.” He told himself but when he tries to speak… it turns out that his mouth would just mumble incoherent words.

He was nervous and embarrassed and felt out of place on front of Hyun’s parents. “I should have worn something better than just a plain shirt.” He reprimanded himself.

“Mom, Dad, this is Jung Yonghwa. He’s the one I told you about.” Hyun told her parents with a sweet smile.

“Told them about?” Yong thought surprisingly… He saw the brows of Hyun’s mom rose and looked at him from head to toe then she looked the other way. Hyun’s dad on the other hand extended his arm towards Yong and said…

“Nice to meet you young man. It’s nice to hear that our Hyun here has made some friends…”

Yong took the hand of Hyun’s dad, cleared his throat and said…

“Please to meet you too sir.”

“Oh enough formalities, we’ll be late for our breakfast reservation.” Hyun’s mom interrupted and started to walk down the stairs while Hyun’s dad gave Yong a smile and followed.

Hyun tried to stop them and paused in front of Yong and looked at her with questioning eyes… but Yong simply gave her a smile that even without words… it says “Go…”

Hyun bit her lips and followed her parents… leaving Yong behind.

“It’s the right thing to do Yong. You can’t ask so much from Hyun… Not when a week from now, you’ll no longer be even called as friends… more so more than friends.” He thought sadly to himself.

Yong looked at Hyun’s back walking away from him and a thought came to him. “Today’s the day that Hyun’s parents will introduce her to the new guy…”

And as if no logical explanation or reasoning can stop Yong… he decided to follow Hyun and her parents…

“If Hyun’s meeting someone new, might as well make sure that this man’s good enough for Hyun… if he’s not, then I can’t allow him to be with Hyun…”

And with that thought, he followed Hyun and her parents silently and discreetly behind.

 

END of Chapter 31

 

 

 

A/N: Yo Yo Yo what do you think Yong should do next?? What do you think of this chapter :DDD Please comment and subscribe yow :D Finally edited the repeated parts. Thank you for the heads up! Mwahmwahmwah :**