UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

 

UNREQUITED LOVE

Chapter 30

 

“Oh!” Hyun said as she saw the caller on her phone. She looked at Yong and said, “It’s my mom.”

Yong did not utter a word, not knowing why all of a sudden, he felt something bad upon hearing Hyun’s words. Hyun picked up the phone and answered…

“Mom?” Hyun sounded curious.

“Hi darling.” Her mom answered with a gentle voice.

“Ohh?” Still, Hyun did not know what to say… her thoughts still floated back to her conversation with Yong. How could her mom call at a time like this?

“Hyun, I’d like to tell you ahead. Your dad and I are coming to Shibuya. We’re already on our way there. We’ll be there tomorrow morning. Can we eat breakfast together?”

Hyun’s eyes widened after hearing her mom’s words…

“No… No…” It was all her mind told her. She wants to see her parents but not with the guy they want her to marry…

“Uhmm… I – I… uhm sure mom.”

“Oh that’s great darling! I’ll call again tomorrow, okay?”

“Okay mom.”

Hyun looked down after turning her phone off. Her eyes started to water and she kept on looking down to hide her tears from Yong.

Both her hands were knotted together, the other one, still holding her phone.

Yong looked at Hyun for awhile, not really sure of what to say until he finally decided to speak.

“Hyun…” Hyun heard him say while she still tried to hide her face from Yong.

But Yong could not take any more of the silence and so he took Hyun’s face in one of his hands and made her face him.

He saw the pain in Hyun’s eyes. Her lips trembled from the effort of suppressing herself to tears. He placed his other hand in her face and a single tear dropped from Hyun’s eyes.

He quickly wiped it with his thumb, still holding Hyun’s face. And then… she finally gave in.

She started to cry her heart out… too scared for what might happen tomorrow once she meets the man her parents want for her.

Yong’s heart ached watching her that way but he reminded himself that he must try to get used to seeing her this way because sooner or later, he’ll be the reason of her pain.

He’ll be the reason for her tears.

But still, Yong could not help himself.

He couldn’t help seeing Hyun like this. Even if he doesn’t know why she’s crying, he can’t bear to see her in pain; like this.

Not when he still has the chance to take those pain away.

And so he took Hyun in his arms and she willingly buried her muffled cries in his chest.

He could feel his shirt getting soaked from her tears. He decided to ask what was wrong and said…

“Hyun… please… please stop crying. Tell me what your mom said.”

He thought that this might be about Hyun’s parents wanting her to meet someone new, just like what Hyo told him. But he decided to ask first.

He placed his hand on her back and tried to calm her down.

“Shhh… please stop crying Hyun.”

Hyun looked up to him and still with tears in her eyes, she said..

“Yong, my parents are coming tomorrow.”

Hearing Hyun’s words, even though he knew that this is going to happen, he still felt surprised.

There’s a different between knowing that it’s going to happen in the future and knowing that it’s going to happen tomorrow.

It’s like knowing that the end of the world’s tomorrow and you can’t do anything to stop it.

Hyun buried her face back to the security that Yong’s arms gave her, but Yong did not say a word. A deeper part of Yong thought that if Hyun would meet someone new, it would be better for her and for them.

“It would be easier to forget me if Hyun has someone new in her life.” Yong thought.

But the shallow part of him did not want that. He doesn’t want anyone to even breathe the same air as she breathes.

But surely, that’s impossible to happen. Not when –J.J.’s around.

“You know it Yong. You know that as long as the new guy Hyun meets is a good guy, you won’t do anything to stop Hyun from getting close to that guy. While you? You’ll stay as far away as her. It’s the only way to keep her safe… and everyone else.” Yong thought to himself but did not say it out loud.

They stayed like that in awhile and when finally Hyun calmed herself down, they decided to walk back home together.

The first part of their walk was silence. Both of them wanted to say and expose what their hearts feel but no words are enough to do it.

“Everything’s out. But why do I feel like there’s still something wrong?” Hyun thought.

“Tomorrow, Hyun will meet this new guy. And in one week, I’ll have to leave Hyun. Now isn’t that convenient?” Yong thought ironically and continued to think…

“It’s pretty convenient, if only I don’t love Hyun so much. If only both of us won’t feel pain from all these. If only tomorrow won’t come.”

“I hope we stay like this forever.” Both of them thought with a sigh.

Yong took Hyun’s hands and placed it inside his pocket while still holding it. Hyun looked surprisingly at him but did not resist. She moved closer beside him and they continued to walk silently together.

The cold wind brought by the night rushed through the two of them; but they don’t feel its coldness. All they felt was the warm spark within them that continues to grow warmer every time they’re together.

They both want for this moment to last; for tomorrow not to come; and to be with the person beside them forever.

But the dark sky which was simply illuminated by the full moon watching above them and the stars who are witnesses of the two lovers’ feelings are all there is and it can’t make their wishes come true.

And soon, the warmth and love that they have both created together will either remain that way or turn into a cold hole of nothingness.

End of Chapter 30

 

A/N: Hey everyone! Finally, I've finished this chapter :D It's already dawn in here weheheheh I'm the only living awake person here. so shhhhh

This chapter's quite short too but there's more too come in my next updates! Please please leave comments about what you think or what you want to happen next or anything you'd like to give a comment about in here. I would really appreciate it :)) I'd be updating my other fics too, sooo if you want... you can read, subscribe and leave comments there too. THANKYOU! :DD