UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

 

UNREQUITED LOVE

CHAPTER 9

 

The scene of Yonghwa kissing that girl on the cheek kept on replaying from Seohyun’s mind. She ran aimlessly, trying to escape the reality of seeing how happy Yonghwa looked with that girl.

“Why did I have to like him? Why him? Why does this hurt so badly? Seohyun thought as she continued to run while Hyoyeon and Sooyoung were nowhere behind her.

“They must have given up, trying to follow me. Where am I anyway?” Seohyun abruptly stopped when she realized that she was in an unfamiliar place in the studio building.

She looked around trying to remember the turns she took when she started running, but she couldn’t remember any of it.

Meanwhile as Hyoyeon and Sooyoung tried to follow Seohyun, they still lost her.

Both of them went back to the studio room where they saw Yonghwa and Doojoon talking.

“What’s up with the kissing Shin-hye on the cheeks Yong?” The two of them heard Doojoon asked Yonghwa.

“Huh? You saw that?” Yonghwa simply answered with a smile.

“Duh! Are you kidding? We all saw it!” Doojoon pointed out, sounding like the situation was too obvious not to see.

“WE?” Yonghwa asked with a danger in his voice.

Doojoon, who knew Yonghwa quite well, ignored him and continued,

“Yeah! Me, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung,” he hesitated then continued

“. . .and Seohyun.” Yonghwa did not know how to react, but he suddenly thought about Seohyun, when he kissed her in their school clinic and the way she responded to him, and just like the sun falling out of the sky, he thought about his recent kiss on the cheek with Shin­-hye.

“Dude! Why would you bring them here?!” Yonghwa almost shouted inside the room, losing his calm façade shortly, then got his composure back again.

“So where are they?” He continued to ask, now seemingly more calm than before.

“We couldn’t find Seohyun!” Hyoyeon interrupted. When Yong looked at the two of them, eavesdropping by the door, his eyes met Sooyoung and then he quickly looked at Hyoyeon and said,

“What do you mean you couldn’t find her?”

“Well . .” for a minute, Hyoyeon was lost for words.

She couldn’t say that Seohyun ran her wits out when she saw Yonghwa kissing some random girl in the cheeks.

“She left. And we tried to follow her, but she’s nowhere to be found.” Upon hearing this, Yonghwa quickly left and went to the front desk to ask if Seohyun has already left.

Hyoyeon, Doojoon and Sooyoung followed him too.

“Babe, so who was that girl that Yonghwa kissed? I mean, he was a completely different person back there, talking to her.”

“She’s the woman whom Yonghwa trust so much. She’s kind of special to him.”

“Are they dating?” Hyoyeon asked looking at Sooyoung confusingly while addressing her question to Doojoon.

But before Doojoon could answer, Yonghwa came back and said,

“She’s still in the building.” And then he left the three of them standing, unknowing what to do next.

“We should find Seohyun first.” Sooyoung said.

“Right!” Hyoyeon also agreed.

Hyoyeon and Sooyoung went together while Doojoon went to Yonghwa first, to talk to him.

“Yong.” Doojoon said, trying to start small talks with Yonghwa.

“Doojoon, you shouldn’t have come here.” Yonghwa said.

“Hey. It wasn’t me who kissed Shin­-hye back there.”

“That did not mean anything.” Yonghwa answered exasperated.

“Yeah. But Seohyun did not think of it that way.” With that, Yonghwa stopped walking and fell silent.

“Well, I don’t know why I should explain what that was all about to her.” He said coldly.

“Yong, that’s kind of cold. She kind of like you, you know.” Doojoon said thoughtfully.

“What do you want me to do then? It’s not like . . . Aish!! Never mind.” Yonghwa started walking again.

This time, Doojoon got nothing left to say but simply said,

“Yeah, I understand what you’re trying to say man. But you know what; maybe she’s worth the risk after all?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Where could Seohyun be Sooyoung? I’m worried. She left the room hastily, and I’m pretty sure she left crying.” Hyoyeon said, worriedly.

“I know, that’s why we need to find her.” Sooyoung simply said.

After walking for quite a while, they saw Seohyun sitting by a bench near the stairs.

“Hyuuuun!” Hyoyeon shouted. Hyoyeon and Sooyoung ran to Seohyun.

“Are you ok?” Hyoyeon asked. And with that simple question, Seohyun’s eyes started to water again. She simply can’t help it.

“Hyooo.” She sobbed and hugged Hyoyeon as Sooyoung went to Seohyun’s back to hug her as well.

“There, there; I know. Stop crying already. Do you want us to kick Yong’s right here, right now?”

Hyoyeon asked her seriously, which made Seohyun chuckled a bit.

“No. I don’t want that. It’s just; I don’t understand why this hurts so badly. I don’t know what I’m feeling and I want it to stop. I think I don’t have the right to feel this because all I know is that, my feelings for Yonghwa, its’ one-sided. He doesn’t feel anything for me, that’s why . .” Seohyun tried to continue but she couldn’t.

“You’re jealous Hyun. That feeling you’re feeling right now. It’s normal when you like someone and seeing them with someone else. You just have to bear with it if you really like someone.” Sooyoung explained.

“Shh. Please stop crying Hyun. I don’t know what to say when I see you cry like this. It hurts us too.” Hyoyeon said compassionately to Seohyun.

“I – I just don’t understand. If Yonghwa kissed that girl, does she mean anything to him?” Seohyun asked, still sobbing.

Both Hyoyeon and Sooyoung did not know how to answer since they just met the girl too.

“Was he just playing with me when he kissed me?” Seohyun whispered the words weakly.

But as weak as it was, Hyoyeon and Sooyung both heard it.

“WHAT? HE DID WHAT TO YOU?” Hyoyeon shouted in the hall while Sooyoung was too stunned to hear Seohyun’s words as well.

“WHEN ?!” Hyoyeon sounded like she was giving out commands.

“At the clinic, last time he. .” Seohyun looked down, blushing. She couldn’t believe that she said it to them.

“The last time you fainted? He took advantage of you and stole your freakin’ first kiss!? I’m going to kill him!” Hyoyeon said.

She was obviously mad at Yonghwa’s lack of sense of formality and his overflowing stupidity.

“And after he stole her first kiss, he kisses some random flirt girl in front of her!” Hyoyeon thought madly to herself.

“No. Please don’t get mad at him.” Seohyun tried to defend him.

“No Seohyun, you also have to get mad at him! Every girl wants their first kiss to be the most romantic experience of their life! Hell, I even had to put Doojoon through a lot in order for him to deserve that first kiss from me!” Hyoyeon explained.

“Oh.” Seohyun answered, not knowing that that’s the way things should be.

“OH well, but before that, Yonghwa really kissed you? Where?” Hyoyeon asked again, and Seohyun pointed to her lips innocently.

“WHATTTT?? I thought he kissed you on the cheeks, I mean, yes I was talking about Doojoon and mine’s first kiss in the lips awhile ago, but he kissed you in the lips? I can’t seem to understand what’s going through Yong’s mind!” Hyoyeon said and looked at Sooyoung whose expression became guarded.

Hyoyeon seemed to understand Sooyoung’s sudden expression change but did not mention about it.

“Now then, let’s just eat our dinner eh? Without those two!” Hyoyeon said, cheerfully.

They went to a small shop that serves all types of noodles. Seohyun have forgotten shortly about Yonghwa since it was her first time to actually see that noodles can look and be cooked in different ways. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon went to the powder room first.

“Sooyoung, uhm, awhile ago. . .” Hyoyeon tried to say.

“I don’t understand Yonghwa too Hyo. I mean, I know Seohyun is perfect. She’s very kind and innocent. I like her very much because of that. And that’s also why he can’t –“

“Hey guys, our noodles are already out, it might get cold if we don’t eat it quickly!” Seohyun suddenly burst into the door which surprised them both.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After they finished eating; Hyoyeon and Sooyoung walked Seohyun home first. Then Sooyoung went home as well while Hyoyeon planned to do something and went back to Seohyun’s building.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Seohyun walked up the stairs, she remembered the last time she was here with Yonghwa and the awkward conversation they had too. Seohyun let out a huge sigh and thought

“At least, there are no awkward silences this time.” Then she remembered Yonghwa’s huge smile and his kiss to that girl.

“Yong, I’m sorry I felt this way for you. It wasn’t something I planned on doing.” Then she thought about their last kiss and how she felt.

At that time, she didn’t know what to feel. And right now, after everything that’s happened, she still doesn’t know what to feel.

“I wanted it to be romantic too. The place and the time may not matter for me; what truly matters is the person you had it with, and his feelings for you while you’re having that first kiss. And right now, I don’t know anymore.” Seohyun thought.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A thunderous pound on their door woke Yonghwa up from his sleep. He slept in the couch again, with his guitar on his hand. Once again, he was unable to sleep due to the previous events that kept on playing back in his mind.

Doojoon woke up too, his cellphone on his hand.

“Your outside? At this hour? Wha-what? Seriously?” Doojoon could not make out enough words to make a sentence. He was too shocked that Hyoyeon was outside their house at this hour!

When he opened the door, Hyoyeon quickly entered their room and went to slap Yonghwa in the face.

All three of them froze for a second and when Hyoyeon was about to give Yonghwa a punch this time, Doojoon quickly grabbed her back.

“Let go of me Doojoon!” Hyoyeon shouted.

“Babe, what’s wrong? Stop this. .” Doojoon tried to hold her back as she tried to attack Yonghwa again.

Yonghwa simply stood in front of them, not trying to hide or protect himself from Hyoyeon.

“Yong! What the hell is wrong with you?!” Hyoyeon tried to calm herself this time; after realizing that she might disturb their neighbors if she started a fight in there.

“Babe? Could you please explain why you’re here? At our apartment? At this hour?” Doojoon tried saying again, but Hyoyeon did not seem to hear him.

“Yong, we’ve been friends for two years, though we may not admit it. But what you did to Seohyun?” Hyoyeon tried to make her actions clear of its purpose.

“Babe, if this is about what happened this afternoon, it was a misunderstanding. Shin­-hye is someone special to Yonghwa but . .”

“Yong! Why would you kiss Seohyun in the lips when you two went to the clinic! She was vulnerable that time and you took advantage of her! Do you know how innocent she is? Do you even realize that it was her first kiss! And you stole it from her!” This time, Doojoon looked at Yonghwa, understanding why her beloved girlfriend would come to their apartment at this hour, and he’s not even the reason why she came!

Yonghwa also looked shocked upon hearing Hyoyeon’s words.

“First kiss, first kiss, first kiss, and stole it from her, stole . . .” those words kept on repeating inside Yonghwa’s head.

He did not expect that it was her first kiss. He knew she was inexperienced but he really never thought that his kiss was Seohyun’s first.

“Yong! Say something!” Hyoyeon shouted and pushed Yonghwa’s chest which made him backed off a little.

“Aren’t you sorry with what you did?!” Hyoyeon almost shouted, mad at Yonghwa’s lack of reaction aside from his surprised look.

This time, Yonghwa looked at her sharply and said,

“ Slap me. Punch me. Do whatever you like, if it would make you feel at ease and if you think that it’s the only way to get a retribution for her. I’ll gladly accept anything you do to me without fighting back; because if fighting back means that I regret kissing her, then I’d rather do nothing and get beaten up.”

Hyoyeon and Doojoon both looked at Yonghwa with a confused and shocked look. It was the first time that they’ve ever heard Yonghwa say such things.

“But Yong, Seohyun is too kind and innocent. It’s unsafe for her to be around you and what about you and Sooyoung? We’re trying to hide everything from Seohyun to keep her from being hurt and you’re making everything all too difficult to manage!” Hyoyeon said, worried for Seohyun’s sake.

“Please stay out of this Hyoyeon.” Yonghwa coolly answered and continued,

“You have to go home Hyo. Doojoon will go with you. It’s late and dangerous outside.” And with that, Yonghwa left their room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun was shining brightly inside Seohyun’s room the next day. She and Sooyoung did not know anything about what Hyoyeon did last night.

When she opened her eyes, she prayed that this day would be better than yesterday.

And when she opened her eyes again, it was already eight in the morning. Seohyun quickly stood up and realized that she was already late for school.

“Ahh! I’m late. Eotteoke!” she quickly took a bath, put o her uniform, used some sunlight cream on her face, drank fresh milk from her mini refrigerator and brushed her teeth.

She ran out of her apartment without even combing her hair. Luckily, her hair was silky enough that it doesn’t need a lot of combing, so she simply used her hands and ran it through her hair.

She reached Seisho High for less than ten minutes since it was pretty near.

 As she ran through the hall, she noticed someone walking calmly alone while there she was, panicking because she was late again.

The person looked back and she saw that it was Yonghwa.

Seohyun slowed down and paused in front of him.

“Hi.” Yonghwa greeted first with a slight bow. Seohyun also bowed and said,

“You’re late too?”

“Uh, yeah.” He simply answered, unable to look Seohyun in the eye.

She wondered if he knew about her sudden outburst yesterday and maybe he already felt awkward around her.

Then Seohyun had another thought and asked,

“Why aren’t you in a hurry too if you’re also late?” Yonghwa gave out a passive look and said,

“There’s no difference in going to school, three, ten minutes or even an hour late. Late is still late, so why bother on hurrying yourself.” Seohyun laughed at his distinctive logic and walked unhurriedly as well.

When the two of them reached their room, it was like deja vu.

All of their classmates were in class and it was the same teacher they had during their first late together.

“As expected, Yonghwa and Seohyun, you two are late again. Where have you two been this time?” their teacher said sarcastically.

Seohyun bowed her head and apologized.

“No, No, No, Miss Seohyun. An apology is not enough. You two, proceed to the principal’s office right now.” Seohyun looked at Hyoyeon and Sooyoung who were among the crowd and had a worried look on their face as well.

Yonghwa bowed again and left their classroom.

Seohyun quickly followed him and asked, “Yong, where are you going?”

“Principal’s office.”

“What kind of punishment are they going to give us?” Seohyun asked Yong, wondering, since she has never experienced being punished her entire life.

“Detention, I think.” Yonghwa answered.

As they entered the principal’s office, goose bumps were evident all over Seohyun’s body.

Their principal was a large man who likes to eat donuts.

“Yong, again. Oh? And you’ve influenced a friend on going to school late Yong?” Seohyun wondered why their principal seemed to know Yonghwa quite well.

“Well if you’re wondering Miss Seohyun why I’m familiar with this man is because, he’s here, all the time. Making troubles before. Then evolved into someone who simply skips classes during his Mr. Shibuya days and now; I’m glad to see that he’s just here for tardiness.” Their principal explained, understanding what Seohyun was thinking.

“Now, you two proceed in the detention room and write five hundred sentences each, saying

“I’m sorry for being late. I will not do it again.”

“Five hundred?” Seohyun shouted.

“Chop-Chop, hurry and get started.” Their principal simply smirked at them.

Yonghwa lead the way to the detention room wherein there were only the two of them inside.

He did not talk to Seohyun but simply started writing.

Seohyun started writing as well, but after writing one hundred sentences, she fell asleep.

Seohyun overslept and got too tired that day because she barely slept last night thinking about everything she knows about Yonghwa and trying to figure him out.

Seohyun slept for almost an hour and when she woke up, their principal was inside the room while Yonghwa was preparing to move out.

“Oh my! I slept! My five hundred sentence -“

“Yours is already here Seohyun.” Their principal inserted.

“But I- I was just . . .” she looked at Yonghwa who also looked at her without any expression in his face.

“I don’t understand.”

“You may leave now Seohyun. Don’t be late again and I hope you learn something from today.” As their principal talked, Yonghwa already left the room.

When Seohyun also gathered her things, she noticed a folded paper on her desk and something was written on it back to back.

When she opened it, it only said “Seohyun, I’m sorry.” And it was rewritten over five hundred times too.

“Seohyun, I don’t want to be inconsiderate but since it’s your first time in detention, I would understand. And besides, you showed me a better side of Yonghwa.”

“Huh? I’m sorry but I don’t understand what you mean sir.”

“Yonghwa wrote a total of one thousand ‘I’m sorry’ because the other half is in your behalf since you slept during the entire time you’re in detention.

“Really?” Seohyun was really surprised and flattered upon hearing that Yonghwa did such a thing for her.

She looked at the note in her hands saying “Seohyun, I’m sorry” and she knew that it was from him.

She smiled with the thought as she walked back to their classroom.

“I wonder if he’s saying sorry for kissing that girl’s cheek yesterday.” Seohyun thought and blushed.

“Hyuuuun! Were you punished badly?” Hyoyeon ran towards her with Sooyoung right behind.

“No, but really, we just wrote an apology letter or something.” Seohyun said, still smiling.

“Oh and look!” Seohyun said excitedly, showing Hyoyeon and Sooyoung the note that Yonghwa wrote for her.

Sooyoung smiled upon seeing it while Hyoyeon laughed out loud, knowing the reason behind Yonghwa’s cute note for Seohyun.

 

END OF CHAPTER 9

Author’s Note: What do you think about this chapter? :DD I’m sorry if I wasn’t able to update yesterday. Please leave your comments or suggestions. Thank You !!!! :**