UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

 

UNREQUITED LOVE

CHAPTER 6

 

The room was enticingly warm and the sun has elicited an orange-like color inside the room. Yong watched the girl sleeping soundly on the bed. The sun’s rays highlighted her long silky hair which was nicely tucked underneath her. She has smooth and fair skin.

Yong focused on her soft, luscious red lips which used to be very pale when she fainted; now it got back its natural color.

He took a piece of paper from his pocket and read it over and over again and shoved it inside his pocket again.

It was almost sunset and classes are nearly at its end for today.

Seohyun opened her eyes, wondering where she was. She slowly closed her eyes again, remembering her recent classroom incident, without noticing the guy standing coolly near the shelf beside the bed.

“Aigoo. What an awful dream. Tss, it was so embarrassing.” Seohyun whispered to herself.

“It wasn’t a dream.” Suddenly, a familiar voice interrupted her line of thoughts.

Surprised, she quickly opened her eyes and bolted upright too see if her instincts were correct on whom the owner of the voice was.

She realized that she was in their school clinic and turning from the bed, Seohyun saw that the owner of the voice was leaning on one of the shelves.

His shoulders were settled on the shelf’s frame and his arms are folded across his chest.

“He looked so calm and handsome in that position.” Seohyun blushed with the thought.

She suddenly became very conscious and refused to look at the person any longer. He was watching her intently, as if puzzling on what to make of her.

“You haven’t eaten anything today, that’s why you fainted in class.”He said.  Seohyun could not look at him and simply watched her entwined fingers on her lap and said,

“Uh, right.”

“I bought you some food to eat. It’s on the table beside you.” Seohyun looked at Yonghwa and quickly diverted eye contact with the sweet potatoes on the table instead.

“Gogu--?” she started then Yonghwa finished saying “-ma.” Seohyun looked at Yonghwa for two seconds then looked at her hands again. She was unable to speak except for the words,

“Thank you.”

“You should eat.” Yonghwa continued saying again.

“Uh, yeah.” Seohyun replied and tried to stand up.

Her legs were still wobbly and Yonghwa went to her and helped her balance. Then he quickly resumed back to his position.

Yonghwa kept on staring at Seohyun which made her self-conscious. She took one sweet potato and started eating it.

“Thank you. Uhm, I actually love sweet potatoes.” Seohyun said shyly while Yonghwa simply stared at her.

Their school doctor came in the room and both of them looked at him.

“Miss Seo Joo Hyun. I’m glad you’re finally awake. You fainted awhile ago because you have not eaten anything today. I’m happy to see that you’re finally eating. I guess Yonghwa bought that for you?”

“Uh, yes he did.” Seohyun replied shyly.

“Yes, well luckily there are no other problems found in your system. So you’re free to go anytime you’re ready. Just don’t skip meals or we’ll see each other again right? By the way, I already gave your medical certificate to Yonghwa to excuse your absence.”

“Uhm, thank you.” Seohyun said and bowed to the doctor.

“Thank you Mr. Park.” Yonghwa also said and bowed once the doctor took his leave.

“You just moved in your apartment right? You should eat on time.” Yonghwa told her and suddenly there was an awkward atmosphere inside the room and an electric feeling between the two.

“Uhm, I understand. I’m sorry for always bothering you. Uhm, did Hyoyeon and Sooyoung came here.”

“They’re still in class.” Yonghwa answered Seohyun, now looking at her the same way as before.

Seohyun on the other hand, could not seem to do the same thing. She assumed that Yonghwa is thinking about what happened in their classroom earlier.

“I’ll die if Yonghwa would ask about the note earlier.” Seohyun thought while trying to look at Yonghwa who was still staring at her.

Despite the relaxed posture that Yonghwa was showing, Seohyun had the unnerving sense that if she tried to walk now, Yonghwa would catch her in an instant and ask her about the previous incident. She quickly finished her sweet potato and hastily took her belongings.

“Um, thank you once again for your help. I-uhm, I’d better go. I have find the gi-girls.” Seohyun stammered and headed to the door.

He reached it at the same time she did, one hand flattened against the door panel near Seohyun’s head.

Seohyun was alarmed and nervous at the same time! She turned to face him and realized that he was standing too close to her, his body nearly touching hers. She noticed his breathing changed rapidly.

Yonghwa tried to master himself and reminded himself with the situation.

Seohyun stepped back and pressed herself against the door, trying to distance herself a few inches away from Yonghwa.

He placed his other hand on the door beside Seohyun’s head, preventing Seohyun from going anywhere.

“Before you leave,” Seohyun could feel the heat of his body near her.

“I have something for you.” Yonghwa said.

He took a piece of paper from his pocket. It was the note that Hyoyeon passed to Seohyun earlier.

Seohyun’s eyes grew big and her face showed a very surprised look along with embarrassed too. Yonghwa started reading it while he kept looking at Seohyun’s eyes everytime he would pause.

“Name: Jung Yonghwa

Bday: I don’t know?

About Jung Yonghwa: Like Sooyoung, I met him two years ago. He was known to be strong that no one could even defeat him. That’s why I challenged him. That’s how we met. I heard that he was a rebellious person. Based from what I know, he loves music but since he came from a rich family, his parents found his love for music as a nuisance to Yonghwa’s studies and success. He separated from his family and lived an independent life. He works part time in a bar where he gets to sing his music. That’s where he learned how to fight too. He does not depend on anyone but himself. He joined Mr. and Miss Shibuya last year and he won as Mr. Shibuya alongside with Soouyoung as Miss Shibuya. He won a lot of money.”

 

 Yonghwa slightly laughed and continued.

 

“He stopped working in that club and found a different part time job. He also stopped fighting since then.” Yonghwa finished reading Hyoyeon’s note and became silent for a few seconds.

 

Seohyun did not try to move nor breathe from her position beneath Yonghwa.

 

“Hyoyeon knows quite a lot about me.” He looked at Seohyun once again and this time, Seohyun could not seem to look away from his intimate looking eyes.

 

He might have put a spell on her because she seemed paralyzed. She was barely processing the contents of the note that Yonghwa just read.

 

“Now, what I’m wondering is, why would Hyoyeon give you a note that contains personal information about me?” Seohyun could not speak, her face turning red, like what always happen when she thinks about Yonghwa.

 

“Am I interesting, Seo Joohyun?” Yonghwa asked deliberately.

 

“Do. You. Like. Me . . . Hyun?” Seohyun’s eyes grew bigger and her lips opened slightly, in answer to his question.

 

Yonghwa’s eyes gave a satisfied look upon seeing Seohyun’s reaction.

 

“I-I-I . . I’m,” but before Seohyun could finish what she was trying to say, and before she could even think, move or breathe, Yonghwa bent his head and took with his.

 

Surprised, Seohyun went motionless beneath Yonghwa’s soft, passionate kiss.

 

He threw the paper and slid his arms around her, bringing her closer to him.

 

Seohyun, innocent as she was, didn’t know what to do or how to even respond from the kiss. She was too surprised to articulate what was really happening.

 

Yonghwa was actually kissing her fervently. She tried to close her eyes and felt every slide of his tongue.

 

Everything seemed like in slow motion. She tried to feel every single thing around her and she opened her eyes.

 

It was her first kiss!

 

Seohyun tried to pull away to get some air, but Yonghwa demanded for more.

 

He pushed her flat against the door and he could not seem to stop kissing her.

 

When he realized what he was doing, he abruptly released Seohyun; too stunned with his own actions.

 

He tried to step back, but his body did the opposite thing.

 

He held Seohyun’s arms. Seohyun let out a gasp and said,

 

“Yong. . you’re hurting me.” He slowly let go of her and quickly got his posture back and said,

 

“By the way, Hyoyeon left out an insignificant information.” Seohyun looked at him, still lost between reality and into some unknown place.

 

Yonghwa also looked at her, her eyes wide and unseeing, her cheeks slightly flushed, and her lips; her lips, puffier than it should have been, showed that it had just been kissed. By him!

 

Yonghwa closed his eyes and tried not to think about that thought and said, “My birthday is on June 22.” And with that, Yonghwa hurriedly left the room.

 

 

END OF CHAPTER 6

 

Author’s Note: Please don’t think that things between Seohyun and Yonghwa are going too fast. I’m just trying to show a bit about Yonghwa. Thank you!