UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

Chapter 25

 

“I – I have to get back there. Please. I can’t stand staying here while my – my… ” She couldn’t bring herself to say it. She kept on whispering in a hushed voice, aware that her twins are sleeping soundly beside them… her eyes pleading eagerly to the man she’s talking to.

“Why? So you could leave us? Your twins are just two years old and you’re planning on leaving us? I kept saying this, I know that I haven’t done my part as a father of this family, no matter how hard I try, but I can’t see the point of you, leaving us? Do you love him?” the man replied in an almost accusatory but hushed tone.

“How – how could you ask such a thing? The woman replied, shocked and hurt evident in her voice.

The two persons arguing are Yong and Sooyoung’s parents, a long long time ago. But the memories keep on hunting him and now; more often.

“How could you do this to me and to us? I know having the twins that early is not easy and it took almost everything from us in order to survive. But we promised each other that we would do this together!” Sooyoung’s and Yonghwa’s dad shouted, looking at their mom with eyes that are filled with both love and hatred.

He looked like a man who felt betrayed by the only person he trusted most.

Their mom kept on trying to hold their dad, crying.

“Please listen to me. Please. . I never wanted that to happen. He forced me into doing it. I didn’t have a choice!” Their mom tried to talk while still crying.

She kept a low voice in order not to wake Yonghwa and Sooyoung up.

They were still two years old when this event happened. The twins were too young and innocent to understand what really was happening that time.

“What about the twins? What are they going to do if they grow up and found out that -“

“STOP! I – I can’t think about it anymore. I couldn’t do anything. Please listen to me and understand that-”

“No. There’s no excuse for that. I know it was unfair to ask you to work too and support this family. I know I did not have the ability to support this family, no matter how hard I tried to work. It was my fault that you had to leave and work as a maid; away from the twins while they were only one year old at that time. But I still can’t accept that after a year, you go back and tell me this! Did you love him?” Their father asked, looking straight into their mom’s eyes. As if he could read the depth of her soul by looking through it.

Their mom became silent and continued to cry. And then she said,

“No. I never loved him. If you won’t listen and believe me when I tell you that it happened against my will and I couldn’t do anything about it because he’s very rich, then how am I supposed to explain everything to you?”

“I’m going to kill him! I’ll kill him! I’ll find a way to do so!” Their father said, walking towards the door.

He punched the wall beside the door and caused a hole in it.

The twins woke up with a startled cry and called for their parents. Their mom and dad looked at Yonghwa and Sooyoung; they have no idea how to continue on with their lives after what happened. Their mom went to tend for them while their dad left the house for that night.

He woke up again as cold sweat covered his entire body.

“It’s the same dream over and over again.” He heaved a huge sigh, not knowing what to do.

“My past just keeps on hunting me. And now, it hunts my twins too.”

He looked up outside the bars and saw a guard standing outside. “You have a visitor.” He heard him say.

As he went inside the visiting area, he saw his son sitting in a nearby bench. His look was lost and blank. The same look he had when they first met each other.

“Yong.” His dad said as he approached him.

Yong stood up to give his father a manly hug and quickly sat back.

“Yong, how are you? You don’t look fine son.” Yong looked at his dad; lost, hoping that he can somehow find the answers from him.

“Dad, I’ve nowhere to ask. My life, it started as a complication. And I know that it became more complicated but somehow, I’ve changed. I’m not the person I used to be when we first met.”

“What’s wrong Yong? Is this about that guy?” Yong looked at his dad hopelessly and hesitated.

“Yes. And a girl.”

“A girl?” His dad asked curiously and continued

“Is this the girl Soo has been talking about? I’ve heard about her.”

“Yes. I guess. She changed me, dad.”

“I understand Yong. And now that guy wants to hurt her too?” Yong looked at his dad again and wondered how does dads always know what’s bothering their children.

“Yes dad. Sometimes I thought about how I just want to escape all this and focus myself to music but..”

“But then again, there’s this girl.”

“Yes.. Her name is Hyun.” Yong finally said, defeated.

“I have to protect her dad. I have to protect all of you. If only I know how to do it without hurting anybody.” His dad thought about telling Yong the truth that he found out that night that he killed –J.J.’s dad.

The truth about who –J.J. really is.

“If I hadn’t lost himself that night...” He sighed again, regrets overflowing through his entire being.

He’s pained to see his son paying for everything he’s done. He thought about telling –J.J. too about who he really is and maybe, just maybe, all these complications would stop.

“You need to promise me not to tell this to anyone dad. I just need to tell this to someone. But promise me, you won’t tell this to anyone. Not even Soo.” Yong’s voice returned him back from his reverie. And then he replied,

“I promise Yong. What is it about?”

His son replied, his eyes full of pain but determination.

“I’m going to leave Hyun.” Yong’s dad looked at him twice, surprised with the finality in his son’s voice.

“Why? Because of –J.J.??” His dad asked, quite shocked and annoyed but not with his son. Annoyed with himself. He can’t help but blame himself on all this.

“Yes. I love her dad. And I would do anything to protect her. Especially when –J.J. is threatening her life. He just can’t afford to see us happy. He said that if I’ll do it, he’ll leave all of us alone.”

“But Yong, what about you? What about Hyun?” His father asked again, now pitying his son for having to do all these. Indeed, he’s a grown man.

“Hyun?” Yong thought to himself and gave up thinking. He doesn’t know the answer to their father’s question. And he remembered what Hyo told him earlier,

It would be best for you to break up with Hyun now and then she can go, meet and fall for the guy that her parents want her to meet!” It kept on replaying inside Yong’s headand the thought of Hyun with another man is just… painful.

After his visit with his father, Yong left but did not go straight home. He went to have a few bottles of drink first.

“Babe, Yong’s not yet home. Do you think he’s okay?”

Hyo received a text message from Doojoon and remembered their talk earlier.

“I must have been hard on Yong. But why would he even say that?” she thought about Yong’s words earlier:

“Well, she entered into a relationship like what we have now, why isn’t she willing to take risks of getting hurt for it?”

“Is he nuts?” Hyo tried to reason with herself, whether he did the right thing.

She thought about telling Hyun that Yong’s still not home but she didn’t want to add more stress for her and decided to text Soo instead.

“Soo, Yong’s not yet home. Doojoon texted me. Do you have any idea where he might be?”

Soo read the text message from her friend. She was still awake that late since she was busy talking to Siwon on the phone. Soo already told Siwon everything about her past, including –J.J. since luckily for her, threats from –J.J. has stopped recently. Unknowing to Soo, Siwon has already hired a personal investigator to look up on who –J.J. really is.

“Yong isn’t home yet.” Soo told Siwon worriedly after she read Hyo’s text message and went back to talking to Siwon on the phone.

“Maybe he’s just thinking about what happened earlier?” Siwon tried to supply answers, sad to hear his girlfriend’s worried voice on the phone.

“Do you want me to ask someone to look for him?” He continued, trying to help.

“You don’t think –J.J. got him do you? I mean last time he stood Hyun up during their date, I – I just thought that ..”

“Stop overthinking Soo, I’m sure your brother’s fine. If he got into a fight, I think he’s strong enough. And besides, Yong wouldn’t give up that easily. Not when Hyun’s around right?”

“I guess so. But I just can’t help but get worried about him. As I told you, our lives are not like an average person’s life like.” Soo said with an ironic smile on the other line.

“I know, but I love you anyways.” Siwon said and thought about something and said

“Okay, if we still don’t know Yong’s whereabouts until 6:00am tomorrow morning, I’ll ask for a search for him. Is that okay with you? Or do you want me to start the search now?”

“Really? You’ll do that?” “Yeah. But I suggest we start searching tomorrow. We don’t want to overreact, don’t we?”

“Okay. Thank you – thank you so much!” Soo said and Siwon smiled on the phone, listening to her much livelier voice.

Soo also quickly informed Doojoon and Hyo about Siwon’s plans and they agreed to it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyun woke up because of the loud knock on her door.

She tried to look around and could barely see clearly her apartment since the only light that illuminated her apartment is her bed lamp.

The knock on the door kept on going and she took her cell phone to see what time is it.

“01:15am! Who would that be at this time?? she was half asleep and half awake. She got up and put on a robe to cover her night gown and to see who would knock on her door at this hour!

 

End of Chapter 25

A/N: So what do you think of this Chapter?? :DD I hope you leave a comment!! And subscribe if you haven't yow :)))

I'll update soon. Do you have any suggestions about what you want to happen next? Comment all the way <3 

THANKS!