UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

Chapter 37

 

Soo and Hyo scrambled out of their seats when they saw the males and Hyun walking towards them.

“Hyun…” they said in unison but kept their voices low since everyone else are still asleep.

All three girls went into a big hug and took Hyun out of Yong’s warm, supporting arm.

“Hyun… I’m so sorry…” Hyo started to say but Hyun stopped her.

After Yong made sure that Hyun has already calmed down and Siwon for Soo, they all went back into their tents since Siwon insisted since what they were doing was against school rules.

The three remained awake while recalling their misadventure earlier.

“I wanted to see a ghost but I did not expect that it would be that scary… it would have been much worse for you Hyun??” Hyo asked and faced Hyun while supporting her body with her elbow.

It took Hyun a second to answer. Everything that happened earlier seemed like it didn’t happen at all and not only a few minutes ago.

“I ran so sluggishly that’s why I got left. And when I realized I was alone, I don’t know. I entered one of the classrooms and prayed. I closed my eyes… I continued to hear those loud banging sounds but I decided to close my eyes so that I won’t see anything…”

Soo let out the breath she was holding on for a few seconds and said…

“It was really scary indeed. But how did they found you Hyun?”

Hyun did not answer right away again and when she did, she said…

“I heard Yong’s voice call me…”

“But Jinwoon and Siwon also looked for you…” Soo also said.

“Jinwoon found me, actually.” Hyun said.

The other girls were silent for a minute then Hyo finally spoke.

“I guess, I’ve misjudged Jinwoon too. I didn’t like him from the start because he was all over you every time he gets the chance. And I didn’t want him for you Hyun but…”

“That’s what I’ve been thinking too.” Hyun added.

And for the rest of the night, the girls proceeded into talking about different things and ideas that girls normally talk about.

---

Yong on the other hand, could not get himself to sleep. The view he saw earlier was too much.

He hated to see Hyun with Jinwoon. It should have been him and his arms wrapped around Hyun but Jinwoon did a good job finding Hyun too.

He sighed for the nth time and forced himself to get some rest.

---

The next morning, the group has risen early to prepare for the next day. Some had enough sleep and some did not get any, like the three girls, Hyun, Soo and Hyo.

Today, the groupis headed to Sooyoung’s hometown.

Sooyoung and Siwon are looking forward for this day, especially since Siwon would finally meet Sooyoung’s stepdad. He had already met Sooyoung’s real father which was the scariest day of his life.

This one might be the second scariest day of his life too because he may be meeting Sooyoung’s stepdad only, but that man also loves Sooyoung as much as she’s his real daughter.

But Siwon and Sooyoung aren’t only the excited ones for this trip. Yong has been thinking about this trip ever since he learned that they would also be visiting Sooyoung’s hometown too.

“Our half sisters would be there.” Yong thought silently beside Hyun when they were already in the bus headed to Sooyoung’s town.

“Finally, I’ll meet our mom.” He gripped his hand tighter as he started to get all misty-eyed just thinking about meeting his mom after how many years they’ve been apart… even if he would only be visiting her in her grave.

“Would I get answers there? The place where my mom lived her life until her last breath? Would I know her side of the story about –J.J.? …Dad never told us why he killed –J.J.’s father. We also never heard about his mom either… will we even know –J.J.’s real identity?”

He sighed… “If only our mom was alive… then maybe all these questions in my head would be answered…”

“Yong…? Are you okay?” Hyun’s sweet and worried voice sunk into Yong’s mind, bringing him back to reality.

He looked at her and all too suddenly, he pulled Hyun into a tight hug without any care on whether who was watching them.

Hyun was surprised by Yong’s impulsive action, but she waited for him to say anything… knowing that Yong might be thinking a lot of things that she does not know of lately…

“I just hope you’d tell me Yong…” Hyun thought and closed her eyes thinking that Yong would tell her what’s eating him.

After a little while, Yong slowly moved and lessened his tight grip with Hyun. Still holding her, he moved his face closer to her ear…

Everything went motionless and all Hyun could feel was his warm breath near her ear.

“I love you Hyun…” she heard him say. She opened her eyes looking specifically at nothing.

She was filled with an overwhelming feeling of warmth and love. She wanted to know what was bothering him but she knew that asking him would only make him uncomfortable…

And hearing him say that made her feel that she was doing the right thing… and for that moment… she knew that she will always love this man no matter what.

Yong positioned her face lower and now she was directly listening to his beating heart.

She can hear his heart beat… calm and steady but strong.

She felt his warm mouth, giving her a kiss on her forehead… then she heard him say again.

“Thank you…”

She hugged him back tighter and after a few minutes… they sat properly again… side by side, hand in hand, not even saying anything.

 

 

End of Chapter 37