UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

Chapter 22

 

 It was an ordinary Monday morning, but the atmosphere inside their classroom is already heavy and serious.

Aside from the concerns that Hyun is facing; the issue that her parents are coming to Shibuya for the sole reason of arranging someone for her; and the problem that Yong has with regards to –J.J. and his favor; the two of them also try and find ways of making their mutual understanding work.

But right now, Yong, upon seeing Jinwoon side by side with Hyun, again; simply makes his blood boil a little bit.

“We’ve been through this Yong.” Yong told himself as he tries to calm his nerves down and entered their classroom.

He went to Hyun’s chair, where Jinwoon was also seated beside Hyun, while Hyo and Soo sat near them.

“Hyun.” He said. Hyun and Jinwoon both looked up and saw Yong standing in front of Hyun’s desk.

“Yong.” Hyun said, confused if she should find the situation awkward.

She remembered the last time Yong ignored her also because of Jinwoon.

“Have you eaten yet?” Yong asked Hyun without looking at Jinwoon.

“Uhm, actually I haven’t.” Hyun answered with an apologetic smile and said

“I forgot about the time. I was so busy..”

“Tutoring.” Yong finished her sentence while looking at Jinwoon, as if blaming him that Hyun hasn’t eaten yet.

Jinwoon gave him back a smile, the kind of smile that does not reach the eyes and said,

“I’m sorry if I kept her from eating.”

“It’s no big deal, really.” Hyun tried to interrupt, obviously feeling the tension between the two. Yong looked at Hyun again and smiled; acting like Jinwoon wasn’t around again and took Hyun’s hand.

Jinwoon, Hyo, Soo, and as well as Hyun’s eyes widened as they realized what Yong did. Yong pulled Hyun gently out of her chair and took her outside their classroom.

Hyo, Soo and especially Jinwoon were left speechless and utterly hopeless of stopping Yong.

“Yong? Where are we going?” Hyun asked, smiling at Yong’s impulsive actions. He handed Hyun a sandwich and acted coolly.

“Here. You should eat you know. You should take care of yourself too.” Hyun was touched by what Yong did and said,

“Well I won’t have to take care of myself if you’re always there to take care of me.” Hyun wanted it to sound sweet but Yong’s face became distant and serious.

“No Hyun, you should just take care of yourself whether I’m around or not.” Hyun’s heart trembled a bit by Yong’s words.

If she hadn’t known better, it was as if Yong was trying to tell her something. Like saying goodbye.

But surely, Yong wouldn’t do that.

Yong took the sandwich out of Hyun’s hands and opened it while Hyun looked down, not sure of what she should feel and how she should interpret Yong’s words.

How does a situation which started sweetly turn into something as serious as this?

But before Hyun could indulge herself further into thoughts, she felt Yong’s hand on the top of her head, smoothening her hair.

She looked up at Yong and saw that he was already smiling. He was trying to feed Hyun with the sandwich and Hyun took it from him.

After Hyun ate, they both went back to the classroom and proceeded with their classes.

When the school bell rang which signified that classes were over, Hyo leaped out of her seat, acting like she has been imprisoned there for the entire day.

“Today’s very tiring.” Hyo said and took her bag while Soo, Hyun and Yong also took theirs.

They started to head out of the building.

“Guys, about the educational trip, I’m sad to inform you that I’ll only be around until the third day.”

“What?” Hyo shouted and continued

“Why??”

“Remember last time when I received a call from my step dad? I was supposed to go there this weekend but since we have an educational trip, a postponed it a week after.”

“So you should still be around if you’re going the week after next week.” Hyun also inquired.

“Yeah but then I learned that one of the places we’re visiting is our home town, so I asked permission to our adviser this morning that I’d be left there instead.”

“How about the reaction papers that we need to write about each of the place that we visit Soo? What will you do about the places after your home town?” Hyun asked again.

“I asked our teacher if I could write more about my home town since it is known for the different cultural places there.”

“Ohhh. Can we go with you too? I’d like to visit your mom too Soo.”

 “You’re going to visit your mom?” Yong interrupted, all of them, except Hyun, knew that he was referring to his and Soo’s real mom.

“Uhh yeah. Dad told me that there are a lot of stuffs that mom left and he wants me to be the one to keep them. Who knows, I might find secrets that my mom still keeps up until now.” Soo said jokingly and added,

“I mean, all of you can come and visit my mom too if you’d like.” She said, knowing that Yong would love it too.

“I hope we can!” Hyo shouted happily.

As the four of them walked, Doojoon went to catch them and they all went to eat dinner.

Yong, who was seated next to Hyun and was putting beef and vegetables on her plate, noticed that Hyun was much quieter today than she normally is.

Hyo, seated across Hyun, also noticed Yong noticing Hyun. Hyo looked at Yong with inquiring eyes but Yong answered her with an unknowing look.

“Hyun?” Soo called Hyun, also noticing her down spirits.

“Huh?”

“Is something wrong?” Soo continued to ask while everyone else listened attentively. Hyun simply smiled and said that she was fine.

After they finished dinner, Soo, Hyo and Doojoon went ahead of them since Siwon came to the restaurant that they were eating to take Sooyoung home.

Doojoon and Hyo also went inside Siwon’s car.

Hyun and Yong decided to walk like they always did.

At first they walked quietly along the sidewalk as their hands keep on bumping with each other.

Yong, who noticed it and was evidently aware of the need to hold Hyun’s hands, took a deep breath and took her hand without asking Hyun.

“Uhh.. Yong?” Hyun said looking at Yong while Yong looked straight their path.

Hyun smiled and continued to walk as the two of them tried to close all other senses; and just feel and keep the memory of the moment.

The feeling of holding each other’s hands, the scent of the cold wind at night, the street lights that seem to be much colorful every time they’re together.

Yong tried to seize this memory more, knowing that in time, all of these happening in the present, will soon become a part of the past.

That no matter how he would like things to be like this with Hyun; past, present and future, it can’t be if he wants to protect her. All because of Jinwoon. But Yong tried to close all thoughts about him and focused on the moment at hand.

Knowing that all these will simply be part of the memories that would pain him to reminisce in the future; he’ll still surely not forget it.

“Hyun, why are you sad?” Yong finally asked Hyun.

“Yong, why did you tell me that I should take care of myself with or without you?”

Hyun answered, looking down and walking while Yong looked at Hyun, wanting to tell her how much she matters to her.

Then Yong stopped walking and made Hyun face him.

Hyun looked at him with emotional eyes and at that moment, Yong knew that words are not enough to explain all the complications between their lives.

But one thing’s for real and sure, Hyun’s the only girl he would do anything for.

And with that, he enclosed Hyun in a tight grip, not wanting to let her go. 

 

A/N: What do you think about this chapter? I'm sorry it took me awhile to update :)))  

PS: Sooyoung might find something once she goes home to her town. Stay tuned for that :*

Gogumas Love <333