UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

 

UNREQUITED LOVE

Chapter 32

 

As Yong followed Hyun and her parents silently down the stairs, he noticed how close they really were. They treated and talked to Hyun as if she was her only baby girl, which was true.

He never experienced such a scene with her biological parents and sometimes he wondered to himself if he was the reason why Hyun’s perfect life became as complicated as it was now.

She saw her smile at them but deep inside he knew that Hyun was also keeping her problems from her parents; problems which involve him too.

Yong decided to follow Hyun with her parents knowing that today, they would introduce her to the man they want for her.

And if he plans to leave Hyun after one week, might as well leave her with someone kind and most especially, admires her to the very least.

Hyun took her parents to a nearby coffee shop before they eat breakfast.

Yong looked at her and thought how she has always been beautiful in his eyes even from the first time he laid his eyes on her.

Hyun walked happily, clinging her hands with her mom’s as her dad walked beside them. And as if she felt someone looking at her, she paused and looked back.

Yong quickly hid behind the tree near him to prevent from being seen. He wouldn’t want Hyun to see him stalking her like some crazy stalking person.

But he just had to see the man her parents would introduce to her. That’s why he’s doing this. Yong tried to reason with himself.

After a few minutes, Hyun’s mom asked her.

“Hyun? Is something wrong?”

“Uhh… I thought someone was following us.” Hyun replied and went back to walking.

“Hyun… by the way, after we have our coffee, he’s going to eat breakfast with us.” Her mom said.

“Huh? Who is?” Hyun asked wondering.

“The man we want you to meet Hyun.” Her dad inserted.

“The man? Why wouldn’t you just tell me his name?” Hyun looked at her mom and dad who was smiling at her.

“Because, there’s a huge chance you might already know him dear.” Her mom replied and pulled Hyun closer to her.

“Ohh mom. Really, I have to tell you something too-” Hyun tried to speak but was cut off by her dad.

“He’s a good man Hyun. His grandparents raised him and the boy grew up as a successful businessman at your age Hyun.”

“No I think he’s younger than you Hyun by one or two years Hyun but he’s a gentleman.” Her mom corrected her dad.

“He’s younger? And where’s his parents. Wait… I have to tell you two something first.” Hyun said but was again cut off when they reached the coffee shop.

When they finally took their coffee, Hyun did not had the chance to tell them about Yong since all her parents talked about was their business and Hyun’s studies and the new guy.

When they went finished, they all got out of the coffee shop and a car was waiting for them outside.

Yong noticed it too since he was sitting in a nearby seat near the sidewalk while waiting for Hyun and her parents to finish their coffee.

He felt stupid for following them at first while sitting outside the coffee shop for almost half an hour just to follow them. But the drive to meet his competition or so he called substitute pushed him into doing this.

When Yong saw Hyun and her parents enter the car that was waiting for them, he quickly called a taxi to follow it.

In a few minutes, they arrived in an expensive restaurant. Yong noticed.

They got out of the car and entered. He discreetly followed them too while carrying a newspaper he bought earlier. He covered his face with it as he entered the restaurant after them.

He sat two tables away from them but before he took his seat, he noticed or better say it, recognized someone in the restaurant.

“J – Jinwoon?” Yong thought to himself. He can’t keep his mind from concluding only one thing. “Is Jinwoon the one Hyun’s parents said?”

He took his seat, suddenly feeling exhausted and shocked. “No, but Jinwoon??”

He asked himself again. He tried to remember the things he knew about Jinwoon.

The first thing he remembered was how he disliked Jinwoon the moment he saw him. “He was all over Hyun even before he and Hyun admitted their feelings to each other.”

Then he tried to remember harder…

“Jinwoon was a transferee to our school just like Hyun. Which means the only reason he transferred school was to meet Hyun… Above all that, I know nothing about Jinwoon. I don’t even remember his surname… was that Jeong… Jung or what?” Yong paused as he observed Hyun and her parents being greeted by Jinwoon.

Yong saw the surprised look on Hyun’s face too.

Jinwoon smiled at Hyun and her parents. His smile was always the same… it was something like he was keeping something hidden or planned… but nobody noticed it.

Jinwoon extended his hands towards Hyun’s dad and slightly bowed.

“Goodmorning sir.” Jinwoon said. His eyes travelled from Hyun’s dad to her mom, and finally, it landed on Hyun.

It sent an inexplicable feeling inside Hyun. The way he looks at her; it always made her feel like that.

“Hyun…” Jinwoon said and went to Hyun.

Hyun’s dad laughed loudly and said… “It seems like you two already know each other.”

Hyun reminded herself of where she was and popped out of her bubble.

She smiled sweetly at Jinwoon which made Yong winced a bit.

“J – Jinwoon?” Hyun not really asking anything but tried to sound in an interrogatory tone.

Jinwoon placed his hand on the small of Hyun’s back and lead her to her seat while Hyun’s parents also took theirs.

Yong watched as Jinwoon lead Hyun… He closed his hands tightly until its knuckles are all white.

He thought of what he could do… he hated seeing Hyun with Jinwoon… he did not know why since the man has never done anything wrong to him, except do the moves towards Hyun.

He wanted to smack the hell of Jinwoon right now but thought better of it.

“Hyun doesn’t even know you’re here Yong. And what would her parents think of you if you attack Jinwoon. Sit still Yong… you’re just here to observe. And you got what you came for.” He angrily thought to himself.

On the other hand, Hyun sat quietly on her seat. She wanted to tell her parents about Yong before they get the chance to introduce her to the new guy which apparently was Jinwoon!

“Jinwoon, son, how’s your grandparents?” Hyun’s dad asked.

Hyun looked up to see Jinwoon. She realized that she doesn’t know anything about Jinwoon too. She remembered about what her parents told her earlier.

“So where are Jinwoon’s parents?” She wondered to herself.

“They’re fine, sir. I just spoke to them last night. They were pretty happy that finally…” he paused to look at Hyun and their eyes locked for a second.

Hyun broke the eye contact and Jinwoon looked back to Hyun’s dad with the same smile tugged in his lips.

“…finally I’m formally introduced to Hyun.” He looked at Hyun back and smiled at her.

Yong did not enjoy the scene he was watching but he remained in his seat.

“You two seem to already know each other… did our plan work?” Hyun’s mom asked Jinwoon and he let out a smirk and looked at Hyun once again.

“He couldn’t seem to keep his eyes off of her.” Yong noticed.

“Plan? What plan??” Hyun thought again.

She and Jinwoon looked at one another and he kept on staring at her while he spoke.

“The first part of our plan, yes it worked.” He stopped and looked at Hyun’s mom. He looked back at Hyun and continued.

“I transferred to Seisho High for you Hyun. When your parents thought that it’s time for us to meet, it was back when you were still living in the mansion. I asked them to let you experience real life first before we meet.” He smirked again, as if something in what he was saying amused him.

“I thought that if we meet normally, not like the arranged couple we should be, then you’d open your eyes and heart more for me. I came here to do that… but it seems like it’s not as easy as it should be.”

Hyun bit her lip… she did not know what to do. Her eyes started to water as the feeling of betrayal slowly ate her.

“Mom and dad sent me to normal school just because of Jinwoon? Because they’ve arranged someone for me. And they told me they did this because they love me… how could they…”

“Hyun… are you ok?” Jinwoon asked when Hyun did not say anything and instead kept on looking down at the table.

Yong wanted to stand up and just take Hyun away from all these. But he was torn between two things…

“Hyun… I’m sorry.” He mumbled to himself.

He thought that if Jinwoon really was the person arranged for Hyun even before she came to Shibuya… then all he was to Hyun’s life was a complication.

The plan was for Hyun to experience a normal life and to normally fall for a guy... Jinwoon.

And they’ll live happily ever after. Aparently, the reason why he hated Jinwoon so much was he felt deep down that Jinwoon was around for a reason.

Jinwoon always kept his eyes on Hyun. Jinwoon always tried his best to be with Hyun. He tried his best to make Hyun fall for him… like normal people do.

All Jinwoon wanted was for Hyun to experience a normal life… because he knew that in all Hyun’s life, she never knew what normal meant.

And falling in love… not getting forced to marry someone she doesn’t like… that was everything Jinwoon wanted Hyun to experience… with him.

And then he (Yong) came and brought Hyun into his complicated life…

Yong thought all these in conclusion…

“If Hyun’s happiness is Jinwoon’s priority… then I can say that he also deserves Hyun… maybe more than I do.” He thought…

He looked at Hyun painfully… he resisted taking her away from all these… maybe he was a coward for not standing up for her… but everyone deserves a chance for her.

And if this man can make her happy… then why not?

Without waiting for anything to happen further, Yong stood up and quietly left the restaurant… trying hard not to get notice… and worse… leaving Hyun all alone behind.

---

Hyun stopped herself from crying. When she finally had enough courage, she looked at her parents and said…

“Why are you trying to marry me with Jinwoon?”

Her parents gave out a surprised look. It was the first time that Hyun has ever defiantly questioned them and their decisions.

“Hyun… baby…” Hyun’s mom tried to comfort her.

“Hyun, Jinwoon’s grandparents and I had been business partners ever since you were not yet born. Jinwoon’s father was a good friend of mine. He had a son, it was Jinwoon. He died while Jinwoon was still young. I’m not really sure by the details but Jinwoon’s grandparents said that his mom left him… and they never looked for her too. They heard that she died too…” Hyun’s dad paused and with an apologizing look, stared at Jinwoon.

“And that left Jinwoon alone… without parents… and so we decided that when the right time comes, we’ll take Jinwoon as our son, therefore marrying the two of you.”

Hyun felt bad for Jinwoon but that wasn’t enough reason for them to decide what’s best for her…

Hyun looked at Jinwoon and said…

“I’m sorry for everything you’ve been through Jinwoon… but…” she looked at her dad and continued…

“Where’s the part that you ask me if that’s what I want too?” Tears started to pool in her eyes once again and she bit her lip to prevent them from falling.

“Hyun… why are you saying this? Don’t you like Jinwoon? We never thought that you won’t like him… he’s a wonderful man and… is it possible that you already like someone? Have you ever realized that the only reason why you sent you here was because of Jinwoon. Because he wanted you to experience reality… with him.” Hyun’s mom said… hurtful words but with a comforting tone.

Hyun abruptly stood up which surprised her parents…

“I’m sorry… this is happening too quickly… I need to go.” And with that, Hyun left the restaurant without any more words.

Hyun’s parents also stood up and tried to follow Hyun but Jinwoon stood up too and tried to stop them.

“No… please. Let’s give her time… I’ll try to talk to her.” He said.

---

It was broad daylight and Hyun felt the raise of the sun kiss her skin. But her mind was blank and she can’t seem to understand why her eyes won’t stop the tears from falling.

Everything that she thought about her parents was all a lie. She thought.

Her mind thought of one thing to do… “Yong…” she thought.

She knew that he would take all those pain and confusion away… all she needs is to see him right now.

She quickly went back to her building and went straight to Yong’s apartment instead of hers.

She knocked on the door a lot of times… but there was no answer.

She knocked again and when finally it opened… she saw Yong in front of her.

“Hyun…” she heard him say.

“Yong…” she tried ti bite her lips again but her tears won’t stop from falling anymore.

“Yong… it’s Jinwoon. Please… please… don’t let this happen.” She desperately asked and threw herself to Yong.

Yong took her in his arms too and tried to sooth her. His heart was painful seeing her like this. He did not know what to say to her…

He’s always torn between two things… love and common sense.

But men don’t always say the right things…

“I – I think Jinwoon’s not so bad.” He mumbled almost inaudibly. But Hyun heard him.

Hyun stepped back from him and looked at him straight in the eye.

Her eyes showed him a lot of things. There was shock in her eyes. There was also anger. There was disappointment. But mostly, it was all pain.

“How – how could he say that??” Hyun thought. And without saying a word, he turned back from him and ran straight to her apartment.

 

END of Chapter 32

 

A/N: Finally an update :D Please leave a comment about what you think? Eh? It would mean a lot! Thanks. And subscribe of you want too :)))