UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

 

UNREQUITED LOVE

Chapter 20

 

Everything happened so fast and before Yong knew it, his eyes and mouth were already covered and he felt a huge hand grabbed him from behind.

He felt a considerable pain in his stomach and he let out a huge grunt from the impact of the blow. His hands were woven together, as well as his feet.

He listened carefully and felt that the place he was sitting was a moving car and when someone took the cover from his eyes, he saw three huge men whose faces are covered.

The two looked at him; one of them was holding him down, the other one was driving the car while the third one has his hands closed, ready to hit Yong anytime.

He looked around to see where he was and saw that they were still near the building.

The car was moving fast but in Yong’s point of view, everything seemed to be in slow motion.

He saw Hyun stepped out of the building and for a split second, his heart swelled seeing her beautiful and radiant face. She was very beautiful today, Yong thought.

He saw her dialed and holds out her phone near her ear.

He wanted to shout and call Hyun from the car despite the fact that his mouth is covered. But he refrained himself from doing it because he knew; he knew what was happening.

Memories from the past slowly crept into his mind. From the moment he met Sooyoung, Doojoon and Hyoyeon; when he found out what really happened to their biological father; finding out about the guy who wanted to and still wants to hurt them; meeting and seeing Hyun’s innocent face for the first time; what happened to their dad weeks ago, and it all ended up to the note that he and Sooyoung received.

“Tick Tock Tick Tock, time’s running out.”

He can’t let these guys know that Hyun’s nearby. Not in a situation like this! They might also take her away and worst; hurt her.

He gripped his hand tighter and controlled his running emotions.

All of them heard Yong’s phone ring and Yong prayed hard, hoping that it’s not Hyun who’s calling. The other two huge men looked at him as Yong’s phone continues to ring but Yong tried to maintain an emotionless face.

The phone continued ringing and Yong took a huge gulp thinking about how intense the situation is. One of the men inspected where Yong’s phone was located. He took it from his coat and they all saw who was calling

“..Hyun.”

Yong also saw the caller and looked at the man, his gaze openly expressing hatred and showing powerful emotions but the man did not falter and instead, he pressed the accept button and held the phone near Yong’s ear.

“Yong?” He heard Hyun say in the other line. He did not say anything, not knowing what’s the best thing to do next and only stared angrily at the man.

“Yong? I -”

“Hyun.” He finally said on the phone, but with a cold voice.

“Yeah?”

“I’m sorry, I have to cancel today. Something came up.” Hyun bit her lips trying to stop a tear from falling down the moment she heard Yong’s cold voice on the line.

“Oh.” Hyun said, disappointment evident in her voice and continued;

“May I ask what came up?” Hyun tried to sound like she’s not at all trying to stifle a cry, but Yong simply said.

“No. I’m sorry. Uhm, I have to go.” And Hyun heard the line cut off.

Her hand dropped down along with the phone. She did not understand;

“The day that she’s looked forward and prepared for..”

“Maybe something important came up like what happened to Sooyoung before. I should not overact. Maybe I should just wait for Yong’s explanation. That’s the best and mature thing to do.” Hyun reasoned out to herself.

She took her phone which fell on the ground, and half-heartedly went back up to their building. Her feet walked back to her room but her mind was in a different place while her heart; her heart was torn up a little.

She was disappointed of course, but she was confused and kept on replaying the moment she heard Yong’s cold voice.

“The way he spoke was very cold and impersonal. He promised me that he would never treat me coldly again. Yong, what’s wrong?” she thought sadly.

Hyun entered her room and sat in the end of her bed. She did not know what or why she felt this way, but maybe because she was looking forward to this day and Yong would not even tell her what came up that cancelled their date.

She laid on her bed and stared at the ceiling pointlessly and she started to cry silently.

“Hyun, I’m sorry.” Yong thought to himself.

When one of the men took off the cover on Yong’s mouth, Yong still refused to say anything.

He thought that what if Sooyoung was kidnapped too or their father or Doojoon or Hyo.

So far, at least he knows that Hyun’s safe.

Finally, they reached a secluded area and a sole building stood out amidst nowhere. The two men pulled Yong out of the van and untied his feet to allow him to walk by himself.

When Yong tried to push himself back, refusing to go out, one of the man hit Yong’s face with his fist.

Yong groaned and he felt blood dripping out of his mouth.

He followed the two men entering the building while another one is holding him firmly behind. Once they entered the building, they made Yong sat in a chair placed in the center of the ground floor of the building.

The building was designed that from the ground floor, there’s an open space up to the top floor to see the sky.

Then, Yong suddenly heard a voice out of nowhere, but he was sure that the person talking is also inside the building.

The person talking used a machine that changes the sound of the real voice of the one who’s talking.

“Jung Yonghwa.” The voice started to say.

“It’s unfortunate to see you so weak and helpless.” Yong looked up and around, eager to find where the voice was coming from.

“This must be him! It should be! The man talking right now is the man who wants to hurt me and my loved ones! But where is he?!” Yong strained madly on his seat.

He tried to free his hands using mere strength but it wasn’t enough. Then he heard the man laugh and said,

“It’s useless Yong, do you know why I took you here?”

“Where are you?! You coward! Why don’t you show yourself instead of sending letters, threats and these men to hurt us?! You’re nothing but a - ” before Yong could finish, he was hit again by one of the men near him.

Then he was kicked in the gut and Yong moaned from the pain. He also fell on the ground along with the chair after the hit. And another strike and Yong coughed out blood.

“You’re pathetic.” He heard the voice say again.

“I have had you followed Yong, haven’t you noticed?” Yong, who was still on his knees, tried to hide the shock and fear he felt upon hearing those words.

He has thought that this man have been keeping an eye on all of them, but it was only until now that he completely realized how huge the danger it brought to everyone.

His heart pounded fast and thoughts about Hyun, his decisions and everything that happened would affect the future.

He has said that this guy can’t scare them anymore; but Yong stood corrected because right now, he’s as scared as hell for the magnitude that this man can do to his loved ones, especially to Hyun.

“If you really want to hurt me, then why don’t you kill me now?” Yong dared the owner of the voice he heard.

He said this with serious conviction for this is the only way he can think of to save everyone.

It’s a bit clichéd, sacrificing himself to save everyone, but what else can he do?

“Do you really think I’m that bad Yong?” The voice said with obvious sarcasm.

“Oh no Yong, I’m not that bad at all. Actually,” the voice continued to say,

“I want something from you Yong, and I took you here because of a ‘friendly’ favor I want from you.” Yong spit out blood, trying to prove a point that it was useless talking to him.

“Actually, this is a favor that you can’t say ‘NO’ Yong. You don’t have a choice but to simply agree with it. Well, I’m a bit bad for actually asking you this.” Yong stood up, his hands still tightly woven together and his body; still aching from the hits he received.

He looked around and saw that the men were always ready to attack him again. He looked up and around again, but still he could not find the source of the voice.

“SIT.” It was actually a command from the voice.

Yong did not sit down but he was grabbed and hit by one of the men.

The man took the chair and Yong was forced on it mercilessly.

“I want you to listen.” The voice menacingly said again.

“I know that you already want to leave, so let’s make this quick. You see, I noticed that you have this beautiful and wonderful ‘girl friend’. You two have a date today right? She must be devastated since you stood her up.”

Yong looked sharply at nothing in specific, mad that he has to endure listening to this cowardly guy. But he feared what this guy wants from him.

“I noticed that you’re not afraid of me because your feelings for her are much stronger. You see Yong, I don’t like that. I want you to fear me because you really should. I am powerful and capable of doing anything.”

“Leave her out of this.”

“You see that? That’s what I mean, you’re strong and brave and complete because of her. I wonder what happens when you lose her?” Yong stood up and kicked the chair but another man hold him tightly and made him sit back to the chair.

“I thought you wanted this to be quick Yong? Why don’t you just shut up and listen!” The voice almost shouted and continued,

“Now, where were we? Oh yeah, you know Yong, I noticed that when you came to Shibuya and met Sooyoung, your family got together nicely. You. You’re the reason Sooyoung, your father and you are closer compared to before. Despite your personality, I don’t know what’s in you, but you managed to be closer to everyone. While I live my lonely life, not knowing my mother and having my dad killed when I was still a baby, I could not allow you to be happy.”

“Why are you doing this?! You can be happy if you want to, without blaming others!”

“SHUT UP! Your dad killed my dad! And that’s reason enough to do this!” The voice shouted and with a calm voice continued,

“Enough talking. Now, let’s talk about my favor.” he gave out a sinister laugh first and said,

“Stay away from Hyun.”

“What?” Yong shouted.

“You heard me right Yong. See it’s a cycle. Your family takes strength from you while you take strength from Hyun. You say that you can protect them and you’re not afraid of me, we’ll see about that. You’ve got two weeks. Two weeks to be with Hyun and after that; cut every relationship you have with that girl or else she dies.”

And with that, the voice stopped talking. He must have left because there were no other remarks said and the men took Yong back to the car and dropped him back to their building.

Yong was thrown out of the car and he almost did not have enough energy to walk back inside the building.

His face was still slightly bleeding and his body was aching everywhere. But none of these mattered because Yong’s mind was preoccupied with thoughts of Hyun and the ‘favor’ that –J.J. asked.

“How can I stay away from Hyun? I can’t hurt her like that. But if I don’t,” Yong shook of the thought of Hyun dying.

He forced himself to go inside the building. He walked straight to Hyun’s room. He did not know why, but he just needs to see Hyun right now; despite the fact that he looks dirty and bloody.

“These is a serious matter, should I tell Hyun everything or should I just leave her after two weeks? Yong, are you really considering leaving Hyun? Can you live without her? But will she continue living if you’re still around? Is there even someone who deserves her more than you? Yeah, I know I don’t deserve her too, but just thinking about her with some other guy -” Yong stopped thinking about it.

He reached Hyun’s doorstep and he hesitated first whether to knock or just go straight back to his apartment instead.

He took enough courage and knocked Hyun’s door.

“Yong.” Hyun said with almost an inaudible voice the moment she opened the door.

 

Author's Note: 

Hi guys! Finally I'm back!! I miss fanfic so much huhuhuhuhu I AM VERY SORRY if it took me more than a month to update. We just transferred to a new house and until now, we still don't have internet at home :((( I'm just updating this right now through a temporary internet I learned to use. 

By the way, this is a double update and please tell me what you expect to happen in the following chapters XDD

Subscribers are very much welcome too :))))