UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

Chapter 19

 

Yong dialed Hyun’s number again.

RING RING RING

“The number you have dialed is temporary unavailable. Please leave a message after the beat. TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT.”

Yong let out an exasperated sigh and put down the phone. He kept on replaying the scene in the soccer field and can’t understand why Hyun would walk away after he exerted so much effort to ask her out.

“I know I kind of went a little overboard by asking the entire team to help me ask her, but I thought girls like that. I know Hyun is not like a lot of girls, but I – I thought she would want something like that.” Yong continued arguing with himself as he walked home.

After Hyun left and the entire team won’t tell him what Hyun told them, his mind felt troubled.

“I guess this is how asking someone out really feels like? Both my mind and my heart are uneasy.” Yong told himself. Hyun’s sudden walk out made Yong more nervous aside from the fact that he kept thinking that if Hyun will agree to go out with him, he would tell her everything; he would tell her how she went to this country and looked for his twin sister, how he found out that his twin sister is really Sooyoung, how he met his father and how someone wanted to hurt them two years ago and technically everything about his life.

“That’s the best thing to do; for Hyun, for me and for everyone else.” He thought deeply.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Hyun read the text from Yong in the soccer field, her heart actually skipped a beat and as he looked at the crowd in front of her, everything seemed so surreal.

“I don’t know why but my heart is bursting with joy. I’ve never really felt anything like this to anyone.” Hyun thought calmly but with watery eyes. Then she thought about how Yong made a huge effort just to ask her out and she can’t possibly answer him with just a simple yes, right here, right now, right?

And so, she grabbed her bag and walked away without saying anything but with a huge grin on her face. Hyo quickly followed her as Yong’s teammates also tried to catch up with her.

When his teammates caught up with her, they asked her why she did not answer Yong. And she simply said,

“I think it would be much sweeter if Yong hears my answer himself.” Then Hyun and Hyo walked away from the men.

As they went, they also met with Sooyoung who was just on her way to the soccer field.

“Hyun? Hyo? Yong’s soccer practice is over already?” She wondered since it’s still too early to leave, especially since Siwon is still working in the supreme student office.

Hyun simply smiled at her and grabbed her left arm while Hyo also took her other arm.

“Yong asked Hyun on a date – in a grand-asking-her-out way! ” Hyo teased Hyun who simply smiled shyly at them.

“YONG?? Seriously? How did he ask her?” Sooyoung shouted, shocked that her twin brother would actually carry out such an act as to grandly-asking-Hyun-out way.

After two years of knowing her twin, she knew that he was this kind-hearted person, but she never knew that he was the showy type. She laughed at the thought of Yong completely losing his cold and blunt persona all because of Hyun.

“It actually started when Yong came to Hyun and he messed her hair in a cute way and then he left and came back with this huge rock and. . .” And so Hyo started to tell Sooyoung the entire show that Yong put up for Hyun while Hyun simply smiled and listened to Hyo’s point of view of the story.

After Hyo finished telling the story, they were half way to Hyun’s house and then they both looked at Hyun and said in unison,

“So? Why did you walked out?” Hyun looked at them, shocked by their reactions and she did not know what to say.

“I – I was actually very embarrassed with what happened. I mean, I’ve never experienced having someone do that to me. Yong’s the first one and – and – and I’ve never went out on a date before. Ever!” “What?” Hyo and Sooyoung said again. “So what are you planning?” Hyo asked first.

They both knew that if Hyun and Yong went out on a date, that’s also the time Yong will tell Hyun everything. And right now, they just pushed back the thought about –J.J. and deal with telling Hyun everything first.

“I – Of course I’m going to say yes. But with what Yong did, I –”

“You? You?” Sooyoung said excitedly. What true friends they are for Hyun.

“I just thought that I should also answer Yong in a grand way too? Don’t you think?”

Hyo and Sooyoung could not believe what Hyun said. Then Hyo spoke first,

“Hyun, it’s normal that guys ask you out in an imposing kind of way, though I’d have to say that what Yong did was kind of shocking. But for us girls, a simple yes would explode their minds already. That’s the glory of being a girl. Guys do amazing things for us and in return, we just have to like them back and you know, be girly and look pleased, do you get me?”

Sooyoung let out a huge laugh at Hyo and said,

“Hyo! Why would you teach Hyun something like that? It’s hard to understand.” Then she looked at Hyun and said,

“Hyun, just tell her what your heart’s telling you. Yong would appreciate that.” Hyun looked at both of them and with a worried look, said;

“I – I don’t know how I should tell him.” She blushed just thinking about Yong while Hyo and Sooyoung giggled at her.

When they reached Hyun’s building, Hyo and Sooyoung decided to head home too. The three of them hugged and said their goodbyes to each other. Then Hyo quickly added before they walked away from Hyun,

“Hyun, let him hang in there a bit too. It’s our responsibility not to give in directly with what the guy wants.” Then they all laughed.

“Where do you get these ideas? Seriously!” Sooyoung said and they continued walking. As Hyun headed to her building, she noticed that a familiar figure was standing inside the ground floor. When she entered, she saw Jinwoon who quickly stood up once he saw her.

“Oh? Jinwoon? What are you doing here?” Jinwoon went to her with his usual smile and said,

“I did not get to hang out with you today.”

“Oh.” Hyun simply answered, wondering what he meant by that.

“Do you want to go out and have dinner?” Jinwoon asked then Hyun’s phone rang. Before she answered Jinwoon, she took her phone out first and they both saw that Yong was calling Hyun.

Then they looked at each other, and with an awkward smile, Hyun answered Jinwoon.

“Uhm, I – I still have tons to do Jinwoon. We can eat during break tomorrow. Is that okay?” Jinwoon simply smiled at Hyun, even after hearing Hyun’s answer. Then he said,

“I would love that. Well then, I’ll see you tomorrow?” Then he bowed and left.

As Hyun went up to her apartment, she wondered why Jinwoon would go to her apartment just to have dinner with her.

“He doesn’t like me, does he?” She wondered.

Then her phone rang again and this time, she saw that it’s her mom who’s calling her.

“MOM!” “Hi honey!”

“Mom, it’s been awhile since you last called! How are you?”

“We’re fine honey. Your dad just came back in the country after making some business deals abroad.”

“Really? How is he? Are you two eating well?”

 “Of course. How about you, have you been eating well too?”

“Yes mom. Ohh I miss all of you a lot mom. But I’m doing fine in here. I’ve made a lot of friends. Maybe I’ll bring them their during our break.”

“That would be great honey. But I called to tell you that your dad and I are going to Shibuya to visit you too.”

“Really?!! When?”

“One of these days I guess. Your dad hasn’t set up a date yet, but as soon as possible.”

“Oh, mom! I’m so excited! I can’t wait for you to meet –”

“By the way honey, I think you’ve already met this young man that we want you to meet. He’s also studying in Seisho High too. He’s the son of your dad’s old friend and –”

“Mom, why do you want me to meet someone? What’s his name?”

“Oh honey, he’s just this handsome lad that we think would fit perfectly for you.”

“What? What are you talking about?”

“We’ll talk more when we get there honey. Don’t think about it so much.”

“But –” then the line was cut off.

Hyun felt terrible after hearing what her mom said. She thought about the possibility that the man her mom was talking about could be Yong.

She thought about how much Yong has told her about his past.

“Yong had foster parents abroad. And my dad’s spending a lot of time abroad. But Yong said that –”

Then she heard her phone rang again. She looked at the caller and saw that it was Yong’s name in it. She accepted the call but did not say anything.

“Hyun?” She heard Yong’s voice.

“Hyun? Are you ok? I’m sorry if you didn’t like what I did awhile ago. I did not want to put you in such an awkward situation and –”

“Yong. . .”

“Hyun? What’s wrong? Are you still mad at me?”

“Yes.”

“Yes? You’re mad at me?”

“Nooo.”

“No, you’re not mad at me?”

“Yes.”

“So what do you mean by saying yes?”

“Yes. I’ll go out with you.”

“Uh, Hyun. You really don’t have to go out with me if you’re not yet ready or –”

“No. I want to go out with you. Please. I’m sorry. I wanted to prepare something grand in answering you; like what you did awhile ago. But right now, I just want you to know that I would really want to go out with you.” Hyun said on the line and then she added in her mind.

“Only you. No one else.” She gripped the phone harder and wondered how things would work out when her parents came.

Then there was a silent on the line, but neither of them wanted to hang up.

“Hyun.”

“Yeah?” “Is something wrong?”

“No, I –”

“You can always tell me if something’s bothering you.” She smiled at Yong’s words.

He just knows what to say and how to make her feel better even without knowing what really is wrong.

“Ok.” Hyun replied in a much livelier voice.

“I’ll tell you if there’s something that bothering me.” Hyun continued.

And at that moment, she decided to think about what her parents’ plans are when it’s already there. Right now, she just want to live the moment.

After Hyun ate her dinner, she quickly dialed Hyo and Sooyoung’s numbers.

Both of them answered and they talked on the phone all night. They were all very excited for Hyun and Yong’s date.

They talked about where they can go and what Hyun should wear and what Hyun should do during the date.

“Is there any difference when we’re on a date and when we’re just hanging out or talking or going to school together?” Hyun asked naively.

“Of course there is!” Hyo shouted.

“There should be a difference because a date is already set. Have you marked your calendar already? For me, it’s a date because it would be the first time that you’d be going out for the sole purpose of, you know, dating. Just the word itself, ‘date’ sounds special compared to a normal day.”

“Hyo may have explained it a lot but vaguely, but I also agree with Hyo, Hyun. Date is something special compared to talking or walking together. Talking, walking together, having fun, you say it individually, but when you’re in a date, you do all those things in one day. That’s what makes it so special. That day is just between the two of you and how to make it an unforgettable experience.” Sooyoung tried to explain what she thought about dating too.

“So, what should I wear? Oh my, I feel so nervous just thinking about it. What if I wouldn’t know what to say and we get an awkward feeling between each other?” Hyun asked again since a lot of questions kept on going out in her mind.

“Don’t worry Hyun. I know you and Yong and how much you like each other. I mean just sitting together without saying a word would still make you two happy together. Sparks fly when you’re with each other so you don’t have to worry about it.”

“Do you really think Yong like me as much as I like him too?” Hyun asked and Sooyoung really wanted to answer her how much Yong has changed just because of Hyun. But Yong should be the one to tell her that. And so she simply answered her,

“Yes Hyun. There’s sparks in his eyes and something in his smile when he sees you. And that’s not normal for a guy, especially for someone like Yong who rarely even smile.”

Hyun simply blushed at the thought.

“I’m really excited guys.” Hyun told them, emotions, evident in her voice.

Hyo tried to make her laugh by saying,

“So lesson 101 Hyun, when you two are walking together and Yong keeps on accidentally hitting your hand, it means that he’s really purposely hitting your hand and wants to hold hands with you.”

“What?” Hyun laughed and could not seem to believe that what Hyo said is true.

“Yeah, I saw that in the movies too. They just want to hold each other’s hand but can’t, because they’re worried what the other one would think too right?” Sooyoung added.

“Uhmm, so what should I do then?” Hyun asked.

“You just look him in the eyes and smile shyly at him.” Hyo replied.

“What?! That’s crazy!” Hyun laughed.

“I think that’s what you should do too Hyun. You know, just to give him permission to hold your hand. I mean, you can’t be the first one to grab his hand right?” Sooyoung answered.

“But – ” Hyun tried to reason out, but Hyo interrupted her.

“No buts Hyun! Those are the rules.”

“Ok, wait a minute, I’ll take down notes.”

“Seriously?” Sooyung asked.

“Yeah. I mean, I know nothing about dates you know and I have to prepare myself about this right?”

“Oh Hyun, hearing you like this, it just makes me feel very happy for the two of you!” Hyo said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand, in Doojoon and Yong’s apartment.

“Yong!” Doojoon said when he saw Yong entered the room while he was seating on their couch in front of the TV.

“Oh? You’re here. I thought you’re still working.” Yong answered.

“Naah. I wanted to go home early and celebrate with my best friend.”

“What are you talking about?” Yong asked, acting like he doesn’t know what his best friend’s talking about.

“Shut up! You know what I mean!” Doojoon laughed at him.

And Yong simply gave out a sigh and a slight laugh at Doojoon.

He just can’t keep anything from him.

“So? I heard that you’ve put up a great show tonight? How was it?”

Yong took a drink from their ref and sat beside Doojoon and groaned.

“Uhh it was embarrassing and my first time doing it.” Doojoon laughed at him and said,

“Oh man! You really are crazy for Hyun!” And Yong simply smiled at his words.

Then their talk turned into something serious,

“So Yong, you’re going to tell her everything during the date huh?”

“Yup.”

“How are you going to tell her?”

“I’ll start from the beginning.”

“Are you nervous?”

“Like hell. I’m very nervous.” Yong answered and looked at his best friend, at a loss.

“Well you know that Hyun would understand right? Telling her everything is better than keeping her from the dark. Besides, once she knows everything, we can start from there. We can plan what should we do next.” Yong did not answer and simply contemplated on what Doojoon said.

Then Doojoon continued,

“You really like her huh?” And Yong simply smiled and continued to swallow his drink.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day for Yong and Hyun finally came. After a few days of thinking, preparing and organizing their thoughts, the day that they’ve look forward to, is finally here.

Hyun woke up with a bright feeling inside and feeling the butterflies in her stomach.

She went in the shower after she placed her dress and shoes on her bed.

She prepared a light breakfast which only composed of a vegetables and orange juice. She doesn’t know what to look forward to or how she would react with Yong today.

Should she act normally with him or not? Today is a special day, as what Sooyoung and Hyo said.

After almost an hour in the shower, she came out with a fresh look. She changed slowly and looked at herself in the mirror.

She wore a red sleeveless blouse and a skirt. She was against her outfit at first since it was too revealing but then Hyo reasoned out that she should also wear something for Yong’s benefit.

And besides, Sooyoung gave her a coat for cover. She wore stockings today too and put on high heels.

Hyun decided to put on a light make up since today was a special day.

She also wore a red hair band and put out her bangs out. She placed her necklace and bracelet and looked at the mirror again.

She twirled and saw how her skirt twirled with her too. She let out a deep breath and sat down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yong have also prepared for today. He planned that they would go to an amusement park first since knowing Seohyun, she would love something like that. Then he planned to go skating with her. He also planned to take her to a solemn place such as a temple which is a bit away from Shibuya and he would tell her everything in there.

They agreed that they would see each other outside their building so that it would be like Yong went to take her despite the fact that he lives in the same building as Hyun.

Yong was almost 30 minutes early than their agreed time. But Yong was too eager and he could not simply wait silently in his apartment for the time to come.

He paced back and forth in front of their building. He was too nervous thinking about whether he should hold Hyun’s hand the moment she came and should they walk hand in hand together.

“What if Hyun might not want to?” He thought worriedly.

As Yong continued to pace back and forth in front of their building, a white van stopped in front of him and before he knew it, three huge men came to him and grabbed him.

They pulled him inside the van and closed the doors of the van and sped up.

It happened too fast that nobody noticed what happened.

 

Author's Note: Hi friends! It has been awhile since the last time I updated :))) I hope you like this chapter. I know you already have ideas on who you think kidnapped Yong but might as well tell me what you think about this chapter! I hope you comment and for those who want to subscribe are also welcome too :))) Thank you friends!