UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

 

UNREQUITED LOVE

CHAPTER 36

 

The three males woke up from their slumber due to the shifts of their tent. It was like there was an earthquake inside and only inside their tent.

“Wha – what’s happening?” Siwon squinted his eyes and sat up… still half asleep and half awake.

“Someone’s outside our tent.” Yong answered, his voice still raspy from his sleep.

“I think it’s Sooyoung and Hyoyeon.” Jinwoon added, hearing the voices of the girls.

For a minute, Yong forgot that Jinwoon was staying in their tent too.

They quickly opened their tent and found the girl’s frightened faces.

Yong scanned their faces, always looking for Hyun. His heart dropped when he did not see Hyun and the other girls’ look are all too scared.

“What happened?” He quickly asked, as if he has an idea what they came for.

“Soo… what happened??” Siwon also crawled his way towards Soo and enclosed her in his arms to calm her trembling body.

Jinwoon also sat up and without any word, prepared himself to go out along with his coat.

“Yong… Yong… Hyun’s missing. I don’t know… this is all my fault… we went into the school building… I told them to go there and we saw a… we saw a…” Hyo couldn’t finish her sentence when she remembered seeing the white lady… it seemed so surreal.

“We saw a white lady in one of the classrooms…” Soo finished for her, teary eyed and looking at Siwon.

“A what??” Yong asked in a much louder tone.

Before everyone else could move, Yong went out of their tent, still wearing his sleeping clothes, and headed straight to the building.

“Hey…” Siwon shouted and quickly went back in to the tent to get his coat and Yong’s too. He also got a set of flashlights and other emergency equipments he always carried around.

“Where – where are you going??” Soo asked as she saw Siwon followed Jinwoon who also quickly followed Yong into the building.

“Were going to go look for Hyun, Soo. You two stay here.” Siwon replied.

“No, I’ll look for Hyun too.” Hyo insisted.

“No… you two stay here and wait for us. We can’t have you two missing too.”

Soo took Hyo’s cold hands and pulled her back to the tent where Siwon positioned Soo to stay and said…

“Hyo.. please, I can’t go back there and… I can’t stay here alone.”

“But what about Hyun Soo?” Hyo asked.

“I’m sure Yong will find her.” Soo could only trust the men.

Hyo sighed and sat anxiously beside Soo and Siwon ran to the direction of the building too.

---

“Hey hey hey!” Siwon shouted as he ran; seeing Jinwoon enter the building. He paused to wait for him and when Siwon reached him, he handed him one of the flashlights.

“Where’s Yong?” he asked Jinwoon.

“He already went in. What are we waiting for? Hyun’s waiting and scared inside. We should look for her too.” He answered.

“What? Yong went inside without bringing anything? How was he supposed to see Hyun that way? And it’s freezing cold out here.” He said and looked at the unwelcoming view of complete and utter darkness.

Jinwoon took the flashlight and did not answer Siwon.

“Hey? We should go together.” Siwon persisted but Jinwoon simply answered…

“It would be faster if we split. Let’s go back and meet here around 12.” And with that, Jinwoon entered the building.

---

“HYUN!!!” Yong shouted, his eyes slowly adjusting from the darkness of the building. He could form figures of the tables and chairs in each of the room.

Oftentimes he closes his eyes to listen more… listen for Hyun’s voice or even her muffled cries… just a clue to find her.

“Hyun!!!” he shouted again…

His hands were on the wall to allow him to go further and inside each room.

“Hyun!!!” he did not stop shouting. He climbed stairs already…

 

“Hyun!!” he heard another man’s voice… Jinwoon’s.

He felt relieved that someone else’s also looking for Hyun but he did not like the idea that it was Jinwoon. He was one floor beneath the floor he’s looking for Hyun.

“Hyun!!!” he called again, his only priority right now was to find Hyun.

“She must be scared…” he thought to himself.

Yong did not stop calling out on Hyun… then he heard a woman’s voice from the darkness…

“Yong!” it was Hyun’s voice…

“Help…” her voice was small but he was positive that it was Hyun’s voice.

“Hyun… where are you??” He shouted then let out a grunt when he hit his feet with one of the tables…

“Yong!!” He looked back, sure that Hyun’s voice came from that way.

“Hyun!!” he also replied to assure Hyun that he was on his way.

“Yong!!” he followed blindly but quickly into Hyun’s voice.

“Hyun!!” he shouted again, eager to see Hyun.

“Yong!!” her voice is so much nearer now.

Damn the darkness for making his movements slow and limited…

“Yong I’m here!!” Hyun shouted again… he listened carefully and went into the direction of one of the rooms where he feels that Hyun’s inside.

“Hyun!!” he shouted again but Hyun did not call out back.

He still proceeded into going to that same room, his heart’s beating fast and his mind praying that this was the right room.

When he finally reached the door, he opened it as soon as he can only to be welcomed by a light that flashed directly into his eyes.

Disappointment dawned to him.

“Jinwoon…” his mind answered his question.

“Yong!” He heard Hyun’s voice and from the small brightness the flash light offered, he saw Hyun went towards him.

“Hyun…” his mouth uttered without thinking.

He saw her puffy eyes and when she reached him… he could feel her cold hands.

He took her hands into his and breathed warmly into it.

“Your hands are so cold…” he said. He breathed warmly into his hands too and enclosed her face with it.

“Yours too. And oh… you’re not wearing any coat.” She replied while she rubbed her hands into his arms to warm it.

He smiled at her and looked at Jinwoon who was already approaching them.

“Thanks.” He told him.

Hyun also looked at Jinwoon and said her thanks.

All three of them found their way out of the building just in time before Siwon could make it back.

He’s face also seemed like he lost some blood but he stood strong and with a meaningless smile on his face.

They all looked at Siwon in wonder…

“What happened to you?” Yong finally asked.

“Men… this place really is haunted.”

They all laughed at him, including Hyun’s shaking one and together they went back to their tents.