UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

 

UNREQUITED LOVE

Chapter 33

 

 

It was a bright Monday morning. Yong hasn’t heard from Hyun since. The last time he talked to her was when he tried telling her that Jinwoon isn’t so bad.

Hyun’s parents have already left Shibuya yesterday, Sunday. Yong heard it from Doojoon, who was told by Hyo, who was told by Hyun.

It was still early but he has to get up since their departure time says 7:00am. He wanted to go to school with Hyun but their situation did not allow him to do so.

“Maybe this is good. In preparing myself when the time comes that I cut all my ties from Hyun.” he thought with a sigh.

Yong stood out from his bed and proceeded to his usual routine. He had packed his things yesterday since he was also looking forward to this trip and finally visiting the place where his and Sooyoung’s mom lay.

He also went to visit his dad yesterday who still tried to tell him that he thinks Yong leaving Hyun is not a good idea.

“But I have to do what I have to do dad.” He replied to his dad, having his mind set already.

When he finished preparing, he looked at the clock and it was only fifteen minutes from 7:00am.

He rushed out of his room and saw Doojoon preparing a bag of foods.

“What’s this?” he asked as Doojoon went to him, handing the bag to him.

“Your snacks and other stuffs, in case.” Doojoon answered and continued,

“You know Yong, I still don’t understand why you told Hyun that. I mean I get it, you stalked them all day and maybe you got a little bit jealous, but Hyun did not want that too. You should have not told her that. Are you planning on talking to her?”

Yong took the bag that Doojoon handed him and placed it in his other carrying bag.

He sighed.

“If only jealousy was the only reason…” he thought to himself.

“I got to go bro.” He said without answering Doojoon’s question.

Doojoon sighed in return knowing that Yong and Hyun’s problems were simply out of his hands, no matter how hard Hyo tried to ask him to put some sense into Yong.

Yong quickly left and since their apartment was near Seisho High, he got there just in time for the headcount.

He entered the gates and quickly went to where the school buses parked.

His eyes quickly scanned and saw Hyun standing near a tree.

Hyun was wearing a bright yellow dress and a blue jacket. She was also wearing a huge hat and her hair unruly fell down to one side of her face.

His heart started to beat fast. He stood there standing and looking at her.

He knew he just can’t go straight to her and act like everything was fine. He knew that in the few days he has left for Hyun, all he’s doing was be selfish and give Hyun mixed signals.

But he just can’t let the days pass without doing anything with Hyun… he just can’t. Not when it’s only a week left until they’ll only be strangers again.

His feet started walking towards Hyun and then he saw Sooyoung and Hyo went to her.

He saw Hyo and Sooyoung looked at him. Hyo with a guarded look while Soo with a surprised one.

He knows what he’s doing right now makes completely no sense to them. Going to Hyun and pushing her away again and then going back to her.

If they knew the truth, maybe it won’t be so hard to understand. The problem is, they don’t have to know the truth. Sometimes it’s better to go through the easy way.

Hyun followed the object that Hyo and Soo was looking and found Yong walking towards them.

“Yong…” Soo spoke first when he finally reached the three. Hyo and Soo still looked at him while his eyes looked at Hyun. Hyun on the other hand, simply looked away from them.

She tried to focus on the students putting their luggage on the bus.

“Yong, you should put your things inside and tell our adviser that you’re already here.” Hyun heard Soo say to Yong. Yong did not reply but simply remained staring at Hyun.

“What do you want Yong?” Hyo asked him.

“Can Hyun and I talk?” Yong asked the two but still looking at Hyun.

Soo and Hyo uncertainly looked at Hyun for an answer but Hyun remained looking the other way.

The two tried to walk away from Hyun and Yong but Hyun quickly grabbed Hyo’s wrist.

They looked back at Hyun and Yong looked at Hyun’s hand which was holding Hyo back.

Yong looked back at Hyun who still refused to look at him. “Hyun…” he pleaded but Hyun did not dare look at him. Instead, she looked at Hyo and Soo’s hesitant faces.

Yong looked down and heaved a sigh. He can’t force Hyun to talk to him when he can see how she does not want to.

He looked at the two girls, who also looked at him, and he gave them a sad expression; then he walked straight to their bus.

“Hyun…” Hyo tried to make out words…

“I’m sorry for asking you to stay… I just… I don’t know… I just can’t. When I came here in Shibuya, I have to say, I have experienced a lot of difficulties that made me cry but nothing compared to what happened last Saturday when my parents told me the only reason why they sent me here. I felt betrayed by the persons who taught me to trust. And when I went to Yong and heard what he had to say… he just made everything worse.”

“Well sometimes boys don’t always say the right thing Hyun…” Soo told Hyun.

Hyun simply looked at her friends and said, “I don’t know.”

---

When the three of them finally had their turn to enter the bus, they saw that only two persons can seat with one another. They looked at each other, knowing that there were three of them.

Hyun saw Yong who was sitting alone on one of the seats and there was also Jinwoon who sat on five seats behind Hyun.

“Hyun…” Jinwoon said as he quickly stood up and walked towards the three.

Yong looked at Jinwoon and Hyun, and for a second, Hyun and Yong’s eyes finally met for the first time.

Hyun quickly looked away while Yong remained looking at Hyun.

“Hyun, where are you going to sit? I still don’t have a -” Jinwoon spoke..

“Ah Jinwoon, Hyo will be seating beside Hyun in there, the seat in front where Yong’s sitting.” Soo quickly interrupted while pointing to the seat.

Jinwoon looked at Soo with coldness but quickly hid it and looked back at Hyun. “Oh okay, I understand.” He said with a smile and went back to his seat.

“Who are you sitting with Soo?” Hyun asked Soo.

“I’ll just ask Siwon to sit in our bus.” Soo said with a perky smile and went out of the bus to look for Siwon.

Hyun and Hyo looked at each other and went to the seat. Yong was still looking at Hyun but Hyun still tried to avoid eye contact.

The ride on the bus was fun especially since Soo and Siwon sat infront of Hyo and Hyun.

They took pictures on the bus and in some photos were pictures of Yong sitting from the back.

Hyun would pause a bit and zoom Yong’s picture silently and when Hyo noticed, she would quickly try to hide what she was doing.

When the bus stopped for the students to buy food or go to comfort rooms, Hyun remained in the bus while Hyo, Soo and Siwon went down.

---

“Aren’t you going to buy food?” Hyun heard a very familiar voice.

She looked up and saw that it was Yong holding juice and biscuits in his hands. He handed them to Hyun but Hyun simply looked outside the window and tried not to talk to him.

Before Hyun knew it, she felt Yong’s hand in her hands, trying to open it. He placed the juice and the biscuits in her hand as he sat beside her.

Hyun looked at Yong who was now seating closely beside her, their faces were inches only inches apart.

Yong gave her an apologetic and cute smile while she tried to avoid eye contact again.

She holds the juice and the biscuits that Yong gave her but did not do anything to it. She looked back on the window.

“Hyun…” Hyun heard Yong say. She looked back at Yong with unexpressive eyes and he also looked at her. Then she looked away again.

“Hyun…” She heard him again and felt a soft nudge on her shoulder. She looked back to see what it was. It surprised her to see that it was Yong’s head nudging her shoulder.

“What are you…” he nudged again and heard him say her name again.

“Hyun…” he continued to do it until finally Hyun said…

“Stop it. Some of our classmates are looking at you.”

Yong looked up and faced her and said. “I won’t stop unless you talk to me properly.”

Hyun sighed and did not answer, then she looked back out of the window.

Then she felt him nudge again…

“Okay, okay.” She looked back at Yong who was now smiling like a child forgiven for misbehaving.

“Really?” he asked again.

“Yeah.” She smiled back at him and then they started to go back to how they used to be again.

---

When Soo and Hyo came back to the bus, they were surprised to see Hyun and Yong eating and laughing together.

“So am I seating alone now?” Hyo asked with skeptical eyes.

Yong stood up and gave Hyo a space to seat in.

Hyo rolled her eyes and went to where Yong was seated before.

“Fine, I’ll sit here to give you time to make up.” Hyun knelt on her seat while facing Hyo.

“Hyo…” she said. Her friend gave her a considerate smile and said.

“I’m fine Hyun…”

“Well this must be your lucky day! Siwon told me that he needs to sit in the other bus to prepare or count our food in our first stop. So I’ll be sitting with you.” Sooyoung said and slid In beside Hyo.

Yong also did not waste a second and quickly sat beside Hyun which surprised Hyun and made her laugh.

All throughout the trip, Hyun and Yong talked and played and joked with one another.

When they finally got nothing else to talk about, Hyun leaned in the window to get some rest.

After a few minutes, she felt a hand in his head and moved it the other way which made her head now leaning in Yong’s shoulder.

She did not open her eyes to see, she knew that Yong did it.

A smile tugged in her lips as she continued to slumber in peace in Yong’s shoulder.

 

END of Chapter 33

A/N: The trip's just beginning :D