UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

 

UNREQUITED LOVE

Chapter 14

 

Yong silently walked back home thinking hard about everything that happened today.

He can’t stop thinking about what his twin sister, Sooyoung, told him:

“I don’t give a damn about that guy anymore. The guy who tried to hurt us; He has caused us enough fright and we did not even do anything bad. That’s why from now on; I’ll officially go out with Siwon. If love truly conquers all, then we’ll surely be alright.”

He suddenly smiled at how brave her little sister was acting out. He always saw Sooyoung as her little sister despite the fact that they were born only a few minutes apart. When they met two years ago, all he ever cared about was to make up for the loss time they spent apart from each other.

But for Yong’s case, it was of course difficult because of his restrained nature. And after Hyun came, he had an additional person to protect.

Thinking about it; it made him feel a bit good to have a lot of persons to care about. If the situation was not at all complicated, he would have rejoiced over it.

After a lot of thinking, there are only two things Yong has concluded with himself;

He definitely was a coward for ignoring Seohyun today because he was afraid of the guy who kept on threatening their family and second, he just misses Seohyun so much to the point that it makes his heart uneasy not being able to talk to her and see her smile.

“But what would be the best thing to do? Fight back without even knowing the real identity of my opponent?” Yong thought to himself.

As he reached their building, he saw Seohyun talking to Jinwoon in front.

They were both smiling and talking to each other. It made him want to go crazy seeing her with another guy, even if it’s a nice guy like Jinwoon, he thought.

Seohyun and Jinwoon noticed Yong approach them. Seohyun fell silently looking at Yong.

She wanted to talk to him and ask him what was going on, but she couldn’t do it.

Not when she has decided to figure everything out too. Not when she started being close back to Sooyoung without knowing her real relationship with Yong in the past. And definitely not when Yong was ignoring her like this, after he asked her to stay by his side until he figures everything out.

It’s as if they are both trying to push and pull each other, waiting who’s going to give in first.

Jinwoon on the other hand, smiled and greeted Yonghwa.

“You live here too?” Jinwoon asked.

“Yeah.” Yong simply answered.

“I just came here to bring Seohyun home safely.” Jinwoon continued.

Yong looked at him and looked at Seohyun but did not say anything.

He wanted to grab Seohyun and bring her inside, away from Jinwoon. His hands trembled in wanting to do it but he stopped himself, thinking that he was in no position to do so.

And so, he simply walked pass them, without answering Jinwoon.

Seohyun looked down, trying to avoid eye contact with him. She couldn’t possibly look into his eyes right now and remain where she is, because if she does look into his eyes, she might give in with the push and pull they’re doing right now.

Jinwoon and Seohyun talked more when Yonghwa left. Jinwoon talked mostly, while Seohyun tried her best not to think about Yonghwa.

When Yong came into their room, he saw Doojoon standing in front of the door.

He quickly closed the door and said,

“What?”

“You know what.” Doojoon answered firmly.

“Mind your own business.” Yong tried to ignore him.

“You know Yong, you’re starting to lose your image right now. Where’s the Yong that I used to know? All I see is a guy who’s too scared to do anything and take risks.”

“What are you talking about all of a sudden?”

“I heard everything from Hyoyeon.”

“Well sometimes Hyoyeon talks a lot.”

Every ounce of Doojoon wanted to hit Yong because of his comment, but he refused to do so considering his friend’s situation right now.

“I heard about Sooyoung and Siwon too. Apparently, Sooyoung told Hyoyeon immediately after they got together.”

“I don’t know what she’s thinking, seriously.”

“What about you Yong, what are you thinking?”

“What do you want me to do Doojoon? You want me to put Hyun in danger? She’s fragile. Do you even remember what happened two years ago? Sooyoung and I almost died. You and Hyoyeon almost died too. That’s even the reason why we stopped fighting!” Yong shouted at Doojoon.

“Of course I remembered Yong. But I’m still here right?”

“Yeah, but we barely made it. We almost died without even knowing the man behind all that and now, my dad told us that he’s back! Don’t you think I’m not thinking hard enough on what’s the best thing to do?”

“Don’t you even want to know who really did that to us, two years ago? Are your feelings for Seohyun not strong enough to risk everything with her? Don’t you trust us to be always here for you no matter what happens?” Doojoon asked his friend who could not even answer him.

Then Yong spoke,

“What about Hyoyeon? What does she thinks? I thought she did not want to bring Seohyun in all this mess?”

“I’ll talk to her and she will understand. And besides, isn’t Seohyun already a big part of this mess? We’ve been hanging out with her almost all the time. Think about it Yong. I’m telling you this because I’m your friend. I’m not going to idly stood by and see that new guy take Seohyun away from you. Oh and by the way, why are you so scared about that guy who kept threatening us anyway? He hasn’t even showed himself.”

Yong listened to what Doojoon had to say and thought about it.

“Is it wrong to think about things too much? Must I follow what my heart is saying when my mind keeps on telling me that it’s wrong?” Yong argued with himself. He took his guitar hoping that his music would soothe his aching heart and confused mind.

Unfortunately, aside from Seohyun, nothing else can put his mind and heart at peace right now.

He laid down into his bed and placed his left hand on his forehead. He closed his eyes but the moment he did, different thoughts came in his mind.

He stood up and tried to do exercises, but it didn’t work as well.

He looked at their wall clock and realized that it was almost midnight already.

“Aishh! Why can’t I sleep?” Before Yong knew what he was doing, he found himself in front Seohyun’s room.

Hands formed into a fist, he raised his right hand, trying to knock. But he abruptly stopped his hands from hitting the door and hesitated if he should be doing this. Then he repeated the same thing and stopped himself again.

His hands are cold and his mind’s running too fast thinking of the right thing to say.

“Is she even awake?” He thought.

When Yong finally gained the courage, he suddenly heard a voice behind him. It was Seohyun’s.

“Oh. – Yong?” Yong quickly looked back and saw Hyun.

“Hyun.” He said, a bit surprise to see her.

“What are you doing here?” He then added.

“I needed fresh air, so – hey, I’m the one who should ask you that.” Hyun countered.

“Uh right.” Yong answered, his mind was unable to produce enough words to form a sentence.

Seohyun stood in front of him, waiting for him to speak.

When Yong finally had enough courage, he strained himself to move.

With a surprise, Seohyun let out a gasp when she realized that Yong took her right arm and pulled her into the direction she came from.

Yong had a determined look and Hyun wondered what he had in mind.

“Uh, Yong, where are we going?” Seohyun kept on asking Yong but he refused to answer.

He simply continued to pull her and took her up the stairs.

Seohyun realized that they were going to the rooftop and she followed him while her heart kept on beating so fast.

When they reached the rooftop, Yong quickly let go of her hand.

He kept his back from her and remained silent. Hyun also waited for him to speak.

She could hear her heart beating loudly that she actually feared that he might hear it.

“What is he thinking? What are we doing here?” She thought.

Then with a warm realization, she noticed that even though they have not spoken to each other, the awkward feeling they had before is not there.

“This is the same hands that saved me the first time we met. The same arms that held me so tight and made me feel safe. The same eyes that looked at me and made me shivered all throughout my body.” Seohyun looked at Yong and continued thinking

“The same lips that kissed me in our school hospital. This is the guy who taught me how to like and fall for someone. From my innocent self before, I have experienced a lot after a short time; and it’s all because of him. No matter how he treats me for one day, he would still be the same guy. Nothing’s changed.” She thought with a smile.

Then she heard Yong said,

“Hyun. . .” He held her left arm and his right hand came to hold her face.

He angled her face and made her look into his eyes.

He moved his right hand and Hyun felt his hand on her nape.

It was a new feeling for Seohyun, a new level of skinship that Yong was showing.

Seohyun thought that she should probably get away from his grasp, but looking into his eyes, she just can’t.

“Hyun. . .” Yong said again.

He inched closer to her, and Seohyun closed her eyes.

“He’s going to-” Seohyun thought and realized that Yong’s hand moved down to her back and held her close to him.

She then heard him chuckle and said,

“I’m not going to kiss you.” She looked up at him with pleading eyes and Yong smiled.

He continued;

“The next time I kiss you, it’s going to be perfect.” He took a strand from her hair that fell out and placed it behind her ear.

“Yong.” Seohyun said, her eyes starting to water. Yong continued to look at her and said,

“I’m sorry Hyun. I did not know what I was doing today.”

“Yong. . .” Seohyun kept on saying, tears started to slowly fall down her eyes.

“Why would you go out with that guy anyway?!” Yong said with a slightly louder voice, teasing Hyun.

“I did not – I just did it because you were ignoring me!” Seohyun wiped her tears and chuckled a bit too.

“I ignored you for a day and you end up having Jinwoon walk you home!”

“I – I – He was just being nice! Why’d you ignore me anyway! I kept trying to talk to you this morning and you give me monosyllabic answers!”

“Do you even like him?” Yong asked, now looking at Seohyun seriously.

Seohyun a bit and said,

“What if I do?” Yong looked at her with hurt eyes and took a step back. Then he said,

“You like him a lot?!”

“Just a bit.” Seohyun continued to .

“Then I’ll make sure you won’t like him even a bit anymore!” Yong stepped nearer to her again and held her.

Seohyun was surprised that Yong’s showing his jealous side. She actually enjoyed seeing him like that. She laughed at him and Yong realized that she was teasing him.

After awhile, the two of them took a seat and enjoyed the view from their rooftop.

Shibuya was remarkable at night. It looks so happy with all the colors on its streets.

Then Seohyun spoke first,

“Yong, is something wrong?” Yong looked at her and noticed that she was bothered by her question.

“I’m sorry if I acted the way I did today Hyun, it will never happen again.”

“Yeah, I just wanted to know why you suddenly ignored me today. It’s not like you to do that.” Yong looked at the view in front of them, wanting to tell her everything but decided not to. He thought of telling her the truth but without exposing too much.

“I just got scared that being with me would hurt you, Hyun.” Hyun looked at Yong and saw how much his words meant to him.

“Why would I get hurt? I know you’re not going to allow yourself or anyone else to hurt me Yong. I trust you.” Seohyun’s words meant so much to Yong.

It made him stronger and he realized how much he wanted to fight for what they have.

The fear is still there, but a new found faith is now stronger than that.

Yong took Seohyun’s hand and placed it above his chest near his heart.

“Do you feel it?” He asked Seohyun who looked shocked and confused with what Yong was doing.

“Feel it?” She asked.

“Yeah.” Yong simply answered, hoping that his heart would tell Hyun his feelings and all the other secrets that are left unspoken.

 

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

It was almost three in the morning when Yong and Hyun decided to retire.

Yong took Hyun to her room first before he went to his room too.

But before he entered, he noticed a note slipped beside their door knob. He wondered who it came from since it wasn’t there when he left to go to Hyun’s apartment. He looked at the back of the note and saw writing in it;

 

-  J.J.

“Who is J.J.?” Yong thought to himself.

 

END of CHAPTER 14

 

Author's Note: What do you think of this chapter? Sorry if it took me awhile to update!! :DDD Honestly I was looking for inspiration and I watched WGM of YongSeo again to find it!! I hope you like this Chapter :))) And by the way, I would go on a short vacation starting tomorrow. It's in a place wherein there are no internets so I will update as soon as I get back. I would be bringing my laptop to write there. 

 

By the way, comments are very much appreciated! And leave out suggestions if you have some; I am very open to any. I also hope you subscribe to this story if you want to :)))) THANK YOU!

 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE:))