UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

 

UNREQUITED LOVE

CHAPTER 1

 

                        As the raise of the sun slowly lit up her entire bedroom, Seohyun has already awoken and was nowhere to be found inside her room. Instead, she was in the garden trying to draw the peaceful scenery of the green meadow, the birds that are resting on the tree’s branches and the sunlight that little by little glows through the holes between the leaves of the trees. Seohyun took a deep breath and appreciated the wonderful sight.

The backyard of Seohyun’s family mansion was indeed a peaceful place, especially since it is located in an unknown place purposely made so that uninvited guest would not be able to locate it.

“Good morning Miss Seohyun, breakfast will be served within five minutes. Your mother is asking about your whereabouts and she is waiting for you in the dining table.”

Seohyun’s personal maid, an old uptight lady who may look strict but actually cares for Seohyun a lot, said sternly. Seohyun gave her a genuine smile and said,

“Good morning Miss Yoon, I’ll be there once I finish my drawing. It would only take two to three minutes, I promise. You can go ahead without me, oh, and thank you.”

“You’re welcome miss; I’ll go and tell your mom.” Miss Yoon said, then bowed and left.

 

AT THE DINING TABLE

“Where were you Seohyun? Why aren’t you wearing any coat if you’ve gone outside? You’d catch a cold because of that.”

 Seohyun’s mom told her with a worried look.

“I was only in the terrace mom, oh, by the way, where is dad?” Seohyun said in a wondered voice to divert her mom’s attention which happened to work.

“He’s taking care of an important matter but he will be here so-“ Seohyun’s mom was cut off as her dad entered the room.

“Good morning my beautiful ladies, finally, I have finished the arrangements and now, Seohyun, your mom and I have an important news to tell you immediately.” Her dad said with a serious look.

Seohyun felt confused and nervous about what that important thing could be that her parents have to tell her immediately.

“What is it dad?” Seohyun asked.

“Seohyun, your mom and I, since you’re doing so well with your lessons and your grades are always excellent, your mom and I, we’ve decided to, um . . . before that, you know that we love you, right?”

“Yes dad, I know how much you and mom loves me. I love you too. So no matter what it is, I know that you’re doing it because you love me. So come on, tell me. What is it about?” Seohyun pleaded.

Her dad replied, “Well, we have decided to send you to Shibuya and study in a normal school, which means no more home-schooling.”

Seohyun was so surprised the moment she heard what her dad said. It was like different thoughts were running through her mind at the same time. Her heart was beating so fast and she was so confused and shocked that she felt different emotions all at the same time, if that was even possible.

Finally, Seohyun spoke calmly as her parents waited for her to reply.

“I understand mom, dad. When do I actually start?” she said with a slightest hint of a smile.

Her parents were also shocked with Seohyun’s lack of opposition and questions about their sudden decision, but then again, they thought to themselves,

“That’s the type of daughter we have, respectable and understanding. How lucky they were to have such a daughter.”

Seohyun’s mom asked first,

“Are you ok with it honey? What do you feel right now?”

Seohyun smiled and said, “I was very surprised at first. Then I had to collect myself and process my thoughts. I know you’re doing this for a reason but I really don’t need to know why you’ve suddenly decided to send me to a normal school mom, dad. It would still be studying and that’s what matters to me. Right now, the only thing that remained is that I’m scared. I’m scared because I don’t know a single thing about the place I’ll be in. I’m just a little scared mom.”

Seohyun’s mom came to her and hugged her and said,

“Seohyun, you’re bright and nice and beautiful though shy honey. You have a genuine heart. I know that you can do it. You’re our daughter, aren’t you? You know that we’ll be here for you, always.”

“I know that mom, thank you.”

“Now then” Seohyun’s dad interrupted, “you’ll be leaving first thing in the morning.”

He came to her and continued,

“I know it’s so soon princess, but you don’t have to worry about anything. Everything has been prepared for you in there; you have a spacious and already furnished apartment a few blocks away from your school. Your closet there is already filled with your clothes along with your uniforms and everything that you also need. So you would only have to bring the important things from here. Also you would go to Seisho Highschool. It’s one of the best schools in our country. I already talked to your homeroom teacher to allow you to absent on the first day of school to allow you to settle in your apartment. You’ll receive a monthly allowance. From that you would have to buy your own necessities such as food and the likes. It may seem that we are punishing you princess but please don’t think that. You are the most precious thing that your mom and I have. One day, we’ll tell you the reason for all this.”

“Will I be living alone, dad?” Seohyun asked.

“Yes princess, this time, I give you total freedom because I trust you. You can call us anytime you want or need us. You can also go home anytime, especially during school breaks. Now remember, you can always, always call us, me and your mom or anyone here, you know that right?”

“I understand dad, thank you.” Seohyun replied and hugged both her parents.

 

END OF CHAPTER 1