UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

CHAPTER 34

 

The group finally reached their first stop and it was the oldest library of the country.

 The students also piled up to observe some of the oldest writings ever written.

The batch would be staying there for half a day before they would go to the oldest school in the country and stay there for a night.

“Wha – what are you doing?” Hyun quickly asked Yong when he took her huge bag from her arm.

“Carrying your bag.” He replied smiling coolly at her.

“Why?” Hyun asked again.

“Because that’s what men do Hyun.” Soo inserted and Hyun saw that Siwon was also holding her bag while she held into Siwon’s arms.

“Aren’t you being too PDA-ish…” Hyo asked while looking critically at Siwon and Sooyoung.

Siwon smiled and said... “Yeah, a little bit.”

Hyo rolled her eyes and wished that she was here with Doojoon too.

All five of them walked along the halls of the library while occasionally taking notes for their essay about the trip.

Yong would frequently space out on thoughts even if he was already with Hyun. The one week deadline he has left just keeps on going back at him.

“Yong?” Hyun called Yong’s attention for the third time this while they were still roaming around the library.

“Uhh, yeah?” Yong snapped back out into reality.

“I asked Hyo to take a picture of us together… are you okay?”

“Yeah…” Yong simply answered and put on a smile beside Hyun.

---

“Oh look at this Hyun, this is one of the largest book I have ever seen.” Hyo said and dragged Hyun towards the book with Sooyoung.

Siwon and Yong left to help bring the food for the students, since it was headed by Siwon himself.

Soo and Hyo were quite awed by the old manuscripts and books that were designed and written differently compared to the present.

Hyun would mostly be amazed by all these if she weren’t having her thoughts away from it.

“Hyun…” Soo called for Hyun’s attention while Hyun felt her hands on her shoulder, tapping her.

Hyun looked up and Soo with inquiring eyes.

“Are you okay?” Hyo added. “You look worried and preoccupied.”

Hyun smiled warmly at her friends and said… “I’m sorry guys. I’m just… I’m just worried about Yong, he has been spacing out a lot today.”

“Like what you just did awhile ago… space out?”

“Yeah…”

The other girls gave a few minutes to contemplate and find an explanation to their worried friend…

“You two are already fine right? I mean, obviously…” Hyo spoke first.

“Well maybe Yong is just worried about something…” And Sooyoung added and left her sentence hanging.

---

“Yong…” Siwon said with a grunt as they carried the heavy boxes that contained the student’s lunch.

“Yeah?” Yong replied while together they went to the small dining room, still carrying the boxes.

“Soo told me about your dad and every complication that you know… goes with your lives.”

“I know.”

….

“uhh so, I would just like to ask about the –J.J. guy, I haven’t heard from him in a few weeks already… Soo feels the same way too and she’s kind of worried…” Siwon tried to get answers from Yong without asking anything…

But Yong remained silent while they proceeded to carry another set of boxes.

“Uhm… I told Soo that it’s better that –J.J. hasn’t contacted any of you yet. But somehow, I’m worried myself. Soo is very important to me and I don’t want that –J.J. guy to get in the way of us. I told Soo that we could hire and investigator for the man’s identity and maybe… you know… do something to stop him.”

Siwon paused to catch his breath, hands both on his waist and looked at Yong pryingly.

Yong took a second to think about Siwon’s offer; his chances of being with Hyun… and the possibility of stopping –J.J. without the likelihood of his loved ones getting hurt…

“Thanks for taking care of my twin sister. Uhm… I’ll think about what you said.” Yong replied and took another box and walked ahead of Siwon.

---

Yong closed his eyes, weighing all the possibilities… and his chances.

Would it be better if he took Siwon’s offer? Would he really be able to give Hyun a peaceful life?

But if he would take on Siwon’s offer, wouldn’t Jinwoon and Hyun’s family still be there to stop their love for one another?

And if that happens, would he be an enough to ask Hyun to choose between him and her family??

OR

What if he agrees to –J.J.’s offer of leaving Hyun.

She might get hurt in the start… but Jinwoon… Jinwoon would be there for her. He’s not so bad… like what he told Hyun before.

“Jinwoon’s a pretty nice guy too.” He thought to himself.

And besides, his family would finally get some peace and quite from –J.J. if he would do his offer.

“Technically… it’s the easiest way to go.” He thought again.

He let out a huge sigh, cursing himself for thinking too much when he should be with Hyun right now.

And so after he and Siwon finished their duties, they went back to where the girls were staying.

“Soo…” Siwon called out to her while she and Hyo looked back to see that Siwon and yong were coming.

“Is it lunch already?” Soo asked and went straight to her boyfriend.

Yong looked around and did not see Hyun anywhere near their friends.

“Oh Hyun went to look for a comfort room Yong.” Hyo explained upon onticing Yong’s reaction.

“Who was she with?” He asked her.

“I told her that we can go together but she said she won’t be gone long. The CR’s that way.” Soo answered and pointed to the direction of the comfort room.

Yong went straight to the direction Soo was pointing while mumbling his thanks on his way.

When he finally caught a glimpse of Hyun, he was surprised to see the person standing and walking beside her.

“Jinwoon…”

Hyun looked up and saw Yong walking straight to their way.

“Yong…” she called out when he got near. “I went to the comfort room for a bit. Is everything okay?”

“Yeah… hey Jinwoon.” Yong said.

“Hey.” Jinwoon simply replied and walked away from the two.

For a few seconds, there was an awkward silence between the two, then Yong cleared out his throat and said…

“Come on, I think our lunch’s already served.” He smiled at Hyun and all of a sudden, the tension that Jinwoon caused was already gone.