UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

 

UNREQUITED LOVE

Chapter 21

 

 

“Hyun.” Yong warmly said as he saw the worried look that Hyun got when she saw him and realized that he was injured.

“Yong? What happened?” Hyun quickly went to Yong to help him stand properly.

They went inside Hyun’s room and Hyun sat Yong down on her sofa.

“Hyun, I’m sorry I cancelled -”

“That doesn’t matter Yong. What happened? Who did this to you?” Hyun said as she went to get her first aid kit. Hyun quickly went back and started mending Yong’s wounds.

“What happened Yong? You look pale and …” Yong was not even able to listen what Hyun was saying as he simply looked at Hyun’s face while Hyun continues to treat him.

“Hyun..” Yong thought, he was caught up in a daydream but reality keeps on disrupting his thoughts and he again thought of the favor –J.J. asked from him. As he looks at Hyun,

“How can I live without this breathtaking woman in front of me?”

“Yong? Are you listening? Do you want to go to the hospital? Or report this to the police? Who did this?” As she continued to say, Yong suddenly grabbed her by surprise and hugged her tightly.

“Uhh Yong?” Hyun asked, surprised and barely breathing due to Yong’s tight grip.

“Do you want to tell me something?” Hyun asked again, also thinking about wanting to tell Yong that her parents want her to meet someone.

“Yong, what’s wrong? Tell me?” Hyun thought to herself, knowing that it’s better to not say anything and remain that way for a moment to calm Yong down.

Then all of a sudden, Hyo and Doojoon burst in to Hyun’s apartment and saw Hyun and Yong hugging each other. The two of them looked surprised and at the same time awkward to have witnessed such a scene.

Hyun and Yong on the other hand quickly let go of each other and acted like nothing happened. “Uhm, Doojoon and I will go out for a minute.

Don’t mind us; continue with whatever you’re doing.” Hyo started to say, trying to avoid eye contact with Hyun and Yong.

“Yeah. Don’t mind us, carry on.” Doojoon also added and the two started to walk out.

“Hyo, Doojoon, uhm I forgot to lock the door. Come on in.” Hyun stood up and smiled at Hyo and Doojoon.

Doojoon went to Yong with a mischievous and teasing smile at first, and then it was lost when he noticed that Yong was badly hurt.

“Yong? What? Who? Why?” Doojoon began asking and suddenly had an all knowing look and said,

“No. It can’t be?”

“Hyun, Doojoon and I were hanging out when we received your text. I thought that you two went out today that’s why I didn’t bother to text you. But how did all this happen? What – what’s going on?” Hyun only answered Hyo with a worried look and looked at Yong, as if looking at him would give Hyo answers.

Hyo quickly went to Yong too and it dawned to her that this might be the doing of that –J.J.

She went to Yong and carefully whispered to Yong, so that Hyun can’t hear them and said

“Did he do this?” Yong looked at Hyo then back to Doojoon and said,

“No. I just got caught in a fight and I didn’t want to involve Hyun that’s why I cancelled our date today.” Yong said as Hyun approached them.

“Hyun, you didn’t tell me that Yong cancelled today. I could have gone here to be with you.” Hyo said at Hyun.

“I thought that I should here Yong’s explanation first before I tell you everything else Hyo.” Hyun answered and looked at Yong with sincere eyes.

Yong looked at Hyun back and thought that it was best not tell anyone anything. Hard as it is, Yong thought that it would be for the best.

“I got into a fight Hyun. It’s just some people in my past that decided to take revenge from all the things that I’ve done in to them.” Doojoon and Hyo were surprised to hear what Yong said and were puzzled whether he was telling the truth or not.

“Tell me everything from the start Yong.” Hyun said and sat beside Yong while the other two listened.

“I’m not perfect Hyun.” Yong said, looking at Hyun and trying his best to put an ounce of truth in his words.

“A few years ago, I enjoyed having fights and wanted to be the best on it.” Yong smiled, looking back at the things he has done before. And continued,

“A lot of guys hated me because of that. That’s why now, they came back to haunt me.”

“But if you were the best, why didn’t you fight back Yong?” Hyun asked, obviously confused.

“Because, I’ve already stopped fighting Hyun. I will let them do anything they want to do to me, as long as they don’t hurt you.” Hyun let out a gasp upon hearing Yong’s words and her eyes started to water.

“Yong.. I – I don’t understand. What are you talking about? They want to hurt me? What do we do? They can’t keep on hurting you..” Yong felt kind of relieved because even though he hid the truth from Hyun, his words meant a lot and it was still true.

He’s going to do the favor because Hyun meant that much to him. Even if it means that it would break his heart into a thousand pieces.

When that happens, he wouldn’t show how much it hurts him and he would still try his best to be the man of their family but he would be back to the cold and blunt person he used to be.

He’ll start acting like he doesn’t have a heart. And maybe when that day comes, maybe it would be true that he won’t have a heart, because when the day would come that he will leave Hyun, he will also leave his heart to her and he wouldn’t probably want to take it back too.

After treating Yong and eating dinner together, Hyo and Doojoon left.

Sooyoung phoned Hyun that she couldn’t come because she had a photo shoot and she couldn’t get out from it. But Hyun reassured her that Yong’s fine and she would tell her about it when they see each other on Monday.

When Yong came back to their apartment, Doojoon was waiting for him to come.

 “Yong?” Yong looked at Doojoon but did not say anything and instead went straight to his bed. Doojoon followed him and said,

“Is it true? Did some guys really come after you for revenge?”

“Yes.” Yong answered with an exasperated sigh, obviously seeing the irony in Doojoon’s question and his answer.

“You’re lying to me right now?” Yong thought if Doojoon knows anything about what really happened today, but he can’t be, can he? So he answered Doojoon calmly, observing how he would react.

“I’m not lying.”

“Did that –J.J. guy did this? What does he want?” Yong thought of Hyun again and answered.

“I haven’t heard anything from him actually.”

“If that’s what you say so Yong; just know that whatever it is, you can always count on us to support you.”

“I know.” Yong thought,

“that is why I need you to stay out of this so that no one else gets hurt.”  

Monday came and the three girls; Hyun, Hyo and Sooyoung were talking seriously in their classroom.

It was still early and a few students were still around. Doojoon told Hyo about the talk he had with Yong and how he denied that –J.J. has to anything to do with what happened to him.

Hyo also told Sooyoung which made everyone calmer too.

“So Hyun, are you ok?” Sooyoung asked Hyun.

Hyun thought about it for a bit and said,

“Yeah. I’m touched that Yong would do such a thing for me.”

She placed her hand near her heart, as if it was the one thing that keeps her alive and happy.

Matter of fact is that what’s really inside her heart is Yong.

“But I don’t want Yong to undergo such thing again for me. I want to be able to be with him in every hardship he will have in his life.” Hyo and Sooyoung looked at her passionately and thought of how complicated Hyun’s life became into compared from her luxurious life before.

And then suddenly, Sooyoung phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Sooyoung. It’s me.”

“Dad?”

“Where’s your dad calling from?” Hyo asked and Sooyoung placed her finger in , asking Hyo to keep quite.

“Dad? Is everything alright?”

“Uhh Yeah, I just called to tell you that the girls and I are moving out of our old house and if you want, you can help us pack our things too. We didn’t touch anything in your room and you know, the girls miss you a lot. We can go for a visit your mom too.”

“Really? Sure that would be great dad! When will you start packing and moving?”

“We’ve started packing already.”

“Oh okay. How long will it take?”

“About two weeks or less I guess? Then after that, we’ll be all settled in our new house.”

“Ok, I’ll go home there. I just need to ask permission to our adviser first.”

“Ok. We look forward in to seeing you.”

“Me too dad, take care.”

“You too, bye.”

“Who was that?” Hyo asked again.

“It was my step dad and apparently I’ll be going home for two weeks.”

“What? Two weeks? That’s way too long Soo.”

“Yeah but I haven’t gone home for almost two years now, two weeks isn’t enough to make out for the loss time.”

“You’re right too.”

“So, what were we talking about again? Oh yeah, Yong!” Sooyoung said and the girls started talking about Yong and everything else again.

When Yong came in their classroom, Hyun quickly noticed him and they both looked at each other.

Yong went to the three girls and greeted them before he went to his chair.

“Yong really did change a lot.” Hyo said looking at Yong who was now on his way to his seat.

“You’re right. He has changed a lot.” Sooyoung agreed too while Hyun simply blushed at the praises her friends gave to Yong.

“Oh guys, I have to go for a minute. Siwon’s outside the classroom.” Sooyoung excused herself while Hyun and Hyo through their looks.

After a few minutes, their adviser came in and the class settled down.

“Good morning everyone.” Their adviser greeted.

“Before I forget, I’m going to make a few announcements. Next week, the teachers have agreed to hold an educational trip around the country.” The class suddenly became noisy upon hearing their adviser’s announcement.

Hyo, most specifically was the one most excited of all.

Hyun looked at Sooyoung who was seating beside her and said,

“What’s an educational trip?”

“It’s like a field trip; we visit different places and learn cultures, traditions and the like ourselves. It’s like a hands-on experience for us too.”

“For a week?”

“Yeah. Usually the seniors are only the ones who go to educational trip. I wonder why all of a sudden, we’re going to it.” Soo said and raised her hand.

“Yes Miss Choi?”

“I’d like to ask if the seniors are going too?”

“Yes. Yes they are but on a separate bus Miss  Choi.” With a bright look, Soo faced Hyun again and said,

“Siwon’s going too.” Hyun smiled at her and looked at Yong on her other side.

 He also looked at her and gave out a curios look.

“Are you joining?” Hyun asked Yong.

He acted like he wasn’t sure to go which made Hyun sad for a bit and said,

“Yeah, sure.” Then Hyun smiled at him and Yong also smiled coolly at her.

When their break came, Hyo and Soo went to Hyun’s seat as Hyun took out a notebook from her bag.

“What’s that for Hyun?” Hyo asked.

“It’s my notes. We’re going to have a test in our next class and I need to review a few terms.”

“WE ARE???” Hyo shouted,

“I totally forgot to study?!! Hyun, is it difficult?”

“No not really. Here I have summarized some of the terms too.” Hyun calmly replied and handed Hyo her summary notes.

“Soo, have you studied?”

“Uhh yeah.”

“Really?” Hyo shouted again,

“Why didn’t you two remind me!? Wait?! You? Studying?” Hyo asked again and Soo blushed a bit and looked down.

“Actually, Siwon tutored me.”

“What??” And Hyun simply laughed at her two friends. Hyo looked at Hyun with critical eyes and said,

“You studied with Yong too, right?”

“What? No I didn’t!” Hyun denied, still laughing.

“Yong doesn’t study Hyo!” Sooyoung interrupted.

“Hyun.” Suddenly all three girls faced the owner of the voice.

It was Jinwoon.

“Jinwoon?”

“Uh hi.” He replied with a smile.

“Hi.” Soo and Hyo looked at him menacingly as he approached Hyun.

“Can I ask you tutor me too?”

“Huh?” “I’m not good at some subjects and I noticed that you get good grades. Is it okay if I ask you to tutor me?”

“Uh yeah, sure.”

“Can we start now?” He said and grabbed a chair beside Hyun while Hyun started explaining some terms to him.

RING RING RING

“Uhm, excuse me for a bit.” Hyun said as she took her phone out.

“Dad?”

“Hyun!”

“Hey dad! How are you? Is everything alright?”

“Yes of course it is Hyun. How about you?”

“Everything’s fine dad.”

“Honey, do you remember what mom told you the last time that you two talked.?”

“Yes dad.” Hyun replied with a gloom in her voice.

“Is something wrong honey?”

“No. There’s nothing really dad.”

“Oh good. Your mom and I will be coming a few days from now Hyun. Is it okay? Maybe we’ll go there next week?”

“Dad, we’re having an educational trip next week. Our adviser just told us.”

“Oh really. You’re joining?”

“Can I?”

“Of course you can Hyun. Hmm so if you’ll be gone next week, we’ll go visit you this weekend? How’s that sound?”

“Great dad. Can’t wait to see you.”

“Us too honey. You take care okay?”

“Yes dad. Say hi to mom for me.”

“She’s in the garden right now.”

“Oh okay. I’ll call next time dad, I still need to do something.”

“Okay Hyun. Take care.” Then Hyun cut off the line and apologized to Jinwoon for the interruption.

“Hyun.” Hyun and Jinwoon both looked up and saw Yong standing in front of them.

 

Author's Note: So this is the second part of my double update. I hope you like it and stay tuned for more chapters :))) I'm currently working on it. weheheheheheheh YongSeo <3333

Comments and Suggestions and Subscriptions are very much welcome :))))