UNREQUITED LOVE

UNREQUITED LOVE

 

UNREQUITED LOVE

Chapter 18

 

The silence of the room was unbearable. All four of them looked at each other and they knew that the time has come to reach into an agreement about something.

The event that occurred and all of them decided not to talk about, needs to be talked about now.

They knew that a lot of things have changed and decisions need to be made.

“Yong.” Sooyoung looked at her twin brother with serious eyes.

She took a deep breath and found it hard to talk, but she has already decided about a lot of things and she’s not going back down on those.

“Hyo,” Sooyoung was now looking at Hyo and looked at Doojoon, then back to Hyo and continued;

“- Hyo, Doojoon; what happened two years ago, when you went to help us when we were being harmed by the guys paid by J.J., without thinking that you’ll be putting your life in danger as well; you know how grateful I am right? Despite the fact that having all four of us fought against them and we didn’t stand a chance and we ended up hospitalized for almost two months, and Doojoon almost lost the capability to walk –”

“Sooyoung, what are you trying to say?” Hyo interrupted her.

“You know that whatever happens, Doojoon and I will always be here for the two of you, even if it cost us our lives.” She continued saying with sincerity in her eyes while the two men, Yong and Doojoon, silently listened to the two first.

“I know that. After everything that happened Hyo; after I met Yong, the Shibuya contest, and even before the time when I went crazy looking for my father and blamed him for my mom’s death, you stood by me. Always. You made me understand how great life was; how great our dad was; and even after almost dying for Yong and I, you never forgot to smile and show me to live life at fullest. That is why –” Sooyoung looked down, unable to continue what she was saying. Yong inserted in and said,

“We know that after we got hospitalized, we have agreed on a lot of things, to –” he cleared his throat and continued “- keep us safe, especially Sooyoung and I.”

“So, what you’re trying to say is –” Doojoon tried to get to the point.

“We know that we’ve agreed that we would try to stay away from each other after that event, since dad told us that guy’s plans right? He plans on hurting the ones we love to hurt us. That’s just his main goal. We decided not to care and put so much attention on someone to keep everybody safe.”

Hyo looked down, understanding what Yong was trying to say. She herself doesn’t know what to do about the sudden change of events recently. Especially having Hyun involved in all these and knowing that she was the one who said not to tell Hyun anything to protect her.

“So, what do we do now?” Doojoon asked, trying to keep a calm façade in front of everyone but feeling the same level of worry and nervousness everyone was also feeling.

“I’m sorry. It’s my entire fault.” Sooyoung suddenly looked at all of them and said,

“If I have not decided to date Siwon and forced Yong to man up about Hyun, we would not be right here, right now, talking about this.”

“Sooyoung . .” Hyo went to Sooyoung and placed her arm around her.

“Come on, it’s nobody’s fault. It’s unfair for life to put you and Yong in this kind of situation. And it’s especially unfair for us to ask you to stay away from the person you have feelings with; not when Doojoon and I are happily dating each other right? I know that I asked you not to tell Hyun about all these before, but I wanted to protect her. The moment I met her, she’s this innocent girl that you just want to protect. And then we knew that she came from a different kind of life that we are in and you know –”

Yong heard Hyo and thought for s split second that he hasn’t asked Hyun anything about her life.

Then he got back to the main topic and said,

“I think we all know that Sooyoung and Siwon already have an understanding with each other.”

“How about you and Hyun?” Hyo teased to slightly cheer the atmosphere.

And Yong gave out a vibrant smile. It was the kind of smile that he would only have when he thinks of Hyun or when he’s with her.

“Anyways, I wanted to have this talk with you to ask your permission to tell Hyun about all these mess.”

All three of them looked at Yong in shock and thought about what he said.

“Hyun said that you told him about your personal life Yong, did you tell her everything already?” Hyo asked.

“I told her that I am a foster child and I had a twin sister.”

“Did you tell her that I’m your twin sister?” Sooyoung asked.

“She mentioned that we could be twins since you also told her you had a lost twin, but I haven’t told her that we really are twins.”

“Are you going to tell her about the guy who wants to hurt us?” Doojoon also asked.

“I don’t know.” Yong paused for a second and continued,

“I want to tell her everything. I want to introduce her to our dad and make her a part of my life.” They all smiled at Yong, seeing him initiate all these just because of this one girl.

“What are we going to do if that guy finds out Yong? I’m sure he would try to hurt Hyun and Siwon.” Sooyoung said and Doojoon and Hyo agreed too.

“That’s what I was thinking too. We can’t go back and leave Siwon and Hyun behind.” He looked at Doojoon and Hyo and continued,

“Actually, Sooyoung and I received a note.” He took the note from his bag, as well as Sooyoung and showed it to Doojoon and Hyo.

“We got it last night. We never mentioned it this morning since we decided to tell you right now.” Yong said.

“What does this mean?” Doojoon asked again.

“That’s what I was thinking too. Our dad said he’s back. He tried to poison our dad but after that, there were no signs of him, except this.”

“What does he want?” Hyo asked, already worrying too much.

“We don’t know either.” Sooyoung replied.

“Have you told your dad?” Doojoon asked again.

“No. Just the two of you. We figured that it only involves so far the ones we love since if he wanted to kill us, he would immediately go to our dad to mentally threaten him.”

“Is the note talking about Siwon and Hyun?” Hyo asked again.

But there was silence between them. Then she continued,

“What are you planning to do? What if they’re trying to hurt Siwon and Hyun?”

“I’ve decided to tell Hyun.” Yong said in finality.

“I’m going to tell Siwon too.” Sooyoung also said.

Then Doojoon held unto Hyo’s hands and said,

“We’re on this. No matter what you decide, we’ll bear it with you.” Hyo looked at Doojoon and looked at the twins with affirmation in her eyes.

Then they ate their dinner in silence and Hyo and Sooyoung left with Doojoon.

Yong would have taken Sooyoung home too, but she decided to sleep in Hyo’s apartment for the night. He went downstairs and when he went up alone, he then saw another note on their door that said,

“You’re not listening.” –J.J.

He crumpled the note and threw it. He did not care, as long as they have already decided what to do next.

All he cares about is to tell Hyun the truth and at the same time protect her from the guy who tries to harm them.

The following days, Yong waited outside Hyun’s apartment and they would go to school together.

They also spent a lot of time with each other, during class and during breaks.

At the end of the day, Hyun, along with Sooyoung and Hyo, would watch Yong’s soccer practice and bring him drinks.

The first time they watched Yong’s soccer practice, Hyun’s hands felt cold and couldn’t stop sweating.

Their soccer practice starts when the sun has set and other students have gone home already.

They went to the soccer field and saw only soccer varsities in there.

There was also a group of females cheering for their boyfriends, just like what Hyun would be doing.

“Hyun? Are you nervous?” Hyo asked.

That time, Sooyoung promised to catch up with them since she wanted to see Siwon to the supreme student’s office first.

She has been going to school with Siwon and talks to him during breaks too.

She would suddenly hear girls shouting from the hallways and then she knew that Siwon was outside their classroom, visiting her.

It has been an experience that any girl would not forget.

Sometimes, Siwon would bring her flowers or chocolates in school since he could not bring her at home because Sooyoung lives alone and it would be against his gentlemanly instincts to be in the same room with a girl, especially Sooyoung, alone.

That afternoon, Sooyoung decided to return the favor to Siwon.

She bought a cup of coffee for him, thinking that he would be going home late today too.

She knocked unto the door of the supreme student’s office, but there was no answer. She opened the door and saw the lights are still on but there were no sound inside.

“Siwon must have gone somewhere.” She thought.

She entered the office and took a look around. It was a medium sized office with a small table and chairs around it.

“This must be where they have a meeting or something.” Sooyoung laughed and found it cute to imagine Siwon acting all strict in front of s.

Then behind the table was a divider that separated it to a smaller room.

She went to the smaller room and found Siwon sleeping on his desk. She let out a gasp and a small laugh seeing him.

She went to him and sat on her heels so that her face was level with Siwon’s sleeping one.

“He looks so angelic when he’s asleep.” She smiled.

She looked at him and pointed her finger out to the direction of the tip of Siwon’s nose.

She followed the edge of his face with her finger then Siwon’s eyes suddenly opened.

Sooyoung was taken aback by Siwon’s sudden action. He smiled at her and with a sleepy, y voice said

“You were staring at me.”

Sooyoung, with eyes still wide, looked away from him.

She abruptly stood up and handed the coffee to Siwon without making eye contact.

“I – I wasn’t staring.” She said with difficulty.

Siwon smiled at her and took the coffee and asked her to sit down. But Sooyoung simply said,

“Co – coffee doesn’t make you sleep. You shouldn’t sleep in here; someone else might stare at you.”

Siwon slightly laughed at her and said,

“So you admit that you really did stare at me?”

“Whaaat? No!” And with that Sooyoung ran outside the office and left Siwon with a huge grin on his face.

Meanwhile, as Hyun and Hyo approached the soccer field, she held unto the drink that she bought for Yong tighter.

Her hands are sweating and cold.

“Hyun, are you nervous?” Hyo asked again.

“N – No.” Hyun lied and Hyo laughed at her.

“Obviously, this is the first time, in the little experience she has of real life that Hyun would go out and cheer for someone, during practice!” She thought and said,

“Come on, don’t be nervous. Yong’s waiting for you out there. He would practice a lot better if you’re around.” Hyun looked at Hyo with pleading eyes.

She gave out a sigh and said,

“I know you’re nervous. But after this one time, you’ll be a lot more comfortable to watch them.”

“What would his teammates say?” Hyun asked.

“They would , I guess. But maybe Yong would like that.” Hyo answered.

When they came, they sat to a neat bench beside the field and a lot of Yong’s teammate were whistling and cheering out loud.

At first, Yong did not notice since he was playing, but after a few minutes, he noticed why his teammates were so noisy.

While the game was going on, he went near the bench where Hyo and Hyun were sitting and his eyes locked with Hyun. He smiled at her while Hyun blushed furiously!

Then he continued to play the game.

“Sometimes, Yong is such a show off when you’re around.” Hyo commented.

Hyun did not say anything but simply watched the game and kept on holding the drink tighter.

When Yong’s game was over, he directly went to Hyun while his teammates cheered and .

They were very noisy and even sang crazy songs about

“Yong and Hyun sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!”

But Yong simply smiled at Hyun, seemingly enjoying Hyun’s reaction.

She was blushing so much that Yong thought how cute she looked like that.

She handed the drink to him and said,

“I just thought you’ll get thirsty.” Yong laughed at her and crumpled her hair.

She tried to stop him but he just kept on messing her hair and laughed.

“You look so cute.” He told her.

They looked in each other’s eyes then Yong drank his drink.

Hyo was left on the other side of the bench, third wheel that she is.

Yong looked at the bottle and said,

“I’m going to use this bottle always.”

“Are you kidding? You can throw that away.”

“Nah. I don’t want to.” He looked at Hyun with a glad look and said,

“Uhm – Hyun, can I ask you something?” She looked at him with curious eyes and said,

“Sure. What is it?”

“Uhm . .” He took a deep breath and paused then walked away from the bench.

When he came back, he was bringing this huge rock and asked one of his teammates to help him carry it.

Also in his hands are a smaller rock and a marker pen.

He and his teammate placed the bigger rock in front of Hyun.

He wrote NO in the bigger rock and YES on the smaller one.

Then he stood in front of Hyun and then ran across the field.

Yong’s teammates lined in between the soccer field, in front of Hyun.

Hyo moved beside Hyun and said,

“What’s happening? Why’s Yong behind all those guys?”

“I – I don’t really know.”

Then the two of them heard Yong’s teammates say

“WILL YOU GO OUT WITH OUR YONG THIS SATRUDAY?”

Hyun got really surprised on how crazy Yong’s way of asking her out is.

Then she thought,

“Oh yeah, Yong and I haven’t really had a real date ever since. But, OMO! It’s so embarrassing!”

Then she heard a beep from her phone and saw a text message from Yong who was standing across the field, a few feet behind his teammates.

She read the text and it said;

“YES or NO? Bring me your answer.”

Hyun looked at the huge rock which says NO and the small rock which says YES.

And she laughed at Yong’s playfulness. Then she said out loud but only Hyo can hear.

“Yong-choding!”

Across the field, where Yong was standing, he felt a sudden uneasiness.

He saw Hyun taking her bag and started to walk away from the field with Hyo.

His teammates looked at him in confusion and tried to run after Hyun.

When his teammates caught Hyun, they gathered a circle around her and let out a huge laugh looking at Yong.

Then they allowed Hyun to leave which left Yong utterly speechless.

 

End of Chapter 18

Author's Note: Hi everyone! What do you think of this update? :DD I hope you comment and subscribe with this story :))

Stay tuned for the HUGE TWIST! Thank you :D

DISCLAIMER: The rock idea, I got it from the movie PROM :))) I thought that it was so cute, and I said that this story is also inspired from my favorite movies, series and stories, so please bear with me. It's also inspired form my personal experiences :)))) THANKS minmeirin for reminding me :**