22.

Girlfriend For Sale

 

Ljoe led you to the bustop and got on the bus when it came. You were wobbling a bit as the ride was a bit bumpy and he held you by the waist to steady you. You blushed a little and so did he. As he was avoiding looking at you, he glanced around and noticed a group of boy students who were whispering and laughing while pointing at you discreetly. You didn’t notice it as your view was sort of blocked by Ljoe. He glared at them and trapped you protectively in between his arms. Your eyes widened at the sudden action and looked up at him. “W-what are you doing?” You stuttered a little. “Preventing you from falling face-down or on your .” He said it like it was an everyday thing he did and looked out the window. You smiled a little and lowered your head a bit so he couldn’t see your blushing face. Suddenly, the bus jerked and you fell towards your left. Ljoe held you by the waist instinctively and you grabbed his arms for support. You made eye contact with him for a full 5 seconds before he broke the stare first by clearing his throat and looking at some other way and you did the same. Little did you know, both you and Ljoe’s hearts were beating at an extremely irregular rate during that short 5 seconds and throughout the whole ride.

“We’re here.” Ljoe told you and led you down the bus. Somehow, you wished the bus ride was longer so that you could be that close to him again as long as possible, although the ride itself already took an hour. “Cmon, this way.” He flashed a smile and led you down the road, your hands intertwined together. You’re starting to like the feeling of his big, warm hands around your small hands, as did Ljoe. Soon, you reached the Han River and he led you towards a big tree near the river with a picnic basket and a mat in the shade. He sat down on the mat and motioned you to sit down as well, but you shook your head. “Isn’t this place occupied? I mean, look, there’s a mat and even a picnic basket!” He laughed and pulled you down. “This belongs to me. So of course it’s occupied. By me.” He said proudly and you gaped at him. “Yours?! B-but how did you- you were-“ you fumbled with your words but can’t seem to find the right words to say.” Well, technically all this belongs to Ricky, but his stuff equals to my stuff, so it’s considered mine anyway.” He explained and started taking out the food that was stored in the basket. Your jaw dropped at the sight before you. It wasn’t a picnic; it was a feast fit for a king! There were at least 10 different foods laid out in front of you, and you wasted no time in digging in when Ljoe announced “let’s eat!”

While finishing up the dessert, Ljoe pointed out to the river and asked you to look. You looked towards the direction he was pointing at and let out a sigh of awe. The sun was setting and the sky was in a mixture of purple, red and pink. “It’s so beautiful.” You breathed and Ljoe looked at you. “Yeah, you are.” He whispered, mostly to himself.

After clearing the empty Tupperware back into the basket, you laid down on the mat and admired the stars above you. “There’s so many stars out here tonight. It’s so pretty.” You said softly, as if speaking loudly would scare all the stars away. He laid beside you and let out a sigh. “It sure is.” A meteor shot across the sky and you sat up immediately. “Oppa, a shooting star! Quick, make a wish!!” You clasped your hands together excitedly and closed your eyes. Ljoe did the same and wished for the same thing as you.

After a few seconds, you opened your eyes to see Ljoe still wishing and you admired his side view. *Even his side view is handsome.* “I know I’m handsome, but you don’t have to stare like that.” He smirked and looked at you. You blushed a little and stammered “N-no. Who said I was staring at you? I was… staring at… at… that… cricket! Right there!” You pointed at the empty space beside him and he scoffed. “Yeah right. As if I’d believe that.” Suddenly, a sound of cricketing was heard and Ljoe jumped up in shock. “Oh my god there really is a cricket!” The cricket jumped on Ljoe and he ran around in circles. “ it’s on me it’s on me!! Getitoff getitoff getitoffffff!” He whimpered and you chortled. You flicked off the cricket on his shoulder with ease and held in the laughter that was threatening to burst out anytime soon. “So… you’re scared of crickets, I see.” He cleared his throat a few times and straighten himself. “No. I was just startled, that’s all.” “Right… Like I’d believe you.” You laughed and sat down.

“The look on your face was epic! I got my revenge I guess.” You were rolling on the ground by now and a few couples who passed by you were looking at both of you weirdly. “Shut up, you’re attracting unwanted attention.” He lowered his head, trying to hide his face. “Fine fine, I’ll stop.” You calmed down for a while but after seeing his face again you went into another round of laughter. “After this!!” You claimed and laughed for a full 2 minutes.

“Are you done?” Ljoe asked for the 18th time. “Yeah I’m done.” You said while catching your breath. “We should probably go home now, it’s getting late.” You checked your watch with a smile plastered on your face and stood up. “Wait!” Ljoe called out and stood up as well. “I… have a present for you.” He looked down and whispered, like a little boy confessing to his first love. You tilted your head and raised your eyebrows. “A present?” You echoed and he nodded. “Close your eyes.” He said and you did as told. He waved his hands in front of you and you didn’t have any reaction. He nodded in satisfaction and took out the one of the couple anklets he bought that day. He bent down and secured it around your ankle and you furrowed your eyebrows after feeling something cold being put around your leg. “Okay, open your eyes.” He said excitedly and you opened them slowly. The first thing you did was look down at your ankle and you let out a gasp. “Isn’t this-“ “The anklet you saw that day.” He finished your sentence and you felt touched. “When did you buy this?” “The same day you saw this.” He smiled and you had to smile back. “But isn’t this a couple anklet?” You asked curiously and he held out his left leg. “Tadah!” he pulled up his pants a little so the anklet was visible. You broke into a wider smile and looked up at him. “Thank you. For today. For everything.” You said from the bottom of your heart.

You gazed at each other under the moonlight and neither of you wanted to move away. Slowly, bit by bit, Ljoe inched closer and placed his hand on your cheeks, caressing it. Your heart jumped about wildly, anticipating what he was gonna do. “I’ve always wanted to do this.” He said softly, his breath hitting your lips. You wondered what was he talking about but at the next moment, you knew.

His lips touched yours softly, but even that soft peck was enough to set the fireworks off in your head. It felt like a puzzle was completed, and your lips moved in sync with his. You brought your arms up and wrapped it around his neck as your legs felt like jelly while his hands dropped to your waist, trying to pull you in as close as possible and to steady you. You broke the kiss after a while for some air. He laid his forehead against yours and panted softly. “That was my first kiss.” You informed him and he looked shocked. “Really? But I thought-“ “We weren’t allowed to have any skinships with customers, except for the usual cuddling and holding hands, but kisses weren’t exactly allowed.” You explained. “So… does that mean I broke the rules?” He asked and you just smiled. “I guess? But I’m sure ahjusshi wouldn’t know.” He chuckled softly. “Well, that was my first kiss too.” He confessed and your eyes widened. “Really?” He nodded lightly and gazed at your lips again. “And this is my second.” He whispered and crashed his lips on yours again. You just melted in his touch all over again. He broke the kiss this time and said “We should go home, it’s getting late.” You nodded and broke away from the close contact. “Alright, let’s go.” He packed up the things and went back with you, hand in hand.

 

 

I wish the 100 days would never end.

 

~~~~~

I had SOOOO much fun writing this chapter LOL I was squealing myself as well XD a chapter full of sweetness with 1527 words just for you guys! For being such lovely readers hehee <3333 did you like this chapter? :DDD