Epilogue - Now until Forever

99 Paper Cranes (Completed)
A/N: honestly, i was not supposed to publish this yet, but i made some people cry (and i can tell they want to kill me for making a sad ending lol) to tell you the truth, 99 paper cranes is supposed to have a sad ending, but i realized that after all the things that happened between kit and calvin, i believe they deserve to have their own happy ending...

anyway, i want to thank all the people who read this story. i want to thank the people from fahrenheit family philippines forum who encouraged me to finish this one. i want to thank the people who left comments here. i also want to thank my silent readers.

as for my little surprise... well... the surprise is, there will be a sequel to this story! i hope you guys would also read the sequel of this sroty, entitle 99 Love Notes.

Anyway, here's the very last chapter of the story...

Chapter 61: Epilogue – Now Until Forever...

Whenever I'm weary
From the battles that rage in my head
You make sense of madness
When my sanity hangs by a thread
I lose my way
But still you seem to understand
Now and forever
I will be your man...

--

Two Years Later...

Calvin sat outside the balcony. He was folding a piece of paper in his hand, and finally, he made it. It was another paper crane. He stared at it, and felt satisfied with his work. He smiled to himself as he put the new paper crane he made in a jar, together with the other paper cranes he have been making for the last two years. He shrugged his shoulder, and then looked outside. The sky outside is blue, and there were no clouds in sight. It was a perfect day, he knows. It was just a perfect day for one of his plans.

“Calvin...” he heard someone call. He looked back, and saw his mom smiling at him. “Its time...” she said. Calvin smiled at her and nodded his head. Before he leaves, he looked at the jar filled with paper cranes. “Wait for me... I'm coming for you...” he said. Then, he turned to leave.

--

He walked through the grassy ground of the cemetery. His eyes caught the familiar name on the grave. He paused as soon as he reached it, then he knelt down. He carefully placed the flowers on her grave, and close his eyes to offer his prayers. Then, he stood up, and smiled. “Thank you... thank you for everything...” he said. “I know that you're watching us from above. I hope you will continue to watch over us. No matter what happened in the past, you are still a part of us.” he said. “Today's the day... and you know, I'm quite nervous. I don't know if she would accept me or not. I want to take every chance with her.... I hope you could enlighten her and tell her to accept me. I hope you could help me make her realize that I truly love her... that I want to be with her with each day that I live. I love her so much...” he said.

He felt a cold wind gusting over him, making him shiver. As he felt that cold wind, he laughed. “I know, I know. I'm talking a lot again, am I? And I know what you are trying to say. I should go to her now, and not make her wait. I will. Thank you... thank you for everything....” he said. Then, he turned his back and began to walk away from Trixie's grave. With that gust of wind, he know that she have given him her blessings to start a new life with the girl he loves.

--

Chun and Jiro were at the gym that afternoon, making the preparation for Calvin's big day. As soon as they were finished, they looked around, satisfied with what they have done. “The place is just... so... so...” Chun said. Jiro looked at him, and gave him a smirk. “Romantic?” he asked. Chun smiled at him and nodded his head. “Never thought Calvin would still have this romantic bone left in his body. Imagine, having to do all of this for this girl. He must really love her. The way he -” Then Chun paused, and Jiro could see the smile on his face slowly disappear. He knows that Chun remembered the past again, and just like before, he would cry upon remembering it. “Hey, hey, don't tell me you're going to cry again.” Jiro said. Chun looked up at him, and laughed. “Sorry, I couldn't help it. Especially when I remember all the things that happened in the past before Calvin could finally have this happiness he have always wanted.” he said. Jiro smiled at him, and nodded in agreement. “It's about time for Calvin to be happy. He have waited for this moment for so long, and as his friends, we should always support him. Just like how he supported us back then.” Jiro said. Then, he heard Chun laugh. “Man, this is getting cheesy...” he said. With what he said, Jiro couldn't help but laugh at him as well.

Just then, Joy came inside the gym. “Are you guys done yet?' she asked in a panicked tone. The two nodded their heads. “Look, hunny... isn't this place a dream?” Jiro said as he put his arm around her. He looked at her, and saw the worried look in his girlfriend's face. “Their food is not ready yet. The musician they have hired canceled at the last minute...” she said worriedly. Jiro smiled at her, and pulled her closer to him. “Hunny, you're worrying a lot. If the musician canceled at the last minute, maybe Chun and I could be the substitute. As for the food, aren't you supposed to be working on it?” he asked. “But there's another thing that's making me worried.” she said. Chun and Jiro just looked at Joy as she began to speak again. “She's gone missing.” she said. Chun and Jiro looked at each other, then looked at Joy with a panicked look. “What?!” They both said in unison.

--

Now I can rest my worries
And always be sure
That I won't be alone anymore
If I'd only known you were there all the time...
All this time...

--

She walked towards her grave, and as she got nearer, she saw a bouquet of flowers carefully laid on her grave. She smiled to herself. She knew who have came here a while ago. “He never fails to remember...” she thought. She laid the flowers she have brought beside his flowers. For a while, she closed her eyes, and said a silent prayer for her. She was like that for a moment, and then she felt a soft breeze hugging her body. She opened her eyes, and then smiled. She could feel her presence, and she could tell she was happy to see her by her grave. “We miss you. Thank you for everything... thank you for the small gift that you have given us...” she whispered.

“I knew you'd be here...” she heard someone say. She looked back, and saw Danson walking up to her. “Everyone's panicking because you've gone missing. You have no plans of ditching Calvin today, right?” he asked. She laughed at him, and nodded her head. “I have no plans, Danson. I'm here to visit her again...” she said. Danson just smiled at her. “I know. Despite all the things that happened, you still considered her as a vital part of your love story with Calvin, right?” he said. She nodded her head. “She will always be a part of us...” she said. “As far as I can see, you're not the only one who paid her a visit. Calvin also did.” he said as he eyes on the bouquet of flowers. It was peach roses, and he knows exactly what it meant. Then, he looked at her again. “I think we should get going. Everyone's waiting for you.” he said. She smiled again and nodded her head. She took his hand and together, they left the cemetery.

--

She entered the gym, and found it filled with pink balloons. As she looked up, she saw soft feathers falling from the ceiling as if they were snows. She reached out her hand and let a feather fall on the palm of her hand. She stared at it, and then smiled at herself. She looked around the place, and found herself all alone. She smiled again, for she knows Calvin is preparing another surprise for her. Since they got together, he never failed to surprise her to make her happy. Each day she spent with him is filled with happiness. She never thought someone like him could give him the love she have always wanted. And he is all she ever wanted and needed in her life.

Calvin came out from the other side of the gym. He walked slowly and carefully, as he watched the girl he loves looked around the gym with amazement. He smiled to himself as he saw her lips curve into a smile. He took a step towards then, and with every step, he remembered the past. He remembered all the events that brought them together in this moment. Of all the wrong things he have done in the past, he must have done something good to deserve her love. Each time he looks at her, he thank God for giving her to him. He thank Him for hearing his prayers. He could still remember that heartbreaking day. He was not expecting anymore miracles, for he have asked too much. The mere fact that she woke up to hear what he have to say, and that she was able to tell him that she loves him, it was more than enough. But that day, God has given him another gift. It was her. She is his miracle. And he treasure her more than anything in his life.

The doctors have declared Kit dead. He have given up, finally accepting the fact that they will never be together. God have better plans for them, and he knows that Kit will be happy in His hand. A few minutes after being declared dead, a miracle happened. He could still remember the sound of machine starting to beep again. The flat line began to curve. He could still hear her first breath as she began to live again. Yes, Kit survived. It was a miracle no one ever thought would happen. Since that day, he promised himself he will never lose this girl. He will do his best to keep her by her side, and to make her happy. If he have failed to keep his promise before, this time, he is more than decided to keep it. He loves her too much, and there's nothing in this world he wouldn't do for her.

Kit saw him standing before her. She looked up at him, and smiled at him. “Hey...” she said. Calvin smiled back at her as he moved closer to her. “Hey...” he said. “One of your surprises, I assume.” she said. Calvin nodded his head. “Let me guess, the guys helped you out for this surprise, am I right?” she asked. “They are more than happy to help us, you know...” he said. “Don't we have the greatest friends?” she said. Calvin nodded his head again. She looked closely at him, and noticed that he's hiding something at his back. “What's that? Another surprise?” she asked. Calvin laughed a little, and then let her see his other surprise.

--

Until the day the ocean doesn't touch the sand...
Now and forever,
I will be your man...

--

“Katherine Jin...” Calvin said as he showed her the jar of paper cranes in his hand. “I love you. I love you with all that I have. I love, and there's nothing I wouldn't to do to make you smile...” he said. Kit was surprised to see the jar filled with paper cranes. She stared at it for a while, and then looked up at Calvin. “Calvin...” she whispered. “I... I made this paper cranes since the day you got into coma. I made one each day for you, to let you know that I love you... just like how you made a paper crane back then, to let me know that you love me...” he said. He took a deep breath, and then stared into her eyes again. He felt like being lost again into those big, black orbs. “My love for you is just like these paper cranes inside this jar. Everyday, they all add up. With each passing day, I'm loving you even more...” he said. Kit bit her lips, as he felt a tear fall from her eyes. She was very touched with what he have said. She looked up at him, and waited for him to speak again. “I want to give you this paper cranes, because I want you to know that I love you so much. I will love you until my very last breath. I will love you until I am no longer capable of making these paper cranes. For all of my life, it will always be you that's inside my heart. And I am giving this to you, and with this, I am giving you not only my heart, but my life... all of me... because all that I am now is because of your love.” he said.

Calvin handed Kit the jar, and as she took it, she heard some clinking sound inside. “What's that?” she asked. She open the lid of the jar, and on top of one of the paper cranes, she saw a solitary diamond ring. She was too surprised at what she saw, that she didn't notice Calvin coming up to him to take the ring inside the jar. She looked at him, and watched him as he bended on his knees. “Oh my God...” she said as she covered . She could not believe that this is happening to her. Tears began to cascade from her eyes as her eyes met his. And she could also clearly see the tears I his own eyes. “Kit... Katherine... I love you. You may get tired hearing that from me, but I will never ever get tired of saying it to you. I love you so much... all I want to do for the rest of my life is to wake up each morning with you beside me. I want to hold you tight each night as we sleep. I just dont want you to be in my dreams, I want be with you with my each waking hour. I want to be the first person you see in the morning, and the last person you'll see before you sleep at night. I want to be the person whom you'll grow old with, who'll take care of you when you are sick, who'll take away your fears whenever you're scared. I want to be your man, the only man in your life...” he said. He took her hand, and held it tight as he looked up at her again. “Katherine Jin, may I have the honor of spending the rest of my life with you? Will you marry me?” he asked.

Kit slowly nodded her head. “Yes, I want to spend the rest of my life with, Calvin. I'm willing to be your wife...” she said. Calvin was more than happy upon hearing her answer. He slipped the ring on her finger, and then stood up. Kit smiled as she stared at the ring on her finger. Then, he looked up at him. “Honestly, I wasn't too sure if you would say yes to me. So I asked for a divine intervention for our friend, Trixie...” he said. Kit laughed at what he said. “I know, wherever she is, she's happy for the two of us...” she said. Calvin smiled and nodded his head. “I... I can't believe this is happening. I've always dreamed you would pop the question to me, and now it's all too real. I felt like I'm in a dream, and I don't ever want to wake up from this dream...” she said. He stared at her lovingly as he cupped her cheeks. “This is not a dream, Kit. This is more than a dream... far more better than a dream... because each day that I'm with you is like a beautiful dream I wouldn't want to wake up from...” he said. “I love you, Calvin Chen...” she said. “I love you more, Katherine Jin-Chen...” he said. He leaned over her, and as she closed her eyes, their lips touched in a long and loving kiss..

--

The princess finally found her happy ending with her one true love, her prince charming, her knight in shining armour, her everything...

--

Now and forever...
I will be your man...

THE END