Getting Closer

99 Paper Cranes (Completed)
A/N: I know, I know, you're mad at me for making Chun gay in this story, but please do read to find out Chun's real character in this story :) by the way, thanks to dolce for the wonderful comment. Please do leave your violent reaction :) oh, and by the way, sorry for making such a lame chapter...

-------------

Calvin stopped his car in front of Joy's house. “Here we are...” he said to her. Joy turned to him and smiled sweetly. “Thank you for the ride, Calvin.” she said. “Sure, anytime. If you want, I can drive you home if Jiro's not available.” he said as she smiled at her. “I'll bear that in mind. I'll see you tomorrow then?” she said. Calvin just nodded his head. He watched Joy as she got out of his car. Before she entered their home, Joy turned to him and waved goodbye. “Yes!” he thought. One point for Calvin Chen. He wished he could have this kind of moment with Joy more often.

--

The next day, Kit and Danson were hiding at the corner near Calvin's locker. They were waiting for the paper crane girl to appear in front of his locker. An hour have passed already, and she was nowhere in sight. “Do you think she would come?” Danson asked as he looked at his watch. A few more minutes and the school bell will rang, and all of the students would come out of the classroom. “I knew she will!” Kit said. Five minutes before the bell rang, and still, no paper crane girl have appeared. “I don't think she's coming...” Danson said in dismay. “Maybe she'll come at another time...” Kit said. Both of them came out of hiding and walked towards Calvin's locker.. To their surprise, they saw a paper crane hanging on it. “Whoa! She is fast! How come we didn't notice her?” Danson said. Kit looked at the locker, and saw a small yellow paper peeping inside. Kit carefully pulled it, and read it's content.

School bell rang, and as expected, the students filled the hallway. Calvin saw Danson and Kit by his locker, and from what he sees, it seems that the paper crane girl have left him another small gift. “Have you found her?” he asked as he approached his friends. The two looked up at him and shook their head. Calvin could only sigh with dismay. “Well, at least she left this paper crane and note for you.” Kit said as she hands him his love note. Calvin took, and read what's written on the paper. “You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.” it read. Calvin smiled as he read his love note for that day. “So when did she left these?” he asked. The two just shrugged. “We were trying to catch her, but when we checked your locker, it's already there... I'm not sure if that girl left that before our vacant period” Danson said. “That girl sure knows how not to get caught...” Calvin said. He was sad that he was not able to found out who she is, but he knows there will be another day. At least, now, she's back. “I just wish she would continue these things...” he said in a low voice. Kit heard what he said, so he moved her face closer to his, staring him into his eyes. “In love with this mysterious girl?” she asked. Calvin just blushed at her question. Danson laughed at him. “Well, we got his answer. I think he is...” he said. He put his arm around him, and tapped his shoulder. “So, does that mean you're giving up on... you know...” Danson asked. Calvin looked at him and shook his head. Kit shook her head in disappointment. “I never thought you could be such a playboy, Cal...”
“It's not that. I mean.... I know I have no chance at Joy anymore since she's already Jiro's girl, but that won't stop me from liking her and befriending her, right?”
“But what about this mystery girl? I mean, you can't love two girls at the same time, well unless this paper crane girl really is Chun...” Danson said. Kit just laughed at what he said. “Oh my God, Cal's a biual?” she exclaimed. Calvin gave both of them dagger looks. “Hey! We're not sure about this girl's identity, OK. Stop teasing me about that... And besides, as I've said, I think Joy could be a good friend of mine. I can see she's happy with Jiro, so I guess I'll give this paper crane girl a chance... whoever she is...” he said. “So, whoever this girl is, you would accept her?” Kit asked. Calvin nodded his head. “Even if she's the ugliest girl on earth. All that matters to me is what's inside her heart...” he said. Kit smiled at his friend upon hearing his answer. At least Calvin got to be more mature when it comes to the matters of the heart. “Except of course if he is Chun. I am not gay, OK?” he continued. The two laughed at his defensive answer. “Fine, fine... we'll stop teasing you about that.” Danson said.

Just then, someone came up to Calvin and covered his eyes. “Guess who...” someone said. By the tone of the voice, he already guessed who it is. He took the hands off his eyes, his eyes widened upon seeing Chun behind him. Danson was laughing hard at his reaction. “And speaking of the devil...” he thought. “Oh, Callie... I missed you so much!” Chun said as he hugged him tight. “[Ugh, get away from me!” Calvin said. Calvin did his best to break free from Chun's embrace, but to no avail. Kit, who was irritated at that sight, came into Calvin's rescue and helped him get away from Chun. “Callie, why? Didn't you miss me?” Chun said to him. “Chun, stop it. This is getting gross...” Danson commented. Kit held Chun's arm and then turned to the two. “You two, run as far as you could. I'll talk to this gay guy here...” she said. Chun tried to let go from Kit's grip and follow Calvin and Danson, but he wasn't able to do so. “Calvin! Wait for me!” he shouted. When Danson and Calvin were already out of his sight, he turned to Kit. “We need to talk, Chun... and this time, you can't escape me...” she said.

--

Calvin found himself in front of the music room. Danson left him to check if Chun were able to follow them, so he kept on running. As he stopped in front of the room, he heard a sweet music coming from inside. Out of curiosity, he carefully opened the door, and peeked inside. He saw Hannah playing the piano. He watched her as her fingers swiftly move onto the piano's ivory keys. He saw how she enjoyed playing that tune, as if she was one with the music. Slowly, he opened the door, and sneaked inside, and continued to watch her. As the music ended, he clapped his hand to show how he appreciated her music.

Hannah was startled at that clap. She turned and saw Calvin standing by the door. “C-calvin?” she stuttered. Calvin smiled at her, and walked towards her. “Sorry to sneak up on you like that... I was trying to run away from someone, and so I am here...” he said. Hannah smiled back at him. “It's OK... I just thought no one usually comes here in the music room.” she said. Calvin sat beside her, and began to play a few notes. “Do you go here often?” he asked. Hannah nodded her head. “I usually come here to practice piano.” she said. “I heard from Kit that you're taking up music?” he asked again. “Yes. Piano is my major, so I often practice here in the music room.” she said. “That's really nice. I used to take up piano as a kid, but I didn't have the patience with it so I stopped taking up my piano lessons.”
“Well, as they say with the piano... first you have to know the rules then play with your heart.”

Then, she began to play another tune – it was Moon River. “I like that one...” he said. Hannah looked up to him. “You want to learn how to play this piece?” she asked. Calvin nodded his head. “I've been wanting to play this for so long, but I just couldn't get the notes right.” he said. Hannah just smiled at him. “Here, I'll teach you. Watch me...” then, she began to play the first few notes of Moon River. Calvin watched her hand, and as she stopped, he tried to play the notes on the piano. Then, Hannah looked at him and smiled. She then played the next few notes of the song, and then Calvin followed. Before they knew it, they were playing the song together.

--

Kit pulled Chun at the rooftop. “Stop pulling me, it hurts!” Chun shouted at Kit. Kit stopped walking. She let his hand go and faced him. Chun shook off his hand to ease the pain. “Awww... you really didn't have to do that, you know.” he said to her. “Didn't have to do that? Didn't have to do that?! You were harassing my best friend, Wu Ji Chun!” she shouted at him. Chun was shocked upon seeing her flaring up. “Why do you have to do this, Chun? Why does it have to be Calvin, huh? Can you stop with these pranks?” she shouted at him again. “This is not a prank, Kit..” he tried to explain. “Not a prank? d**n it, Chun! Stop acting like a gay, and don't tell me you are one, because I know very well, Chun..” she said. Kit took a deep breath, and then faced him again. “We both know you're doing that because of a stupid dare. So I'm saying, stop it, OK?” she said in a more calm tone. Chun sighed, and then shook his head. “OK, OK... you got it right. I'm doing this because of a stupid dare... you know that why I'm doing this, right?”
“Because that's the only way you could get in that stupid school org.”

Chun shook his head. “I'm doing this to get the attention of the girl I really like...” he said. With that, Kit looked up to him “Girl you like?” she asked, smiling to herself. Chun nodded his head. “Trixie...” he said. Kit felt heart broken into a million pieces. The smile on her face abruptly disappeared. She have a crush on Chun before, and she never thought that he would like Trixie. “A-and... and did it worked?” she asked. Chun shook his head. “Nah, all I got from her is a smirk. Guess it was a stupid move, huh?” he asked. Kit turned away from him, and walked away, which startled Chun. “Kit?” he called. Kit looked back at him and then walked towards him. “B-but... Trixie likes Calvin a lot... does it ever bother you?” she asked. Chun shook his head and smiled. “Nah. I'm just doing that to irritate Calvin. It worked somehow... At least I got my avenge on him for ignoring Trixie all this time...” he said. Kit then turned back and glared at him. “How can you be so stupid, Chun? It's obvious that Trixie would only have her eyes on Cal? And acting like a gay whose so in love with Calvin doesn't help either, OK?” she shouted at him. “Why do you care about me being stupid about the whole thing? I know you're annoyed with me and -”
“Because I like you, Wu Ji Chun! I liked you a lot!”

Chun was surprised at what she said. He was too surprised that he was unable to speak. “I liked you since high school, but you... you never even take a second look at me...” she said in a low voice. Then, she looked up at him. “If you're thinking you could annoy Calvin by that, then you won. But please, stop acting like a gay just because you want someone to notice you. Because... because...”
“It's breaking your heart?” he managed to say. Kit just nodded his head. He then pulled her close to him and hugged him. “I'm sorry, Kit... I'm sorry that I can't love you the way that you love me...”

--

“Trixie, girl... I found something that could make you really happy.” Rina, Trixie's friend said as she walked towards her. Trixie closed her locker, and then faced her friend. Rina leaned to her, and whispered something to her. While Rina was telling her everything, her lips formed into a smile. “Really?” she asked. Rina nodded her head. “Well then, I guess we can proceed with my plan after all...

--

Chun and kit were sitting at the rooftop. They were laughing at some joke that Chun told a few seconds ago. Kit looked up at him, and smiled. “Chun, thank you...” she said to him. Chun just smiled at her. “At least, we're good now, right?” he asked. Kit nodded her head. “And you don't have to worry about a thing. I'll definitely keep my promise.” he said. Just then, Danson came. He was surprised to see the two laughing together. “OK, can someone tell me what happened here?” he asked. The two stood up as Danson approached them. “It's OK, Danson. We already talked.” she said to him. “I won't bug Calvin anymore...” he said to Danson. Danson looked at him with disbelief, then he turned to Kit. “Seriously?” he asked her. Kit smiled and nodded her head. “Thats... well... that's great... what did you say to him?” he asked her, pointing at Chun. “Oh nothing, she just told me she was hurting whenever I act gay in front of Calvin.” he said in a boastful tone. Kit smirked at Chun and slapped him on the shoulder. Then, he glared at Danson who was laughing so hard. “Very funny, Wu Ji Chun...” she said. “Kidding... The truth is, I'm just annoying Calvin with the gay thing, and it worked...” he explained. Danson was surprised at what he heard. “Really? So you're not really gay?” he asked Chun. Chun just nodded his head. “Too bad, Calvin's already out of gay admirer...” Danson said as he shook his head.

“I think Cal's already looking for us, Kit.” Danson said to Kit. Then, he turned to Chun. “You wouldn't mind me taking Kit along, won't you?” he asked him. Chun shook his head. “Nah, I think the two of you should get going. Just say sorry to Calvin for me. I'll talk to him when I see him.” he said. The two nodded their head. “Don't worry, we'll back you up when you talk to him...” Kit said. Danson put his arm around Kit, and then they turned to leave. “Kit...” they heard Chun call. Kit paused, and looked back at him. He smiled at her. “Don't worry, you're secret is safe with me...” he said. Kit nodded their head, and they turned to leave. Danson looked over at Kit, confused about what Chun said. “What secret?” he thought, wondering what Chun meant by it.

--

“So, who are you running away from?” Hannah asked as she and Calvin walked through the lobby. “Chun, the gay admirer...” he said. Hannah just laughed at what he said. “What is there to run about? He's just letting you know how much he adores you...”
“But it's irritating though. I know he likes me, but with how he's acting lately, it's almost like I'm being harassed.”
“Actually, I think he's a brave guy for admitting he likes you, but if he is harassing you... well it's a different story.”

Just then, they saw Danson and Kit coming. “Hey, Cal!” Danson called. Calvin smiled at his two friends. “So what happened?” he asked Kit. “I talked to the guy. Don't worry, he'll stop annoying you.” she said to Calvin. Then, she looked at his side, and saw Hannah standing. “I see that you're with Hannah...” she said. “Actually, I hid inside the music room, and saw Hannah there...” he said. Kit just gave him a suspicious smile. “Oh...” she said as she nodded her head. Then, she looked at Hannah and winked at her. “Well, at least we got rid of one problem...” he said. He looked at Hannah and smiled at him. “Uhmm... I think I should go now. It was nice hanging out with you, Calvin...” she said. She said goodbye to Danson and Kit, then went on her way.

“She sure is a nice girl...” Kit said to Calvin. “She sure is. Its cool to hang out with her...” Calvin said. Danson looked at Calvin and smiled. “So, you want to hang out with her?” he asked. Calvin nodded his head. “She taught me how to play the piano. Plus, she seems to be a really smart girl. I won't mind being friends with her.” he said. Kit smiled at his friend. “Don't worry, she's in one of my classes. I'll tag her along one of these days.” she said.