Save The Best For Last

99 Paper Cranes (Completed)
Chapter 59 – Save The Best For Last

Sometimes the snow comes down in June,
Sometimes the sun goes 'round the moon
I see the passion in your eyes
Sometimes it's all a big surprise...

--

“Joy! Wait up!” Jiro called as he ran towards Joy outside the hospital. Joy smiled to herself, then she paused, and faced him. Jiro was able to reach Joy, and as he held her, he panted. “You... please... not...” he said in between pants. “What are you trying to say?” Joy said, giving him a confused look. Jiro composed himself. He took a deep breath, and then face Joy. “Please do not tell Hannah that Danson is gay.”
“Why shouldn't I tell her? She have the right to know!”
“Because it's a lie.”
“Lie? Weren't you guys flirting?”
“We were just playing around.”
“I don't think you guys are just playing around...”

Joy smirked at him as she folded her arms. “Why, Jiro? Are you tired having girlfriends, that you decided to 'experiment' with boys now?” she said to him. Jiro took a deep breath and glared at Joy. She sure knows how to tick him off. “I said we were just joking around, Joy. Why are you taking things seriously?” he said. “Because I've caught you twice flirting around with Danson.” she said. “He was just practicing his speech for tonight! Tonight, he is going to propose to Hannah. I was just helping him out!” Jiro said. Joy paused, and just looked blankly at him. “Really?” she asked. Jiro nodded his head. “It's a good thing that I stopped you, or you might've ruined everything for them. This is the perfect moment for the two of them, and I'm sure you want your friends to be happy, right? So cut it out. Nobody is gay.” he said. Jiro turned his back on her, and began to walk away from him. Joy looked at him, and folded her arms again. “I can believe that Danson is not gay, but how sure I am that you aren't?” she said. Jiro paused, and closed his eyes. His patience with his ex-girlfriend is starting to run out. He faced her again and gave her a glare. “I am not gay.” he said as he walked towards her. Joy just gave him a smirk. “Really? Then prove it.” she said. Jiro shook his head in anger. Joy is really provoking him, and she will finally get it. He moved closer to her, and put his hands over her shoulder. He stared at her for a long time, and then pulled her to him. Joy didn't expect the next thing that Jiro did - he kissed her on the lips for a long time. After a while, Jiro pushed Joy away from him, and then smirked at her. “That's enough proof, right? So, do you think I am a real man, or still gay?” he asked. Joy was still shocked with what Jiro did to her. Her jaw dropped as she looked at her. She tried to speak, but she was too shock that nothing came out of .

It was Jiro's turn to smirk at her. “See? I think, next time, you should try not to jump into conclusions so that you wouldn't get yourself in trouble.” he said. Then, he turned his back, and left Joy alone. Joy could only watch Jiro as he leaves. She sighed, and shook her head. “Why am I getting affected with his kiss? As if this is the first time he kissed me!” she thought. She sighed again, and then went on her way. She needs to rest, maybe if she did, it would take her mind off his kiss.

--

Jiro entered Kit's room, and found Calvin alone. “Hey...” he said in a low voice. Calvin looked up at him, and smiled at him. “Hey...” he said. He noticed the sad expression in Jiro's face. “Anything wrong?” Calvin asked. Jiro gave him a faint smile, and shook his head. “I'm OK...” he said. Then, Calvin stood up from his seat, and walked towards him. “I'll go and get something to eat for a while. Watch over Kit for me, all right?” he said. Jiro nodded his head, and then watched Calvin as he left the room. He took Calvin's seat, and then he stared into Kit's face. He sighed as he took Kit's hand. “I did something wrong today...” he said to her. “I know I shouldn't have kissed Joy, but she provoked me. She's insisting that I am gay, although I am not. I kissed her prove to her that I am a real man, but when I kissed her, I felt guilty. I shouldn't have done that to her...” He sighed again, and leaned towards her bed. “Do you think she would forgive me if I apologize to her? I know what I did is harsh, and must have hurt her in some ways... but you know, when I kissed her, I felt... satisfied. It's been a long time since I did that to her, and I felt happy. Not that I want to take advantage of her, OK? But you see...”

Jiro paused. He let go of her hand, and then looked away from Kit. “I know it's wrong. I still love her, Kit. I still do... It's just that I was hurt when she chose to be with Calvin than to wait for me. All I was asking was time to forget all about you, but she couldn't wait for me. Then, you came into my life. When I saw you again, I did love you... but I know there was this little piece of my heart that was loving her although we're together, and I felt guilty because of that. I guess all of us were feeling that way to the person we first loved... I was able to forget her for a while... but now that we're getting closer, I couldn't help but fall in love with her all over again. I don't know what to do... I love Joy, but I can't ask her to come back to me. She wanted to think our story's over, and I badly wanted to continue where we left off. Tin... I'm scared that one day, she will find another man that she will love. I wouldn't be able to accept that anymore. I want to be with her... but I don't think she would ever give me another chance.” He looked at Kit and then let out a weak laugh. “I think I'm getting crazy, talking to you and all. I know you can hear me... and I know that you will whack me in the head because of what I am saying. Tin... wake up soon... please... I need you... we all need you. We all need your advice. We need to hear what you've got to say with our situation. I miss you, Tin... please wake up...” he said. Jiro held her hand, then buried his head on her arm. The tears began to fall from his eyes, as he pleaded her to wake up.

What Jiro didn't know is that Calvin came back into the room, and heard everything that he said. He turned his gaze away from him, and leaned on the wall. “I'm right, he still loves Joy...” he thought. He sighed as he closed his eyes. “I know Hannah and Danson are doing OK now... Kit... I know you also want me to fix things between Joy and Jiro. I know you would ask me this favor if you're awake... For the sake of their happiness, I will do my best to get them back together. I just wish that after I do this good deed, God would hear my prayer and that you would wake up soon...” he said to himself. Then, he opened his eyes, and took a look at Jiro and Kit. He smiled to himself before leaving the room.

--

A few weeks later...

Joy went inside her favorite flower shop before going to the hospital. “Another bouquet of peach roses?” the lady boss asked her as soon as she saw her. Joy smiled at her and shook her head. “I'll look around for a while. I'll see if there are any other flowers that my friend would like.” she said. The lady boss smiled, and nodded her head at her, and let Joy look around the shop. At one corner, she saw a bunch of pink tulips arranged in a big vase. She walked towards those flowers. As she reached to take a stem of tulips, she heard the door of the shop open. “Good morning!” she heard a familiar voice say. Joy paused, and then swallowed hard. She did not looked back at that person, because she didn't want to see him yet.

“Oh, it's you!” Joy heard the lady boss said. “Boss, can I get a dozen of white lilies this time?” the man said. “OK. Please wait while I arrange it.” the lady boss said. “You're here too, I see...” the man said. Joy looked back, and saw Jiro walking towards him. After their kiss the day before, she decided to keep her distance from him. It's not that she got confused with her feelings after he kissed her, but because she's too vulnerable right now, that she knows that Jiro could easily read her, especially her true feelings. “Oh... you're here too?” she asked nervously. Jiro smiled and nodded her head. “I have to buy some flowers for my date today.” he said. Joy swallowed hard again after hearing what he said. “O-oh...” she said. Her voice was already cracking as she speaks. “Y-you have a date tonight, huh? T-that's... that's really great...” she said. She was trying her best not to break down in front of him. Of course, it did hurt her, to know that Jiro would be going out on a date with another girl. Not that he have no right to date other girls, Jiro have the right to be happy and be in love, but she was hoping that maybe Jiro would come back to her. But it was obvious to her now that Jiro have decided to move on wth his life. “It's one of the blind dates Chun set me up. I do hope the girl would like the white lilies...” he said. Joy gave him a weak smile, and nodded her head. “I... I think any... girl... would love to get flowers from... from a guy like you. I... I think she... she would like it.” she said.

Joy turned away from him, and Jiro looked closely at her. He saw that faint smile slowly disappearing from her pretty face. “Are you OK, Joy?” he asked. Joy looked at him again, and smiled at him. “I am. Really. I... I guess I was a little surprised that you finally decided to go out on a date?” she stuttered. Jiro gave her a confused look. “You don't want me to go out on a date?” he asked. “No!” she exclaimed. She sighed, and then shook her head. “No... I... I never thought that... that... you could easily move on like this...” she said in a more calm tone. Jiro let out a faint laugh, then he smiled at her. “After all the things that have happened among us, I think it's about time that all of us should move on. I decided to move on. I know it's the best for me...” he said. “So... so you're saying, it's about time for me to move on as well?” Joy asked. Jiro paused, and then stared at her for along time. The mere thought of Joy dating another guy make him unable to breathe. “Y-yeah...” he answered. “I mean, you're not tied down to anyone. You can go and enjoy your life as a single woman.” he said. Joy smiled and nodded her head. “I... I'll take your advice...” she said.

Just then, the lady boss came up to them, and handed Jiro the bouquet of white lilies. “I... I have to go...” Joy told him. Jiro smiled at her, and nodded her head. She rushed out of the shop, leaving Jiro watching her as she leaves. “If you love her, why didn't you chase after her?” he heard the lady boss said. Jiro gave her a surprised look. “W-what do you mean?” he asked. The lady gave him a warm smile. “Son, I've been doing this business all my life, and I could tell if two people who comes into this shop loves each other or not. You bought those white lilies, and I assumed it would be for that girl. Why are you telling her that it's for your date all of a sudden? Can't you see how hurt she is when you told her that?” she said. Jiro sighed as he lowered his head. He doesn't know how to explain to her about how he feels for her, and how things are complicated between them. “If you will tell me that same old cliché that it's complicated, I won't believe you.” the lady boss said. Jiro gave her another surprised look. “It's not complicated. You're only scared that she will reject you if you tell her how you feel. Don't you think it's about time that you take a risk with her? At least you let her know that you do love her...”
“I don't think she will give me another chance...”
“Either you're blind or numb. Can you see that she still loves you?”

Jiro looked up at the lady boss, and then saw her smile at him. “Don't lose this chance to be with her. One day, you might regret it, and she'll be out of your life. Tell her you love her.” she said. Jiro smiled at her, and nodded his head.

--

“Stop it!” Chun shouted at Calvin, as Calvin was strangling him. While Calvin was strangling him, Danson was trying to pull Calvin away from him. “You stupid guy! Why did you set Jiro up for a date!” he shouted at him. As soon as Danson successfully pulled Calvin away from Chun, he saw Chun was almost blue because of what Calvin did. He suppressed his laughter as he looked at him. “What? Jiro doesn't have the right to date now?” Chun snapped at him. “You are ruining my plans, Chun. I suggest that you tell that girl not to show up, or else...” Calvin said. Chun stood up from his seat, and gave him a viscious smile. “Maybe I do have plans as well. Too bad, I don't think we have the same idea...”
“Chun! Stop this nonsense! Cancel their dates, will you?”
“I won't. I want Jiro to be happy. If this is what makes him happy, then I'll support him.”
“You are making things more complicated!”

Chun just gave him another smile. “I think I'm just making things more exciting.” he said. Then, he turned to leave the room. Calvin took a step to follow him, but Danson stopped him again. “Calvin, let him be.” he said. “We all know Chun. He does stupid things, but sometimes those stupid things seems to be meaningful in the end. Trust him in this one, OK?” he said. Calvin looked at Danson, and sighed. “Fine... if that's what you say... but I Jiro and Joy...”
“Cal, do you think we should not meddle between them, unless they asked for it?”
“That's the thing. How can I not meddle when I both of them are still in love with each other, but are afraid to say it?”
Calvin folded his arms as he faced Danson. “Jiro still loves Joy, but he was afraid of being rejected. Joy still loves Jiro, but she was keeping silent about it. I don't know if it's because we just broke up, or because she's afraid to try again... but I think those two needs help to get back together.” he said. Danson patted his shoulder, and smiled at him. “You know, if Kit is awake right now...” he said. “I think she'll help Chun with his plans. I think you should go and support Chun, because I think he also wants to see our two friends happy.”

--

'Cause there was a time when all I did was wish
You tell me this was love
It's not the way I hope or how I planned
But somehow it's enough

--

That afternoon, Calvin went to the Jin's house to get some of Kit's clothes. As he sat on Kit's bed to gather her things, she noticed a folded paper lying at the back of the picture frame. “What's this?” he thought as he took the paper. He saw Jiro's name written on it. He began to unfold the paper, and saw that it was Kit's letter for Jiro, and she wrote it the day before she got shot. He carefully read it's contents, and as he finished it, he smiled to himself. He folded the paper again, and then put it inside his pocket. He took out his mobile phone, and dialed Danson's number. “Hey, Danson... I found something in Kit's room...” he said. Then, he smiled as he began to tell Danson the letter he found in.

--

“Thank you for tonight...” Jiro said after he stopped the engine of his car. Vivian, his date, turned to him, and smiled. “Thank you for the date, Jiro...” she said. Jiro smiled at him, and then nodded his head. “You know, Jiro... ever since I laid my eyes on you at the uni, I had a huge crush on you. I'm glad that you agreed to go out on a date with me...” she said. “Well, I guess it's part of my moving on process. I need to go out once in a while and mingle...” he said. Vivian laughed at what he said. “But tell me, do you really want to go out with other girls?” she asked. Jiro fell silent at her question, and just stared at her. “I mean, are you sure that you want to forget about Kit, or Joy?” Vivian asked again. Jiro sighed, and then looked away from her. “I've seen how happy you are when you are with Joy before. To tell you honestly, when you started going out with Kit, I observed that you weren't as happy like when you were dating Joy...”
“I am happy when I am with Kit...”

Vivian smiled at him, and shook her head. “If you are happy with Kit before, why am I hearing Joy's name all the time?” she asked again. “I know you love Joy very much, Jiro. I know you still do. Why don't you try and win her back?” she said. “What if I don't stand a chance?”
“The Jiro that I have liked for so long is a fighter, a risk-taker. If he wants something, hell go for it. Why are you being scared now?”
“A lot of things have happened between me and Joy. I don't think I could bring up the past...”
“You don't need to bring up the past. How about starting all over again, from the scratch? Learn from the past mistakes you did. Try and not to do it again when you start a relationship with her.”
“She just broke up with Calvin... and I don't think she's ready to jump into another relationship. Especially with me. I've hurt her before...”
“Are you scared that you will hurt her again?”
Jiro looked at Vivian, and slowly nodded her head. “You know what, I think you have learned from the past. I think now, you're being more careful with every decisions that you made. I don't think you would be able to hurt her again. I can see that you still love Joy. If you think that she's not ready to give you her heart again, then give her time. Take it one step at a time. Maybe one day, she will open up her heart to you.” Vivian said.

With what Vivian said, Jiro was enlightened. “She's right...” he thought. He have to let Joy know that he still love her, if he doesn't want to lose her again. Jiro gave Vivian another smile. “Thanks for the advice...” he said. “Aiyo, Jiro... what are friends for? And besides, I have to tell you off because our topic for the whole night is Joy and your past. I'm just giving you a little push, so better court her again.” she said. Jiro laughed as he nodded his head. “I think I will.” he said. After saying goodbye to Jiro, Vivian got out of his car, and watched as Jiro left. As soon as he is out of sight, Vivian took her phone, and dialed Chun's number. “Hello? Chun? It's me, Vivian...” she said. Then, she smiled to herself. “Your plan is a success. And you owe me a date this Saturday...”

--

Jiro entered Kit's room, and found Calvin sitting beside her bed. “You wanted to talk to me?” he asked as he walked towards him. Calvin looked up at him, and nodded his head. “We have to talk. About Kit...” he said. Jiro looked at Kit, and smiled to himself. “We already broke up. When she wakes up, the choice is hers if she wants to be with you. I know she would...” he said as he watched Kit. Then, he looked at Calvin again, and smiled. “I know she would be happy if she founds out that you have loved her for so long. And I'll be the happiest guy if she ends up with the man she really loves. You really don't have to do anything to win her heart, because you had her heart from the start.” Jiro said. “I don't want to think about me and Kit yet. I do have plans if she wakes up, but that won't be any sooner, I know. What I wanted to talk about is your promise to her...” Calvin said. He stood up from his seat, then took something from the table. He handed Kit's letter to Jiro.

Jiro took the letter, and stared at it for a long time. Then, he looked up at Calvin, confused at what it's all about. “I'm sorry if I read your letter. She wrote it a day before she got shot. Call it intuition, but I think she could sense this would happen to her, so she wrote you that letter. I think you should read it, then maybe you would be able to understand what I'm talking about.” Calvin said. Jiro unfolded the paper in his hand, and began to read it's contents.

Dear Jay,

I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry if I hurt you and broke your heart. I'm sorry that I can't love you because of Calvin. I'm sorry that I could not accept your love again, because I know I will hurt you even more if I take you back. If there's one thing I could do to make it up to you, I would gladly do so. Jay, you promised me before that you will do everything to make me happy. I know this is too much, but I want to ask this from you. I want you to be happy. I want you to follow what your heart truly feels. I know that when we got together, you were still not over Joy. I know that even though we're together, you're still loving her, and that you chose to give way for Calvin. Your happiness is right before your eyes, but you chose to hide your feelings because you're afraid to hurt your friend. In know you love her, and she loves you too. Jay, I want you to continue loving her. If you truly love her, you will do everything to win her back. I know Joy loves you as well, but then things didn't turn up the way it should – the two of you broke up because of me, she ended up with Calvin, while we got together. Don't be afraid to show what you truly feels towards her. Don't let her slip away and lose her for the second time around. Our love story have ended, and I'll be forever thankful that I was able to meet and be with the man who made me feel that I can be loved as well. It's about time that you continue your love story with Joy, and create that happy ending that she have always wished for. The two of you are meant for each other. Please woo her back... if not, you'll be breaking your promise to me of not making me sad. If the two of you got back together, then I would be very very happy. I love seeing the two of you together, seeing the love between the two of you blooming each day. Jay, no matter what happens, I will always be here for you, supporting you in each way I could. All I want is for all my friends to have the happiness they have always wanted. Despite all the things that happened between us, I still consider you and Joy as my closest friends, and all I wanted is for the two of you to be happy.

Tin

After reading the letter, Jiro looked up at Calvin, and saw him smiling at him. “You promised Kit. Do you think it's about time that you fulfill your promise to her?” he said. Jiro smiled at him, and nodded his head. “Kit gave her blessings to me... to us...” he said in a low voice as he turned his eyes on her. “All she ever wanted is for all of us to be happy...” Calvin said. “I was hesitating to court Joy again, but with Kit's letter, I found the courage to pursue her again. For Kit, I will do my best to win Joy's heart again. And this time, I will never ever let her go...” Jiro said. Calvin smiled at him and nodded his head. “Do your best, Jiro. No matter what happens, we'll be here to support you.” he said. Then, he put his hand on his shoulder. “And, I have thought up of a plan for you to be able to win her back.” he said. Then, Calvin winked at him.

--

Sometimes the very thing you're looking for
Is the one thing you can't see...

--

“Weird...” Joy thought as she entered Kit's room. She was holding a bouquet of flowers on her one hand, and a card that goes with it on the other hand. “For the most beautiful girl I have ever me, from your secret admirer.” it read. She looked up at Jiro, and saw him happily chatting with Danson. “Did Jiro sent these flowers?” she thought again. She saw Jiro looked up at him, and caught her staring at him. “Ooohh, flowers, huh? Is that for Kit?” Jiro asked. Joy shook her head. “It's for me.” she answered. “Secret admirer?” he asked. Joy nodded her head. Then, she gave him a suspicious look. “Wei, Jiro. Maybe you're the one who sent me this flowers?” she said. Jiro just laughed at what she said. “Why would I give you flowers, we're not even dating...” he said. Then, he turned to Danson and smiled. Joy felt her heart breaking at what he said. She was wishing that this secret admirer is Jiro, much to her disappointment. “Oh...” she said in a disappointed tone. “Why am I hoping that it's him? For sure, he enjoyed his date a few days ago with someone I don't know... guess all this time, Jiro have moved on...” she thought sadly. “And besides, if there's a person in this room that I would give flowers to, It's going to be Kit.” Jiro added. Joy looked up at him. “So, you still like Kit, huh?” she asked. Jiro simply smiled at her. “I promised her I would never let her go.” he said.

Joy looked sadly at the girl who was sleeping peacefully on her bed. “But... she and Calvin... why do still love her? Why can't you love me again?” she thought. “Whoever this secret admirer is, I think you should give this guy a chance. Maybe he's the one meant for you.” Jiro said. Joy looked at him again, and then took a deep breath. “Are you out of your mind?!” she shouted at him. Jiro was surprised at what she did. “Calvin and I just broke up! And you want me to date a total stranger?!” she shouted at him again. Jiro smiled and let out a nervous laugh. “You're still not over the break up, aren't you?” he asked. This time, Joy glared at him. “I am over the breakup! I am the one who broke it off with Calvin, remember?” she shouted at him again. “Then, why not give this guy a chance? Who knows, this time, it would work out between the two of you.” he asked again. Joy composed herself by sighing, and then gave him a smirk. “You're right. I think I should give this guy a chance. I will give him a chance, as long as it's not you!” she said. Then, she threw the flowers on the floor, and stormed out of the room.

Jiro took a deep breath as he watched Joy leave the room. He stood up from his seat, and then took the flowers on the floor. “I think you've gone overboard, Jiro...” Danson said. Jiro just shook his head. “I know, and I don't regret it.” Jiro said. Then, he stood up and smiled at him. “I may have gone overboard, but at least I learned that she will give me a chance.” he said. Then, he winked at Danson.

--

Joy went out of the room, and as she walked, she was stomping her feet. “Stupid Jiro! Why is he pushing me over to that guy? I guess he really don't love me anymore!” she muttered under her breath. She was too caught up with her thought, that she didn't realize that she bumped into someone. She looked up, and saw Chun in front of her. “Oh... I'm sorry... I didn't notice you...” she said. Chun just smiled at her. “It's OK, Joy. It seems that you are in your deep thoughts that you didn't notice me.” Chun said. Joy sighed, and then went on her way. As she walked away, Chun was observing her. “Anything wrong?” he asked. Joy paused, and then looked at him. “Jiro...” she said in a sad tone. Chun gave her a confused look. “What about Jiro?” he asked. “I think he's still in love with Kit. I mean, he's the one who's preaching about moving on and letting go, then in the end he still wants to end up with Kit.” she said. Chun got even more confused because of what she said. “Wait, wait. I didn't get it. Jiro wants to get back with Kit?” he asked. Joy slowly nodded her head. “It's obvious to me that he still loves Kit...” she said in a low voice.

Chun sighed and shook his head. He was very sure that Jiro still loves Joy, but what's the deal with him still liking Kit? “Are you really sure he said that?” Chun asked. “Well, he didn't... but when I showed him the flowers I got today from a so-called secret admirer, and asked him if he's the one who sent it to me, he said that the only person he would give those flowers to would be Kit... and worse... he said that maybe I should give this guy a chance to prove that I'm over Calvin.” she said. Chun smiled, and then folded his arms as he looked at her. “Joy, how well do you know Jiro?” he asked. Joy paused, and then she slowly lowered her head, not answering his question. “Do you think Jiro would say one thing and not do it?” he asked again. Joy just shrugged her shoulder. “Maybe Jiro says one thing, but he mean another. Maybe he is already over Kit. Didn't you realize that?” he asked again. This time, Joy looked up at him, and Chun could see the confusion in her eyes. “How about you, Joy... when you got those flowers, didn't you wish that it's really Jiro who gave you those flowers?” he asked. Joy nodded her head. “You're right... I was hoping those flowers came from him... that he would woo me again... that we could be together again. If it's not Jiro, then I wouldn't want anyone else in my life. I'd rather be alone for the rest of my life if I don't end up with him.” she said in a low voice.

Then, she looked up at Chun, and saw him smiling at her. “Do you think Jiro gave those flowers?” she asked. Chun just shrugged his shoulder. “I don't know. Maybe it did came from another guy. But one thing's for sure. Jiro is not in love with Kit anymore. He have long accepted that Calvin will always be in her heart. If he decided to move on, it's because he wanted to be happy. He also wanted you to be happy in the arms of someone who could give you the love you've always wanted.” he said. Joy turned away from him, and then looked down at the floor. “The only love I've wanted is Jiro's love... I don't want anything else...” she said. She heard Chun sigh, and felt his arm around her shoulder. “If you love him, do you think it's about time that you tell him how you feel before it's too late?” he said. Joy looked up at him again. “There are a lot of girls trying to win his heart. Maybe he'll give a chance to one of those girls. Before you knew it, he's already with another girl.” Chun said. Joy smiled and nodded her head.

--

It was her birthday the next day. Joy was about to get out of her house and go to the hospital, when she saw a delivery man standing by her door. “Ms. Joy Lin?” he asked. Joy gave him a confused look. “Yes, I am Joy Lin.” she said. Then, the delivery man gave her a box, and a bouquet of pink tulips. She was very surprised when she got those things. “Who... who sent these?” she asked. The delivery man just smiled at her. “You'll find out from the card on the flowers.” he said. After she signed the papers, she went back inside the pad, and then opened the box. Inside, she saw a blue, off-shoulder dress and a pair of black stiletto. “Why would anyone give me a new pair of shoes and a new dress?” she said. Then, she took the flowers, and took the card on it.

I would like to invite you for a dinner tonight
Your Secret Admirer

“Should I go?” she thought after reading the note. “i don't even know who this guy is. What if he's a ert or something?” she said to herself. She sighed, and then threw the card on the table. She wanted to come to the dinner, out of curiosity. But she's scared that something bad would happen to her if she does. “i think it would be much safer if I won't come to this dinner.” she thought. Anyway, she didn't want to end up calling any of the boys if she got herself in danger. Then, she smiled to herself. As she stood up to leave, her phone rang. She immediately answered it. “Hello?” she said.
“Did you receive the gift I sent to you?” she heard the man on the other line said. Joy paused, and the stared at the box lying on the couch. “I did. Are you my secret admirer?” she asked. “I will meet you at Le Coeur's later tonight.” the man on the other line said. “I'm sorry, but I'm not going. Besides, I don't know who you are.” she said. “You will know who I am later. I'll see you tonight at 8 PM.” Before she could answer back, the man ended the call. She put the phone down, and stared at it for a long time. “Wow... he's such a a bossy admirer...” she thought. Then, she looked at the box and the pink tulips on the couch. “No matter what you say or what you do, I will not go to that dinner tonight.”

--

Joy opened the door of Kit's room, and as she walked inside, she heard the four boys talking loudly. “Really? So you mean to say the two of you will go out again?” she heard Calvin said. As she walked closer to them, she saw Jiro smiling and nodding his head. “We hit it off on our first date. I guess it's OK if me and Vivian go out tonight again, right?” he said. The three nodded in agreement. At what Jiro said, Joy felt her hear breaking into a million pieces. She could not accept that Jiro have finally moved on, while she was still hoping for him to come back to her. What hurts the most is that she learned about it today, on her birthday.

“You... you're going out on a date again?” she asked him. The four looked up at her, surprised to see her around. “You heard?” Danson asked. Joy slowly nodded her head. Jiro smiled at her. Then, he stood up from his seat, and walked towards her. “You wouldn't mind if I go out on a date again tonight, right?” he asked. Joy looked up at him, and stared at him for a long time. She could see the happiness in his eyes, and sadly, it seems that his happiness does not include her anymore. “I... I don't mind, really...” she said. Calvin looked at Joy, then he suddenly remembered that today was her birthday. “Wait. It's your birthday tonight, right? I guess you also have plans...” Calvin said. Joy smiled weakly and nodded her head. “I... I have a date...” she said. Then, she looked up at Jiro. “With my secret admirer.” she continued. She was expecting Jiro to be jealous or be sad, but she was surprised when he smiled at her. “Then, that's great! I'm glad that you finally realized what I was telling you before.” he said. Then, he put his arms around her as he faced their friends. “Isn't it great? Joy will finally meet her secret admirer on her birthday?” he asked them. The three smiled and nodded their heads. “It's a very happy birthday for Joy.” Chun said.

Then, the three stood up from their seats. “Hey, you have a lot of things to do for your date tonight. You want Vivian to be your girlfriend before the night ends, right?” Calvin said. Jiro smiled at him, and nodded his head. “You... you're going to propose to... to that girl... tonight?” Joy asked. “Yes, I am. I really want to be with her.” he said. Joy turned away from him. She was trying to fight back the tears that was about to fall from her eyes. She couldn't let Jiro see her crying, and hurt like this. She wanted him to be happy, and if Jiro would see her cry, she knows she would only be holding him back, and would make him feel guilty. She also want her friends to think that everything is OK between her and Jiro, that's why she also doesn't want them to see her breakdown. “I... I see...” she said in a low voice. She turned to face him, and then forced a happy smile on her face. “Well, good luck. I hope you and Vivian would be together. J-just remember to introduce her to us when she becomes your girlfriend.” she said. Jiro smiled and nodded her head. While Joy and Jiro was talking, Chun couldn't help but laugh. He was trying his best to stop himself from laughing, but Calvin noticed him, and nudged him. If only Joy knew what's in store for her tonight, then she wouldn't be this sad. “Ssshhh...” Calvin told him as he gave him the quiet sign. Chun just smiled at him, and nodded his head.

They said goodbye to Joy, and left her in the room alone. As soon as she all by herself, the tears could help but fall from her eyes. She sat beside Kit's bed, and then buried her head on her arms as she cried. She cried for a long time, and then she looked up at Kit. “Why does everything have to end this way, Kit? Why do I have to feel hurt again because of Jiro? Kit... I love him. I love him so much, and his moving on just breaks my heart. I can't bear seeing him with another girl... because I know every time that I will look at them, I will only wish that I was the one he's holding in his arms.. just like when you and Jiro were still together...” she said. Then, she took Kit's hand and held it. “I only wanted to be with Jiro. I only wanted his love. I don't think I could give anyone a space in my heart because of him. I lied to him, telling him that I'll be going out tonight with my secret admirer. The truth is... I don't have any plans to meet that guy... but I told him that because... because I got jealous... I know it's wrong for me to lie again. I don't want him to see this sadness that I'm feeling right now.” Joy let out a faint laugh as she wiped the tears in her eyes. “I'm sorry if I'm being too emotional right now. You can't blame me right? How I wish you are awake now so that I could hear you telling me that everything's going to be OK. For now, I'll be contented that you're listening to me while I cry my heart out....” she said.

What she didn't know was while she was talking to Kit, someone was listening to them. It was Calvin. As he peeked at her, he smiled to himself. “After tonight...” he thought. “Joy and Jiro will have their own happy ending as well...”

--

But now we're standing face to face
Isn't this world a crazy place?
Just when I thought our chance have passed
You'd go and save the best for last...

--

Later that night, Joy went to the restaurant where she is supposed to meet her secret admirer. As she entered the restaurant, she found it empty. She was wondering if the restaurant is already closed, or if her secret admirer rented the whole place so that they could be alone. “Good evening, you must be Ms. Joy Lin?” a waiter said as he came up to her. Joy nodded her head. The waiter smiled, and lead her on her way. “This way, please.” the waiter said. At the farther side, she saw a man sitting, and reading the menu. “Sir, Ms. Lin have arrived.” the waiter said. She saw the man stood up from his seat, and turn to face her. Joy was surprised to find out who it was – it is Jiro. “Y-you?!” she exclaimed. Jiro seemes amused at her reaction. He gave her his iest smile as he nodded his nodded. “It's me.” he said. Joy got confused with what's happening. She knows that Jiro is supposed to have a date tonight with Vivian, but here he is, standing before her. She felt mixed emotions building up inside her. She was happy that she could spend her birthday with the man she loves. She's confused because she didn't know what Jiro is doing here, and she was also thinking that this might be some kind of a joke. She looked up at him, and shook her head. “How... how come it's you?” she asked him. “That's why it's called a surprise...” Jiro answered. Joy sighed, not knowing what to do next. She turned her back on him, and then she ran as fast as she could outside the restaurant.

“Joy!” Jiro shouted as he ran after her. Outside, it was starting to rain. Joy didn't mind the rain falling down on her. She was confused now more than ever, and the only thing she could do to clear her mind is to run away from Jiro. “Joy! Stop! Please...” she heard him shout at her. Joy paused, and then she looked back at him. “Why does it have to be you? I thought you said you have moved on? Are playing some tricks on me again? You want me to fall for you again?” Joy shouted at him. Jiro stared at her as he walked closer to her. “Jiro... don't do anything to make me fall in love with you. Don't do something that will make me hope for nothing. I've had enough heartache, and it's the last thing I needed tonight...” she said as the tears started to fall from her eyes. Jiro didn't speak. All he gave her is a a warm smile, much to her irritation. “What? You're not going to say anything? Are you jut going to smile at me the whole night?” she asked him. Then, before she knew it, Jiro was standing too close to her. He was too close, that she could almost hear his heart beating. She looked up at him, and saw him staring into her eyes. He held her on her shoulder, and then, he leaned down to kiss her on the lips passionately. After their kiss, Joy slowly opened her eyes, and stared at her face. “W-what's that for?” she asked in a low voice. “Joy... words could not express how I truly feel for you. I love you, Joy. That's the plain truth...” he said. “B-but... Vivian? Aren't you dating her? And Kit? You... you said you promised her you will not leave her?” she asked again. “i did date Vivian, but she made me realize that there's nothing in this world that could make me happy that you. As for Kit, she will always be special to me. I promised her that I will never leave her. I will stay by her side as her friend. And most of all, I promised her that I will always make her happy. She asked me that the only thing that could make her happy is if I become true to my heart. I'm just following her wish. Before the accident, she told me that I should open my eyes, so that I could see that person who have been loving me all this time. I know that she's talking about you. She wants me to be with you. She wanted us to get back together.” he said.

He smiled at her, and then he cupped her cheek with his palm. As he looked into her eyes, his eyes was filled with tears. “I love you, Joy. My love for you is beyond anything in this world. I want to start a new story with you. I want to have this happy ending with you. Joy, will you give me another chance to love you again? If you aren't ready yet, if you think your heart needs more time to heal, I'm willing to wait for you. I assure you that my love will always be with you...” he said. Joy looked into his eyes, and smiled. Tears began to flood her eyes as she looked at him. She could not believe that everything she wished for, came true tonight on her birthday. “I've waited a long time for this, Jiro. I've waited for the day that you will come back to me. I only want to be with you, Jiro. You mean everything to me. Yes... I love you. And I want to take this chance with you again.” she said. Jiro smiled at her, then he leaned down to her. They stood under the rain, and they were drenched, but somehow, they didn't felt the coldness of the night. As Jiro held Joy tight in his arms, he closed his eyes, and their lips met for another long, passionate kiss.

--

Calvin looked outside the window, and watched the rain as it falls down. Then, he looked back at Kit. He smiled to himself, and then he walked towards her. He sat beside her, held her hand, and gave her a kiss on her forehead. “By now, maybe Joy and Jiro are finally together. I've done another good deed...” he said. He brushed her hair away from her face, and stared into her. “i was wondering when we could have our own happy ending as well... I know that will only happen if you wake up... I will still wait for that day, Kit. I promise you, I will be the first person you'll see when you wake up. We have a lot of catching up to do. I have a lot of things to tell you. I know you do as well. Kit... can you hear me? If you can hear me right now... please... please wake up. I love you... I want you to hear those words. I want you to tell me that you love me as well. Please, Kit... please...” he said. He rested his head on her shoulder, and then closed his eyes.

--

Joy sat by Kit's bed, and then smiled at her. “Kit... I don't know how you do it. I don't know how you were able to bear all the pain just to make us all happy. But all I know is that you are an angel to all of us your friends. I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for hurting you before, for taking Calvin from you.” she said. Then, she leaned towards her, and brushed her hair. “Kit... please wake up soon. Calvin have been waiting a long time for you. He loves you so much, and it's hurting us all seeing him like this. I know he is just trying to be strong in front of us, but inside he is scared to lose you. Please, wake up. We all miss you...” she said.

As Calvin entered the room, he was able to hear everything that Joy told Kit. He smiled as he walked towards the two girls. “I know Kit have forgiven you a long time ago.” he said. Joy looked at him and smiled. “She's really special. She knows that she have to do the right thing, the things that would make the people around her happy, even though it's hurting her. Crazy, right? But I love everything about her.” he said as he stared at Kit. Joy smiled at him. Then, she stood up, and gave Calvin a hug. “Thank you, Calvin. Thank you, for everything...” she said. Calvin let go of Joy, and gave her a confused look. “What for?” he asked. “I know it was through you that Jiro decided to woo me back.” she said. Calvin smiled and shook his head. “I seek Kit's help. I can't stand seeing the two of you acting like you don't love each other, even though your feelings are obvious. I don't want you guys to make the same mistakes that I did. Kit helped me in her own way, when I found her letter for Jiro. I let Jiro read that letter. She was telling him that he should be with you, because she loves seeing the two of you together.” he said. Joy smiled at him, then she reached up to him, and gave him a kiss on the cheek. She looked at Kit, and smiled. “I'm sorry if I kissed your boyfriend, Kit. Don't worry, it's just a friendly kiss.” she said. Calvin looked at Joy, and laughed at her. “You know what, it feels good...” he said. Joy shot him a confused look. “What? My kiss?” she asked. Calvin laughed again as he shook his head. “It feels good to hear you say that I'm Kit's boyfriend... but I'm not yet her boyfriend.” he said. Then, the smile on his face slowly disappeared. “I'm still her best friend, waiting for her to wake up, waiting for that chance to tell her that I love her. I'm still the best friend who's loving her all this time...” he said. Joy patted his shoulder to comfort him. “Soon, Calvin.... just wait and soon, you'll be happy. All these hardships will come to an end. Have faith, and continue to love her.” she said. Calvin smiled at her and nodded his head. “I will. I know one day, we will be happy, just like you and Jiro. I will continue to wait until that day she wakes up.”

--

“I love you, do you hear me? I love you... I've long to tell you that. I can hear you... do you hear me? I love you with all my heart. I love you with every bit of me. I love you with all that I have. Hear me... hear me please... I want to be with you... I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You're the most important thing in my life, and I can't bear to lose you....”

A silent tear fell from her eyes. She tried to move, or open her eyes, but the pain she is feeling is unbearable. She felt that those littlest tasks seems so heavy, that she couldn't do anything to move any part of her body. She could feel his warm touch. She wanted so much to reach him, but her body wouldn't let her move. “Calvin... I'm doing my best for us. I'm trying my best to wake up, to survive, but with each day, I feel myself getting weaker and weaker. I want to live for you... so that I could make you feel how much I love you... you're the reason why I'm trying my best to stay alive. Calvin... hear me out. Calvin... please...” She took her last breath, and the last thing she heard, was the loud beeping of the machine...

----

A/N
this is the second to the last chapter for this fan fic :) please leave comments or violent reaction...