Heart's Song

99 Paper Cranes (Completed)
A/N: There is something about this chapter that will hint about my little surprise ;)

--

Hannah stood beside Kit's bed, her eyes already swollen from crying. A while ago, Kit had another convulsion, and they all thought that it was the end for her. Good thing the doctors arrived in time, and her condition has been stabilized. “Hannah...” Danson said as he stood beside her. “She's going to be OK, now...” he said. “Kit always had these attacks, and the doctors were able to save her, but it still worried me... because she... she might...” Calvin said, then he turned away from him. He closed his eyes, not wanting his friends to see him cry. He doesn't want them to see that he is being weak at the moment, as he was trying to be strong for Kit. Joy put his hand on Calvin's shoulder, and consoled him. “She's going to be OK, Cal... she will be... don't worry... she's a strong girl and she will wake up soon...” Joy said. Calvin looked up at Hannah, and saw her crying. At that moment, he wanted to break down as well, but he couldn't in front of his friends. “She's not going to leave us soon, right? She's not going to leave us...” Hannah said as she looked up at Danson. Danson just nodded her head. Then, Hannah hugged him, and rested her head on his shoulder. Danson was surprised at what he did. The rest saw Danson with that surprised look on his face, his eyes widened, his mouth opened in gape. As Hannah hugged him, he stood frozen in his place.

Danson swallowed hard as he looked at Hannah. He felt his heart beating faster with her touch, and he felt cold sweat beds running down his forehead. Chun pursed his lips hard, trying his best not to laugh hard at his friend. “Excuse me... I need to go out...” he said. “I... I'll go with you, Chun.” Calvin said. Joy and Jiro looked at each other, wondering what's going on with the two. They looked at Danson again, and Joy couldn't help but smile at the way he looked. “Man, as if this is the first time Hannah hugged you...” Jiro thought as he shook his head. They all watched Chun and Calvin as they got out of the room. As soon as the door behind them closed, Chun looked at Calvin. They stared at each other for a while, then looked back at the door. Then, they eyed other again. “You came out of that room... because...” Chun asked. All Calvin could answer him was a playful smile. Chun smiled at him, then the two began to laugh hysterically. “Did... did you see the look on his face?” Calvin asked in between laugh. Chun put his hand on his tummy, and nodded his head as he laughed. “You bet I did!” Chun said.

Chun stopped laughing, and just looked at Calvin. He smiled at him as he watched him laugh. “What?” Calvin asked as soon as he stopped laughing. “It's the first time in weeks that I've seen you laugh like this. I'm glad to see you happy this way.” he said. Calvin sighed, and smiled at him. “You're right...” he said. “Somehow it did felt good...” Chun just nodded his head. “I think Kit would be happy seeing you happy this way. She's always after your happiness. I think you should do this more often...” Chun said. Calvin smiled and nodded his head. “I think I should...” he said. Then, the two began to laugh again.

--

Danson glared at the three guys in front of him. Since that morning, his friends did nothing but about how he froze when Hannah hugged him. “Stop it already!” he said in an annoyed tone. In an instant, the three stopped laughing. “It's not funny, OK?” he shouted again. “Aiyo, Danson... loosen up, will you?” Jiro said. Chun nodded in agreement. Calvin looked at Jiro, and nudged him. “Did you see how he looked like a while ago?” he said. Jiro smiled and nodded his head, then the two began to laugh again. Danson clenched his fist as he watched the two laugh. Then, he stood up from his seat. “Cut it out, will you?!” he shouted at the two. Calvin and Jiro stopped laughing, and then turned away from him. “Wei, Danson... aren't you glad because of your little incident a while ago, lover boy here is now smiling, just the way he used to?” Chun said as he eyed on Calvin. Danson looked at Calvin and saw him smiling. Chun is right, since that day that Kit got shot, Calvin has always been serious. He have always been filled with worry, because he was scared that Kit would be gone. Many times, he have seen Calvin cry , especially when Kit have her attacks. What happened a while ago, when Hannah hugged her, somehow lightened up his mood. “Fine... I'll let this pass...” Danson said. Then three looked at each other, and smiled.

“So, Dannie boy...” Chun said as he walked up to him. He put his arm around him, and smirked at him. “What's your plan, now that Hannah is here?” he asked. Danson gave him a confused look. “Plans?” he asked. Chun nodded his head. “Let me refresh your memory... 'I can always go to Vienna, can't I?' Does that sound familiar now?” he asked. Danson looked away from him and sighed. “So I have to confess my feelings for her now?” he asked. The three nodded theirs heads. “Danson, this is a good opportunity for you to tell Hannah that you love her. She only got a two more weeks left before she goes back to Vienna. You have to tell her!” Jiro said. Calvin nodded his head in agreement. “If you held back, you will make the same as I did. I wanted to tell Kit exactly how I feel, but I was too late.” Calvin said. “That's the thing... I have no idea how I will tell her...” Danson confessed. He sat on Kit's bed, and then stared at her. “Before, when I was still in love with Kit, I was too scared to tell her how I feel. Each time I try to tell her that I love her, she would change the topic. When I confessed my feelings for her, I already found out that she is in love with Calvin, so she turned me down...” Then, Danson looked at his friends. “I don't know how I'm going to tell Hannah that I have fallen in love with her....” he continued. Calvin smiled at him. He walked towards him and patted his back. “It's simple, Danson. Just be yourself. If you will tell her, just think of it that you are talking to yourself.” Calvin said. “I need to practice confessing my confession first. Just like what Hannah and I did before...”

The three were surprised at what Danson said. “You practiced your love confession with Hannah before?” they asked in unison. Danson smiled and nodded his head. “We have this deal that before the new semester start, I will tell Kit that I like her, and she will tell Calvin her feelings for her. So, one night, we went to the soccer field to practice.” he said. He smiled to himself as he remembered what happened that night. “That night, when I heard her confession for Calvin, I was so moved that I thought she was confessing her feelings for me. I got carried away that I almost told her that I love her. Another thing is, when I drove her home after buying a dress for her recital, we were teasing around that I almost kissed her.” Danson said. The three could see how giddy Danson gets as he remembered those moments he had with Hannah. “I think he is in love with Hannah before but he didn't want to admit it.” Jiro told Calvin. Calvin nodded his head. “OK, so you got carried away when Hannah was practicing her love confession, and then you almost kissed her... what else happened?” Jiro asked. Danson smiled shyly, and they saw him blush. “Remember the night we got drunk at the beach house?” he asked. The three nodded her head. “She was drunk so I helped her to her bed. But, she didn't want me to go, so I stayed beside her all night. Then, we...” Danson looked up at his friends. They looked at him, anticipating what he was about to say. “You guys what?” Chun asked. “We... kissed...” he said shyly. Calvin's eyes widened at what he said. Chun and Jiro gave each other a high five. “Tell me, Danson. Is Hannah a better kisser than that Snowy girl?” Chun asked. Danson gave him a death glare. “I am not a kiss-and-tell guy!” he said. He turned away from him, and then smiled to himself, which somehow answered Danson's question. “Wei, if Kit is awake is hearing all of this, she would whack you in the head for taking advantage of her friend. And since Kit is not awake...” Calvin said. Then, he whacked Danson in his forehead. Danson flinched in pain because of what he did. “Wei! I am not taking advantage of her. And besides... she was the one who kissed me!” he said defensively. “Yeah, right...” Chun said as he rolled his eyes.

“OK, how about this...” Jiro said as he stood up from his seat. “We'll help you with your confession for Hannah. Let's practice now.” he said. Danson gave him a startled look. “As in now? You would act as Hannah?” he asked. Jiro nodded his head. “Just imagine I am Hannah. Just don't get carried away, and kiss me, OK? I am straight, unlike the guy over here.” he said, pointing at Chun. Chun was surprised at what Jiro said, then he gave him a glare. “Wei! How many times will I tell you that I am straight now?” he said. Jiro looked at him, and gave him a smirk. “Oh, so does that mean, you were gay before?” he asked. Chun sighed at him, and then rolled his eyes. “Wei... it's too bad that you're not gay anymore, Chun. I was willing not to be straight for you...” Calvin said, giving him a seductive smile. Chun smiled at Calvin, and winked at him.

What they didn't know is that Joy and Hannah came inside the room, and heard what Calvin said. “Err... excuse us...” Joy said as she took her bag from the table. Calvin laughed secretly, because of the confused expression on the girls' face. “Sorry to interrupt your flirting.” Hannah said. She took Joy's hand, and then pulled her out of the door. The four boys laughed at the two girls. “And they fell for that!” Chun said. “I think the coast is clear, Danson. We can practice now.” Jiro said. Danson nodded his head, and stood up from the bed. He walked up to Jiro, and then he held his hands. He looked into his eyes. “I love you...” Danson said. Upon saying that, Joy and Hannah came back inside the room, and saw the two boys holding hands. “Ehem...” Hannah said, interrupting the two. Danson and Jiro looked at them with surprised look. “Uh... sorry for the interruption again, but we forgot something again.” Joy said. She was trying to supress her laughter. She walked towards the table, and took a small piece of paper. Danson looked at Hannah, and saw the anger registered in her face. He looked at Jiro, confused with what's going on. As he looked down, he saw him holding Jiro's hands. He immediately let go of his hand upon realizing what happened.

Hannah glared at Danson as she folded her arms. “What? Just because I was gone for a long time and got rejected by Kit, then he turned gay?!” she thought. At that moment, she wants to punch Danson in his face for breaking her heart. “You know what, guys...” Joy began. “I never thought all of us in this room are girls. You could've told us right from the start... we got fooled by your manly image. Honestly, we girls would understand.” she said. She winked at the four before they headed out of the door. The four got confused with what they were saying, then it finally dawned to them that the two girls thought that they are all gay. “Wei!” Calvin said, glaring at Chun. “Stop flirting with me, will you!” Chun rolled his eyes at him again. “As if I started it! You said you were willing to be gay if I'm still gay!” Chun said. Danson sat on the chair, and the three could see the worried look on his face. “What am I going to do now? Hannah now thinks that I am gay!” he said. At what Danson said, the girl who was sleeping peacefully on the hospital bed, let out a faint smile on her face.

--

“I can't believe he is gay! And I can't believe that he loves your ex-boyfriend!” Hannah said to Joy as soon as they got out of the room. Joy was laughing so hard because of what they saw. “Who would've thought... those four... they are... ha ha ha!” she said in between laughs. “Not funny, Joy!” Hannah said. She folded her arms, then stomped as she walked. “I came back here in Taipei to hear Danson tell me that he loves me, but it turns out that he is in love with Jiro! I don't think he even fits that person that he likes... but... he liked Jiro all this time?! Is he making a fool of us all this time?! Is he gay all this time?!” Hannah said. Joy paused, and then she gave her a confused look. “Wait, wait... Danson likes another person?” she asked. Hannah nodded her head. “He told me that the person he likes is have a long hair, almond eyes, doesn't play the piano, tall and confident. I think it's Jiro except for the long hair part.” she said. Joy began to contemplate on what she said. She was silent for a while, thinking of Hannah's description of the person Danson liked. “Wait...” Joy said. “I think he just said the opposite of your description.” she said. Hannah's eyes widened at what she said. “He did?!” Joy nodded her head. “So, I think the person that he likes have a short hair, can play the piano, have this big brown eyes, petite, and shy. Exactly like you...” Joy said. Hannah sighed and shrugged her shoulder. “I heard him tell me that he loves me over the phone... so, you think that he loves me all this time?” she asked. Joy smiled and nodded her head. “If Kit is with us, she would confirm that. He loves you a lot, Hannah. He does... so I don't think he likes Jiro...” she said. Then, Hannah smiled to herself. “Really?” she asked again. “Yes...” Joy answered. “Because if he had a thing for Jiro, I will kill him right at this instant.”

--

“Ask her out for dinner.” Calvin said to Danson. “Then, maybe after dinner, you two could talk things through. Just take it as two friends talking casually about their lives... that's all...” he continued. “So, I will tell her 'Hey, I realized I am I love with you. How about if we get together?' Like that?” Danson asked. Calvin shook his head. “Nah, I mean... take it slowly. During dinner, you two could talk about your lives. Then, the confession comes right after dinner.” Calvin explained. Danson nodded, and jotted down what Calvin said. “A gift would be perfect as well.” Jiro said. “Maybe you could buy her something that she really likes. Something that would represent your love for her...” Jiro said. Danson looked up at him, and gave him a curious look. “Like a paper crane?” Danson asked. “Wei! Be original! Don't steal Kit's idea.” Calvin said. Danson laughed at Calvin's reaction. “OK, so dinner, and gift. This is easy...” Danson said. Calvin and Jiro nodded their head. “Don't forget to write down your speech, OK?” Chun reminded him. Danson nodded his head. “I guess this would be all. I'll make the reservations now, and then I need to find a perfect gift for Hannah. I do hope everything will turn out OK.” Danson said. “It will be, don't worry.” Chun said. “OK...” Danson said as he stood up from his seat. “I think I'm off to find the perfect place to have this date with Hannah, and also to buy the gift. Will you come with me, Chun?” he asked. Chun nodded his head, and then stood up from his seat. “I'll go with you.” he said.

A few minutes after Danson and Chun left, Joy and Hannah came. “Hey guys!” Joy greeted as they entered the room. Hannah put down their shopping bags on the floor, and then went up to Kit. She sat beside her, and then brushed her hair as she watched her sleep. “How is she?” she asked Calvin. Calvin stood up from his seat, and then walked towards the other side of Kit's bed. “She's OK. No attacks for today. She was given her medication before you came in.” Calvin said. Hannah looked up at Calvin and smiled at him. Then, she turned her eyes at the girl who was lying and sleeping peacefully on her bed. “Do you think she will wake up soon?” she asked him. Calvin sighed, and then he shrugged his shoulder. “I've been waiting for her to wake up too, Hannah. All of us do...” he said. Hannah just sighed as she continued to watch Kit. “I think what Hannah is trying to say is that, she hopes to see Kit wake up before she leaves for Vienna...” Joy said as she walked up to them. Calvin looked up at Joy, then he looked at Hannah. He could clearly see the sadness I her face as she watched Kit. “I'm sorry, Hannah...” he said in a low voice. “I don't know until when Kit would be in a coma. All I know is that I fear what would happen if she wakes up. I don't fear if she would lose her memories, or if she wouldn't be able to move for the rest of her life. What I fear most is that when she wakes up, it will be her last... and that all of us will lose her forever... If that happens, I know I'll go crazy...” he continued. He smiled sadly as he sat beside Kit. He took her hand, and gently caressed it. “You don't know how it feels whenever she have these attacks. It felt like part of me is getting weaker. My heart is breaking when I see her struggling, and I pray fervently to God not to take her away from me, to give me more time to be with her. When the doctor told us before that we lost her, I could not accept it. It dawned to me that she's dead the moment I went inside the operating room, and saw her lying lifeless on the operating bed. I asked her to come back for me, and she listened. After a while, she was alive again, and the doctors were able to save her.” Calvin said.

“I remember that day...” Jiro said as he walked towards them. “Calvin really could not accept that Kit's gone, that he was lashing out on us. We even hit each other, right?” he told Calvin. Calvin nodded his head. “I was blaming myself for all the things that happened. If only I listened to my heart, and had the courage to break off that promise, maybe I wouldn't have this regret. I was holding back my feelings for Kit because I thought she would leave me if she found out that I love her. But I was wrong... all this time, she was in love with me as well. Honestly, I was happy when I found out she was my paper crane girl, but what hurts me the most is she chose our friendship over her love for me...” Calvin said. Then, he looked up at Jiro. “And it's because she chose you, Jiro. She chose not to break your heart...” he said to him. Hannah sighed, and shook her head. “You're wrong, Calvin...” Hannah said. “Although she chose me, she did that because you've given her more than enough heartaches that she gave up on you. She found Jay, and she promised to love him, but she couldn't keep her promise because while she is with Jiro, she is still loving you. In the end, she chose to give all of her love to Jiro and eventually accept the fact that the two of you can only be best friends, and nothing more.” Hannah said. “And I failed her...” Jiro said in a low voice. “If I knew that time that she is hurting because of Calvin because he ended their friendship, I should've been there for her... Instead, I intentionally hurt her when I found out that she is in love with her best friend...” Jiro said. “It was also my fault. She took Jiro from me, and I thought she have intentions of taking Calvin from me, so I told Jiro about her being the paper crane girl... and I talked Celestine into seducing Jiro. In the end, I hurt her so badly...” Joy said.

Hannah smiled at her friends. She know all of them regrets all the wrong things they have done to Kit. “I was at fault too... I wasn't there for Kit when she needed a friend.” she said. Calvin let out a faint laugh. “You know guys, if there's some lessons that we have to learn from what happened, it's that we should never hold back our feelings. If you love someone, say it out loud. If they reject you, at least you wouldn't have any regret that you wasn't able to tell them your feelings. What's good about saying nothing is that you lessen the tendency to hurt others. The bad thing is, you never realize how keeping quiet hurts you. The only wrong thing in life is to deny what your heart truly feels.” Calvin said. Jiro paused upon hearing what Calvin said. He glanced secretly at Joy, and then looked away from her. He could not deny that all the feelings he had for Joy all came back, especially now that they are getting closer. Calvin is right, he should not hold back his feelings for Joy, but he feels that it's not yet the right time for them to be together. After all, she and Calvin just broke up. He doesn't know if Joy would feel the same way for him, maybe her feelings for him have already changed. He could not blame Joy, after all, it was him who broke her heart.

Joy heard Jiro let out a sigh. As she looked at him, their eyes met. Jiro stared at her for a while, and then turned his gaze away from him. There was an awkward silence between them, and she knows Calvin and Hannah could sense it. “Uhmmmm... I think I'll go and get something to eat.” Jiro excused himself. Calvin threw him a confused look. “Again?” he asked. Jiro let out a nervous laugh as he looked back at them. “Uh... you see, I'm a growing boy.” he said. Then, he rushed outside of the room. “I... I think I'll go out for a while...” Joy said. Calvin watched Joy as she get out of the room. As soon as they are alone, Calvin and Hannah looked at each other, and laughed. Then, Calvin looked at Kit, and brushed her hair with his fingers. “Kit... I wish you're seeing what's happening between Jiro and Joy...” he thought. Then, he smiled at her. “Obviously, they are still in love with each other. I hope we could help them get back together...”

--

The following week at the hospital...

“Hannah!”

Hannah paused, and then looked back. She saw Danson running up to her. “Hey, Danson!” she said, smiling at him. As soon as Danson reached her, he panted. Then, he smiled tiredly at her. “Hey... I've got something to ask you...” he said. Hannah gave him a wondering look as she waited for him to speak. “What is it?” she asked. “Are you free tomorrow night?” he asked. Hannah smiled and nodded her head. Danson grinned from ear to ear at her answer. “Why?” Hannah asked. “I want to ask you out tomorrow night...” Danson said. Hannah turned her back on him, and then smiled to herself. She find herself being giddy, as Danson was asking her out for a date. “So... why do you want us to go out tomorrow?” she asked. Danson put his hands on his pocket, and stood beside her. “I want to spend more time with you before you leave for Vienna next week. You know that I really missed hanging out with you.” he said. Hannah felt her cheeks blush at what Danson said. “He really missed me... is he going to tell me tomorrow night that he loves me?” she thought. Hannah looked at Danson, and slightly hit him on his arm. “Aiyo, Danson. We've been spending much time together since I came back...” she said. Danson laughed at what she said. “I know. But there's something that I want to tell you tomorrow...” he said. Hannah looked away from him, and smiled to herself. “That's it! He's going to tell me that he loves me! He's going to propose to me!” she thought. Then, she composed herself and cleared before facing Danson again. “What is it?” she asked. She smiled at her, hoping that Danson would tell her now what he is going to say tomorrow night. “It's a secret.” Danson said. Hannah tugged Danson's arms, and then gave him puppy eyes. “Come on, why don't you tell me now?”
“You'll find out tomorrow.”
“What is it that you want to tell me, that I have to wait until tomorrow night?”
“Secret. You'll know tomorrow for sure.”
“How about a clue?”
“Won't tell.”
“Pretty please?”

Danson sighed at shook his head. “Why do you want to know now?” he asked. “What difference would it make? If you tell it to me tomorrow, or right now, I would still find out about it.” she said. Danson sighed again, then he smiled at her. “Fine... I'll tell you.” he said. Hannah smiled sweetly at him as she waited for him to speak again. “I want you to meet a very special girl tomorrow. The one that I have liked for a long time.” he said. The smile on Hannah's face disappeared in an instant. Why would Danson want her to meet his crush? “Is it Kit? Why would you want me to meet Kit?” she asked. Danson laughed as he shook his head. “It's not Kit, silly girl! She's someone I really liked for a long time. And I want you to meet her.” Danson said. Hannah turned her back on him again, and she folded her arms. She was disappointed at what he said. She could not believe that Danson likes not another girl, and not her. Didn't she accidentally heard him over the phone, telling her that he loves her? Why does he liked another girl, and why does he want her to meet this girl. “I forgot. I need to do something tomorrow night.” Hannah said monotonously. Danson was surprised at what she said. “What? But you agreed already! You have to go out with me tomorrow, Hannah!” he said. Hannah turned to face him again, giving him an annoyed look. “Why do you want me to come with you tomorrow?” she asked. Danson gave her a smile. He's amused with her being irritated with him. At least it would keep his little surprise for her. “Because I want you to be there when I propose to her. I want you to approve of her.” he said. Hannah frowned at him, then he put her hands on her waist. “What do you take me for? Your best friend? What do you think of us? Kit and Calvin? For your information, we're not best friends! And why do you want me to approve of this girl? Why don't you just ask Joy to come with you tomorrow? Why does it have to be?” she asked. Danson laughed at her again as she gets mad at him. “Why not you? You are my closest girl friend, and I want you to meet the girl that I like. Can you do that for me, your old buddy?” he asked. Hannah sighed in resignation, and then slowly nodded her head. “If that makes you happy...” she said. Then, Danson pulled her to him, and hugged her tight. “Thank you, Hannah...” he said. “You don't know how much this means to me...”

--

“You what?!” Chun, Jiro and Calvin all asked in unison. “I told her I want her to meet a very special girl.” Danson said proudly to them. The three sighed at hearing his answer. They never expected that Danson would resort to this lie to keep his surprise from Hannah. Calvin found himself rolling the newspaper he was holding in his hand due to irritation. Then, he stood up from his seat, and walked to Danson. He whacked Danson in the head using the rolled newspaper. “Aww!” Danson flinched in pain. He rubbed his head, and then looked up at Calvin. “What's that for?” he asked in annoyed tone. “That is for you being too stupid. Did you know that with your lies, it is more likely that Hannah would not come tomorrow night?” Calvin said. Danson sighed, and then lowered his head. “She insists on knowing why I want to go out with her tomorrow...” he said in a low voice. “Then, you should've told her that you want to spend more time with her before she leaves!” Jiro said. “I already told her that.” Danson said. “Then, you should've said anything aside from that. For sure, Hannah is heart broken because of what you have said!” Chun said. They all heard Danson sighed again. “I thought it's for the best because of what I am going to say to her tomorrow night... it's in my speech...” Danson said.

Chun and Jiro looked at each other, wondering what Danson's love speech would be all about. “That's another thing. We have to hear what you will say to Hannah tomorrow, and we have to approve of it or else, you will mess up when you propose to her.” Jiro said. Danson sighed and shook his head, then he took a piece of paper from his pocket. “Here goes...” he said as he unfolded the paper. He stood up from his seat, and then walked up to Jiro. “Are you sure you want to hear it?” Danson asked. Jiro nodded his head. Then, he unfolded the paper, and then began his speech. “I love you...” he began. At the beginning of his speech, Joy entered the room, and heard what Danson said. Her eyes widened when he saw Danson looking into Jiro's eyes, and saying those three words. “Oh my God! Danson's really gay?” she thought. Then, he looked at Jiro. “And he likes Jiro?” she thought. “I knew in my heart that I have always loved you. It's just that I'm too stubborn to admit how I feel towards you...” she heard Danson said. Joy could not bear seeing Danson propose to Jiro. She knows it would break Hannah's heart, because it was breaking hers as well. She looked at Jiro, and saw how giddy he is as he listened to what Danson is saying. “Go on, Danson...” Jiro said. Joy shook her head as she watched the two. She looked at Calvin and Chun, and she was wondering why the two guys were not stopping Danson from his love confession.

She could not take it anymore. She decided to walk towards them, and make then know her presence. “Ehem.” she said as she walked towards them. The four guys looked at Joy, and saw the irritated look on her face. Calvin looked at Chun, trying to hide his laughter. He knows that Joy is irritated, as she heard Danson's love confession to Jiro. “What is this?!” She asked Danson and Jiro. “Oh, nothing. Just making some speech...” Danson said to Joy. Jiro looked at Joy, and smiled viciously at her. “Actually, Dansons confessing his love for me. I would've answered Danson if you hadn't interrupted us.” Jiro teased. He have this evil grin on his face as he looked at Joy. Joy could feel her blood rushing up to her head at what he said. “You what?!” she shouted at him. Danson got confused at her reaction, then it finally sinked onto him – Joy thought that they turned gays. “I-it's not what you think!” Danson said to her. Calvin and Chun finally laughed at the scene between the two guys and Joy. “It's not what I think? It's not what I think?! You are proposing to Jiro, you freakingly stupid guy!” she shouted at him. “I am not!” Danson said. Jiro laughed at Danson, as he looked scared. He stood up, and put his arm around Danson. “Aiyo, Danson... no need to deny it to Joy. And besides, I also feel the same way for you...” Jiro said. Danson gaped as he gave him a death glare. “Jiro!” Danson shouted at him. He saw Jiro look at Joy, and smirk at her. “I have always liked Danson, and I know Danson like me as well. And besides, I can always change my preference, right?” Jiro said. Joy could not speak up due to the anger building up inside her. How could it be that Jiro and Danson turned gay? She would understand if it's Chun, but Jiro?

“Fine!” she shouted at Jiro. “Be gay for all I care! I hate the two of you!” Then, she turned her back and stormed out of the room. As soon as she left, Jiro, Chun and Calvin laughed. Danson just gave the three a confused look. “What's that for? You guys know that I am not gay!” he shouted at his friends. The three paused, then looked at him. “At least we helped you keep your surprise for Hannah, didn't we?” Jiro said, winking at him. Danson could only sigh at his friends. He''s a little disappointed with the way things are turning up. “What now? This seems to be hopeless... What if Joy tells Hannah that I am gay?” he said. With what he said, Jiro paused and gave him a bewildered look.

--

“Kit...” Hannah called as she sat beside her. She wore a long face as she faced her sleeping friend. “I think I know how it feels... when the person you love doesn't love you in the same way that you love him. I think I could understand your pain now... because I am feeling it now...” she said in a low voice. She took Kit's hands, and held it. She looked at Kit sadly, trying her best not to cry in front of her. “I heard it, Kit. I heard him tell me that he loves me... but why does he have to tell me that he likes another girl? Why does he have to change his feelings for me? It hurts because I thought he felt the same way for me... but I was wrong...” she said.

Hannah rested her head on Kit's bed, as the tears slowly fell from her eyes. “I thought the most painful thing that I felt in the world was when Arron left me. But I was wrong... the fact that Danson rejected me without even letting him know that I love him hurts the most. Maybe it was my fault, as I assumed things between us. I assumed that he loves me too... but he have fallen out of love with me. Maybe it's for the best that he is in love with another girl, so that he wouldn't have to wait for me to come back and settle here in Taiwan. But it still hurts, Kit... it does...” she said in a low voice. Then, she took her phone. She pressed the button of the phone, and then played Kit's favorite tune – Moon River. As the music played, she laid the phone beside Kit's ears. It was that tune that Hannah taught Kit to play in the piano before, because it was also Calvin's favorite tune. Whenever one of them is sad, they would play it in the piano. Now that Kit is still in the coma, the only thing she could do is let her listen to it. She is sad now, and she know Kit wouldn't mind if she would play it for her.

As she listened to the lonely melody, she felt something in her hand. She looked at Kit's hand, and saw her fingers slowly moving. She was surprised at what she saw. “Kit...” she said. She smiled at the girl beside her. She was hoping that Kit would wake up now. “Kit... do you hear me? Kit... please wake up...” she pleaded to her. “I don't think she would wake up now, even if she would move her fingers.” she heard someone say. She looked back, and saw Calvin walking up to her. He put the bouquet of peach roses on the side table, and took a seat beside Kit. “The first time this happened, I thought she would wake up to, but I was wrong. The doctors said it was just her reflexes, but at least it's a good sign. Maybe she heard what you have been saying to her, as well as that music that you are playing for her...” Calvin said. The smile on Hannah's face slowly disappeared as she looked at Kit again. “Oh...” she said in a low voice. “I was hoping to see her awake, but I guess I have to be contented with this...” Hannah said. She leaned back to her chair, and stared at Kit. As Calvin looked at Hannah, he saw her sighing.

“Anything wrong, Hannah?” Calvin asked. Hannah gave him a faint smile, and shook her head. “I'm OK...” she lied. Calvin smiled at her, then he looked at Kit, and took her hand. “Why do I feel that you are sad, Hannah? Kit wouldn't like to see you this way... she would do everything to make you smile.” he said. “I guess I could never hide what I feel inside...” she said in a low voice. “So, tell me, who is that person that's making you sad? Is it the same person that's suppose to make you happy?” Calvin asked. Hannah slowly nodded her head to answer his question. “I... I finally understood how Kit felt before... when she was secretly loving you... You know, nothing hurts more than realizing he meant everything for you, and yet, you meant nothing for him. He liked another girl, when all this time I thought it was me that he loved...” she said in a low voice. Calvin let go of Kit's hand as he leaned towards Hannah. Then, he took Hannah's hand, and held it. “If you love him, you will fight for what you feel. Prove to him that you are worthy of his love. Who knows, maybe in the end you'll find out that he also feels the same way for you, that you are the one for him.” Calvin said. Hannah paused and looked up at him. “Calvin's right...” she thought. Then, she looked at Kit. “Kit, do you think I should fight for what I feel for Danson? Do you think I should tell him how I feel for him, even though I know I never got the chance with him?” she asked silently. “I know what you are thinking, Hannah... and I know exactly what Kit would tell you if she could hear you...” Calvin said. Hannah gave him a confused look. “Kit would tell you not to make the same mistake as she did before. If you love Danson, tell him exactly how you feel. As I've said before, never hold back your feelings, because in the end you might regret it.” Calvin said. Hannah's lips curved into a smile, and then she nodded her head. “You're right, Calvin...” she said. “I should let Danson know that I love him. If he rejects me, if he could not accept my love, then that would be OK with it. At least I wouldn't regret anything in the end. If he loves another girl... or guy, then I would accept it.” Hannah said. Calvin smiled and nodded his head. “Don't you have to get ready for your big date tonight? You still have to look good even if you have to meet the girl who stole Danson's heart.” Calvin said. Hannah stood up from her seat, and then smiled at Calvin. “Thanks Calvin...” she said. Then, she turned her back and left Kit's room. After Hannah left, Calvin looked at Kit and smiled at her. He held her hand again, and pressed it to his cheeks. “Well, there's the happy ending for our friends... you would forgive me if I said those things to Hannah, right?” he said. Then, he leaned towards her, and kissed her on her forehead.

--

“For Christ's sake, Danson! Stop pacing back and forth! You're making us all Dizzy!” Jiro shouted at his friend. Danson paused and looked at Jiro. “I'm nervous, OK?” he said. “It's just a dinner date, Danson. Nothing to be scared of...” Calvin said. Then, he smiled at him. “You look great actually...” Calvin said. “Wei, if you're going out with Hannah, then why are you here at the hospital? Aren't you supposed to be picking up Hannah now?” Jiro asked. Danson paused, then, he looked at Kit, who was still sleeping peacefully on the hospital bed. “I want to ask her for her permission...” he said in a low voice. Jiro stood up from his seat, and put his arm around him. “Even if you ask for her blessing, she won't say anything. Besides, you two were never together, why ask her if you can date other girls...” Jiro said. Danson shook his head at him. “No, you got it all wrong. I would like to ask her permission if I could take care of Hannah this time. She have always been looking after her, and Hannah considers her as her closest friend. I just want to ask if it's OK for me to do the things I did for her to Hannah...”

Calvin smiled. He stood up from he seat and went to Danson. “No need to ask for her permission, Danson. I know Kit could hear you right now, and she's happy that you found the girl who can love you and you can love whole-heartedly.” he said. Danson looked at Calvin and smiled at him. “Do you guys... think.. that I will have my chance with her? Do you think she feels the same way for me?” he asked. “Wei, what did I tell you before, Danson? For sure, Hannah feels the same way for you, but of course, you should be the one who should make the first move to her. So, I think you should get going and be with your lady love.” Chun said. Danson smiled at him, and nodded his head. “I think I should I don't want to keep her waiting...” he said as he stood up. He took the bouquet of flowers from the table, and took a deep breath. “Well, this is it. Wish me luck!” Danson said. He said goodbye to his friends, and then left the room. After he left, Joy came inside the room, and noticed that Danson was holding a bouquet of roses. “Where is he going?” she asked the boys. “He have a hot date tonight.” Jiro answered. “Isn't his date supposed to be you?” Joy asked him. Upon hearing her question, Calvin and Chun burst out laughing. Jiro doesn't know if he'll be amused at Joy, or he will get irritated because she believes that he really is gay. “I turned him down. I told him I'm eying some other guy...” he said as he rolled his eyes. Then he folded his arms as he gave her a playful look. “And besides, I thought you wouldn't care if I become gay?” he said. Joy smirked at Jiro, and folded her arms as she faced him. “Fine... if that's what you say... I guess it wouldn't hurt if I tell Hannah that the love of her life is gay, right?” she said. Before Jiro could answer back, Joy turned her back on him and left the room.

“She's not serious about telling Hannah that Danson is gay, right?” Chun asked worriedly at the two guys. Calvin just shrugged his shoulder. “I dont know. If she does, then the situation between Hannah and Danson will be more complicated.” Calvin said. “Well, basing on the way she looked, she seems to be serious, so it's most likely that she will tell Hannah that Danson is gay.” Jiro said. After saying that, it sinked it to Jiro that Joy is really serious. He looked at the two with his eyes wide open. “She will tell Hannah!” he exclaimed. “Then, why don't you chase after her and tell her that we were just playing around with them?” Chun said. “Because if you won't, it will be all your fault for ruining Danson's perfect night.” Calvin said. Jiro nodded his head, and then followed Joy outside the room.

--

Danson helped Hannah as she sat on the table. She looked around and smiled to herself. “Nice restaurant... I like the place.” she said to Danson. Danson smiled at her as he took his seat. “Thanks.” he said. “So... what time does your crush will be coming? I find it a little weird that you would pick me up instead of that girl.” she said. “She will be here any time now. So, why don't we order while we're waiting for her?” he said. Hannah smiled and nodded her head.

During dinner, Hannah felt at ease. She kept looking at the door, and she felt her heart beats faster whenever a girl enters the restaurant. She would think that it would be Danson's other date tonight. She is enjoying Danson's company, and she would very much like it if it would be just him and her tonight. She wanted to spend more time with Danson, and beside, it would be much easier for her to confess to Danson if there are no interruptions. “Wei...” she heard Danson say to her. “Why do you keep on staring at the door. Aren't you enjoying my company?” he asked. Hannah gave him a faint smile and shook her head. “I am... It's just... is your date coming or not?” she asked. Danson just smiled at her. “Later, she will. But for now, let's enjoy our dessert, OK?” he said. Hannah nodded her head. She took a piece of her chocolate cake, and ate it. Then, she secretly glanced at Danson, and saw him munching on his chocolate cake. She smiled to herself, and decided that she should tell Danson now before his real date would come up. “Uhmmm... Dan...” she called. Danson paused, and looked up at her. “I... I want to tell you something...” she said. “Can it wait?” he asked. She shook her head. “What is it that you want to tell me?” he asked. “B-before I tell you, can... can you first tell me who is the girl that we were waiting for? The one you really liked?” she asked. Danson leaned towards the table, and then smiled at her. “Her? Hmmm... later. I'll tell you about her.” he said. “But Danson, I have to know...”
“You'll meet her later, don't worry.”
“But I want to know her, who she is... because what I will tell you depends on what I'm going to tell you.”
Danson sighed, and smiled at him. Then, he stod up from his seat, and then reached out his hand to her. “If you insist on knowing who she is, then come with me.” he said. Hannah gave him a confused look. She took his hand, and let him lead her to the garden.

“Is she here?” she asked as they were walking through the garden. Danson nodded his head. “You bet she is!” he said. Hannah looked up at him, and saw him smiling happily at her. She looked around the garden, and saw that there were no other people around, except for them. “Where is she?” she asked. She walked away from him, still trying to look for the girl that Danson liked. “I'm staring at her right now...” Danson said. Hannah paused, then he looked back at Danson. As she looked at him, he saw her staring at him. She swallowed hard as he walked towards her. The more he gets closer to her, the more she could hear her heart beating faster. “W-who?” she asked again. Danson paused, and then let out a laugh. “I said, the girl I liked is the one that I'm staring at right now.” he said. She still could not believe at what he said. She looked around to see if there are any other girl that Danson is staring at. In the end, she realized that they were really alone in the garden, and Danson only had his eyes on her. “M-me?” she asked nervously as she pointed at herself. Danson smiled lovingly at her, and nodded his head. “It has always been you...” he said.

Danson stared at her for a long time. He readied himself for his love confession, but now that he is standing before her, and staring into her mesmerizing eyes, he suddenly forgot all the things that he was supposed to her. He opened his mouth to speak, but no words ever came out of his mouth. “I... I was supposed to have my speech, but I was too caught up by you, that I forgot what I'm supposed to say...” he said nervously. Hannah let out a nervous laugh upon hearing what he said. “You're not really good at this, Danson...” she said. Danson nodded in agreement. “How do I start...”
“Start with how you really feel. You wouldn't go wrong with that.”

Then, Danson took Hannah's hands, and then stared into her eyes again. “I love you.” he began. “I knew that I have always been in love you. I thought before that I am in love with Kit, but that wasn't the case. Because if I were, I would have gotten affected when I found out that she is in love with Calvin, and that she got together with Jiro. I guess I was too stubborn to admit how I feel for you, although I am being to obvious with the way I feel towards you.” he said. He paused, and let out a nervous laugh. “Whenever I'm with you, I feel very happy. The mere though of parting ways with you makes me feel so sad... and each time that I'm not with you, I always think of you. I love picking on you and bullying you because I love the way you looked when you're mad at me. At the same time, I love it whenever you smile at me. I feel special whenever you look my way. When you look at other guys, especially Calvin, I feel very jealous. I love the sound of your laughter, your sweet voice, the way you play my favorite song on the piano. I love it when you're worried about me, the way you care for me. I love it when you listen to me whenever I tell you what's inside my mind. I love it when you always advice me, when you tell me that I am a sissy, when you call me a loser or a freakingly stupid guy. I love it when we talk over the phone during the wee hours of the night and I could hear you snoring. I love it when you get mad at me over MSN. I love it when you sing for me, when you coo me like I'm a little baby. I love it when you hit my arm, or whack me in the head, even though it takes days before the pain of it subsides. I love it when you always turn to me when you needed someone to cry to. I love taking care of you. I love...” Danson shook her head, and then faced her again. “I just love everything about you. I can tell you all the reasons why I love you, and it would take me years or decades to finish. Believe me, I can't help but love you... and if I said too much, I'm sorry, but I don't regret a single word I said.” he said to her.

Hannah smiled at him and shook her head. “You didn't say too much, Danson. The truth is, I love hearing the sound of your voice. I wouldn't mind listening you talk, and tell me what you love about me.” she said. Danson moved closer to her, and then cupped her cheek. “Hannah, is it OK if I call you mine?” he asked. Hannah laughed at his corny lines. She nodded her head, and smiled at him. “Yes, Danson. I'm yours.” she said. Danson's smile widened upon hearing Hannah's answer. “Does that mean that...” Hannah nodded her head. “You're a freakingly stupid guy, but I love you anyway. You're such a loser, but you are my loser...” she said. Danson laughed at what she said. He lifted up her chin, as he looked at her lovingly, he moved closer to her. He closed her eyes as their lips finally met, sharing that long and loving kiss with the girl he loved the most.

After he kissed her, Danson let her go, and gave her a wondering look. “So, what is it that you want to tell me?” he asked. Hannah put her arms around her neck, and smiled at him. “Everything that you told me... it's exactly I want to tell you. I love you too, Danson.” she said. Danson smiled at her, and let her rest her head on his shoulder as he hugged her tight.

--

The following week at the airport...

“I'm going to miss you...” Danson said as he put down Hannah's luggage. Hannah looked at him, and saw the sadness in his eyes. This is one of the reasons why he didn't want him to drive her to the airport, because it will only sadden her when she looks into his sad eyes. “I promise to come home every vacation.” she assured him. Danson smiled, and nodded his head. “I promise to save up money so I could visit you in Vienna. Promise me you won't look at any guys out there, OK?” he said. Hannah laughed at what he said. “As long as you keep your promise of not looking at other girls while I'm gone.” she said. Danson smiled and nodded his head. “I will.” he said. He walked towards Hannah, and gave her a hug. Hannah leaned her head on his shoulder, then he felt him kiss her on her forehead. “Always remember that my love will always be with you, wherever you are. When you feel sad, or scared, always think me. I will be with you, supporting you in every way. I will be here, waiting for the day until you return to me. If that day comes, I swear I will never let you leave my side anymore...” Danson whispered to her. Hannah looked up at him, and smiled at him. The tears were cascading from her eyes. It was getting harder on her part to leave this man who was holding her. “I will miss you, Danson. I will miss you... Always remember that I love you. I love you with all my heart. My heart will always be with you, now until forever.” she said.

Danson leaned towards her, and gave her a long kiss on the lips. “Write me long letters, Danson... write me long letters...” Hannah said. Danson smiled and nodded his head. “I know things will be hard for the two of us. But I want this to work... for us... promise me no matter what happens, you will hold on to our lov