I Love You More Than You Can Imagine

99 Paper Cranes (Completed)
A/N: I'm breaking my only-two-to-three-word chapter subtitles for this story, because the title of my favorite seems to be apt to the story of this chapter hehehe

--

The further it flies, the more it can’t be seen
Your smiling face under the sun
Over the line between the sky and the sea
Walking away slowly
You were once my horizon

--

It was Friday afternoon when Kit and her family (including Danson, Chun and Calvin) arrived at the resort. Uncle Sam's wedding would be on Sunday morning, but they decided to go to the resort earlier than planned to be able to help the Lin family with the preparations. “Get away from me, you are so annoying!” Ariel shouted at Chun, who was following her towards the rest house. “But Ariel, baby...” Chun said. Ariel looked at him, and rolled her eyes at him. “Don't call me baby, I'm not even your girl!” she said. Ariel stomped as she walked towards the house. Kit and Danson just watched as the Chun chases Ariel. “Aren't they funny?” Danson asked Kit. Kit smiled and nodded his head. He put his arm around her. “They just look cute together... bickering and all.” Kit said. Danson nodded his head. “I never thought Chun could be like this.” he said.

Meanwhile, Calvin was unloading their bags, and all throughout, he was watching Danson and Kit. He suddenly felt jealous when he saw them being too close. “Wei! Danson! Can you lend me a hand here?” he shouted. Danson looked at Calvin, and he could see him mad. “What's wrong with your best friend?” he asked. Kit just shrugged her shoulder. “You better help him out or he'll lash it out on you.” she said. Danson nodded his head. Then, he took that bag that Kit was carrying, and then watched her as she get inside the house before approaching Calvin. “Take those bags...” Calvin said, pointing at the bags on the ground. “I'll take her bag.” Calvin said, taking Kit's bag from Danson. Before he could protest, Calvin was already walking towards the house. “Wei! Not fair! She gave it to me!” he shouted. He sighed as he shook his head. “Don't tell me he's jealous of me?” he thought. He sighed again. Then, he collected the bags on the ground, and followed inside the house.

--

“Kit! Ariel! Calvin!” Uncle Sam said as the three approached him at the veranda. “Uncle Sam!” Kit said, smiling at the old man. Ariel and Kit gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Hey,Uncle Sam! Long time no see!” Calvin said. Uncle Sam smiled warmly at him. “It's been a long time since I last saw you, Calvin. You grew taller and more handsome, just like me.” he said. Calvin just smiled at him. “Of course, Uncle Sam. You know that you were my childhood hero.” he said. Uncle Sam smiled at the three. Its been a long time since he last saw them, and he could not believe that these kids have already grown up. He looked at Kit, and then smiled at her. “As expected, I know you will grow up to be a lovely princess.” he said to her. Kit smiled at him as she blushed. “Have you found your prince charming yet?” he asked. Kit shook her head, as she lied to the elder man in front of him. Then she thre a quick glance at Calvin. “I did, but too bad the princess is not allowed to fall in love with her prince charming...” she thought.

Just then, Danson and Chun. Uncle Sam looked at them, and then looked at Kit and smiled. “I see that you have brought to princes here. So, who among these princes captured your heart, Princess Kit?” he asked. Danson, Chun and Ariel laughed, while Kit blushed again and Calvin threw dagger looks at Chun and Danson. “Actually, Uncle Sam, I am Ariel's prince charming!” Chun said. Ariel stopped laughin after hearing what he said. She threw dagger looks at him. “Puh-leaze! I didn't even agreed to be your date on the wedding!” she said. All of them burst into laughter as the two starts to bicker again. Meanwhile, Danson walked over Kit, and then put his arm around her. Kit looked up at him and then smiled, and Danson smiled back at him. “So, this must be your prince charming.” Uncle Sam said to Kit. That instant, all of them looked at Uncle Sam, even Chun and Ariel who were bickering that time. “Kit! Why didn't you tell me that you're already dating Danson?” she said. She turned into a grin as she walked up to her. “Please tell me that you are dating Danson...” Ariel said as she held her hand. Kit laughed nervously as she shook her head. “O-of course not. We're just friends!” she said. Then she looked up at Danson, and saw him nodding his head. “Yeah, we're just friends...” he said. “For now...” he added silently.

Calvin looked at Kit and Danson, and then he felt jealous again. “What's going on with me? Why do I feel affected when Danson's around Kit?” he thought. Maybe he felt threatened with Danson around her. He felt like Danson's taking away his best friend from him, and that he is slowly taking his place in her life. He couldn't help but feel that way since he know how Danson feels for Kit, and though Kit may tell him that she only sees Danson as a friend, he could somehow see that she also sees Danson in a different way. He told himself several times that he would approve if Kit would chose Danson in the end, but why does he feel otherwise.

Uncle Sam noticed the expression on Calvin's face. “And the princess' best friend is getting jealous...” he commented. Calvin was surprised at what he said. “N-n-n-o, no, I'm not!” he stuttered. Kit looked up at him, and then smiled secretly. “So Calvin is jealous, huh?” she thought. She wanted to think that he is jealous because he feels the same way towards her, but that would be impossible. “Are you sure you are not jealous, Calvin?” Danson asked. He smirked at him, and then pulled Kit closer to him. Calvin was irritated with what Danson was doing. He sighed and then shook his head. “You guys can do whatever it is that you want. I'm tired, I need to rest.” he said to Danson. He turned to Uncle Sam and excused himself. Uncle Sam looked at Kit and Danson, and then smiled at him. “He is definitely jealous.” he assured them. Then, all of them burst out laughing.

--

Kit was walking through the shore, towards her favorite spot at the beach. She paused and then gazed into the horizon. She sighed as she smiled to herself. She could still remember those times that have passed, those summers when she patiently waited for Jay's return. She and Calvin would sit at this spot as they waited till sun comes down. When she finally realized that Jay is not coming, she would cry. Calvin would put his arm around her, and then console her. When she wouldn't stop crying, he would make ugly faces or make a silly dance just to cheer her up. Those little things that Calvin did when they were young, those little memories that she recollects just make her love him more and more.

But she only realized that she loves Calvin as more than a friend just a few years back. She always thought that she loves him as her brother, but he was wrong. She failed to notice the little things about him, those little things that he have done before to make her happy, and to make her feel special. Looking back, she have always thought is Calvin loved her before, but their promise for each other of not falling in love is holding him back, but maybe she is wrong. Maybe she is just giving all the things he have done a different meaning, and maybe Calvin did all of those things before because she's his best friend. “The whistle, the friendship bracelet, the rose you gave me on our last Valentine's day in high school, the second button on your school uniform that I forced to take on our graduation day... all those things that seem special to you, you gave it to me just to make me happy. Sometimes, I want to think that I am a selfish best friend, because all this time I always wanted your attention. I have always depended on you, that I do not even know what it's like not be by your side...” she thought. She sighed, as she sat on one of the big rocks by the shore. She wondered why they made that promise before, of not falling in love with each other? Was it because when they were young, everyone they know teased them to each other, that they got irritated? Or was it because they wanted to prove t everyone that a guy and a girl can be friends without falling in love with each other? Or was it because they learned from the mistake of other best friends they knew, who fell in love with each other but did not had a happy ending, and in the end just ruined their friendship? “It's all of the above...” she thought. Somehow, she regret making that promise with Calvin. If only she knew from the start that she would fall in love with Calvin, she would not have agreed to that promise, but even if they did not, what are the possibilities that he would acknowledge her feelings for him?

“Penny for your thoughts?” she heard someone say. She looked up and she saw Calvin standing beside her. “And I thought you were resting?” she asked. Calvin smiled and shook his head. Then, he sat behind her. “Don't tell me you're thinking of Jay again?” he asked. Kit could only sigh at him. Without her telling it, he already knew the answer to his question. Calvin turned his gaze away from her, as the smile on his face slowly disappears. “So, she still thinks of that guy...” he thought. “I don't have to think of Jay all the time, you know...” she said. “How could I if you're the only one that's on my mind?” she thought. There was an awkward silence between them for a while. “You know, you and Danson makes a great pair. Why... why don't you give him a chance? He deserves it after all...” he said. “Do... do you like Danson for me?” she asked. Calvin nodded his head. She looked at him, when she have not heard an answer from him. “Calvin?” she called. “I... I'm nodding my head.” he said in a low voice. “I've known Danson more than I know this Jay, and I know he could take care of you, in the same way that I have taken care of you all this time...”

Kit looked back at him again. “You trust Danson that much when it comes to me?” she asked. She saw him nod his head again. “I've seen that he treats you well. He have always been there for you, especially during our rift. He loves you too much, and I know if you choose him, you will be in good hands...” he said. Kit looked away from him and then gazed at the see. She smiled bitterly as she fell silent. “I... I just noticed that you are getting closer to Joy...” she began. “Are... are you planning to pursue her?” she asked. After uttering her question, she wanted to take it back. She know that Calvin have liked her ever since, and now that she and Jiro broke up, Calvin already have a chance to be with her. “I realized that I just can't be her friend anymore. The more that I am with her, the more that I am falling in love with her... but I have to respect that she was once Jiros girl, and so I decided to keep what I feel for her for the sake of Jiro.” he said. Kit fell silent after hearing what he said. Of all the people that will become her rival in Calvin's heart, it have to be her closest friend.

--

Have you had any reminiscence
Last summer when we were together
Having the feeling of love
In the heart
That is so strong
And everything
Seemed to be just yesterday

--

Jiro walked towards the shore, and gazed at the sea. It's a been a week since he and Joy broke up, and each day is more difficult than the other. He said that he have to let her go to forget his past, but when he broke up with Joy, he not only have to endure the guilt of his past, but the pain of his recent heartache as well. “I see that you've been visiting this beach more often...” he heard someone say. He looked back, and he saw the elder man he talked to a few weeks back. Jiro gave him a smile as he approached him. “It's you...” he said. The elder man nodded his head. “I see that you've been liking the scenery here, am I right?” the elder man asked again. Jiro nodded his head. “When I'm here, I feel that all my worries are being taken away by the waves... I just wish they could take my past and all my memories away as well...” he said. “Which part of your past would you like to be taken away, and which memory would you like to be retained?” the elder man asked. Jiro looked away from him and shook his head. “The part of my life when I broke a promise, and broke someone's heart.”
“And why would you like to take that memory away?”
“Because it only caused pain to the person I love the most, the girl whom I see myself in the future with...”
“So, you want to totally forget the past love because of this present love... am I right?”
“Yes...”
“And if you are willing to forget the past love, then why are you still holding on to it?”

Jiro looked up to him, confused at what he said. The elder man simply smiled at him. “The necklace you've been holding on to. I know, that one came from your past love. Many times, I have seen you try and throw it away, but in the end, you would hold back, and decide to keep it. And now, I suspect you will do that very same thing you do everyday.” the elder man said. “I don't know if I could really forget all about my past love. Maybe because I long to see her once again, but never had the chance to do so...” Jiro said. The elder man looked at him and smiled. “Did you try searching for her?” the elder man asked. Jiro shook his head. “I... I don't know how... where to start... I know she's mad at me as well, as I made her wait on this beach for almost 10 years. Maybe she got tired of waiting for me...” Jiro said in a low voice.

“Son, have you heard the story of the princess and the pink shell necklace?” the elder man asked. Jiro gave him a curious look. “I... I think I heard that before... someone I know told me that story...” Jiro said. “Then, you must know, how their story ended?” the elder man asked. Jiro shook his head again. “I know that the princess save the prince, took her to their castle until the prince became well. During that time, they fell in love with each other, and thought they would be together for a long time... until the prince's father found him and took him back to their kingdom. Before he left, the princess gave him a pink shell necklace as a token of her love, and in return, the prince gave her a blue shell, with a promise that he will come back for her one day. I didn't know how the story ended... if the prince came back or not....” Jiro looked at the elder man, and the elder man smiled at him. “All I can say, is that in the end, the prince and princess finally found their happiness, even if it took a long time for them to be together once again...”

--

“Uncle Sam?” The elder man looked back, and he saw Kit holding a tray filled with cups of coffee. Kit went out of the veranda and then put the tray on the table. Then she took the seat beside him. “Are you excited for tomorrow, Uncle Sam?” she asked. The elder man smiled and nodded her head. “I've waited a long time for this moment, and I can't believe that this day have finally arrived.” Uncle Sam said. “You're lucky to finally have the woman you love, Uncle Sam... as for me... I still have to find the one.” she said. “Maybe you have already found him, and you have loved him for a long time, but you were scared to admit to him that you do. Or, maybe you have found him, but he's been away for a long time and have kept you waiting, that you finally decided to give up on him. Or, maybe you have found him, but you just won't give him a chance to love you...” Uncle Sam said. Kit smiled and nodded her head. “I just hope one day, I could find the happiness that you're feeling right now.” she said. Uncle Sam smiled at him again, and held her hand. “You will, I know you will, Princess Kit.” he said.

“Do you still remember the story of the princess, the prince and the shell necklace?” Uncle Sam asked. Kit nodded her head. “I could clearly remember it, Uncle Sam. I never thought that that story would be your love story in reality...” she said. “Do you want to know what happened after the prince left the princess?” he asked. Kit smiled and nodded her head. “After the prince left, a lot of things happened that he was not able to come back for the princess. Shortly after he came back to their kingdom, his father became ill and eventually died. He have to take care of his kingdom, and was too busy that he have forgotten his promise his promise. Meanwhile, the princess waited for her for years. Until one day, the princess finally gave up and decided to let go. She married the one whom her father have wanted her to marry. When the prince came back, he's too late. The princess is already married, and he was left alone. The prince did not give up his love for the princess, and he continued to love her from afar. Years have passed, and they grew old. The prince never married, while the princess became a widow. By a twist of fate, they met again, and the both knew in their hearts that the love they have for each other have never changed. In the end, the prince and the princess finally got together, despite their old age, and lived happily ever after...”

After Uncle Sam told her the story, Kit found herself in tears. “So, the prince have loved her despite their distance...” she said as she wiped the tear from her eyes. Uncle Sam smiled and nodded his head. “Like the prince, I know there is someone who have loved you despite the fact that he never came back for you... and he's continuing to suffer because of his love for you...” he said. Kit looked at him, confused at what he said. “Jay... he came back to look for you...” she heard him say. Kit was surprised at what he said. She could not believe that after all these years, he came back for her. Is it too late for him, because her heart has been completely taken away by Calvin?”

“Jay...” she said in a low voice. “I knew it was him. He still have that pink shell necklace that you gave him ten years ago. He held on to it for a long time... and I could see how he have suffered because he could not let go of his past. And I could tell that he have continued to love you...” Uncle Sam said. “You saw him? Is he here today?” she asked. Uncle Sam nodded his head. “I believe he's still here. He love to linger around the shore, and reminisce the past. You would still be able to find him if you act now.” he said. Kit smiled and nodded her head. She stood up from her seat and gave Uncle Sam a hug before going on her way to find Jay. As she watched her leave, Uncle Sam smiled. “One day, princess, you will finally find your happiness...” he thought.

--

Kit searched high and low for Jay. She went to the beach, but it was deserted. She looked for him at their spot, but she found it empty. “Jay!” she called. There was no answer. No one is around the area except for her. “Jay! Where are you!” she shouted again. She felt her tears streaming down her face as she looked for him. “I have to find him... this is my only chance to find him...” she thought. But she guess she's too late. It seems that he have already left.

Meanwhile, at a far corner of the beach, Jiro heard someone call his name. He stood up and searched for the one who was calling her. “Tin? Tin, is it you?” he asked himself. He walked as he tried to find the person calling his name. “Tin!” he shouted. “Tin! Is it you? Tin!” he called. But there was no answer to his call. He sighed, and then he shook his head. “Maybe I'm just imagining things...” he thought. He shook his head again and decided to call it a day. He walked towards the parking lot, and decided to go home.

Kit rushed to the parking lot, and he saw a guy getting into his car. “Jay?” she called. She ran after the car and then called on him. “Jay!” she shouted. But the guy did not bother to stop at her. She stopped running when the car is already far, and that she could no longer follow it by running. “Jay... why did you leave me again...” she thought.

Jiro walked outside the parking lot, when she saw a girl standing far away from him. He stared at her for a long time. Then, he shook his head, and then headed to his car to leave.

--

The waves crashing towards the edge of the beach (The sea breeze is just like your breath)
I saw our footprints again (That was the track of my memory)
If the chance of meeting my happiness is one in a million
I’ll not bother about anything
To get you back

--

The wedding march began, and Kit walked through the aisle of the church. From the altar, she saw Calvin smiling at her. She wanted to continue walking until she reaches him, but somehow, she have to give way to the bride. Today is the day of the wedding of Uncle Sam and Auntie Esther. She witnessed how love stood through time, as the two elders, who have been distant for a long time, was finally reunited by fate. She cried as she listened to their wedding vows. She cried when Uncle Sam promised to take care and love Auntie Esther until his last breath. She cried when Auntie Esther promised to be bu his side until her last breath. What made her cry was how their love story was told during the ceremony. It was exactly the same as the story that Uncle Sam told them when they were young.

“You may now kiss the bride.” the priest said to the bride and the groom. Kit watched as Uncle Sam smiled lovingly at his wife. He took off the veil from her face, and reached to her and kissed her on the lips for a long time. Everyone stood up and clapped at them. After all the things that they have been through, they only deserve the happiness that they have now. Kit wiped the tear from her eyes as she watched them. As she looked to her side, she saw Calvin handing her a handkerchief. He smiled at him, and she laughed as she took the handkerchief from his hand. “You're such a cry baby, you know?” he said. “I couldn't help it. Everything is just so heartwarming...” she said. Calvin let out a faint laugh. “You're such a hopeless romantic, Kit. Don't tell me you would like to have this kind of wedding in the future?” he asked. Kit smiled and nodded her head. “Nothing could be more perfect than to marry the man I love. Even if the wedding is simple, as long as I'll be with him for the rest of my life, I'll be very contented...” she said. Calvin smiled and nodded his head. Then, he put his arm around her as they watched the newlywed couple take pictures.

Meanwhile, Chun and Danson were at the other side, watching Calvin and Kit. Chun looked at Danson, and he could see the jealousy in his face. “Wei, no right to be jealous, Danson. You didn't even have the guts to let her know how you feel.” Chun said. Danson looked at Chun and smiled. “I am not jealous. Who said that I am jealous?” he said. Then, he looked at Kit and Calvin again. “I just wish, for once, she would see me in the way that she sees him.” Danson said in a low voice. Chun sighed, and put his hand on his shoulder. He knows that he is suffering as much as she does, for he have secretly loved Kit. “Tell her how you feel. That is, if she really is the one that you love...” Chun said. Danson gave him a confused look. Before he could ask him a question, he felt his phone vibrate. He took it from his pocket, and Hannah's name flashing on the screen. Chun smirked as he peeked at his phone. “Well... whatever your question is, maybe you'll have some answer after you speak to Hannah.” he said. Danson just laughed at what Chun said. He have a feeling that he will again with Hannah. He excused himself from him and then stepped out to answer the call.

--

“Danson Tang, you sissy! I've been here for a month now, and you know very well that we promised, I repeat WE promised each other that we are going to tell them that we love them. But what happened? In the end, I was the one who ended up confessing to Calvin while you... YOU were taking it slowly with Kit!” Danson flinched as he hear Hannah shouting at him over the phone. When Hannah stopped shouting into his ear, he put his phone back on his ear. “Done shouting at me?” he asked. His lips formed into a smile as he hear her sigh. “Danson Tang! You coward!” she shouted at him again. “Wei. It's not that easy...”
“Not that easy? Not that easy? Do you think it was easy on my part when I confessed what I feel towards Calvin? You think it was easy on my part when I told him that I am the paper crane girl, huih? Tell me what you think.”

Danson let out a laugh. Hannah is being hysterical again. Ever since she went to Vienna and found out that he have not confessed anything to Kit, she have been badgering him about it. Seems like Hannah is more worried about his love life than him. “Stop worrying about it. I'll tell Kit...” he said. “And when? Tell Kit now or I'll be forced to call her and tell her that Danson Tang is in love with her.” Hannah said. Danson became alarmed. “No!” he exclaimed. “'Don't do that. OK... OK... I'll tell her now... Just don't call her, will you?” he said. He heard Hannah laugh at the other line. “Do I really have to threaten you that way so that you'll tell her? Now, how will I know if you have confessed you love for her?”
“Call her after two days, then you'll know... but... but what if she rejected me?”
“Don't worry, I'll find you a hot Austrian girlfriend here...”
Danson smiled again at what she said. “OK, better keep you promise about getting me a hot Austrian girlfriend...” he said.

--

“And now, the bride will throw the bouquet...” they heard the emcee said. The ladies began to form a line, including Ariel and Kit. Auntie Esther smiled at the girls before she turned her back on them. “Ready to catch the bouquet, ladies?” she asked. Everyone shouted. “I do hope the next one who would catch the bouquet would be lucky in love!” she said. Then, she counted up to three, and then thre the bouquet in the air. Everyone was trying to catch it, except Kit. Just then, the bouquet found it's way to her hands She was just as surprised as everyone around her. “Wow... Kit Jie will be the next one wholl get married!” she heard one of the ladies said. Kit blushed, and then looked at her cousin, who was nudging her.

After throwing the bouquet, Autie Esther took a seat, and Uncle Sam knelt in front of her, taking off the blue garter from her legs. Then he stood up. He twirled the garter in the air as the guys began to line up. “Let's see who will the Princess Kit's future partner.” he said, eying Kit and winking at him. He turned his back on the guys, and counted before he threw the garter in the air. Meanwhile. Calvin and Danson stood behind the other guys. Calvin nudged Danson, and as the latter looked up at him, he smiled. “Better be alert, Danson. You wouldn't want anyone to get a kiss from Kit.” he said. Danson smiled back at him. “I think you should be the one who should be alert. You would be jealous if another guy would catch the garter.” he said. After Uncle Sam counted to three, he threw the garter into the air. It landed at the back, and both Calvin and Danson reached for it. Chun was surprised when he saw the two holding the garter. “So... the two of you will be Kit's future husband?” he asked. The two shook their head. Calvin looked at Danson, and let go of the garter. “You should have it.” he said. Danson shook his head, and gave the garter to him. “No, you caught it first. You should be Kit's partner...” he said. Calvin shook his head. “No, it was you who first got this...” he said.

Annoyed, Chun walked towards then, and then took the garter from them. “If you guys don't want this, then I'll take it.” he said. “No!” the two exclaimed in unison. Then, they looked at each other. “Fine... I'll take it.” Calvin said as he turned to Chun. He took the garter, and then walked to where Kit was seated. Chun put his hand on Danson's shoulder as they watched Calvin put the garter on Kits legs. “Why do you always have to give way to Calvin, huh?” he said to Danson. Danson looked at him and gave him a faint smile. “Well, Calvin is the only one that makes her happy. You know that I would do everything to see her this happy...” he said. Chun just shook his head, a little disappointed with his friend's martyrdom.

After Calvin put the garter on Kit, everyone cheered on them for a kiss. Calvin looked at Kit, and saw Kit smiling at him. “Wei, it's just a friendly kiss.” she said. Calvin laughed at what she said. “I know you have always wanted to be kissed by the famous heartthrob, Calvin Chen.” he boasted. Kit laughed at what she said. The two looked at each other, and then Calvin moved closer to her. She closed her eyes, hoping that Calvin would kiss her on the lips. But to her dismay, Calvin only gave her a kiss on the cheek. She opened her eyes, and saw her best friend grinning at her. “And you thought I'll be kissing you on the lips?” he asked. Kit frowned and shook her head. “As if!”

--

“Calvin...” Calvin turned around and saw Uncle Sam walking towards him. Calvin stood up and helped the old man to sit beside him. “Congratulations by the way, Uncle Sam.” he said. The old man smiled at him. “I wish I would live to see the day that I will come on your wedding day as well, and congratulate you.” he said. Calvin smiled and nodded his head. “I wish you and Auntie Esther would be able to come to my wedding, if I will be getting married.” he said. Uncle Sam laughed at what he said. “Of course you will, silly boy! With your handsome face, every girl would like to marry you...” he said. Then, Uncle Sam smiled and tapped his shoulder. “Tell me, my son, is there a special girl that makes your heart beat fast?” he asked. Calvin nodded his head. “There is a special girl, Uncle Sam. A very special girl...” he answered. “Oh... I see... and this special girl... have you told her how you feel?” Uncle Sam asked. This time, Calvin shook his head. “I have not told her yet that I love her. I know she is in pain right now, and the only thing I could do is be by here side and help her through her heartache..." he said. Uncle Sam as he nodded his head. “But I hope you plan on telling her soon. If you wouldn't tell her right away, and if you hesitate, you might lose that chance. You might regret it in the end...” he said. “I know that Uncle, but I don't know how I will tell her. Not only did she just broke up with her boyfriend, I'm scared that she would turn me down. I know she only sees me as a friend, and nothing more. I have loved her for so long...”
“There's a big risk that you take when you tell that girl you love her. Your opening your heart to the possibilities of being broken. But it's worth the risk, trust me. If she does not accept your love, then face it. If you feel that you still love her despite the fact that she rejected you, then continue to love her even in silence.”

Uncle Sam smiled warmly at him again, and put his hand on his shoulder. “Trust me, son. Dont make the same mistake that I've done in the past. While you're still young, tell everyone you love how you feel, because when time passes and they have already gone, you will never have the opportunity again to tell them, and it will be too late.”

--

Calvin walked towards the beach, and he saw Kit standing and gazing at the sea. “Kit...” he called. She looked back at him and then smiled at him. He walked towards her, and then stood by her side. “You seem happy today...” he said. Kit nodded her head. “Thank you...” she said to him. Calvin gave her a confused look, wondering why she was thanking him. “Thank you because you agreed to be my date today.” she continued. “Oh, it's nothing... you know I would do everything to make you happy...” he said, smiling at her. Kit turned her gaze away from her and then watched over the sea. “Ever since we were young, you have always been there for me. You made me smile even though there's no reason to smile... you were the one who always looks after me. You protected me whenever I am in danger, and you were always there to be the shoulder that I could cry on. Thank you for all the things you have done for me...” she said. Calvin smiled, and then put his arm around her. “You have always been supporting me, and encouraging me. I should be the one thanking you. And, as your best friend, it's my pleasure to do all the things that I have done before.” he said. Kit nodded her head. “I know... I know...” she said.

As she looked at the see, her eyes began to be filled with sadness. “You have done so much for me... and it would be to much for me to ask you to love me. I know I couldn't ask you that anymore. After all, we made a pact of not falling in love with each other. I hope you could forgive me for loving you too much. I never realized I could love someone like this. Calvin, I love you more than you can imagine... I love you too much, that it's surprising me as well, because I never thought I could love you this much...” she thought. Calvin noticed the change in her expression, and this made him worried. “Kit, are you OK?” he asked. Kit smiled and nodded her head. “Of course I am. Maybe, I'm a little carried away with the whole wedding. I wish I could have a wedding as solemn as this one...” she said. She looked at him, and stared into his eyes. “I wish I could spend the rest of my life with you...” she thought. Calvin smiled at her. “I think we all did got carried away. Chun is already confessing her love to your cousin, which irritated her more. The worst thing is, Matthew seems to side Chun.” he said. Kit laughed at what he said.

“The truth is, there is something that I have learned from Uncle Sam's story. You should tell the people you love how you feel before it's too late...” Calvin said. “And now that you learned a lesson, what are you planning to do?” Kit asked. Calvin took a deep breath and smiled. “I realized he's right. I should not keep my feelings to myself...” he said. Then, he looked at her again. “Kit, I have decided...” he began. Kit listened to him, smiling as she waited for him to speak again. “I have decided to tell Joy how I feel...”

--

Then I realised I loved you more than I’ve imagined
It is only accidental that I miss you
Everytime I’m alone in the night
I analysed myself honestly

--

Upon hearing that, she felt her heart breaking into a million pieces. She was fighting the tears from falling her eyes, and she did her best to smile in front of him. “Oh...” she said. “T-that's great...” She turned her back on him so that he would not see her sadness. “Really? You know, I'm not really planning to tell her right away. Maybe in my own little ways, I could let her know that I love her. When I know that's she have moved on, and she's OK, I can court her. Do you think I stand a chance with Joy?” he said. “O-of course...” Kit said. “Any girl would want to have you as their boyfriend, Calvin. I-if you l-let Joy know that you really love her and that your i-intentions are real, I know that s-she would f-fall in love with you...” she said. Then, Calvin noticed that Kit has been stuttering. “Kit, are you OK?” he asked. “Yes, I am...” she answered.

She wiped the tear from her cheeks, and forced a smile on her face before facing him again. “I would approve of Joy for you. If she chose to love you, then I know she would love you with all her heart...” she said. “I know you would approve of her. After all, you two have gotten closer for the past few months. Don't worry, I won't make the same mistake that I did when I was with Trixie. Anyway, I'm confident that the two of you won't clash, since you two are very good friends.” he said. Kit just nodded her head. Even though Calvin have just told her his plans, she felt that she's going to lose him again, and this time, she's losing him completely to her friend. But she knows that this is what makes him happy, and there's nothing she could do to stop him from being happy. She just have to let him do what he wants to do, even if it's breaking her heart.

Calvin smiled and then hugged Kit. “Kit, thank you...” he said to her. “Thank you for always encouraging me. Thank you for understanding me. You're the greatest and I'm glad that you're my best friend.” he said. Then he looked at her and smiled. “Anything for you...” she said in a low voice. “You're going to help me with her, right? You would help with Joy?” he asked. Kit closed her eyes as she nodded her head. “I know you would...” she heard him say as he hugged her again. “I'll do anything for you...” she said silently. “Anything for your happiness...”

--

Kit was sitting at her favorite spot on the shore as she cried. She have always thought that she would be ready if Calvin finally decided to court Joy, but she was wrong. The pain that she is feeling now is equals to how much she loves him. She knows that she have no right to feel hurt or even jealous because she is just a best friend, but more than being a best friend, she is a girl in love with a guy that she could never have and she should never love. If only she knew that loving Calvin would hurt this much, then she should have heeded her heart from the start not to fall in love with her best friend.

“You're such a crybaby...” she heard someone say. She looked back, and saw Chun standing behind her. He walked towards her, and sat beside her. “You don't have to say what's the reason why you are crying, because I know who caused those tears. It's Calvin, isn't it?” he asked. Kit slowly nodded her head. “I know I should not cry for him, but I can't...” she said in a low voice. “Like the way that you love him even though you shouldn't?” he asked. Kit nodded her head again. “It hurts, Chun... it really hurts.. I thought all this time I'm ready for this kind of pain, but I never thought it would hurt this much...” she said. Chun looked at her, and then held her hand. “So, he finally told you his plans of courting Joy?” he asked. Kit paused, and then slowly looked up at him. “You... you know?”
“I have a hunch that he will court her, since shes free again. I have always known that he have a huge crush on Joy, and he was heartbroken when she and Jiro got together.”

He looked at Kit as she gazed into the sea. He could clearly see the pain and sadness in her face. “Why are you keeping your feelings to yourself? Let him know...” he said. Kit just shook her head. “I told you before, and I'm telling you once again. I'd rather keep my promise and break my heart. I loved Calvin too much, and if I lose him as a friend, I don't know what to do...” she said in a low voice. He put his arm around her, and let her rest her head on his shoulder. “If you would rather have your heart broken, then wouldn't it hurt to give someone a chance to mend it for you?” he asked. Kit looked up at him, confused. But all the Chun did was give him a warm smile.

--

Always waking up startled from my dream
That I still can’t deny
I loved you more than I’ve imagined

--

Danson walked over through the shore, and he saw Chun and Kit together. Chun looked at him, and smiled, then he stood up. He walked towards him, and then winked at him. “You're turn. I've made the introduction, it's up to you to tell her everything.” he said. Chun looked at Kit, and saw her standing up from where she was sitting. She gave them a confused look. “Remember what I said.” Chun said to her. Danson and Kit watched as Chun leaves. As soon as he is gone, Kit turned to Danson. “Is there something that you want to tell me?” she asked. Danson smiled shyly and nodded her head. “It's something that I've been wanting to tell you... but something's holding me back...” he began. He walked towards her, and then he looked down and held her hands. Then, he looked up at her and stared into her eyes. “Kit... we've been friends for so long. I'm glad that you gave me a chance to be closer to you. But, you can't blame me... you can't blame me if each day that I'm with you... each day that I'm with you, I'm thinking of not being your friend anymore...” he said. Kit was surprised at what he said. “D-did I anything wrong to you?” she asked. Danson let out a nervous laugh and shook his head. “No, you did not. Everything about you is perfect. Just perfect. And I liked you because of that...” he said. This made Kit even more confused. “Then, why don't you want to be friends with me?” she asked.

Danson paused. He lifted up his hand, and gently touched her cheek. “Kit, each day I am with you... my feelings for you have always changed. It grows stronger each day, and the more that time passes, the more that...” he paused again and shook his head. He felt like the words coming out of his mouth is not right. Most of all, he felt like Kit would not understand what he was saying. “It's just that I... I have learned.. I mean, I realized that...” He shook his head and then stared into her eyes again. “Kit, I love you.” he said. Then, Kit smiled. He was surprised, as he was expecting her to feel awkward because of his confession. “B-but I know that you are in love with someone else. I know that he will be the only one in your heart, and I understand that. I... I am not expecting anything from you, or even love me back. I just want to say that I love you, and ask you if I could continue loving you. I promise I won't ask anything from you. If you think that you only see me as a friend, then I accept that. If you won't give me a chance, I would understand.” he said.

Danson looked at her, as he waited for her to speak. She smiled at him again, and then gave him a hug. “Danson, thank you...” she whispered to her. “Thank you for understanding me... and I'm sorry that I could not love you the way that you do. I'm sorry that I can't give you a chance, because he have taken my heart completely...” she said. Then, she let her go and looked at him. “I hope you would understand that I could only offer you my friendship.” she said. Danson smiled and nodded his head. “B-but you will just let me love you silently?” he asked. Kit shook her head. “It would be unfair for you. You deserve to be happy and be loved in return.” she said. Danson smiled and shook his head. “No, it's not... if you think that you'll only hurt me, I'll be fine. I just want to love you, to continue loving you... will you give me that chance to love you?” he asked. Kit just stared at her for a long time, and then she nodded her head. “I... I don't want to be selfish anymore, Danson. I really don't want you to do this, but if its the only thing that could make you happy, then yes... I will let you love me...”
“I understand that you could not love me back. I really understand.”
“But you have to promise me... when you feel that I'm hurting you, you will let go...”
Danson smiled and nodded his head. Kit smiled, and then gave him another hug.

--

All this time, Calvin have been watching Kit and Danson. When he saw Kit hug Danson, he finally understood that Kit have given him a chance. He should be happy for his best friend, in the same way that she have been a while ago, when he told her that he decided to court Joy. But, he couldn't help but be sad. He's used to being the only guy in his life, but know, there's someone else that would be loving her. He admits, since the day Danson told him that he is in love with Joy, he felt mad and jealous. He was selfish when it comes to Kit, always wanting her time and attention, but he realized it's about time that he let her be happy. If she would be happy with Danson, then he should let her, and give her blessing to them.

“Best wishes... Kit...” he whispered. Then, he turned his back, and walked away from the beach.

--

It was already night time when they all headed home. Inside the van, Calvin was the only one remaining awake, while Ariel, Chun, Danson and Matthew were already snoring. Calvin smiled as he looked at them. Then, he looked at Kit, who was sleeping beside her. She was leaning to her seat, and he could tell that she's not comfortable with her position. Calvin sighed, and then he shook his head. He took Kit's head, and then let her lean on her shoulder. As she sleeps, she stared at her, just like what he used to do. Before the left the beach, Kit have told him that Danson already confessed his feelings for her, and she said that she's considering to give him a space in her heart.

“It won't be long before he will take my place completely. I know Danson will never hurt you, and that he'll take care of you. I wish all the happiness in the world, Kit...” he whispered to her. And just like before, when he watched her sleep, he reached down to her, and kissed her on the lips.