Finally Found

99 Paper Cranes (Completed)
“Are you sure you're going to be OK?” Jiro asked as he and Kit walked outside the house. Kit smiled at him and nodded his head. “I'm OK, Jay. Don't worry about me...” she said. “You can't blame me if I got worried about you. Calvin made you cry, and so...” he paused, and then took a deep breath. Then, he looked at her smiled. “I just don't want to see you cry. I don't to see you hurt, especially if the reason is Calvin...” he said. Kit looked up at him, and then she hugged him. “I... I never thought he's still mad at me because I stood you up 10 years ago... now I know why we can't tell Calvin about us.” he said in a low voice. “Maybe in time... we would be able to tell him about our love. He needs more time so that he could accept you...” Kit said. Jiro looked at her and nodded his head. “I promise, I'll do my best to gain his respect. I'll prove to him that he is wrong about me.”
“You promise to do that for me?”
“There's nothing I wouldn't do for you...”

Kit gave him a loving smile, and then hugged him again. “I love you, Jay...” she said. “Tell me that you love me...” she asked him. Jiro took a deep breath and smiled to himself. “I love you, Tin...” he whispered to her. “I love you till there are no more stars in the sky. I will love you until there are no more sands on the shore...”

--

“Wow, that's so sweet of Jiro!” Danson heard Hannah said on the other line. He told Hannah about Jiro's surprise for Kit that afternoon. “Yes, he is... but I can do better that that!” he said. He heard Hannah laugh at him. “Oh, really? You can't even tell Kit before that you like her, how would you be able to do the things Jiro did to surprise her?” Hannah asked. “I can do it. Just wait and see. I'll do better than Jiro.” he boasted. “Hmmm... seems to me that you have already moved on, huh?”
“Well... yeah... I realized I only like Kit as a friend.”
“So, is there someone else that you like.”
“Yeah...”

Then, he realized just what he told Hannah. “Oh ...” he thought. “It almost slipped my mouth!” he couldn't let Hannah know that he love her, for he wanted to tell her in person how he feels towards her. “Oh...” he heard her say. “Who is this unlucky girl?” she asked. Danson laughed nervously. “Oh... nothing... she's someone you don't know...” he said nervously. “Danson Tang! Either you will tell me now who that girl is, or I will not call you for the rest of my stay here in Vienna!” Hannah shouted at him. Danson flinched as she shouted at him. “Wei! Don't shout at me!” Danson told her. “And as if you can really stand not talking to me on the phone. I don't think so...” he said. “I can and I will...” Hannah warned him. Danson was alarmed at what she said. “Wait...wait... I'm just kidding. OK, I'll tell you about her... but I won't tell her name, OK?”
“Fine... I agree...”
Danson turn into a smile. “Well, she have a long hair, almond eyes, she doesn't play the piano, she's tall, she's very confident...” he said. He was describing Hannah, but he told her the opposite of Hannah's description. Hannah began to think who that girl is. “Hmmm... I don't know who she is...” she said. “Let's just call her.... Rainbow.” Danson said. “So, are you courting this girl now?”
“You bet I am!”
“Oh...”

Danson could hear the hurt in her tone. He smiled to himself again. “If you only knew that it's you...” he said. “T-that's great... really...” Hannah said. “I really like her, Hannah. I can tell that she likes me too. I think it's going to work this time.” he said. “W-well.. I wish you luck...” he heard her say. Then she fell silent. “Uh... Dannie, I think this call is getting expensive. I... I'll call you some other time, OK?” she said. Danson nodded his head. “OK. Take care of yourself.” he said.

Then, he looked at his phone, and then closed his eyes. “Ah... if you only knew that I love you, Hannah! I just can't tell you now because I want to tell it to you in person!” he said. He opened his eyes and was surprised that the call have not yet ended. He panicked at the thought that Hannah might have heard what he said. When he put the phone on his ear, he heard the busy tone, and he sighed with relief. “Whew.. that was close!” he thought.

What he didn't know was that Hannah was able to hear what he said. Hannah smiled to herself when he told her that he loves her. “I never thought that that Rainbow is me..” she said. She laughed silently at the petname he gave her. Then, she ended the call. “Hmmm... if you only knew that I love you too, Danson. Don't worry, I'll be seeing you in a few months' time...”

--

That night, Calvin could not sleep at all. He felt guilty for making Kit angry. Yes, he is selfish, and his selfishness is hurting him as well. Kit also deserves to be happy, and to be loved. He know he have to be happy for her, but how can he be happy now that his mortal enemy is back? He hated Jay since the first time Kit mentioned him. He hated the fact that she always tell stories of Jay before, and how she was too excited to see him. She was too excited to see Jay, that she barely noticed him before. When that summer came, and Jay didn't came, he was happy. He was happy that he forgot his promise to Kit, to meet her at the beach that summer. But, he's sad, for he saw Kit sad that time. It has always been like that – every summer, Kit would wait for Jay, and he will stay by her side, keeping her company. Finally, the day came that she gave up on Jay. He thought that when she gave him up, she would be able to forget him, but he was wrong. All this time, Kit have been in love with Jay. Guess there's nothing he could do, now that Jay is back.

He stood up from his bed, and then went to the window, which is facing Kit's room. From his window, he could clearly see Kit sleeping peacefully. He took a seat by the window, and watched her. “I'm so sorry, Kit...” he said to himself. “I just can't lose you to Jay. I am not ready to lose you. I'm sorry that I hated Jay... I hated him for taking you away from me. I hated him because...” he paused, and then he shook his head. That was a long time ago, and he managed to forget all about it. It would be better if he wouldn't bring back the past anymore, after all he have to keep his promise to her as well. He leaned over the window, and watched her as she sleeps. He smiled to himself as he watched her. It's been a long time since he last did this, and honestly, he missed this moment. Finally, he closed his eyes, and drifted into a dream. He fell asleep while watching over his best friend.

--

“Calvin!” she shouted at him. Kit ran after him, and soon after, she found herself in a deserted shore. “Calvin!” she shouted again. As she looked at the far side of the sea, she saw him walking away. “Calvin!” she shouted again, but he still did not bother to stop and heed her call. As she ran towards him, he faded. She looked around him, and then she saw Calvin by the sea. Afraid that he would drown, she same him. She was already in the middle of the ocean, when Calvin was gone again. She looked around the area, but he was nowhere to be found. Suddenly, she felt someone pulling her leg. She tried to resist and swim upward, but the pull was to strong. “Help!” she shouted. “Help! Calvin! Help me!” Then, she felt herself drowning...

“Calvin!” Kit shouted as she sat up on her bed. She slowly opened her eyes, and realized that it was just a nightmare. She looked outside the window, and saw Calvin turn his lights on. Then, she saw him took his plank, and the put it on her window. “What happened?” Calvin said as soon as he reached her room. Kit just looked at him and shook he head. “Just... just nightmare...” she said. Calvin sat on her bed, and brushed her hair. “Are you OK?” he asked. Kit nodded her head. Then, Calvin moved closer to her, and hugged her tight. “You... you don't need to be scared...” he whispered to her. “I am here... I am just here...” he whispered to her. Kit rested her head on his shoulder, and then hugged him. She closed her eyes and then let the tear fall from her eyes. She was frightened by that nightmare, for she thought it was all for real. “”Cal... can you stay with me? I... I'm scared and Jay's not here...” she said to him. Calvin felt his heart breaking upon hearing Jay's name again. “O... OK...” he said in a low voice. He let go of Kit, and then watched her as she laid down on her bed. He tucked her into her blanket, and then he lay on her bed. He brushed her hair as he watched her sleep. He smiled to himself, he was happy because he once again felt being needed by Kit. “Sweet dreams, Kit...” he whispered to her, before he closed his eyes to sleep.

--

The following week...

As soon as the bell rang, the students rushed out of the room. Kit was the last one to get outside, and she stepped out, she saw Jiro waiting for her. “Hey...” she said, smiling at him. Jiro looked at her, and smiled. “Princess...” he said. He walked towards her and then kissed her on her forehead. He put his arm around her and walked through the lobby. “How's Sunday with Calvin?” Jiro asked her. “It's OK. He just seem to be weird... when I came to their house last Sunday, he was looking through our old photos, reminiscing the old times. Then, we went to the park, and then talked about our childhood.” she said. Jiro laughed at what she said. “He seemed like a father reminiscing memories with the bride-to-be before the wedding.” he said. Kit laughed as well. “Well, he's not that dramatic as before... only now...” she said. Kit paused, and then faced him. “Now that you're back.” she said. Jiro smiled at her, but at the back of his mind, he felt guilty for taking most of Kit's time. He know how close the two are, and when they got together, Kit wasn't able to find time for Calvin just like before. “He must have really missed you...” he said. Kit just nodded her head. “Did you have the chance to tell him about us?” Jiro asked. Kit nodded her head. “I told him everything... from the time we met, to our dates... and I told him the surprise you gave me the other day.” Kit said. Jiro nodded his head upon hearing what she said. “So... he told you about him and Joy?” he asked. Kit paused again and then slowly nodded her head. “Y-yeah... he told me what they did on their 1st month together...” she said. She looked up at Jiro and saw him let out a faint smile. “And?”
“D-do... do you really want know?”
“I... I want to know...”

Kit turned her eyes away from Jiro. Each time that she thinks of what Calvin did for Joy, she feels hurt.
“H-he... he gave Joy a 99 roses and they told her that she is his hundredth rose.” she said. “Oh...” he said in a low voice. He could not deny to himself that he was hurt. He should have been in Calvin's place, giving Joy the roses, but he chose to let her go. Nevertheless, he was happy to know that Calvin is doing a good job making Joy smile. “That... that's sweet.” he said. Kit smiled and nodded her head. “I... I gave that suggestion...” she said. Jiro looked at her again, giving her a smirk. “So...” he said as he put his arm around her again. “Does that you want to receive a hundred roses from me?” he asked. Kit giggled and shook her head. “I just want to be serenaded again.” she said, winking at him. Jiro moved closer to her until their forheads touched. Then, he began to sing again.

Man man de zhe fen ai qiao qiao de zhu xia lai (Slowly, this love settles here silently)
Shen shen de zai xin lin mei ren kan de chu lai (Deeply, nobody can see it in the heart)
An jing de dan que yi zhi dou zai shi ni mo mo de ai (Silently, but this silent love have always been including you)

Kit smiled at Jiro. Jiro moved closer to her, but before he could kiss her on the lips, he felt someone bump into him, sepearating him from Kit. “Excuse me!” They both heard Chun and Danson say. Then, the two walked in between them. Kit was laughing at what the two did, and she laughed even more when she saw the angry expression on Jiro's face. “Wei! That was rude!” Jiro shouted at the two. Chun and Danson looked at each other, and then laughed. “Hey, we are doing you guys a favor.” Danson said. “We have to break the two of you before someone else could see you... especially if that someone is either Calvin or Joy.” Chun said. Jiro folded his arm and looked sternly at the two. “I don't care if they saw us.” he heard Kit said. Surprised at what they heard, Chun and Danson turned to Kit. “I think its about time that Calvin know about me and Jay.” she said. Jiro looked at Kit, happy at what he heard. “Are you sure? But... what if he still could not accept me?” he asked. Kit looked at him and smiled. “He have to be ready now. Besides, you'll be with me when I tell him, right?” she asked. Jiro smiled and nodded his head. “I'll be with you. I'll face him, so that I could prove to him that I'm worthy of your love.” Jiro said. Then, he embraced Kit.

“Can you stop it? You guys are just making me feel jealous.” Danson said, rolling his eyes at the two. Kit and Jiro looked at him and laughed. Kit stuck out her tongue at him. “Do you think it's not yet the right time for Calvin to know?” Chun asked. Kit looked at Chun and shook his head. “There's not better time for him to know, but now.”

--

Meanwhile, at the library

“Koochiepoo, can you help me with this?” Joy asked as she showed her notes to Calvin. Calvin just kept on staring at the book on his table, as if he is in his deep thoughts. Joy noticed that he's too spaced out. “Koochiepoo?” Joy called again, this time, she shook him. Calvin looked at her and smiled. It's as if someone have awaken him. “Yes, koochiepoo?” he asked. “You seemed spaced out. Anything wrong?” she asked. Calvin lied and shook his head. Joy looked at him closely and let out an evil smile. “You're lying!” she said to him. “See? Your nose is getting longer...” she joked. Calvin just laughed at what she said. “I'm sorry if I'm not paying any attention to you... it's just that something is bothering me...” he confessed. Joy smiled at him, and then she rested her head on her shoulder. “You can tell me what's bothering you...”
“It... It's Kit.”

Joy gave him a confused look. “What about Kit?” she asked. “I'm worried about her. I just learned that she's seeing someone...” he said. Joy got even more confused at him. “You mean, she's dating someone?” she asked. Calvin nodded his head. “She told me the guy's already her boyfriend.” Joy was surprised at what he said. “How come I didn't know that? Why is she keeping secrets from us?” she asked. Calvin let out a sigh before answering her. “It's someone I don't want her to date, that's why she kept it a secret.” he said. “So, the boyfriend is not Danson?” Joy asked again. Calvin shook his head again. “There seems to be a fall off between the two... I don't know. The two are acting really weird lately...”
“So, who is this guy that Kit is dating that she is not supposed to date? Is he your mortal enemy or what”
“Mortal enemy. I've hated him since we were kids.”
“Why would Kit date your mortal enemy, if she knows that you hate that guy so much?”
“Because Kit have always been in love with Jay since the first time they met.”

Joy paused when Calvin said the name 'Jay'. “Jay?” she asked again. Calvin nodded his head. She know that it's Jiro's childhood nickname. “Could... could Kit be dating Jiro?” she thought. She shook her head, erasing that thought. “There are a lot of Jays in the world... it could not be Jiro...” she said to herself. “If... if Kit is happy with this Jay, then you should be happy for her. Remember, she even asked me to set her up for dates before?” she said. “It's not the thing, Joy. I'm worried about her. What is Jay hurt her again just like before? What if he leaves her again? If he hurt Kit again, I swear I will never ever forgive him...” he said Joy held Calvin's hand and smiled at him. “If that Jay would hurt her again, you will be right there for her, right? You would be there for her just like before. We would be there for Kit, no matter what. You just have to assure Kit that you are he friend, and that she can always run to you.” she said. Calvin looked at her and smiled. He realized that Joy is right. Even if Jay hurt Kit again, he just have to assure Kit that she still have him as her bet friend. “Why am I so lucky to have you as my girlfriend?” he asked sweetly at her. Joy just giggled, and as Calvin put his arm around her, she rested her head on his shoulder. “Now, can you help me with my assignment?” she asked. Calvin smiled and nodded his head.

--

“Thanks for staying with me and Annie...” Kit said as she walked Jiro outside their house. Jiro paused and then looked at her. “Anything for you, princess. You know that I love it hanging out with your little sister.” he said. Kit smiled and nodded her head. “Annie's really fond of you, and I'm glad that you love my little sister as well.” she said. Then, she looked over at the Chen's house, and saw that Calvin's car is not yet there. “Calvin's still not home...” she said, turning to Jiro. “Maybe tomorrow, we can catch up on him and talk to him about us.” she said. Jiro nodded his head. “If I have to hang out here always just to catch on him, I'll do that.” Jiro said. Then, he held her hand, and then pulled her towards him. He embraced her tight. “I'm going to miss you tonight...” he whispered to her. Kit smiled upon hearing what he said. “We'll still be seeing each other tomorrow, you don't have to miss me...” she said. Jiro looked at her and smiled. “I miss you every time that we're not together...” he said. Kit felt herself blushing at what he said. Jiro is too sweet towards her, and he knows exactly what to say to make her feel special. “Aiyo, stop it already, Jay. You're making me blush...” she said. Then, she looked up at him and saw him smiling at her. “I love you, my princess...” he said to her. “I love you too, my prince charming...” she whispered. Then, he leaned over to her, and gave her a long kiss on the lips.

“What's the meaning of this?” they hears someone shouted. They looked up and saw Calvin walking towards them Kit could clearly see that he was confused at what he saw. “Jiro? Kit? What the hell is happening? Why are you kissing Kit, Jiro?” Calvin asked. He was confused as to what's happening, confused at why Jiro and Kit were intimate. “Is there something that I didn't know? Kit, I thought you're dating Jay?” Calvin asked. “Cal... let me explain...” Kit heard Jiro say. She looked up at him, and she felt him hold her hand. “Yes, you're right, Kit is dating Jay...” Jiro said. “Yes, I know she is. Now, can you tell me, why are you kissing my best friend?” Calvin asked again. Jiro closed his eyes, and then took a deep breath. As he opened his eyes, he looked into Calvin's eyes. “Calvin... I am Jay.” Jiro finally said.

Calvin felt all of his blood rushed up to his head due to anger. He clenched his fist, then, turned his back and closed his eyes. Of all people, why does Jiro have to be Jay? Why does it have to be his girlfriend's ex-boyfriend? And most of all, why does his best friend have to be the cause of Joy's heartbreak? He could not accept that Jiro is Jay, and most of all, he could not accept Jay as of this very moment. He still hated him. He hated him taking away his best friend, for making Kit wait and cry in the past. Then, he turned to face Jiro again. Jiro could see how mad he is at what he have learned. “Calvin, I'm telling you this because I want to prove to you how much I love Kit. I know you hate me because of the thing I have done in the past...” Jiro said to him. “Hell, yes... I hate you so much, Jay. I hated you...” he said. Then, he walked towards him, and then punched him on the face. Kit was surprised at what Calvin did. Kit threw a worried look at Jiro as he fell on the ground. “Jay!” she shouted. She rushed to him, and helped him up. Jiro wiped the blood from his mouth, and then looked up at Kit. “I'm OK, Tin... don't worry about me...” he said to her. Then, Kit turned to Calvin, giving him a furious look. “What did you do that for, Calvin? Why did you have to hurt Jay?” she shouted angrily at him. Calvin stepped back, shocked at the way Kit reacted. He have never seen Kit this mad before. He watched as Kit helped Jiro to stand up. “You know I hate him, Kit... I hate Jay so much. Why didn't you gave me enough time before you let me know that this bastard is Jay?” he said, pointing at Jiro. “There's no other time but to tell you now, Calvin...” Kit said as he looked into his eyes. “I love Jay. I am with him now, and you have to accept that.” she said in a low voice.

Calvin was taken aback by what she said. “Kit...” he said in a low voice. “Jiro... he hurt you before when he made you wait... he hurt Joy because he could not forget his past... I... I can't believe... I can't believe that after all this time, after all that have happened... you will still chose him...” he said. Kit slowly nodded his head. “I am happy with Jay now, Calvin. I... I don't care what happened in the past...” she said. Calvin glared at her. “And Joy? You don't care about how would she feel? Aren't you guilty that you are the reason why Jiro broke up with her?” he shouted at her. Kit slowly shook her head. She could feel the hot tears forming at the corner of her eyes. “Joy already have the heart of the man I love... do you think she should be the one feeling guilty for breaking my heart? For stealing my dream away?” she thought. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before answering his question. “I don't care anymore, Calvin...” she said. She opened her eyes and looked at him. “I am happy now, Calvin. I just hope you would be happy for me as well...”

--

“I heard what happened...” Chun said as he saw beside Calvin the next day at the bleacher. Calvin didn't bother to look up at him, instead, he just shook his head. “Don't start, Chun... just don't start...” he said in a low voice. Chun let out a chuckle as he shook his head. “I have already begun, Calvin. Look, you can't stay mad at Kit just because you found out that Jiro is Jay, and Kit is Tin, who caused Joy's heart ache before. Does it ever occur to you that maybe she also have the right to be happy, after all the things she have gone through?” he asked. Calvin gave him a confused look. “What do you mean?” he asked. “She have been though a lot, Calvin. From the time you got mad at her and sided Trixie, until this time that you have been neglecting her because of Joy. Don't you think that she also deserves to be happy, after all the times that she was there by your side, helping you in each and every way she could? Don't you think you're being too selfish? From what I'm seeing, between the two of you, it's her that always gives, and you always take what she gives you. She wanted you to be happy, and did every possible way to make you happy... and it seems to me that you want to be happy while you want her to suffer in silence...”
“But the fact still remain that I hate Jay...”
“But can you find it in your heart to accept the truth? Jiro obviously did a good job keeping her happy. I've never seen her more happier. Can you at least give Jiro the credit for that?”

Calvin looked at Chun and sighed. “I could not forgive him. He made Kit cry before... he made Joy cry as well. He is the reason why Kit can't -” then he paused, and looked away from him. “That what?” Chun asked. “That Kit could not see you as you see her before?” Calvin looked at him, unable to believe what Chun have said. “I can't accept that it's my best friend who caused all of this chaos...” Chun just smiled at him, and patted his back. “All I know is that everything have a reason... why all of these things are happening now. For now, we just have to accept things as they are...”

--

“Should we worry about them?” Danson asked Chun. Chun smiled and shook his head. “The love story has just began, Danson...” he said. “Obviously all of them are bound for heartache. As their friends, all we can do is be there for them and advise them. That's all...” he continued. Danson smiled and nodded his head. “How do you see this love story end? Is it going to be a sad one or a happy one?” Danson asked again. Chun just shrugged his shoulder. “I don't know...” he said. “All I know is that the leaf have finally departed from the tree, and was taken away by the strong wind. I have a feeling that it's the same strong wind that will take the leaf back to the tree it has loved.”