Long Vacation Part 4 – With You

99 Paper Cranes (Completed)
“Hey, where is Danson?” Chun asked. An hour ago, Jiro asked Danson to bring Hannah back to their room, as she was already drunk. “I don't know...” Jiro said, shrugging his shoulder. “Maybe, he and Hannah already...” before Chun could finish his sentence, Joy smacked him in the head. “ert!” she shouted at him. “Danson's a real gentleman. He won't take advantage of Hannah.” she continued. Chun rubbed his forehead and then glared at Joy. “Why didn't you let me finish. Maybe he and Hannah are already asleep. You are so malicious, Joy...” he said. Kit and Calvin just laughed at them. “Wei, if you want, let's check on them. Let's see if they're already asleep...” Calvin suggested. All of them agreed.

They all went inside and then peeked inside the boy's room. They were surprised that the room is empty. “Where's Danson?” Jiro asked. He looked at Joy, and saw her peeking inside their room. She was grinning from ear to ear, as if she discovered that Santa Claus is real. Curious, all them looked inside the room. “Oh....” all of them said in unison. They saw Danson sleeping beside Hannah, his right arm under Hannah's head. The two were facing each other as they slept. “This is a Kodak moment...” Chun said, looking at Jiro. Jiro smiled, and took the digicam from his back pocket. He tiptoed to the end of the bed, and took pictures of them together. While he did, the four were trying to suppress their laughter.

“Hey, aren't you jealous of Hannah?” Calvin asked Kit as soon as they got out of the room. Kit smiled at him and shook her head. “No reason to be jealous of her...” she said. “Well, I think there is. Hannah's getting closer to Danson. Aren't you scared she'll steal him away from you?”
“No, I'm not scared. Besides, if Hannah and Danson will be together in the future, I'll be happy for them.”
“Do you think they're falling for each other?”
“I don't know. It's too early to tell. I guess they're just enjoying each other's company...”
Both of them sat on the couch. Calvin put his arm around Kit as he leaned. He's still wondering if Danson had a change of heart. He knew he is in love with his best friend, but he found him with Hannah in his arms. “Did Danson told you anything yet?” he asked Kit. Kit looked at him and shook his head. “What should he tell me?” she asked. He paused, contemplating whether he would tell about Danson's feeling towards her or not. In the end, he decided to let Danson confess his love for Kit. “Oh, nothing. If there is, it should be Danson that should be telling you that...” he said. Kit smiled as he looked down. “I know...” she said in a low voice. Calvin gave her a confused look. “You know?” he asked. Kit smiled and nodded her head. “Danson's in love with me, right?” she said. Calvin was surprised at what she said. Then she looked up at him again. “I knew from the start that he is. He is perfect, really... but I only see him as a friend... there was a time that he tried to confess his love for me, but I stopped him... because I don't want to hurt him. I just can't accept his love...” she said. “There is really someone else... and it's still him, right?” Calvin asked, pertaining to Jay. Kit nodded her head. “It will always be him.” she answered.

He felt jealous with Kit's confession to him. He doesn't know why he was always jealous of Jay whenever Kit speaks of him. “You would never see him again, Kit. Better give Danson a chance...” he said. “You really didn't like him, and I don't know why...”
“Why is it still him?”
“I don't know. I guess it's not always that a nine-year old girl would find her first love... at the right place... at the right time...”
“And you think he also feels the same?”
“I know. I felt his heart that moment.”
Calvin became silent. Now, he knew the reason why he have always been jealous of Jay – he had Kit's heart since they were kids. He was the other boy that came into her life after him, and he was not just a childhood friend, he is a childhood sweetheart.

--

“Are you sure you'll be OK sleeping here in the den?” Joy asked as she handed Kit her blanket. “I'll be OK, and besides, I don't want to disturb Danson and Hannah anymore.” she said. Joy smiled as she nodded her head to her. “OK, if you need anything I'll be at the boys' room.” Joy said. She said goodnight to Calvin and Kit and then went inside the room. They both laid down on the floor after Calvin turned off the lights. Both of them were silent, and Calvin thought that Kit was already asleep. Beneath the darkness, he stared at the face of the girl beside her. He smiled to himself, happy that he is here with her. He missed these kind of moments, where they would be sleeping beside each other, and while he trying to get some sleep, he would stare at her.

He doesn't want to be unfair to Kit, and he wanted to be happy for her as well. Call him selfish, but the thought that Kit liked someone and Danson being in love with her just makes him a green-eyed monster. Guess he was used to be the only guy in Kit's life, and he have to ready himself in case she would decide one day to give Danson a chance, or if she and Jay would be together in the future. He wanted the best for his best friend, and he wanted her to be happy. He wished that whoever it is that Kit would give her heart to, he would take care of her like he have always done.

He reached for her face, and brushed her hair with his fingers. “You really like doing this, huh?” he heard Kit said. “You're not yet asleep?” he asked. “I was watching you staring at me.” she said, and then she let out a faint smile. “Hey, Calvin. Don't tell me you've fallen for me...” she teased. “Of course not... didn't we promised that -”
“Yeah, yeah... we promised not to fall for each other since we're like brothers and sisters... can't you take a joke? Why are you being so defensive?”
Then, she heard Calvin laugh a little. “I'm sorry for staring at you... guess I just missed doing this...” he said apologetically. “I don't know if I could still do this in the future, especially when you got yourself a boyfriend...” he continued. “Of course, we could still do this, but not as often...”
“I was wondering what kind of guy would you give your heart to... I mean... if he would be sweet and nice, or if he would be a heart breaker...”
“Well, whoever he is, he have to go through you first. You should approve of him, because you know what's the best for me.”
Calvin smiled to himself upon hearing that. “Tell me, what's your ideal guy?” he asked. “My ideal guy? Hmmm... he should be smart, athletic, cheerful.... he have this really cute smile that could brighten up my day. He always says the right thing... He should have those almond eyes that I would not get tired of staring into, and he will only have his eyes on me. Most of all, he would always protect me... he would take care of me... someone who would only give me tears of joy...” she said. “Hey, that sounds familiar...” Calvin said. Kit just smiled at him “Yeah, come to think of it... my ideal guy should be someone like my best friend...”

--

The sun's rays entered the window, and slowly, Hannah and Danson opened their eyes. “Good morning...” Hannah said to Danson, then she closed her eyes to sleep some more. Then, it sinked in to her. She spent the night sleeping in Danson's arm. This time, she opened her eyes again, and saw Danson smiling at her. “Good morning, sleepy head.” he said. Hannah immediately sat up from the bed. She checked on herself, and was relieved to see herself still in clothes. Danson sat up and smirked at her. “Hey, I didn't you or anything, OK?” he said. Hannah looked up at him and gave him a confused look. “W-what... what happened last night?” she asked nervously. “You were drunk last night, so I carried you here to let you sleep. When I was about to go back, you held my hand to stop me and then you begged me not to leave you.” he explained. Hannah could not believe what he said. “I... I did?” she asked again. Danson nodded his head. Then, he rubbed his right arm. “Geez, your head his awfully heavy, I must say...” he complained. “And you were crying while you were sleeping. You were begging me to stay... I was waiting if you would eventually confess your love for me. I would've called Calvin if you did.” Danson said. Hannah took a pillow and began to hot him. Danson covered himself with his hand as Hannah hit him. “Hey... what did I say?” he asked, trying to stop her from hitting him. “Stop it, Hannah!” he said to her. Hannah stopped and glared at him. “Are you sure nothing happened between us?” she asked again. “I am 100% sure... and besides, you're not even my type, OK?” he said. “How can I be sure? You made out with some girl at a bar... how sure am I that you didn't do anything to me?” Hannah asked again. Danson just rolled his eyes at her. “Please, Hannah. I'm not a ert. And besides... that girl... well... she...” then he paused and looked up at her. “Why do I have to explain to you?!” he exclaimed. Hannah rolled her eyes at him, and smirked. “I don't know about you. You should be explaining to Kit, and not to me. As if I care...” she said, crossing her arms.

Danson moved closer to her, and looked into her eyes. Then, he smirked at her. “Are you jealous?” he asked in a husky. Hannah raised an eyebrow at him. “Why should I be jealous? Like a have a crush on you, duh?” she said. “Why are you being snotty?”
“Don't I have the right to be snotty from time to time?”
“I think you're jealous. So, am I your crush now, huh?”
“Puh-leaze, Danson. I don't like guys who are erts.”
“Calvin's a ert sometimes...”
“But he isn't like you you just a grab a girl and made out with her!”
“Wei! I'm just being friendly, OK?”
“Being friendly that you have to kiss her?”
“You're jealous...”
“No, I'm not... and why are you explaining to me?”
Danson opened his mouth to speak, but he could not answer back to Hannah. “Wei, you're bullying me now!” he said to her. Hannah smirked at him. “Oh, am I?” she said. Danson grabbed Hannah and pull her to him. Then, he began to tickle her sides. Hannah tried to break free from Danson, but he was too strong for him. “Stop it, Danson!” she said in between laugh. “No way! After you bully me?” he said, still tickling her. Hannah was able to break free from her by pulling her arms, but her pull was too strong, that both of them fell on the bed. She found Danson on top of him, staring into her eyes again.

“Sleepy heads, it's time to... Whoa!” they heard someone said. They looked at the door and saw Chun standing by the door. They just looked at him, and when they realized that he caught them in an awkward position Danson stood up from the bed. “OK... I'll pretend I didn't see that... scratch that. I'll pretend that I saw you guys playing wrestling...” Chun said. “Yeah... nothing happened... really...” Hannah said, turning her eyes away from Danson. Chun smirked at the two, and crossed his arms. “So, who won?”

--

“Are you sure you really have to go home?” Kit asked as she walked Calvin to his car. Calvin paused and smiled at her. “I really have to, Kit. I was supposed to go home last night, but I really want to spend some more time with you...” he said to her. Kit nodded her head, and gave him a faint smile. Calvin noticed the change of expression in her face. He put his arm around her, and lifted up her chin. “Hey, we'll be seeing together later when you get home this afternoon. I have to go home early so that Trixie would won't suspect a thing. Promise, I'll cancel my date with Trixie so that we could hang out together...” he promised. Kit shook her head. “You don't have to do that. Just call me when you get home, OK?” she said. Calvin nodded his head and got inside the car. She waved at him as he drove away, and watched him until his car is no longer in sight.

“I'm glad you and Cal's OK now...” she heard someone say. She looked back and saw Jiro walking up to her. “He didn't have to leave early you know...” he said. “He had to. He have a date with Trixie tonight...” Kit explained. “I really don't know about you guys... everyone knows you've been best friends since birth, why do you have to keep from everyone that you and Cal's OK now?” he asked. “We have to... I don't know what Trixie's up to next. I'm just being careful this time that Calvin won't be mad at me again...”
“Well, if he really is your best friend, he should defend you from his girlfriend if she did anything to you. I just didn't like the way he treated you before... he was being such a jerk...”
“I know... I really have no plans of forgiving him, but he made an effort to make peace with me, so I decided to give him a chance. Anyway, since we were kids, this is the second major fight we had...”
Jiro gave Kit a confused look. “Second major fight? What's the first major fight?” he asked. Kit laughed as she remembered the time that she and Calvin fought for the first time. “Oh... it was after summer vacation. He was sent to his grandma that time, while I stayed with my cousins at their resort. I met a little boy that time, and became really close to him. Whenever Calvin calls me, I would tell him about this little boy. He was really jealous, and thought that I would replace him as my best friend. He didn't talk to me for the next three months because of that.” Kit explained. Jiro laughed at what she said. “Wow, so Calvin's a very jealous and possessive friend, huh?” he asked. Kit nodded her head. “Up until now, when I speak the name of that boy, he would really get mad.” she said. “Well, I never thought Calvin could be like that. If he could be protective of his friends, then he would be really protective of his girlfriend...” he said. Kit nodded in agreement. “I could understand why he sided with Trixie that time. But his fault was, he didn't listened to my side of the story.” she said. Jiro smiled at her, and then put his arm around her shoulder. “Well, at least it's all water under the bridge now... all that matters now is that he apologized to you and you have forgiven him. After this storm, you know that no matter what happened, your friendship would stand still.” he said.

--

It was afternoon, and everyone was getting ready to go home. Danson entered their room after he took a shower, and he saw Chun laughing at some pictures on the digicam. “Hey, it's your turn. And hurry up, will you?” he said to him. Chun looked up to him, and then smiled devilishly at him as he looked at him from head to toe. He was dripping wet, and he was only wearing a towel on his waist. Danosn noticed how Chun looked at him, so he glared at him. “And I thought you were not gay anymore...” he said. Chun just laughed at him. “Well, if I would see you everyday like that, I would reconsider...” he said in a gaish tone. Danson took a pillow and threw it at him. “Hey, I'm just kidding.” Chun said. “Go and take a shower, will you?” Danson shouted at him. Chun stood up from the bed and then headed to the door. He paused and looked at Danson flirtatiously. “Won't you join me, lover boy?” he asked in a gayish tone. Danson smacked his head, which made Chun rush outside the room.

He put on his clothes, and then sat on the bed to wear his shoe. As he sat, he saw the digicam on the bed. Curious, he took it and decided to see the pictures. There were pictures of them inside the van, while swimming, and while they were drinking around the bonfire. He even saw the pictures of him with Jiro and Chun, on the bed. He laughed as he looked at the picture. He pressed on the next button, and he saw the picture of him sleeping beside Hannah. He stared at that picture for a while, zooming it in to see Hannah's face closely. He smiled to himself, realizing how pretty she is. She could be much prettier than Joy and Kit, or even Trixie. She's much prettier without her glasses on. All that Hannah have to do is fix herself, have a makeover. Bet if she did, she would attract a lot of guys, but then again, he like Hannah as she is. He like her being humble, and naiveness, her innocence, and her being shy, especially when Calvin's around. He like her when she smiles, when she pouts at him, and when she get mads at him when he bullies her.

“Ooohhh... lover boy's in love...” he heard someone said. He turned around, and he saw Chun beside him. “Wei!” he shouted at him. “Wei your face. You've been staring at that picture for a long time. Are you falling for Hannah?” Chun asked. Danson paused, and then looked at Hannah's picture again. Is he really falling for her?

--

Kit came home late afternoon. As he entered her room, her phone rang. She put her bag on the table, and then picked up the phone. “Hello?” she said. “Look outside your window...” she heard then person on the other line said. She looked outside, and she saw Calvin smiling at him. He waved at her, and she smiled at him, walking towards the window. “Wei... you missed me already?”
“I did...”
“I thought you have a date with Trixie?”
“I told told you I'll cancel it. Hey, can I come over?”
“Sure...”

She watched Calvin as he took something from his room. She was surprised to see him holding a long wide plank. She laughed as he watched him struggle to get the plank to her window. Good thing her bedroom window is only a four meters away from his. Then, he got out of the window, and balanced himself on the plank to get to her room. “Why do you have to do that?” she asked him as soon as he jumped inside her room. “Well, its the fastest route to get here...” he said. Kit just laughed at him. Then, Calvin took her hand. “I'm smelling Auntie Jin's famous cookies. Lets go down, I'm hungry.”