Bound for Heartache

99 Paper Cranes (Completed)
“Tin, what happened?” Jiro asked Kit when he met her after school that afternoon. He noticed her eyes were red and swollen as walnuts, as if she cried the whole afternoon. Kit gave him a faint smile, and shrugged her shoulder. “Nothing... you shouldn't worry about me...” she said. “But your eyes...” Jiro said. “It... it's nothing... I... I just had a little allergy or something...” she lied. “You're always making me worried, do you know that?” Jiro said in a worried tone. She looked up at the man before her, and then, she hugged him, burying her face on his chest. Jiro was confused at her. “Is there something wrong, Kit?” he asked. Kit looked up at him and shook her head. “I... I just missed you, that's all...” she said. Jiro smiled at her and then lovingly kissed her on her forehead. “I love you...” he said to her. Kit released herself from his embrace, and turned away from him. Whenever she looks in his eyes and see his love for her, she feels guilty. Sooner or later, Jiro will find out what have happened, and if that day comes, she knows his heart would break as well. She was wishing she could keep everything to herself to save him from the heartache. She only have Jiro now, and if she loses him because of her mistake, she could not bear it anymore.

“Tin...” she heard him call again. She looked up at him and saw the confused look on his face. “I could feel something is wrong, but you're not telling me. Is is Calvin? Did you guys fought again?” he asked. Kit shook her head to lie. “Nothing's wrong, Jiro. Maybe, we did have a little fall off, but I'm doing my best to make up with him.” she said. Jiro held her hand, and then looked into her eyes. “I don't like seeing you like this. You used to be happy and cheery... but now... all I can see in your eyes is loneliness. It made me feel like you're not happy with me anymore...” he said. Kit shook her head. “No... no... Jay... you know how much I'm happy when I'm with you. Maybe I'm just feeling a little jittery with all the things that's happening to us.” she said. Then, she paused and look up at him. “Jay, do you really love me?” she asked. Jiro smiled and nodded his head. “I do. I really do...” he said. “Then, can you do me this little favor?” Jiro nodded his head again, and waited for her to speak. “Let's get married. Right after this semester, let's get married. I... I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. Can you do that favor for me?” she said. She looked at him with full hope, wishing he would agree to her. Jiro did not disappointed her, as he smiled and nodded his head. “Let's get married soon, if that's what you want.”

--

Celestine sat on one of the chairs near the glass window of the cafe. She was patiently waiting for someone – someone that she never expected to call her that morning. She glanced as her watch again. Obviously, she is running late, and she's just wasting her time. She took her bag, and was about to leave, when she finally came. Celestine looked up at her and smirked. “And I thought you won't come anymore...” she said. She smirked at her as well. “I never thought you would come.” she said. Celestine leaned back on her chair, and watcher as she took her seat. “You hated me to the bones. You made me wonder why you called me... and I know this is all about Jiro, right?” she asked. The girl just nodded her head. Celestine sighed, and then looked outside the window. “I heard he found her... Tin... I do hope they're happy now...” Celestine said. “Honestly, they are getting married. I don't know... maybe soon...” she heard the girl said. Celestine looked at her and smiled. “Seems like he didn't want to let her go this time, huh? I can't believe Jiro would do that... this soon...” she said, shaking her head. Then, she looked at the girl in front of her. “How are you taking it?” she asked. “I have to accept it. I can see how much Jiro loves her. Too bad... I don't think she feels the same way for him.”
“You mean to say, maybe Tin does not love Jiro?”
“How can she love Jiro if she have fallen in love with her best friend.”

Celestine laughed at what she heard. “So, this is the karma for Jiro... for not being able to love us because of Tin... poor thing...” she said. “That's why I called you. I know how much you love Jiro. I want you to break them apart.” she said. Celestine paused, and gave her a wondering look. “Why should I do that?”
“Because you still love Jiro. He does not deserve that girl after all.”
“Why don't you do it? You love Jiro to the bits...”
“I am with someone now. Someone who loves me more than him.”
Celestine just nodded her head. “Lucky you to find him...” she said. “And he is the reason why I'm doing this, Celestine. I really didn't want to see you for this, but I was forced to do this. I know you can break Tin and Jiro apart... after all, you have done that to us, right?” she said. Celestine leaned to her chair, folding her arms as she smirked at her. “Why do I have this feeling that you hate this Tin so much...” she asked. The girl just let out a smirk. “Because Tin stole Jiro from me...” she said. “And, she is in love with my boyfriend... who turned out to her best friend.”

--

Calvin took a sigh as he stood backstage. He looked at the paper in his hand, reviewing the possible argument for their debate competition that afternoon. He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. He could not hid that he is getting nervous with the competition. “Hey, Calvin the great!” he heard someone call. He looked back, and saw Chun walking towards him. Calvin smiled at his friend. “Hey, Chun...” he said. “Getting nervous already? Don't be. You can beat the hell out of Jiro's team... I tell you.” he said. Calvin just smiled and nodded his head. He looked at the paper he is holding again. Chun noticed that he have been sighing, and his hands are trembling. “Maybe, you need your lady love to take the nervousness away...” he said. Calvin shook her head. “I didn't ask Joy to come backstage. I'll only be more nervous if I see her. I just need something... I don't know...” he said. Chun gave him a confused look. “You didn't want to see Joy, but you asked me to come here? You're so weird.” he said, shaking his head. Then, Calvin extended his right hand to him. Chun looked at it for a while, then he took his hand and shook it. “Aiyo! I didn't ask you to shake my hand!” Calvin said in annoyance as he took his hand away. “Sorry... what do you want me to do?” Chun asked. Calvin just shook his head. “Nothing... just thought you could massage my hand to help me calm down, but obviously, you're not helping me.” he said. Chun let out a smirk. “It's something that the girlfriend should do, not me. Or, if the girlfriend is not around, the best friend should do this. Kit might be on the other side, cheering on Jiro, but I'll go get her.” Chun said.

Calvin looked at him, and before he could go, he stopped him. “No!” he shouted. Chun paused, then looked at him, confused at his reaction. “You don't want to see Kit as well?” he asked. Calvin nodded his head. “Not now. She's the last person I want to see.” Chun sighed, and then he put his hand on his waist. “Man, what's going on with you two? You guys fought again? You should resolve it soon, you know. I hate seeing you guys like this.” he said. Calvin looked away from him and turned to the paper in his hand. “I'll explain it to you later... It's a very complicated thing.” he said. “But nevertheless, you need Kit right now. I bet she's the only one who could take away all the anxiety you're feeling right now. I bet her mere touch on your hand can sooth away all the fears you are feeling right now. Admit it, you need Kit. You badly needed her...” Chun said. Calvin looked up at him and glared at him. “I don't Kit. Not anymore.” he said in a firm tone. Chun just smirked and shrugged his shoulder. “Fine. If you say so... good luck to you.” he said before turning to leave.

Calvin watched Chun as he leaves. He hates to admit it, but Chun's right. At this very moment, he needed Kit. He needed her attention. He needed her to massage on his right hand to clam him down. He wanted to hear those words of encouragement from her, and her little jokes. He's missing his best friend, but there's nothing he could do now. He have pushed her away, and because of what he have done, have put a large distance between them. It was hurting him more. Yes, Kit's actions have hurt him, but it was more of his actions that was breaking his heart. Because of what he have done and said to Kit, he only pushed her to Jiro. Now, the two are set to get married right after the semester. He looked at the other side of the stage, and from that side, she could see Kit coming up to Jiro. He saw as he looked at her lovingly, and kiss her on her lips. He could almost hear those words of encouragement and good luck that she was telling him. That moment as he watched them, he badly wanted to be in Jiro's place. If he could give up everything for one thing, he would ask for Kit's attention, even for just a short while. He wanted his best friend back, right at this very moment.

--

Calvin tapped his pencil nervously, then looked up at Jiro. In a few minutes, it will be his turn to say his argument. He took a deep breath, and then he threw one last look at the paper in his hand. “Thank you.” he heard Jiro say. He watched Jiro as he took his seat. He's getting nervous now, as it will be his turn. Then, his team mate, Jason, nudged him. “Your turn, Chen...” he said. Calvin looked at him and nodded his head. He adjusted the microphone in front of him, and then began to speak. “I firmly believe that today's technology is not getting in the way of the of our tradition. Technology is in fact enriching it.” he began with his speech. It was going well, until the corner of his eye caught Kit sitting at the far corner of the auditorium. He paused for a while, staring at her lone figure at that corner. She was not looking at him as he speaks, and her head was hanging low. He doesn't know if Kit was paying attention at his speech or not. He cleared his throat several time, but it didn't help him much, for he stutters as he speak. Whenever he looks at her, he seems to forget what he was about to say, making him look and read the notes in his hand. “T-that would be all. Thank you.” he said, ending his speech.

He leaned on his chair, and took a deep breath. He looked at Jason, and saw him shook his head in dismay. During the debate and the argument, Calvin was trying his best to prove his argument, but Jiro would always have a good rebuttal for him. In the end, his team mates where the one who would argue with the the other team, while he just seated silently, admitting his defeat to his biggest rival. From time to time, he would in, but his argument is irrelevant to their topic, and Jason would glare at him every time he could not answer the other team's questions. In the end, Jiro's team won the debate. They were also delegated to be the university's representative for the Intercollegiate debate that will happen the next school year.

“Why did you let them pulverize us, Calvin? We had our hopes high on you, Chen!” Jason told him right after the debate. Calvin just lowered his head. It was his fault that they lost, because he wasn't focusing on the debate. “I'm sorry...” he said in a low voice. “Your sorry is useless now. We already lost to the other team.” Jason said before he left Calvin alone. He looked down the stage, and at the corner, he saw Kit come up to Jiro. She put her arms around him, and then gave him a kiss on the lips. He could see how happy she is that Jiro's team won. “Why do I always lose to you, Jiro Wang?” he thought. “First, I lost to you with Joy. Then, you won as Class Rep last year, while I lost this year when I ran... I lost to you in this debate, and most of all, I lost to you again because of Kit? I can be a better man than you, but you always get everything...”

As he looked away from them, he saw Chun coming up to him. “Why don't you go and congratulate Jiro.” he said as he walked towards him. “I don't think it's needed.” Calvin said. Chun smirked and shook his head. “Of course, it is. Be sports, OK?” Chun said. As Calvin looked back, he saw Kit and Jiro walking up to him. “Hey, Cal...” Jiro said, smiling at him. “It was a great debate. Congratulations to you as well.” Jiro said. Calvin let out a faint smile and nodded his head. “Congratulations on your team.” Calvin said. He looked at Kit, but she turned away from Calvin. She was avoiding her looks. “Are you hating me now, Kit? Are you hating me because of the things I have said the last time?” he thought. Although he have regret saying those things, there's nothing he could do now for he have broken her heart. He watched her as she looked up at Jiro and smiled. “Jay... you promised me and Danson that if your team won, you would treat us out, right?” Kit said. Jiro looked at the girl beside him, and smiled. “Of course. I'll treat you guys out later, OK?” he said. Kit smiled and nodded her head. Then, Jiro turned to Chun and Calvin. “Hey, you guys should go with us, OK?” he said. “Well, it's free, expect me to be there. How about you, Calvin?” Chun said as he looked at Calvin. He just shook his head. “Joy and I have plans after school.” he said. “I understand. Be sure to catch up with us later, OK?” Jiro said. Calvin smiled and nodded his head. He looked at Kit again, but she was avoiding his eyes. “I... I have to go...” Calvin said. He didn't wait for anyone of them to speak, as he immediately left them. Chun was baffled with the way Calvin is acting. “What's wrong with him?” he asked. He looked at Kit, and saw him turning away from him. “Something is definitely wrong with those best friends...” Chun thought. “And I need to find out.”

--

“What's wrong? Why do I feel there is a fall off with the two?” Chun asked Danson as soon as they were alone that afternoon. He heard the guy beside him sigh, and he took his gaze away from him. “She have been out for almost a week, and now that she's back, I feel there is something wrong going on. You have to tell me, Danson.” he asked again. “He found out...” Danson said in a low voice. “He found out all about her secret...”

Silence.

Chun leaned on his chair as he took a deep breath. He brushed his hair away from face. “I... I can't believe this happened so soon... How... how did he found out? How did he take it?” he asked again. Danson looked at him, and began to tell him what have happened. He told Chun how Calvin found out that Kit was the paper crane girl. He told Chun how Calvin reacted, his fury the moment he found out Kit's secret. He told him how Calvin ended their friendship, despite Kit's pleas. Danson told him that Kit chose their friendship instead of her love for him, but he won't listen. He told him how Kit have been depressed for a week because of what happened. He told him the last confrontation they had, and how Joy found out all bout it. He told him, how Joy could not forgive Kit for stealing Jiro from him and for falling in love with her best friend.

As he listened, Chun clenched his fist in anger. “That bastard....” he said in anger. Chun looked at him, and Danson could clearly the anger registering in his face. “Kit does not deserve him. He have no right to hurt her like this. The only mistake she did is fall in love with him...” he said. Danson slowly nodded his head, agreeing to what he said. “We can't do anything now, but to be there for them. Kit needs us now. It's just that I'm scared of what will happen next... especially if Jiro found out. Kit would not take another heartache if Jiro knows about this and leaves her as well...” he said. Then, he looked at Chun. “Chun... I was there during those times. I've seen how broken she is. She is trying her best to live her life without Calvin in her life, and as far as I can see, she's doing OK. She's loving Jiro as she's supposed to, and as long as he is with her, I could not see any problem that will happen. As her friends, we should be there for them – for Kit, for Calvin, for Jiro and for Joy. Like you said before, we can only guide them, and that's all we can do. We can never blame them if they made actions that will result to more heartaches, after all, we could not control them...” Danson said. Chun lowered his head as he brushed his hair again with his fingers. “Why is he always hurting her? Obviously, he's also in pain. Why did he chose to make things more complicated? It wouldn't end up like this if he only admits his true feelings...” Chun said in a low voice. “What can we expect from him? Hes now with his dream girl... and because of that, he have neglected her. In the end, she chose the man who have loved her for so long... his jealousy, his hatred for him, his fear that he will take her away from him... all of it only proves that he have always been in love with Kit. But he could not even admit it to himself. I know he's hurting as well. I know he missed her, and being without her is like hell for him... but why can't he bring himself to acknowledge that?” Danson said.

Silence.

“He knew he have always been in love with Kit...” Chun finally answered. “But like Kit, he chose to keep his promise.”

--

“Can we talk?” Joy said as soon as he saw Jiro coming out of his class. “What is there to talk about? If it's about you being envy again about our engagement, then I don't want to talk to you.” Jiro said to her. He turned his on her and began to walk away. Joy watched him, smirking at him. “Are you really sure you want to marry your princess?” she asked again. Jiro paused, and then looked back at her. “What's this all about, Joy?” he asked in an annoyed tone. Joy smiled at him and shrugged her shoulder. “Nothing. I just want to make sure that your mind is made up.”
“I am sure about marrying her. We'll get married right after this semester, so expect to get an invitation from us.”
“Oh, so you really love her that much that you really can't wait to be with her...”
Jiro is getting annoyed with the way their conversation is going. “Joy... I thought you have now accepted it. I am with Tin now, and I am choosing her. You already chose Calvin, so please... leave us in peace.” he said. Joy let out another smile. “I care for you a lot, Jiro. That's why I want to make sure that you are sure with your decision...”
“I am, Joy. Nothing can change my mind.”
“Are you sure? Even if you found out Kit's little secret?”

Jiro got confused with what she is saying. “What secret?” he asked Joy chuckled upon hearing his question. “So, your sweet girlfriend has not told you anything yet?” she asked as she folded her arms. “What is it?”
“Answer me first. Will you still love her, despite her lies to you?”
“Kit is not lying to me, so stop this.”
“Not lying? I don't think so...”
“I know everything about her...”
“Ho much do you know her? Do you know how she feels before you came into her life? Are you really sure that she have loved you since then?”
“I don't know where this is getting at...”

Jiro sighed in frustration. He turned his back again, and as he took his first step away from her, Joy began to speak again. “Will you still love her, if you found out she's Calvin's paper crane girl?” he heard Joy ask. He paused for a while, then looked back at her. Confusion is written all over his face. “She... she is the paper crane girl?” he asked. Joy smiled and nodded his head. “Yes, she is.” she said. “And she have been madly in love with Calvin since... so tell me. Are you still willing to marry her now that you found out that she is not in love with you, but with her best friend?”

--

“One more glass of wine, please...” Jiro said as soon as put down the goblet on the counter top. The bar tender immediately poured him another glass, and he took it and drank it. He could not accept what Joy said to her that afternoon. He could not believe that Kit would be Calvin's paper crane girl, and that she have been in love with Calvin. He thought Kit only loved him, and he never thought that there is someone else in her heart aside from him. He have loved Kit too much, she was the reason why she couldn't love Celestine and Joy before, and not, this is what she have done. “So this is what it feels like...” he thought as he gulped down the wine. “This is how Celestine and Joy must have felt before... I felt like a useless man. I lost to Calvin again... I thought Kit really loves me... but I was wrong. Maybe she was just using me to forget her feelings for him. Maybe she's using me to cover up her lies to him...” he said to himself.

He was too drunk that he didn't notice a tall lady slip to a seat next to him. “Hey...” he heard her say seductively. Jiro looked to his side, and then smiled at the familiar girl beside her. “Celestine...” he said. “What are you doing, drinking yourself to death?” she asked. Jiro just shook his head. He took the bottle beside him and poured himself another glass of wine. “I need to forget...” he said. Celestine gave him a confused look. “Forget about what?” she asked. “I need to forget everything. I need to forget the hurt I am feeling right now. I need to forget her...” he said. Celestine smiled at him. “Tin?” she asked. Jiro looked at her and nodded his head.

Celestine leaned towards him, and gave him a seductive smile. As she touched his face, he could feel shivers running down his spine. “I always came in the right time...” she said. She leaned closer, and then gave him a kiss on the cheek. “I can make you forget all about her... I can, Jiro. You need me, and I need you...” she purred into her ears. Jiro looked at her closely, and he could help but shiver whenever she feels her hot breath. “Celestine...” he said. Before he knew it, his lips were already on hers, and they were already sharing a passionate kiss.

--

Kit dialed Jiro's number again, but it just keeps on ringing. It has been two days since she last saw him, and she's getting worried about him. Jiro has not been answering his calls, and he have been absent. When she calls their house, his mom would always tell her that he's not around. “Jay... please pick up...” she said as she heard his phone ring. After several rings, the call ended. She sighed as she ended the call. She doesn't know what's happening to him, but she have this hunch, this gut feel, the something wrong is going on. “Have you reached him yet?” she heard Danson said as soon as he reached her. Kit lowered her head and shook her head. Danson could see how worried and scared his friend is. He doesn't know what happened to Jiro, but he knows he sure have a lot of explaining to do, making her worried like this. “I sent him messages, but he isn't replying... Auntie Wang said he hasn't gone home for days now...” Kit said in a low voice. “Did the two of you fought?” Danson asked. Kit shook her head. “No... not that I know of...” she said. Danson put his hand on her shoulder. As she looked up at him, he gave her an assuring smile. “Don't worry too much. Maybe he's just doing something important. I know he'll call you soon...” he said. “But it has been two days, Danson. It's unlikely of him to be like this, not returning my calls or my messages. I'm really getting worried...” she said.

“You don't have to worry about a thing, Tin. Jiro is in very good hands...” they heard someone say. Kit and Danson looked back, and saw joy smirking at them. “Y-you know where Jiro is?” Kit asked. Joy just nodded her head. “He is where he is supposed to be. In the arms of the girl who truly loves her. Sadly, it's not you. You were cheating on him, aren't you?” she snapped at him. Danson was angered by what she said. He know Joy is mad at Kit, but she have no right to joke like this. “Take it back. I know you're only lying to hurt her.” Danson said in a firm tone. Kit fell silent upon hearing what Joy said. A part of her does not want to believe her, but a bigger part of her is saying Joy just confirmed her greatest fear. Joy smirked again as she folded her arms. “It's true. Celestine is back, and Jiro's with her right now. If I'm not mistaken, Jiro has been staying in Celestine's hotel room for days now. You do know what naughty they are doing right now, right?” she said haughtily. Kit shook her head, not wanting to hear anything from her. “You're just lying. Jiro could never do that...” she said. Joy took something from her bag, and threw it at Danson. It was Celestine's key card at the hotel they are staying. “If you don't believe me, then why don't you take a look by yourself. Jiro has been there with Celestine. Why don't you check it out yourself?” she said. Kit looked up at Danson. “Can... can you go with me? I... I want to prove that Joy's wrong...” she said. “Or maybe I'm right. Go ahead and see for yourself.” Joy said. Danson glared at Joy, then she looked at Kit. He nodded his head. The two of them turned to leave, with Danson praying that this is all but lies.

Joy laughed to herself as she watched the two leave. She had her revenge on Kit now. She know she would be broken hearted if she'll see Jiro and Celestine together. She got back at Kit for breaking her heart. She got back at her for trying to steal Calvin from her. “What a sweet revenge...” Joy said to herself. “Do you really have to hurt Kit this way for breaking your heart?” she heard a familiar voice said She looked back and saw Calvin standing behind her. Joy glared at him for getting in her way. “This is not enough...” she said. “It's more than enough, Joy. More than enough. You don't have to hurt her this way...her heart is already breaking. She have been through a lot of pain. She have suffered for breaking our hearts. This is too much, Joy...” Calvin said in a low voice. He shook his head, unable to believe that Joy could do such things. “Why do you care? You should be happy with what I'm doing, Calvin. You shouldn't worry about her anymore because she's your ex-best friend!” she shouted at him. Calvin just stared at her, and she could see the anger in his eyes. “At this very moment, Joy... I don't think I know you anymore...” he said before turning his back on her.

--

Kit and Danson stared at the door before them. “I... I'm scared...” Kit said in a low voice. “What if it's true? What if he's really inside?” Danson looked at her. “The only thing to find out if it's true is to take a look inside...” he said. He inserted the key card on the door, and slowly opened it. They carefully walked inside the hotel room. They found the hotel room's empty, but at the other side, they heard something. They walked towards the door of the room, and they could clearly hear two people talking. “I'll catch you!” they heard a familiar voice say. They heard a girl laughing and screaming. “Stop it! Stop it!” they heard a girl's voice said. Then, the two voices laughed for a while, and then fell silent. Kit swallowed hard. She knew Jiro is inside that room, with Celestine. She have heard their voices. It took her a lot of courage to reach for the door and opened it.

As the door opened, she gasped. The sight before her broke her heart into a million pieces. She felt as if someone stabbed her a thousand time. Before her, she saw Jiro and Celestine . They were too busy making out, that they didn't noticed their presence. She felt weak upon seeing them kissing. Its as if someone have stabbed her in the heart. “Jay... how....” she said. Jiro stopped, and then looked back. She saw Kit almost in tears, but he remained unmoved. Kit looked at him, and she could see the anger in his eyes. “What? You barge in on us like that, and then you'll fell silent?” he said, smirking at him. “How... how could you do this to me?” she shouted at him. Tears were already cascading from her eyes. “Why? Why are you doing this? Am I not enough? I... I thought you love me?” she said in between sobs. Jiro shook his head as he walked towards her. “It's the other way around, Kit. All this time, I thought you love me. But you lied...” he said in a furious tone. “You never loved me. You just used me to cover up what you truly feels for your best friend. You're in love with Calvin, right? You are his paper crane girl, and while you are with me, you are still loving him. You know what I felt? I felt like you cheated on me. Now tell me, that's enough reason for me to justify my actions, right?” he said to her. Kit clenched her fist as she listened to him. With all her remaining strength, she slapped Jiro on the cheek with all her might. “I loved you, goddamn it! I loved you, Jiro! Yes, I was in love with Calvin, but it was you. I loved you first, and it has always been you. I chose you over him, because I can't break your heart anymore! I chose to be with you, to marry you because I love you so much!” Kit shouted at him. Then, she paused to wipe the tear from her face. Jiro fell silent, feeling guilty for what he have done, hurting her this way. Its now clear to him that Kit really loves him, for she chose him over Calvin. He wanted to apologize for breaking his hurt, but as he looked into her eyes, he could see her anger. He is wrong, he knows that, but the damage has been done.

“God knows I've waited for you for so long. I loved you since that day we met... I never gave up waiting till you come back to me. You've hurt me before, and now you're hurting me again. I can't take this anymore, Jiro. I forgive you for breaking my heart, but please forgive me for hating you this much.” she said. She took the ring from her hand, and then threw it at him. “And this...” she said as she clutched the shell pendant from her neck. “With this, you said that you would never leave me... but you already did. You're just like him. You left me without hearing me out. I don't want to believe you anymore. It's over...” She pulled the necklace and threw it at him. She turned her back on her to leave. As Jiro looked up, he realized that the girl he loves is leaving her. “Kit!” he shouted. As he stepped forward to follow her, Danson blocked his way. “She's still mad. Don't follow her. Just be thankful that Kit is with me all this time, because if not, I would've killed you right at this instant. She had enough heartbreak, Jiro... she doesn't deserve this.” he said to him. He turned his back on Jiro and followed Kit outside the hotel room.

Jiro looked down and saw the necklace he have given her. He knelt down to pick up and stared at it for a long time. He felt the tear falling from his eyes. It's over between them, and it was his fault that he chased away the girl he have loved for so long.

--

Kit walked through the hotel lobby, and as she looked up, she saw Calvin standing before her. She didn't notice the worry look on her face. She was too furious to even notice it. “Kit...” he called her in a low voice. Kit wiped the tear on her face, and put up a brave front for him. “What are you doing here?” she asked in a firm tone. “I came... I came to check on you...”
“Check on me? You came just to check on me?”
“Kit, I still care for you...”
Kit let out a bitter smile and shook her head. “You stopped caring for me. You ended our friendship, remember?” she snapped at him. Calvin looked away from her, not wanting to see the anger in her face. “Are you here to see my heart breaking? Are you here to say 'See, I told you so?' Are you here to say 'Kit, serves you right for being such a liar! You deserve to be dumped by Jiro.' Well, I'm telling you, Calvin Chen... you won. And I am not going to let you celebrate just because you have hurt me.”

Calvin looked up at her. He was hurt with those things she told him. “It's not that, Kit. I am worried for you...” he said. Kit walked up to him, her tears falling again. “It's all your fault!” she shouted at him as she hit him on his chest. “It's all your fault, Calvin! You should be happy now that I am all alone with no one to love! You left me, and now Jiro left me! Are you happy now, huh? Why did you have to be here to see me in this pain? Why did you have to come? Can't you let me suffer in this pain alone? Why? I hate you, Calvin Chen! I hated you! What did I do to deserve this kind of cruelty from your hands? The only wrong thing I did is love you, and you can't even forgive me for that! It wasn't my fault that I was Tin! It wasn't my fault that Jiro couldn't love Joy! I wasn't my fault that I broke her heart! Didn't I helped you get the girl of your dreams? Didn't I help you make a special night for the two of you? Didn't I? Why are you so cruel? Why? You planned this with Joy.. you planned to break my heart even more! I hate you for this... I hate you more than you hate me!” she shouted at him. Calvin stopped her by holder her on both shoulders. He was also crying, not because of the pain of her hit, but because he could not bear to see her like this. He was crying because of her hatred towards him.

“Kit...” he managed to say. “I did not plan this with Joy. Trust me, I didn't know all about this. If only I had known...” Kit looked up at him, and gave him a glare. “Then what, you will stop her?” she asked, then she shook her head. “I don't think so, Calvin. You hated me, right? You hated me, and even regret that I became your best friend....” she said in a low voice. It was Calvin's turn to shake his head. “No... I regret saying those things to you, Kit...” he said. Kit just looked at him. He could see how tired she is, her face is not bearing anymore emotion. “I've had enough...” she said to him. “Leave me alone, please... I don't want to see you ever again... Just... just get out of my life. You only give me pain and heartache, and I don't want any of these anymore. Please... just pretend that you never met me. Pretend that we were strangers. I... I don't want anything to do with you anymore...” she said in a weak voice.

She took his hand away from her shoulders, and walked away from him. Calvin was left in daze. He was hurt with her voice, with those things she said. She had the right to be mad at her because of what he have done in the past. He was willing to make amends for his mistake, and he was more than willing to bring back their friendship because he know she will be needing him, but he was wrong. Kit decided to stay out of his life for good, and it hurts him most. He could not believe that his best friend, the girl he have loved is finally out of his life.