Danger Lurking

99 Paper Cranes (Completed)
Chapter 20 – Danger Lurking

A/N: Warning: This chapter contains some rated scenes.

--

“Mike...” Joe said as he tapped his shoulder. Mike looked back, and he saw two girls walking up to them. He recognized who this girl is, after all, they had a little affair back then. Mike stood up from his seat, and smiled at the girl. “Hey, baby!” he greeted. The girl just smiled at him. “Hey yourself, Mike. Are you desperate or what?”
“What do you mean?”
“Kit. I've heard you're chasing her. Have you ran out of girls you could play with?”
Mike just laughed at what she said. “Are you jealous? I heard you're dating someone already.” he said. “Yes, I am...” she said. Then, she walked up to him. “And the guy I'm dating turns out to be Kit's BFF...” she whispered to him. Upon hearing that, Mike's lips formed into a smile again. “So, you're here to help me with Kit?” he asked her. She just nodded her head. “Of course. I'll do everything to get rid of his little BFF. She's getting in my way...” she said. “Well, I can understand why you hate Kit so much, Trixie. She's a nice girl, while you're a .” Mike said. She just rolled her eyes at him. “Puh-leaze. She's the !” she said. Mike nodded his head. “Yeah, she's the , while you're a ” he snapped back. Trixie rolled her eyes at him again. “So, what kind of help are you willing to give me?” he asked. Trixie just gave him an evil smile as she told him about her plans.

After hearing her plan, his lips formed into a smile. “It's as if you're asking me a favor than giving me help, Trixie. It's not fair...” he said. Trixie raised an eyebrow at him. “Don't you want her?” she asked. “Not in that way... but, I'm willing to cooperate with you. In one condition...” he said. Trixie crossed his arm, and listened to what he have to say. “What?” she asked. Mike smirked at him, leaning closer to her. “You know what I wanted, Trixie...” he whispered to her. He stared into her eyes for a moment, and then he kissed her on the lips.

--

Danson leaned at the wall right beside the door of the music room. He sighed as he looked at the paper crane on his palm. “Who could she be?” he thought. There are a lot of mysteries surrounding this paper crane girl, and it seems that everything gets to be complicated. He have to found out who she is, before he could tell Kit or Calvin that Trixie is lying to them. He have to make sure that he found the right paper crane girl this time, and not just any of Calvin's admirer. He sighed again, and looked up at the ceiling. “I need help with this... God give me a clue...” he thought.

“What are you doing here?” he heard someone say. He looked beside him, and he saw Hannah. Danson looked at her and smiled. He hid the paper crane inside his bag secretly. “Oh... Actually, I was looking for you.” he said. Hannah crossed her arms, and gave him a suspicious look. “Why?”
“I was wondering if I could borrow your notes in History...”
“Kit and I are on the same class. Why borrow notes from me?”
“Why can't I borrow from you?”
“Because if you borrow from me, you won't have any chance with Kit. If you borrow from Kit, at least you'll have a chance with her.
Danson just laughed at what she said. “Why are you even thinking about me wanting to get a chance with Kit?” he asked. “Because if you won't make a move now, then before you knew it, Kit is already someone else's girl, you sissy!” she said. Then, she walked towards him, looking at him closely. “And I don't think its the notes.” she said. Danson sighed at her. “OK, OK. I admit, it's not the notes. I need your help on something. I need your advice.” he said. “What is it about?” she asked. “What if... what if you have this friend and he's in love with this girl... what if you found out that the girl is lying to your friend?” he asked. Hannah shrugged her shoulder upon hearing his question. “Beats me... but the best way is to let your friend know about the girl's lies. Or try to prove that she is lying to your friend.” she said. “Do you think my friend will believe me?” he asked. “If he trusts you, he will.” she said. Then, she gave him another suspicious look. “Is there anything that Jiro have not told Joy?” she asked. Danson shook his head. “It's not about them, don't worry.” he said. Hannah sighed with relief. “Good. Because if it's Jiro, I'll kill him.”

--

“I'll see you later!” Calvin told one of his classmates. He stopped by his locker, and as he reached for it, he was surprised to see another black paper crane on it. “Weird...” he thought. He took the paper crane, and opened his locker. Inside it was a yellow paper with note on it. He took it, and read it's contents. “Sometimes, the things you ignore are the things that you'll miss when they're gone...” it says. “Calvin!” he heard someone call him. He immediately put the paper crane and the note inside his bag. He looked back and saw Trixie coming up to him. “Hey, baby!” he greeted. Trixie kissed him on the cheek. “Hey, want to go to the cafe later?” she asked. Calvin nodded his head. “OK. I'll see you later after my class.” she said. As she turned to leave, Calvin called her. “Trixie...” he called. Trixie paused and looked back at him. “Did... did you put something on my locker?” he asked. Trixie smiled and shook her head. “Nope, I didn't.” she said, smiling at her. Then, she walked away from him.

Calvin took the paper crane again from his bag and looked at it again. It seems weird. If it's not Trixie, then who would leave this to his locker? Does he have another secret admirer, or is someone playing a joke on him. If this is a joke, then it's a really bad joke.

--

“Now that you've talked to Mike...” Rina asked Trixie as they were walking to their class. “What are you going to do next?” Trixie paused, and looked at her, giving her a devilish smile. “I have to find out if Calvin and Kit are already in good terms.”
“And if they are?”
“Then I'll do the worst thing to Kit so that she'll learn her lesson.”
Rina suddenly felt scared with her friend. She know she is a mean girl, but she never thought she could be this mean. “Trixie, don't you think this is too much? You've already ruined the friendship between the two... now I really can't understand why you hate that girl to the bones.” Trixie looked at Rina. “I have my reasons...” she said. “But I can never tell that reason to you for now.” After saying that, Trixie went on her way.

--

“What do you want from me?” Chun asked as soon as he saw Rina walking up to him. That afternoon, Rina asked him to meet him at the basketball court, because she have something to tell him about Trixie. “If this would be about Trixie apologizing to Kit, I'll listen. If not, then forget about it.” he said. Rina just sighed as he looked into Chun's angry eyes. She could not blame him for being mad at her, for she is also one of the reasons why Calvin and Kit were in bad terms. Aside from that, she know that Chun have became close to Kit after her and Calvin's fight. “Just hear me out, will you?” she said. “Fine, I'm all ears.”
“It's about Trixie...”
“What about her?”
“She's planning something against Kit...”

Chun looked up at her, surprised at what she said. “What do you mean?” he asked in a confused tone. “I don't know what she's really up to, but I know, Kit might be in danger. I don't know what Trixie will do to her this time...” she explained. Chun was a little skeptical with what she was saying. “How sure am I that you're telling the truth? Is this part of your plan against Kit?” he asked. Rina shook her head. “My intentions are real, Chun. If I didn't want to help you, then I won't tell you about what I know. I'm risking my friendship with Trixie here, and you know that Trixie could do harm on me as well.” she said. Rina sighed as she turned away from Chun. “It's like I don't know this Trixie anymore. She have become a monster...” she said in a low voice. “Why are you doing this?” Chun asked again. Rina looked up at him. There's something in her heart that she wants to tell him, but she knows that today is not the right time.

--

“Test, mike... test mike...” someone said over the PA system. Everyone paused, as they listen to the voice over the PA system. “This is Mike He, and I want everyone to know that I am in love with Katherine Jin.” Everyone who heard what Mike said cheered on him. Meanwhile, Kit heard Mike's announcement over the PA system. “Are you OK?” Hannah asked in a worried tone. Kit nodded her head. Hannah could see the angry expression on Kit's face. She watched her as she clenched her fist. She could sense that she is really mad at what Mike did. “Hey Kit, so are you going to give Mike He a chance?” one of her classmates said. Kit just glared at him, which made the guy intimidated. “Kit...” Hannah called her nervously. “That jerk really know how to embarrass me.” she said in a hard tone. Kit walked away from Hannah. “Kit!” Hannah called as she followed her. She know where exactly Kit would be heading – to find Mike He.

Meanwhile, at the student affairs office, Mike turned off the PA system, and then looked at his friends. “All right!” Ethan said. “You're the man, Mike!” Andy said. The three gave him a high five. “Well, what do you think? Do you think she heard my love confession?” he asked. “I sure did.” he heard someone say. Mike slowly looked back, and he saw Kit standing by the door, glaring at him. Kit walked towards him. “Kit, baby...” he said in a husky voice. Kit just crossed her arms as she raised an eyebrow at him. “I am not your baby, Mike He.” she said. After saying that, she gave him a hard punch on the face, that made Mike fall down on the ground. “Next time, don't embarrass people like that.” she said before she turned to leave.

Ethan and Andy rushed to Mike's side and helped him up. Mike wiped the blood from his mouth, and then glared outside the door. “Boss, are you all right?” Andy asked. “I sure am...” he said. “That Kit will pay for punching me.”

--

Calvin saw Kit walking outside the student affairs office. He could tell by the way she walked that she is mad at what Mike announced earlier. He decided to follow his best friend. “Kit!” he called. Kit looked back and saw him walking up to her. “Cal, hey...” she said. “Are you OK?” Calvin asked as soon as he reached her. Kit smiled and nodded her head. “I'm OK, don't worry. I already gave Mike He his well-deserved lesson.” she said proudly. Calvin was worried when Hannah found him. Hannah told him that Kit became mad after hearing Mike He's love confession. He could understand her, for she was embarrassed at what Mike did. He much worried now, because Mike is decided to pursue Kit, and he don't know what Mike will do next to have Kit.

“You should've seen his face when I punched him, Cal. He looked funny! I never thought that only a girl could make him lose.” she said. Calvin stared into her eyes, and then, he pulled her to him and imprisoned her in his arms. Kit was surprised at what Calvin did. He was not speaking, but she could feel the fear in his heart. “You.. you scared me, Kit. You really did...” he said to her. “You never knew how worried I am for you. You scared me a lot, Kit. I told you... don't act brave. What if he gets back at you? What if you got yourself in danger because of what you did? What if he hurt you?” he said. Kit was surprised at the concern that Calvin is showing her. She buried her face on his chest and hugged him. “I'm sorry, Cal... I'm sorry...” she said in a low voice. She didn't want anyone to worry about her. She can take care of herself, and she have to learn to defend herself because she know that Calvin won't always be there to stand up for herself. She knew that since the day Calvin sided with Trixie. She can't always rely on Calvin, and it was also him who taught him to be brave.

What they didn't know is that all this time, Trixie was watching them. When he saw Calvin hug Kit, she felt jealous. That jealousy devoured her, making her more angry at Kit. She felt like Kit is taking Calvin away from her once again. Not that she doesn't want him to be concerned for his best friend, but he made her feel that Kit will always comes first. Kit will always be priority, no matter what, and this is the reason why she hated Kit. This is the reason why she wants Kit out of Calvin in his life. She thought that weaving lies to Calvin about his little BFF would do the trick, but she was wrong. She didn't know how or why, but looking at them, she know they've made up already.

Trixie clenched her fist. She fought herself not to walk up to him and hurt Kit. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes to calm herself. “I will have my revenge on you, Kit...” she swore to herself. She turned her back, not opening her eyes. And as she opened her eyes, she walked away from that scene.

--

Trixie found Mike and his friends at the parking lot that afternoon. He was sitting by his car, treating the wound he got from Kit's punch. “What happened to your face, pretty boy?” she asked. Mike glared at her. “You should know what happen, why are you asking?” he asked. Trixie smirked at him as she crossed her arm. “Oh, I forgot. The was not moved by your public proposal?” she asked again. Mike nodded his head. “This is what I got after all I've done... I swear that will go down someday.” he said. He looked up at Trixie again, and saw her laughing. “Nothing's funny, Trixie?”
“Sorry for laughing, Mike. Your strategy is really funny, I must say. You didn't even dared to do that when you were courting Joy.”
“I'm in love with her at first sight, OK?”

Trixie bent down on him, giving him a devilish smile. “I know exactly how you can have her all by yourself, Mike. I have to strategies for you – one is the hard way, and the other is the evil way. If the hard way failed, you can always resort to the evil one...” she said. Mike smiled at her. “Tell me... I'm listening...”

--

“The first strategy is, you just have to be like Calvin. Be as sweet as him, as gentleman... the likes.”

--

Kit was walking through the lobby, when she saw Trixie and Mike together. She turned her back, when Trixie called her. “Kit!” Kit paused and then looked at them. She let out a fake smile at them. “What can I do for you?” she asked in a formal tone. Trixie smiled sweetly at her. “No need to be formal, Kit. By the way, I assume you already know my friend, Mike?” she said. Kit threw a look at him and smirked. “Oh yes, the jerk.” she said. Just then, Calvin came up to them. “What's this?” he asked as he glared at Mike. Trixie smiled at her boyfriend. “Hey, baby... no need to worry. I'm just introducing my friend here to your BFF.” she said. Calvin gave Trixie a skeptical look. Mike is up to something, he could sense that, and he's using Trixie to get close to Mike.

Mike looked at Calvin and smiled at him. “Calvin, you don't have to worry about a thing. I just want to apologize to Kit for what I've done.” he said. Then, he turned to Kit. “Kit, I'm really sorry for what I did. I should've not embarassed you like that...” he said. “Aiyo, Mike. It's really a sweet thing you've done for Kit. Any girl would be moved. Right, Kit?” Trixie said. Kit just smirked at them. “I'm sorry, I wasn't moved by that. But nevertheless, I accept your apology. Just don't do it again.” she said. Mike smiled and nodded his head. “I was hoping we could start all over again, Kit, and be friends?” he said. Kit looked up at Calvin, as if asking him what to say to you. Calvin just shrugged his shoulder. “It's all up to you, Kit. It's your decision.” he said. Kit sighed as he turned to Mike. “I guess everyone deserves another chance. OK, I accept your friendship as well...” she said. Mike's face lightened up upon hearing that. “Really? Thank you, Kit. This means a lot to me...” he said. Trixie walked beside Calvin, and clinged on to his arm. “Isn't this great? Kit and Mike are OK now. I hope we can be OK now, Kit...” she said. “Sure, no problem...” Kit said in a monotonous tone. “Great!” Mike said as he clapped his arm. “Why don't we all go out to celebrate. My treat.” he said.

--

Mike drove Kit home that night after they had dinner. “Thank you for the ride, Mike.” she said, smiling at him. “No problem, Kit. Anything for you.” he said. He looked at her, and smiled. “I'm glad that you accepted me as your friend... but the truth is, I really like you, Kit. I really do.” he said. Mike leaned over her to kiss her, but Kit turned away from him. Mike realized that he was too fast with her. “Mike...” he heard her call. Mike looked at her. “I'm sorry... I'm sorry if you find me too fresh or if I'm being to fast. Its just that I liked you since the day I first laid my eyes on you...” he said. Kit looked at him in the eye. “I'm sorry, Mike. I can only offer you my friendship, nothing more...”
“I'm willing to wait, I'm willing to take one small step at a time... just give me a chance, Kit. I'll proved to you that my intentions are real.”

He saw her shook her head. “I'm really sorry, Mike... I can't force myself to love someone else.” he said. “Is... is it because of the bad impression I gave to you when we met?” he asked. Kit shook her head. “If that's the reason, then I wouldn't consider you as my friend. It's just that... I... I'm in love with someone else...” she said. Mike felt his world crumble upon hearing what she said. Clearly, he won't have a chance with Kit as someone else is inside her heart. Mike leaned on his seat, and took a deep breath. “You're a great guy, Mike. Really. Any girl would be lucky to have you, if you only show them this side of you. But...”
“But you can't love me the way I love you...”
“I'm really sorry...”

Mike took another deep breath, and then forced a smile at her. “But, you still accept my friendship?” he asked. Kit smiled and nodded her head. “Of course, I still do. We're still friends.” she said. Mike sighed with relief upon hearing her answer. “I'm glad that you still consider me as your friend. Don't worry, I won't insist my feelings for you anymore...” he said. He watched Kit as she left her car and get inside her home. As soon as she's gone, the smile on his face disappeared, and was replaced by a frown. He was frustrated with the way things are turning up. “Damn it...” he thought. He reached for his phone, and dialed Trixie's number. “Hello, Trixie?” he said. “I'm ready to hear the evil plan...”

--

Trixie noticed that Calvin was silent all through out as he drove her home. “Are you OK, baby?” she asked. Calvin shook his head. He have been getting worried about Kit. He couldn't trust that Mike He, and he felt that he's planning something bad to her. “I don't know... It's just that this Mike He... I have a bad feeling about him.” he said. Trixie tried to smile at him, although she felt hurt. Calvin is still thinking about Kit's own good, instead of giving his full attention to her. “Don't worry, Cal. Mike's a nice guy. He maybe a jerk, but he have good intentions with Kit, I can see that...” she assured him. But, Calvin shook his head. “I don't know. I don't trust Mike. If he does something to Kit, I swear I'm going to kill him with my bare hands.” he said.

The smile on Trixie's face slowly disappeared away from him so that he won't notice the change in her expression. “Why does it always have to be Kit? I'm your girlfriend, you should worry about me as well...” she thought. She became silent until they reached her house. She's a little mad at Calvin for being like this, but she's furious at Kit for getting his attention again. She really know how to be the center of attention without making any efforts. “We're here...” she heard Calvin said. Trixie looked up at him and smiled. “I'll see you tomorrow, baby...” she said. Then, she kissed him on the lips, and he could feel his coldness in his pink lips. Defeated, she just went out of the car, and watched as he drove away.

After a few seconds, he mobile phone rang. She reached for it, and saw Mike's name flashing on the screen. “Hello, Mike?” she said. Her lips formed into an evil smile as she listened to him. “Let me tell you about the plan. Come over here at my place.”

--

At the dark alley, two bodies were moving in rhythm. Soft moans of pleasure are being heard. Their body, covered with beads of sweat, their lips roamed around each other's body. They looked at each other with lust in their eyes. She cupped his cheek, and bent down to give him one long passionate kiss. His hand slides up to her back, sending shiver down her spines. She threw her head back to let his lips kiss her down to her . She let out another moan, as his lips touched her bare body. His hand slid up to her neck, holding her as he kissed her up her neck once again. She called his name, and hearing him say his name just made him want her more. “You're so good, baby... you're really good...” he whispered to her. She moaned again as he let his hand pleasure her down there.

After a while, both of them sat back in his car. They were both silent as they put on their clothes. “You're such a ...” he heard him say. He looked at her, and he could see the lust in his eyes again. “And you love being pleasured by this .” she answered back. Just seeing that smirk on her face just makes him want her more. She's just a substitute, he knows, but he knows that he is just a substitute for her as well. A substitute for a man who barely notices her. “I wonder if that would be as good as you in bed....” he said. “I bet she's not.”

She flipped her hair, as she looked at herself on the mirror. She smiled to herself. She have her revenge with Calvin now, but this is not enough. She need to have her revenge on Kit. She wanted her to suffer as much as she did. “About the plan...” he asked. She looked at him and smiled. “You're a very impatient boy, Mike He...”
“And you're such an evil princess, Trixie Yan. I can't believe you'll cheat on your boyfriend like this.”
“Serves him right...”
“Didn't you waited a long time to be with him? I thought you were going to be a good girl now that you have him.”
“How can I be a good girl if that always gets in the way.”
Mike laughed as she answered. “You really hate her that much...” he said. Trixie looked at him and smiled. “So, the plan...”

--

Rainie handed Hannah and Danson their invitation for her upcoming birthday party which will be held at the Yang's Hotel. “I'll be expecting you guys there, OK?” she told him. Hannah nodded her head as she smiled at her. “And don't forget to give your friends their invitation. I'm expecting all of you there.” Rainie said before leaving the two. “So, you're really coming?” Danson asked her, as she read the invitation. “Of course, I will. Rainie's a friend as well, and she invited me. Aren't you?” she asked. “I'll come as long as you're there...” he said. Hannah shook her head as she laughed at him. “You should say, 'I'll come as long as Kit's there'. Why the sudden change of heart?” Danson looked at her and gave her puppy eyes. “Don't you like being with me?” he asked. Hannah laughed at him again. “Of course, I do! I just find it weird that you hang out with me a lot. I bet Kit will be very jealous...”
“Or, are you scared that Calvin will be jealous of me?”

The two looked at each other, and laughed again. “I don't know about you... do you have plans of telling Kit what you feel?” she asked. “Do you have plans of letting Calvin know that you like him?” Danson asked. Hannah paused, and then glared at him. “Wei, Danson. Why are you always picking up on me?” she asked, putting her hands on her waist. “Because you always do the same thing, Hannah.” he said. Hannah turned away from him, and crossed her arms. “OK, I have an idea about letting our apple of the eyes know about our feelings...” Danson saidf. Hannah looked up at him, and smiled. “OK, I'm listening...” she said. “We have to find a way to let them know before the next semester starts. That's roughly two months from now. We have to tell them, and face it if they rejects us... OK?” he said. “Then, what happens if they did not accept our feelings?” she asked. Danson crossed his arms and smiled at her. “We still have each other, remember?”

--

Trixie took the invitation from Ashley's hand, and as she read it's content, her lips formed into a smile. “This is perfect...” she thought. She reached for her mobile phone and dialed Mike's number. After two rings, Mike picked it up. “Hello, Mike...” she said. “I found the perfect event to proceed with our plans...”

--

Next chapter:
Rainie's birthday party will be one wild party...
But danger is lurking somewhere.
What will Mike and Trixie do to Kit?